First Prev
of 24
Next Last
Lion W

Central District, Hong Kong

#533 Jul 8, 2014
Aid to an African Nation can be:

(1) Subsistence Farming - provide good seeds and knowledge.
(2) Modern Farming techniques with tractors etc.

I watched the comparison of an African Chicken Farm where dozens of chickens live together with the family. The comparison was with a modern chicken farm raising many thousands.

The African Government and thier Think Tanks must decide the right path for their own country.....

The Chinese will always seek the more efficient (or profitable) solution.
Lion T

#534 Jul 9, 2014
Lion W wrote:
Aid to an African Nation can be:
(1) Subsistence Farming - provide good seeds and knowledge.
(2) Modern Farming techniques with tractors etc.
I watched the comparison of an African Chicken Farm where dozens of chickens live together with the family. The comparison was with a modern chicken farm raising many thousands.
The African Government and thier Think Tanks must decide the right path for their own country.....
The Chinese will always seek the more efficient (or profitable) solution.
An individual can increase his worth via education. When all individuals in a Nation increase their worth, the result can be spectacular. South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong and China all followed that path.
Lion T

#536 Jul 16, 2014
I am thinking more about the housing situation in China.

Can China ensure every family owns a home? The Home Price appreciation will be tied to GDP Growth. In that case, there will be little resentment when the elite makes money and increases GDP benefiting all. China can always subsidize first time home buyers as if it were compulsory education. Can China quote and implement an "increasing buy back price" based on GDP figures?

An example in Hong Kong - a subsidized home was bought at HK$200K 23 years ago. Now it is worth HK$5 million. If the owner retires a few years from now, the family can consider "reverse mortgage" and have good retirement income...

Making money is Glorious and Beneficial to All.
Waken UP Lions

#537 Jul 16, 2014
Lion W wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VexU17zRPZoXX
Brics Development Bank has been formed with starting capital of 100 billion US$.
With Currency Swap, that amount has the potential larger than any amount in human history???
Please elaborate.
Lion W

#538 Jul 16, 2014
Waken UP Lions wrote:
<quoted text>
Please elaborate.
If a project is between China and Brazil, they could simply use Currency Swap.
But if the project involves equipment or services from other Nations, some additional cash in US Dollars may be needed. This is where the New Development Bank comes in.

The Initial Infrastructure projects are likely to be amongst the BRICS Nations. Currency Swap will play the main role. Thus the meaningful economic activities may far exceed 100 billion US Dollars.
Waken Up Lions

#539 Jul 19, 2014
Lion W wrote:
<quoted text>
If a project is between China and Brazil, they could simply use Currency Swap.
But if the project involves equipment or services from other Nations, some additional cash in US Dollars may be needed. This is where the New Development Bank comes in.
The Initial Infrastructure projects are likely to be amongst the BRICS Nations. Currency Swap will play the main role. Thus the meaningful economic activities may far exceed 100 billion US Dollars.
Thanks for the clarification. If capital is no longer the bottleneck for development, what is the new bottleneck?

With the Internet, knowledge should not be the bottleneck.

Is Attitude the new bottleneck now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 24
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Chinese Mind 27 min Alice 44
Indians are well-known RACIST anywhere!!! 35 min Witness 7
Alibaba symbol of China's new tech giants 1 hr capitalist baron 3
Dongguan, sex capital of China, tightens grip o... 1 hr 2nd battle of Talas 2
uyghur Turks 2 hr 2nd battle of Talas 6
i hate indians "hindus" from india: 2 hr dothead turd monkey 23
Failed student whose Pounds 140bn websites outs... 3 hr Philip Cohen 1
•••

China People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE