Vietnam recalls book with controversial Chinese flag

There are 20 comments on the Thanh Nein News story from Mar 6, 2013, titled Vietnam recalls book with controversial Chinese flag. In it, Thanh Nein News reports that:

A Chinese flag pictured at a school in a book for preschool children translated from Chinese has caused angered many parents, and caused wonder at many children as well A company in Hanoi is recalling copies of a translated Chinese children's book after it sparked controversy by showing a picture of the Chinese flag.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Thanh Nein News.

It is Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#201 Apr 26, 2013
tri dzung wrote:
<quoted text>why it hard for you to accept the true?...i am not racist but i tell you the true...and you can read and double check the history ...when you lost your debate and you band people in diffirent name or you name calling ie..VC... Racist what your try to say it all false....
a nother thing is you have no comprehension in the democratic election b/cos in china never have ...the people have no right to vote only the politbureau appoint their leader that why you do not understand the difirent of consencus and use force invaded and dominent....
Hahahaha

That is why I continue to refer to you an IGNORANT fool who knew nothing of what is happening around the world especially China. And most of all has not discard his RACIST VC sentiment.

Every NPC to the Chinese Parliament is elected through village election. New to you. Hahahaha

I am not even a Chinese national and I knew that. What a shame?

Want to talk about DEMOCRACY? Hahahahaha It will be another waste of time because you couldn't tell the difference or the division of power between the legislator or says the judiciary.

Or why Julia Eileen Gillard from Australia flew to Beijing to pay her homage to the new President of PRC.

Pretty smart move, I would say after the damaging Obama's Asia Pivotal Strategy that moves troops to Darwin that irritated her immediate neighbor Indonesia more than distance China.
tri dzung

Castlecrag, Australia

#202 Apr 26, 2013
It is Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha
That is why I continue to refer to you an IGNORANT fool who knew nothing of what is happening around the world especially China. And most of all has not discard his RACIST VC sentiment.
Every NPC to the Chinese Parliament is elected through village election. New to you. Hahahaha
I am not even a Chinese national and I knew that. What a shame?
Want to talk about DEMOCRACY? Hahahahaha It will be another waste of time because you couldn't tell the difference or the division of power between the legislator or says the judiciary.
Or why Julia Eileen Gillard from Australia flew to Beijing to pay her homage to the new President of PRC.
Pretty smart move, I would say after the damaging Obama's Asia Pivotal Strategy that moves troops to Darwin that irritated her immediate neighbor Indonesia more than distance China.
that part the game my boy...do not too crocky...
you are 100% my boy but you always lie through your teeth one day you said you are malay and another day you said you have mixed blood....
It is Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#203 Apr 26, 2013
tri dzung wrote:
<quoted text>that part the game my boy...do not too crocky...
you are 100% my boy but you always lie through your teeth one day you said you are malay and another day you said you have mixed blood....
It is my turn... my son

You are behaving like a small boy.

Putting words in my mouth may be what you do best but it work not work as I do not subscribe to your fiery brand of RACISM.

You are born a cocky RACIST VC!
It is Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#204 Apr 26, 2013
What is STOLEN ought to be return or recover like ANNAM for instance?

Pinault Family Gives China back the $40 Million Disputed Bronzes
Apr 26, 2013

French billionaire Francois Pinault’s family has donated to the Chinese nation two bronze animal heads that were the subject of a $40 million disputed sale at Christie’s International (CHRS) in 2009.

The 18th-century dynasty bronze rabbit and rat heads had been part of the decoration of a water clock at the Summer Palace in Beijing, which was LOOTED (stolen) by French and British troops in 1860.

The sculptures subsequently passed into the ownership of the fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent and his companion Pierre Berge. Following the death of the couturier, the collection was auctioned by Christie’s in February 2009.

Even after PROTESTS from China’s art advocacy groups, patriots and the foreign ministry, the looted bronzes were included in Christie’s sale, fetching 15.7 million euros each.

The successful bidder was later identified as Cai Mingchao, a Chinese collector, who REFUSED to pay (his argument was they were stolen items). The ownership of the sculptures reverted to Pierre Berge.

“The family went to great efforts to retrieve these two significant treasures of China and strongly believe they belong in their rightful home,” the Pinault family office said in a e- mailed statement today.“The family would like to acknowledge Christie’s role in facilitating this return.”

Francois-Henri Pinault is chief executive officer of luxury and sporting goods group PPR (PP)SA, which is becoming Kering in June. His father Francois also owns Christie’s, which was bought by his holding company, Artemis SA, for $1.2 billion in May 1998.

Neither Christie’s nor the family office would confirm that the Pinaults had purchased the bronzes from Berge prior to the donation.

Francois-Henri has been travelling in China with French President Francois Hollande to STRENGTHEN economic ties between the two countries.
tri dzung

Castlecrag, Australia

#205 Apr 26, 2013
It is Amazing wrote:
What is STOLEN ought to be return or recover like ANNAM for instance?
Pinault Family Gives China back the $40 Million Disputed Bronzes
Apr 26, 2013
French billionaire Francois Pinault’s family has donated to the Chinese nation two bronze animal heads that were the subject of a $40 million disputed sale at Christie’s International (CHRS) in 2009.
The 18th-century dynasty bronze rabbit and rat heads had been part of the decoration of a water clock at the Summer Palace in Beijing, which was LOOTED (stolen) by French and British troops in 1860.
The sculptures subsequently passed into the ownership of the fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent and his companion Pierre Berge. Following the death of the couturier, the collection was auctioned by Christie’s in February 2009.
Even after PROTESTS from China’s art advocacy groups, patriots and the foreign ministry, the looted bronzes were included in Christie’s sale, fetching 15.7 million euros each.
The successful bidder was later identified as Cai Mingchao, a Chinese collector, who REFUSED to pay (his argument was they were stolen items). The ownership of the sculptures reverted to Pierre Berge.
“The family went to great efforts to retrieve these two significant treasures of China and strongly believe they belong in their rightful home,” the Pinault family office said in a e- mailed statement today.“The family would like to acknowledge Christie’s role in facilitating this return.”
Francois-Henri Pinault is chief executive officer of luxury and sporting goods group PPR (PP)SA, which is becoming Kering in June. His father Francois also owns Christie’s, which was bought by his holding company, Artemis SA, for $1.2 billion in May 1998.
Neither Christie’s nor the family office would confirm that the Pinaults had purchased the bronzes from Berge prior to the donation.
Francois-Henri has been travelling in China with French President Francois Hollande to STRENGTHEN economic ties between the two countries.
how many time you bring back the same thing?...as i said china never own vn period... vn independence nation whole world accept that only you false claim your boss brain wash you very well....
tri dzung

Castlecrag, Australia

#206 Apr 26, 2013
It is Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
It is my turn... my son
You are behaving like a small boy.
Putting words in my mouth may be what you do best but it work not work as I do not subscribe to your fiery brand of RACISM.
You are born a cocky RACIST VC!
you are real liar you are hundred per cent chinese...i am not Racist but tell the true you are on denail....
It is Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#207 Apr 26, 2013
tri dzung wrote:
<quoted text>how many time you bring back the same thing?...as i said china never own vn period... vn independence nation whole world accept that only you false claim your boss brain wash you very well....
Enjoy it while it last? It may be not for long if Vietnam make a wrong move.

Hahahaha

What you think will not change history one little bit.

Who do you think you are, vermin?

At first the French were denying it? Why bother to return it then? Hahahaha
It is Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#208 Apr 26, 2013
tri dzung wrote:
<quoted text>you are real liar you are hundred per cent chinese...i am not Racist but tell the true you are on denail....
Unless you are a SHAMAN or an EVIL WITCH DOCTOR back home in ANNAM then, how can you tell whether I am 100% this or that?

Whether you are a RACIST or or, let other decides. Your posts are all over the place and every sentence has a racialist overtones. Hahahaha

That we can confirmed, you are a 100% RACIST VC! Hahahaha
The Great Iron Dictator

Crna Gora, Montenegro

#209 Apr 27, 2013
It is Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you are a SHAMAN or an EVIL WITCH DOCTOR back home in ANNAM then, how can you tell whether I am 100% this or that?
Whether you are a RACIST or or, let other decides. Your posts are all over the place and every sentence has a racialist overtones. Hahahaha
That we can confirmed, you are a 100% RACIST VC! Hahahaha
Malaysa for Malaysians...

Chinese...OUT!!
tri dzung

Gosford, Australia

#210 Apr 27, 2013
It is Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy it while it last? It may be not for long if Vietnam make a wrong move.
Hahahaha
What you think will not change history one little bit.
Who do you think you are, vermin?
At first the French were denying it? Why bother to return it then? Hahahaha
we are the peace loving but we do not afraid to fight you you invade and we will not live you alone we will bring you down with us....we fought your many time ..do not buff we are not afraid to take you on any time....you talk big but i would like to see you as man to man .....
guest

Chicago, IL

#211 Apr 27, 2013
It is Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
Before China invaded Vietnam in 1979, Vietnam boasted that her protector Russia will come to her rescue. And when she did not, what does it means.
Russia chicken out or it was not worth offending China over a small tiny former Chinese state of ANNAM.
Today China and Russia are STRATEGIC MILITARY PARTNERS! DO you know what it means?
Waste of time really but something needs to be clarified.
You are truly a toddler when it comes to international relationship and politics.
What does it mean? That mean Vietnam needed no help to beat China ahahahaha Thats what that means.
cuteo

Australia

#212 May 2, 2013
why china try cheap advertising in other country children books
why china try distorted the true
what china try to acheive
Drgunzet

Boise, ID

#213 May 5, 2013
VNCH/NGUY (aka South Vietnamese) are the evil and criminal people. It's in their gene and culture. Their parents taught them to be evil since a child. And of course, it came form the grand parents and so on.

I know for a fact these followings:

1. VNCH/NGUY people illegally caught undersized fishes, female crabs. They posted their children as young as 7 to 10 year-old along the river bank to watch out of the American park rangers.

2. I was asked to solve a political dead-lock in a VNCH/NGUY losers. These guys wanted me to figure out away to deposed an alleged dictator. But after a few exchanges, I realized the alleged dictator was a nice guy who found a two-thousand dollars culture funding from the city council to help the Vietnamese children. These VNCH/NGUY losers said that the money belonged to them and the city council were dumb. They called anyone who opposed them as dumb and refused to put up their own money to help the children. When I disagreed with them, they started to get mad at me too.

I simply said, "You should not expect money from anyone you called dumb. Why don't you guys pool your money and form your own club." These criminals were some kind of gooks. They will called everyone else dumb, including myself.

3. I taught the VNCH/NGUY losers the German honest ways to contribute to the society: A. Put in your hours and sweat. B. Save up and invest. C. Invent and sell your idea. These VNCH/NGUY losers said the Germans were dumb. They said they know better, "Buy low, sell high". And these VNCH/NGUY race were into gambling big time. If they lost the money, they will blame on something else, and filed bankruptcy. It's never their fault.

4. When I introduced the superior German concept, "Result oriented". These VNCH/NGUY losers again were against the German. They said that their time were valuable and did not need any results. They expected to be paid even if they did not produce any results. When they were picked out to be laid off, they claimed to be discriminated.

5. The VNCH/NGUY guys claimed they have the right to boink women. They said God gave them the Yang thingies to put in the women's wussies. They were just like the Thai pirates who boinked hundred thousand of VNCH/NGUY women on the high sea. I personally stopped the VNCH/NGUY students and engineers from sexual assaults twice before. What a dirty, evil race.

6. This one VNCH/NGUY losers illegally sneaked two kilos of longans from Canada back into USA. When asked if he brought any fruits back, he said "No." But when the guards searched his van, and found the longans, he got mad. He said, they discriminated against him. He said, "I already said no, they were not supposed to search my van. If they did not search my van, they would not find the fruits."

I asked him, "but you lied!" He said, "I did not, two kilos were nothing."

Oh man, you cannot even reason with this race. What an evil race.

