A woman walks past an earthquake memorial in Jianchuan, China

Jul 30, 2008 Full story: Guardian Unlimited

A Chinese teacher has been sent to a labour camp over his internet photographs of schools that collapsed in the Sichuan earthquake, a rights group said today.

Full Story
Toltec

United States

#1 Aug 1, 2008
Shame and disgrace to Chinese gov for imprisoning a harmless, non-violent, exemplary chinese teacher. What did this guy do wrong? Take a few pictures of fallen schools and talk to a few greiveing parents? You call that a crime? Imagine if this happened during Katrina huricane in US. Our government would have been arresting reporters, citizens who complained, and anyone else who dared take some pictures of the disaster.
Chinese gov must be psychologically psychotic and wildly paranoid. Chinese gov should do everything in its power to protect and care for chinese people and in this case should have mounted a campaign to find the corrupt builders and officials who took bribes (blood money). Something is very wrong with the way Chinese gov is acting on this subject. Very bad for chinese people to be so comtemptously treated. How can the people of China respect a gov like this?

Since: Jul 08

Canada

#2 Aug 1, 2008
Again, China punishes the people who only want to make their country better by speaking out.

I stand behind the victims of the evil regime.
andy

Chengdu, China

#3 May 1, 2013
Chinese gov will collapse in the near future!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HKU Survey: 83% respondents against Occupy Central 35 min TehO 18
AMBER; Apostle of the Lamb 39 min Amber Apostle of ... 1
IQ And Race; Chinese Brains Are Bigger (Jan '12) 46 min epep 38
Turkey moves to save 300 Uighurs from China 2 hr TehO 10
China's FC-31 Stealth Fighter Makes Statement a... 2 hr TehO 87
India’s MOM spacecraft arrives at Mars 2 hr TehO 16
A Mournful Farewell to Chinese Copyright Pirates 2 hr fashion 1

China People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE