Hong Kong Election 2017

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#433 Apr 7, 2014
don't let HK people have the right to vote

don't let usa aircraft carrier come to HK

HK people are not allow to vote

when British rule HK, Governor is appointed and not vote, then HK economy prosper under this kind of policy

the HK chief executive should be appointed by Beijing
Waken Up Lions

Central District, Hong Kong

#434 Apr 7, 2014
bbeenn wrote:
don't let HK people have the right to vote
don't let usa aircraft carrier come to HK
HK people are not allow to vote
when British rule HK, Governor is appointed and not vote, then HK economy prosper under this kind of policy
the HK chief executive should be appointed by Beijing
The above comments by bbeenn sounds ridiculous but it actually has a lot of wisdom.

(1) Almost every politician knows that there will be unwritten benefits to the ones in power. When one is in a position to set the rules (especially to direct the printing of money), one will get rich and receive many unwritten benefits.

(2) In a democratic set up, when different Political Parties are encouraged to compete, there will be the strong temptation to discredit one another. In particular, they will try to discredit the existing Government. They will only have a chance if the existing Government were brought down.

(3) Thailand and Taiwan have now demonstrated the worse of democracy – the opposition can incite “civil disobedience” and paralyze the Government. Such actions will bring down the economy. However, the opposition sees an opportunity for it to take over power.

(4) The many civil wars in Africa are also results of different groups wanting to get into position of power and get the benefits.

(5) The easiest way to slow down the progress of a Nation (or to destroy it) is to cause conflict within that Nation. USSR was destroyed without wars or use of weapons.

(6) Hong Kong is an International City. As such, it is subjected to different political views, cultures and hidden agendas. At present, the simple phenomenon of allowing all Citizens to vote for the Chief Executive in 2017 is causing rift of society. The efficiency of Government is affected. Singapore and Macau are surging past Hong Kong in their GDP growth.

(7) So the comments of bbeenn are not that ridiculous after all.
Waken Up Lions

#436 Apr 11, 2014
Waken Up Lions wrote:
http://www.overunityresearch.c om/index.php?topic=2100.msg375 32#msg37532
First draft of the Book titled - Secrets of the Chinese Dragon.
Any Developing Nation can be developed within a generation if it masters the secrets.
One comment on the Book.

Your main point is to increase the money supply in step with the increase of Meaningful Economic Activities. The increase in money supply will make Citizens wealthy. Meaningful Economic Activities will improve their standards of living.

Creators of money (Governments and Banks) should help the Citizens to increase their individual Meaningful Economic Activities. Forgive their debts if they really tried hard. Treat them as troops in the Global Economic War.
Waken Up Lions

#437 Apr 11, 2014
Waken Up Lions wrote:
http://www.overunityresearch.c om/index.php?topic=2100.msg375 32#msg37532
First draft of the Book titled - Secrets of the Chinese Dragon.
Any Developing Nation can be developed within a generation if it masters the secrets.
Another Comment on the Book

The average person thinks that money should be earned. Some may earn it the hard way via physical labor. Some may earn it via the professions such as Doctors, Lawyers and accountants. Some may earn it via Businesses. Some may be lucky to win it in the lottery etc.

Your book says that money is created from thin-air by Governments and Banks. Anyone with ideas of Meaningful Economic Activity in China can get support and get a portion of the thin-air money.

Is this the real secret of the Chinese Dragon? If so, getting rich is within the grasp of every Nation and every individual. Can it be this simple?
Lion T

#438 Apr 12, 2014
Waken Up Lions wrote:
<quoted text>

Your book says that money is created from thin-air by Governments and Banks. Anyone with ideas of Meaningful Economic Activity in China can get support and get a portion of the thin-air money.
You are destroying the superiority of USA and the West – Capitalism or Money. Nations do not need to borrow. People at IMF and World Bank will hate you.
Waken Up Lions

#439 Apr 13, 2014
Lion T wrote:
<quoted text>
You are destroying the superiority of USA and the West – Capitalism or Money. Nations do not need to borrow. People at IMF and World Bank will hate you.
The superiority of USA and the West was found on much better knowledge. They could formulate the win-lose rules for their benefits. They could entice a Developing Nation to drop the "Sharks Net" and let their Banks to come. They could loan their thin-air money. If the Developing Nation wanted to peg their currency, the Hedge Funds could attack the currency using techniques similar to those used at the Asian Financial Crisis.

Fast development of any Nation depends on Capital, Labor and Productivity. Capital is not a problem once the Nation masters the thin-air technique. Labor should not be a problem with increasing learning via the Internet. Productivity would depend on the Think Tanks and the elites. These elites would guide the Nation along a path unique to the Nation.(Feel the stones to cross the river.)
Lion C

#440 Apr 13, 2014
Can China successfully carry out its urbanization plan?

Can China handle the Ghost Cities?
Waken Up Lions

#441 Apr 15, 2014
How I would handle the Ghost Cities problem in China

1. Tell the Nation that we are in a Global Economic War. Every Citizen is effectively a warrior. Whether an individual does well depends not just on himself but also all others fighting together with him.

2. China has done well in mastering the production technology of many items and has gained the reputation as Factory of the World. However, this is only one battle. Many farmers are still living in a much lower standard of living.

3. One strategy is to move the farmers into cities or urbanization. The opportunities are much better. Some local Governments have jumped ahead and have built Ghost Cities.

4. Now is the time for the Central Government and the Country to pull together and solve this problem. We must not punish our troop too harshly when they made a wrong move.

5. The actual solution and implementation may vary from City to City but it must be guided by the principle that we are doing the best for our Citizens as a whole.

6. For some Ghost Cities, we shall do the following:

• Encourage the investors or their friends to move in. This can be achieved via a “vacate apartment” tax.
• The local Government can also pay an appropriate rent (most probably lower than investor expectations) for the use of such property.
• The Local Government can then entice people to move in with very attractive packages. For example, they can invite those who can create jobs (Ghost Busters) with low rent and low taxes. If appropriate, joint ventures can be set up with Local Government (with the approval of Beijing) to encourage such businesses.
• When job prospects are available, entice farmers to move in the Ghost Cities with low rents that can be turned into home down payments. The farmers can enjoy free education, medical benefits, retirement benefits etc. These farmers are encouraged to take on the role of Ghost Busters to create more jobs and wealth for themselves.
• When appropriate, turn some such Cities to Tourist attractions. Let people see the success. More people would then like to move into such Cities.
• Some sections of such Cities can be International Zones – encourage International Residents.

Remember that Modern Wealth is the quality and quantity of Meaningful Economy Activities. Turning Ghost Cities into lively Cities is definitely a very Meaningful Economic Activity. The above is just one example. Other innovative ideas such as turning some Ghost Cities as academic centers; special Government Departments; think tank and innovation centers etc. are possible. Some industries can be moved from the Tier One Cities to these Ghost Cities.

When there is a potential problem, the Government, the Think Tanks and the many individuals should help to find a solution. China must not be defeated in this Global Economic War.
Lion T

#442 Apr 16, 2014
Solving problems

I recently had a problem with my instant gas heater - no hot water.

I first contacted the gas company that supplied the heater. Their technician came and said the problem was with the water system. I did not understand the relationship and doubted his opinion. A friend recommended a plumber. The plumber came. He replaced some parts and I got hot water again.

I learned the lesson – do not always trust my own instincts. I cannot possibly know all things. Sometimes, we have to rely on the professionals.

We may have to do the same in Global Economics. We may have to give the professionals the time and resources to fix a problem – such as the Ghost Cities problem in China. Do not turn it into a political issue or panic.
Waken Up Lions

#444 Apr 17, 2014
If the Chinese Government allows Hong Kong Citizens to participate in such biddding, I do not mind joining. It can be a nice vacation home.