I have a loooooooong list of the wrong doings from this sick race.
American Pitbull

London, UK

#214 May 5, 2013
this is a backy mongrel sucking american african dicks ,,
so namy years BUT STILL POOR no MONEY TO SENT BACK FOR HIS BACKY CHINESE DICK SUCKED PARENT IN VN.

yeah they are EVIL,,
they did shoot and killed them backy during the wars,,
because back RAPED backy children under age,,

they did teaching them backy like your daddy not to drinking drainage water,,

you are backy came to America to stealing them big dicks from thieu children,,you should go back to your great grandad gene china man you ..

stupid dick sucked,,

caught Crabs under side better then them back have sex with under age,,which way less evil ha backy ?
hai trieu

Australia

#215 May 6, 2013
Drgunzet wrote:
VNCH/NGUY (aka South Vietnamese) are the evil and criminal people. It's in their gene and culture. Their parents taught them to be evil since a child. And of course, it came form the grand parents and so on.
I know for a fact these followings:
1. VNCH/NGUY people illegally caught undersized fishes, female crabs. They posted their children as young as 7 to 10 year-old along the river bank to watch out of the American park rangers.
2. I was asked to solve a political dead-lock in a VNCH/NGUY losers. These guys wanted me to figure out away to deposed an alleged dictator. But after a few exchanges, I realized the alleged dictator was a nice guy who found a two-thousand dollars culture funding from the city council to help the Vietnamese children. These VNCH/NGUY losers said that the money belonged to them and the city council were dumb. They called anyone who opposed them as dumb and refused to put up their own money to help the children. When I disagreed with them, they started to get mad at me too.
I simply said, "You should not expect money from anyone you called dumb. Why don't you guys pool your money and form your own club." These criminals were some kind of gooks. They will called everyone else dumb, including myself.
3. I taught the VNCH/NGUY losers the German honest ways to contribute to the society: A. Put in your hours and sweat. B. Save up and invest. C. Invent and sell your idea. These VNCH/NGUY losers said the Germans were dumb. They said they know better, "Buy low, sell high". And these VNCH/NGUY race were into gambling big time. If they lost the money, they will blame on something else, and filed bankruptcy. It's never their fault.
4. When I introduced the superior German concept, "Result oriented". These VNCH/NGUY losers again were against the German. They said that their time were valuable and did not need any results. They expected to be paid even if they did not produce any results. When they were picked out to be laid off, they claimed to be discriminated.
5. The VNCH/NGUY guys claimed they have the right to boink women. They said God gave them the Yang thingies to put in the women's wussies. They were just like the Thai pirates who boinked hundred thousand of VNCH/NGUY women on the high sea. I personally stopped the VNCH/NGUY students and engineers from sexual assaults twice before. What a dirty, evil race.
6. This one VNCH/NGUY losers illegally sneaked two kilos of longans from Canada back into USA. When asked if he brought any fruits back, he said "No." But when the guards searched his van, and found the longans, he got mad. He said, they discriminated against him. He said, "I already said no, they were not supposed to search my van. If they did not search my van, they would not find the fruits."
I asked him, "but you lied!" He said, "I did not, two kilos were nothing."
Oh man, you cannot even reason with this race. What an evil race.
I have a loooooooong list of the wrong doings from this sick race.
you vave good education but you do not know what you talking abt you can not your view even to the kids....
Drgunzet

Boise, ID

#216 May 7, 2013
The human specie split 50,000 years ago from Africa. Some went to Europe, became Germans. Some went to Asia, became South Vietnamese.

You seriously think the German and the South Vietnamese are equal? Heck no, the Germans are vastly superior. They are bigger, taller, stronger, smarter, honorable, courage. The South Vietnamese are smaller, shorter, wimpy, dumb, dishonorable, and coward.

The South Vietnamese men never defended their women on the high sea. There were only several Thai Pirates on each Thai fishing boat but they can boinked the South Vietnamese women in front of more than a hundred men.

Some courage North Vietnamese men were rally to defend the women but the South Vietnamese men threatened to kill the North Vietnamese men. The South Vietnamese men were afraid that the Thai pirates would revenge on them if they fought. They preferred to let the women getting boinked.

Beside, they got to watch their mothers in boinking too. Did I get it right?

