Click on an option to vote

Definitely

Don't Know

Going Down Quick

The Bubble and Crash is Coming

Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#43 Jul 25, 2013
The vital signs are still in place in China. Foreigners are still flocking to live and work in China and unemployment is low and students in most fields are getting jobs after graduation. I don't know where some Western media states that Chinese college grads have tough times finding jobs, many of those I talk to have jobs already waiting for them six months before they even graduate.
Indian

San Francisco, CA

#44 Jul 27, 2013
India have the best and most sound economy in Asia right now. The potential is great, we are just starting our uptrend cycle.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#45 Jul 28, 2013
Indian wrote:
India have the best and most sound economy in Asia right now. The potential is great, we are just starting our uptrend cycle.
Better save your Rupees fist.
AZN

Toronto, Canada

#46 Jul 28, 2013
Indian wrote:
What uptrend cycle?
Hasn't India been missing all it's GDP targets lately?
Indian

San Francisco, CA

#47 Aug 2, 2013
India has less debt than China and its ppl are free and happy.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#48 Aug 12, 2013
Eat your hearts out trolls and China haters, the WSJ (Wall Street Journal) said that China's GDP for this year will be 9%, housing and auto sales are really up.
atilla the Han

Australia

#49 Aug 12, 2013
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
Better save your Rupees fist.
worthless rupees!!!!??? no thank you.
AZN

Toronto, Canada

#50 Aug 12, 2013
Indian wrote:
Yeah sure, it's really great to be a slumdog ain't it?
XYZ U ZIPPER IS OPEN

United States

#51 Aug 12, 2013
Indian wrote:
US sanctions India for dealing with Iran oil trade and so US ruined rupee... SAD!
Indian

San Francisco, CA

#52 Aug 12, 2013
Wow, 9% growth, isn't that overheating. That could be worst than a slowdown or soft landing.
Indian

San Francisco, CA

#53 Aug 13, 2013
Just in, poor air quality has sharply curtailed tourism in China. China depends a lot of its economic growth on tourism.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#54 Aug 13, 2013
Snowflake wrote:
7.5% forecast for this year is not bAD AT ALL. Crikey says the China boom is still on.
Actually forecasts have fallen to 6.9% now, which is not bad....for a developed country. China has overinvested in infrastructure and now has to pay for the huge (and they are huge)maintenance bills for all these high speed trains, housing projects, useless "marvels" of construction and the other white elephants that you have. Plus Chinese exports are no longer cheap hence no longer attractive because you have not changed the quality of your goods and services. high local government bad loans in virtually every province need huge amounts of money to write off.

China is boomed dude, just remember I told you so not because I am a prophet or because of my high IQ(which is very high), no because these are almost the same mistakes Japan made and exactly the same mistakes most totalitarian states make when times are good.

Location hidden

#55 Aug 13, 2013
Snowflake wrote:
Eat your hearts out trolls and China haters, the WSJ (Wall Street Journal) said that China's GDP for this year will be 9%, housing and auto sales are really up.
I bet $1million gringo moneys that you and Wall street journal are EXTREMELY wrong. It will most definately be less than 7.5% and may even hit 6.8%.

Location hidden

#56 Aug 13, 2013
Snowflake wrote:
Housing sales are a sign of a bubble building, with a clamp down on cash outflows rich Chinese are now buying up houses in order to resale when prices are at their highest, pure dangerous speculation not a sign of growth but of an economic Amagedon coming in 2 years.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#57 Aug 14, 2013
For the last four decades ,doomsayers have been saying this every year just like you 82. You will be wrong again, China will just truck on. WSJ, 9% is not bad even 6.8% is not bad. Four decades already has proven that hating China is the wrong thing. But I am glad that over ten thousand foreign companies are in China, that shows you that they have confidence in China and are doing business with China.

Location hidden

#59 Aug 14, 2013
Snowflake wrote:
For the last four decades ,doomsayers have been saying this every year just like you 82. You will be wrong again, China will just truck on. WSJ, 9% is not bad even 6.8% is not bad. Four decades already has proven that hating China is the wrong thing. But I am glad that over ten thousand foreign companies are in China, that shows you that they have confidence in China and are doing business with China.
PS-40 years ago China was in the middle of the cultural revolution so the doomsayers of that time were just reporting on what they saw, that the end was coming and guess what? For millions and millions of Chinese people that was the end, so I guess those ones were right.

That is what led to the open door policy dummy, things were so remarkably screwed up in China that they had to open up their legs to their sworn enemies and let them in.

Anyway, time will prove me correct, as we see, Just as I have been saying it would for almost a year now, the economy is slowing down. Manufacturing is down, the layoffs will start anytime now. Because no big bad stimulus package no payroll....HO
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#60 Aug 14, 2013
lol @ dreadman82
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#61 Aug 14, 2013
To Remain Tops in Innovation, the U.S. Needs Immigration Reform

U.S.’s continued lead: The country remains a magnet for global innovators. Fink’s paper studies patent applications filed under WIPO’s Patent Cooperation Treaty, which records more than half of all international applications and lists the residence and nationality of the inventors of more than 4 million patents. Using that data, Fink and his colleague Ernest Miguelez found that in 2010 about 10 percent of inventors worldwide lived outside their country of nationality when making their international patent application. The proportion of international patent applications made from the U.S. by non-nationals was twice as high—around 20 percent. That proportion approximately doubled from 1985 to 2010, and it’s the highest share out of any large economy. It compares with a non-national share of international patent applications of about 2 percent in Japan and closer to 5 percent in Germany and France.

The U.S. is by far the biggest global net beneficiary of innovator migration. Between 2001 and 2010, 14,893 inventors with U.K. nationality applied for international patents while residing in the U.S., for example. And there were three times as many Chinese inventors in the U.S. than British ones. That illustrates the U.S. has done particularly well in attracting innovative talent from the developing world—more than half of the U.S. non-national innovator population comes from countries outside the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development club of rich countries.

Still, recent trends are disturbing. Duke University’s Vivek Wadhwa reports that the proportion of high-tech startups founded by Chinese and Indian immigrants in Silicon Valley dropped from 52 percent in 2005 to 44 percent in 2011, in part because more and more Indian and Chinese graduates of U.S. universities are returning home rather than dealing with the hassle of American immigration procedures. The U.S. is becoming less attractive to the very people who help power the U.S. innovation economy.

America has benefited phenomenally from importing innovative talent from the rest of the world. But if it wants to continue to do so, making immigration less painful is a vital step.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#62 Aug 14, 2013
the only thing that will make China go down is if the USA goes down...

IE stops propping up its economy with its Quantitative Easing

and thats not going to happen anytime soon...
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#63 Aug 16, 2013
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE wrote:
the only thing that will make China go down is if the USA goes down...
IE stops propping up its economy with its Quantitative Easing
and thats not going to happen anytime soon...
Exactly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chinese gay dating app grows to 15 million users 3 hr nayan 12
Chinaskyline pushing 3000ports direct routes,pi... 6 hr chinaskylinerebeca 1
Why do Nepalese hate Indians? (Aug '13) 7 hr Yupp111 163
China angered by U.S. bill allowing Taiwan wars... 8 hr McGold 1
Why does China hate girls? 12 hr epep 1
Chinese eager to adopt quake orphans (Jun '08) 13 hr epep 7
Could you drive at 50mph BACKWARDS? 15 hr McGold 4
More from around the web