How CORRUPT are Police in China?

How CORRUPT are Police in China?

Posted in the China Forum

CCP are HATED in CHINA

Port Moody, Canada

#1 Apr 30, 2013
from;
http://www.business-anti-corruption.com/count...

Police
Individual Corruption

The general public seems to hold the integrity of the police in low regard. This is illustrated in Transparency International’s Global Corruption Barometer 2010/2011, in which the surveyed households perceive the police to be one of the most corrupt institutions in the country, while a substantial number of households perceive the police to be ‘extremely corrupt’.

Business Corruption

Extortion and illegal fees demanded by police are frequently mentioned in the media, an example is a February 2009 news article by China Daily. The article describes a former senior police officer, who was also a former director of the Chongqing Municipal Judicial Bureau, accused of receiving bribes totalling more than USD 2.4 million between 1996 and 2009, in return for protecting gangs, favouritism and allowing companies access to police investigations.

According to Global Integrity 2011, although formal processes exist for citizens and companies to complain about police activities, none of them can be considered truly independent mechanisms.

CCP are HATED in CHINA

Port Moody, Canada

#2 Apr 30, 2013
Political Corruption

According to the US Department of State 2011, there is insufficient judicial oversight of the police and checks and balances are not in place. Corruption at the local level is widespread and there have been cases of police officials engaged in extrajudicial detention, extortion and assault.

According to Global Integrity 2011, despite law enforcement agencies such as the police receiving a relatively sufficient annual budget, they enrich themselves through other channels such as extortion and corruption. Moreover, it is difficult to assess whether some law enforcement agencies are in fact underfunded, or whether funds are just allocated to provide extra benefits for employees instead of improving law enforcement.

In July 2010, Wen Qiang, a deputy police chief, was executed after being found guilty of accepting more than USD 2 million in bribes and participation in other corrupt activities, as reported in 2010 news articles by China Daily and AFP.

According to a 2011 news article published by the National Bureau of Corruption Prevention of China (NBCP), the State of Council issued revised regulation regarding the supervision of police conduct. An inspection committee under the Ministry of Public Security will be in charge of police work nationwide and will report directly to the Ministry of Public Security, according to the amended rules.

Frequency

World Economic Forum: The Global Competitiveness Report 2012-2013:
- Business executives give the reliability of Chinese police services to enforce law and order a score of 4.5 on a 7-point scale (1 being 'cannot be relied upon at all' and 7 'can always be relied upon').

Transparency International: Global Corruption Barometer 2010/2011:
- 48% of households surveyed consider the police to be 'corrupt' or 'extremely corrupt'.

- 9% of households who had contact with the police in the past 12 months report to have paid a bribe.

- Citizens give the police a score of 3.4 on a 5-point scale (1 'not at all corrupt' and 5 'extremely corrupt')
CCP are HATED in CHINA

Port Moody, Canada

#3 Apr 30, 2013
"...despite law enforcement agencies such as the police receiving a relatively sufficient annual budget, they enrich themselves through other channels such as extortion and corruption."

In CCP China's culture of theft, they just can't stop themselves from the impulse of stealing from the people! It's just SO EASY, and EVERYBODY'S DOING IT, I guess!
CHINA SPRING

Surrey, Canada

#4 May 1, 2013
"surveyed households perceive the police to be one of the most corrupt institutions in the country"

Wow! The CCP's police are corrupt and hated in China!

Who knew?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
CCP are PIMPING CHINA

Surrey, Canada

#5 May 1, 2013
THE WORLD LEADER IN PROSTITUTION IS CHINA!

The Communist Party's "Public Security Bureau" are PIMPING OUT China's young girls!

Check it out, Wu Mao whoremongers!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asi ...

Inside Dongguan, China's Sin City
Some 10 per cent of Dongguan's population is said to be employed in the world's oldest profession. Tom Phillips reports from China's Sin City.....
CCP are CORRUPT

Surrey, Canada

#6 May 2, 2013
Police are EASILY BOUGHT in China and always treat CCP gang members as being above any laws!
GAY BOB

United States

#7 May 4, 2013
LOL, Police are corrupt every where, USA is just as bad...
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#8 May 5, 2013
GAY BOB wrote:
LOL, Police are corrupt every where, USA is just as bad...
Guangzhou--Nanning High Speed Railway open at year end, Bob.

“fly, as possible as you can ”

Since: Jul 08

Guangdong,China

#9 May 5, 2013
nobody knows ,hope the news will expose them,,if you wanna any Chinese support ,plz add my Wechat,MY ID stel888

provide help ^_^
CCP are CORRUPT

Surrey, Canada

#10 May 5, 2013
Yes, the corrupt PSB must be exposed!
GAY BOB

Copperas Cove, TX

#11 May 5, 2013
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
Guangzhou--Nanning High Speed Railway open at year end, Bob.
Good, it will make my next trip shorter, but do me a favor, stop those northers from coming down south, they are going to ruin beihai and can not speak our dialect
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#12 May 6, 2013
GAY BOB wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, it will make my next trip shorter, but do me a favor, stop those northers from coming down south, they are going to ruin beihai and can not speak our dialect
Guangzhou--Guiyang high speed railway to open next year, stopping over in Guilin.

There would be a fast rail beween Nanning and Guilin this year.
CORRUPT STUPID CCP

Port Moody, Canada

#14 May 6, 2013
Yes, the corrupt PSB must be exposed!

See how their paid lackeys are so DESPERATE to change the topic?

They FEAR the truth in their CCP WEAKNESS!

So WEAK and dishonest they're almost kind of FUNNY!

Amusing CCP CLOWNS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Why Are Chinamen So Stupid? (Jun '10) Jun 26 China Sucks 238
Chinese people's eyes Jun 26 Zeta Reticuli 6
how would you destroy china? :d (Jul '12) Jun 26 Baba Vanga 1,704
News Chinese Film Week aims to boost cultural links,... Jun 25 Janusz Bugajski 1
White Male Privilege Jun 24 Kenneth 2
I want to say I hate the Korean,very very much! (Jan '13) Jun 22 A Fellow Korean S... 39
Filipinos Are Poor Because They Are Lazy and Dumb! (Jan '13) Jun 22 InTheKnow 110
More from around the web