What a sick race. You put 10 South Vietnamese guys in a group, they will turn evils so fast. I say let's round up the South Vietnamese people and make them to drink German's urine to improve.
hai trieu

Sydney, Australia

#217 May 7, 2013
Drgunzet wrote:
The human specie split 50,000 years ago from Africa. Some went to Europe, became Germans. Some went to Asia, became South Vietnamese.
You seriously think the German and the South Vietnamese are equal? Heck no, the Germans are vastly superior. They are bigger, taller, stronger, smarter, honorable, courage. The South Vietnamese are smaller, shorter, wimpy, dumb, dishonorable, and coward.
The South Vietnamese men never defended their women on the high sea. There were only several Thai Pirates on each Thai fishing boat but they can boinked the South Vietnamese women in front of more than a hundred men.
Some courage North Vietnamese men were rally to defend the women but the South Vietnamese men threatened to kill the North Vietnamese men. The South Vietnamese men were afraid that the Thai pirates would revenge on them if they fought. They preferred to let the women getting boinked.
Beside, they got to watch their mothers in boinking too. Did I get it right?
What a sick race. You put 10 South Vietnamese guys in a group, they will turn evils so fast. I say let's round up the South Vietnamese people and make them to drink German's urine to improve.
if you think you are one of German then no point to talk to vietnamese people we do not need outsider to look down on us btw north and south vn are vietnamese and we are equal...
Drgunzet

Boise, ID

#218 May 7, 2013
hai trieu wrote:
<quoted text>if you think you are one of German then no point to talk to vietnamese people we do not need outsider to look down on us btw north and south vn are vietnamese and we are equal...
Dude, how come in the last 30 years, there was not a single news of VNCH/NGUY people rescued a kidnapped VNCH/NGUY women from the Thai brothels. Thousand and thousand of them got kidnapped by the Thai pirates to be boinked viciously on the high-sea then sold into the Thai brothels for the rest of their lives.

What kind of a pathetic race VNCH/NGUY losers are? You are short, wimpy with puny skulls. You are weak, pathetic, coward and dumb. You never, ever, what-so-ever could did anything.

GO RESCUE ONE OF YOUR KIDNAPPED WOMEN, WILL YOU?

Oh, I forgot to add. VNCH/NGUY people look gooky.
su thuc

Brisbane, Australia

#219 May 8, 2013
that tinh ma noi vi quyen loi nho ma cac nguoi chuc trach va luon ca nguoi dan vietnam da chiu lam no le ...pho tau dac quyen cho cong dan tau nhap hang tau vi loi ich nho ma da bien nguoi viet chiu lam no le tren dat minh that la buc xuc
cac ban hay vao bao nguoi viet ma doc pho tau o vietnam....chang le dat nuoc vietnam da mat roi va ai muon lam gi thi lam that la nhuc oi la nhuc...
hai trieu

Brisbane, Australia

#220 May 8, 2013
Drgunzet wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, how come in the last 30 years, there was not a single news of VNCH/NGUY people rescued a kidnapped VNCH/NGUY women from the Thai brothels. Thousand and thousand of them got kidnapped by the Thai pirates to be boinked viciously on the high-sea then sold into the Thai brothels for the rest of their lives.
What kind of a pathetic race VNCH/NGUY losers are? You are short, wimpy with puny skulls. You are weak, pathetic, coward and dumb. You never, ever, what-so-ever could did anything.
GO RESCUE ONE OF YOUR KIDNAPPED WOMEN, WILL YOU?
Oh, I forgot to add. VNCH/NGUY people look gooky.
you should put this question to currennt vn administrators are they doing enough to protect it citizen?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll do chinese girls want black man husband? (Oct '08) 1 hr Blackie2 2,604
News Germany's Merkel signals Japan could do more to... 2 hr WOMDRUFARANMIDEBD... 357
Singaporeans Chinese penis 4.5 inch (bigger th... (Apr '12) 4 hr Foldus 37
News Why China is so tough for Uber to crack 8 hr ytr 1
News Barra Says GM Can Earn Better Returns on Its Ow... 11 hr John Jeffery 1
God Damned Holy Spirit!!!. 13 hr God worships Israel 1
Poll China + Pakistan vs. India + Russia, who WINS? (May '13) 18 hr the other guy 880
More from around the web