It will definitely be much quieter than Hong Kong.
Waken Up Lions

#445 Apr 19, 2014
One comment on the Book:

Your Book is of interest to some Chinese Communist Party Leaders and Think Tanks. I think that you should add more praises when appropriate.
compliments work better than criticism.
Lion W

#446 Apr 19, 2014
Problem Solving

I recently experienced the following:

(1) In catching a big fish, my hand fishing line got all tangled up.
(2) Some observers commented that I should just throw the tangled line away.
(3) I started to do some untangling. Things appeared worse. More observers commented that it was a waste of time. Forget the badly tangled line. Buy new ones later.
(4) That was my prized fishing line. I had much success with it. I was not willing to abandon it.
(5) I took the tangled line home. My daughter saw it and offered to buy me new ones.
(6) I used the stupid way - found the free end used that as the starting point. I kept pulling to avoid the knots repeatedly. Its length got longer by inches with each process.
(7) My daughter laughed. She said that it would take forever. She repeated her offer.
(8) After 5 hours, I finally got my fishing line totally untangled.

The lesson:
(1) Mistakes (unintentional or forced) are unavoidable in the Economic War.
(2) Observers may advice on abandoning some "troops".(Such as sacking the responsible Officials.)
(3) Saving such troops may give a boost of morale in the long run.( I felt very good after the 5 hour effort.)
(4) Doing both is possible.(Buy new line and untangle the old one.)
Lion C

#447 Apr 20, 2014
A developed country or "more developed country" (MDC), is a sovereign state that has a highly developed economy and advanced technological infrastructure relative to other less developed nations. Most commonly the criteria for evaluating the degree of economic development is gross domestic product (GDP), the per capita income, level of industrialization, amount of widespread infrastructure and general standard of living. Which criteria are to be used and which countries can be classified as being developed are subjects of debate

The rate of infrastructure development can be dictated by the Government. China is pouring resources into infrastructures. It is not affected much by weather, consumer demand or market conditions. It is a Meaningful Economic Activity. The World can see infrastructures - roads, bridges, railways, airports, container ports etc.

China can be Developed according to its own timetable and definitation.
Lion W

#449 Apr 20, 2014
Should China be contend with its position as "Factory of the World"? Accept the pollution, degrading of the environment, blue collar work etc as necessary evils. The rest of the World do not have to repeat the same suffering.

Chinese Citizens will enjoy high standards of living and respect around the World. Is this a good Global View?
Lion C

#450 Apr 20, 2014
Lion W wrote:
Should China be contend with its position as "Factory of the World"? Accept the pollution, degrading of the environment, blue collar work etc as necessary evils. The rest of the World do not have to repeat the same suffering.
Chinese Citizens will enjoy high standards of living and respect around the World. Is this a good Global View?
How many jobs in the information or the innovation industries can China create?

How many farmers can be retrained to do such jobs?
Waken Up Lions

#451 Apr 21, 2014
Lion C wrote:
<quoted text>
How many jobs in the information or the innovation industries can China create?
How many farmers can be retrained to do such jobs?
I think the better question is - how many farmers do China really need to produce food for its Citizens?

The rest are effectively wasting their time. Can they contribute in some other way?
Lion N

#452 Apr 21, 2014
I am alarmed at your concept of thin-air money. Irresponsible Governments might just print money causing inflation and other bad results.
Waken Up Lions

#453 Apr 22, 2014
Lion N wrote:
I am alarmed at your concept of thin-air money. Irresponsible Governments might just print money causing inflation and other bad results.
The "thin-air money" concept is not from me. If you type in the key words "thin-air money" when you are in youtube, you will find dozens of videos describing that concept.
Waken Up Lions

#455 Apr 30, 2014
Joined one of the "shopping" tours - visited 5 sites and had two excellent meals for around USD10. At one time such tours developed very bad reputation as tour guides put pressure on the tourists to buy.

Such tours were outlawed. But are they meaningful economic activities if properly controlled?
Waken Up Lions

#456 May 3, 2014
Solving the Ghost Cities problem as an opportunity?

Who can shine?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News China pollution scandal: air, water in school n... 12 hr toxic China 1
News Today in History - Thursday, April 21 23 hr truth 5
News How China's Debt Fix Could Make Things Much Worse Tue tricky gang no idear 1
News Michael Jackson theme park based on his Neverla... Apr 24 RIP Prince 1
China Is First Country Ever To Host Two Olympic... (Aug '15) Apr 24 China world 6
News China's Xi moves to take more direct command ov... Apr 22 MAO 2point0 1
News Chinese electric car maker enters US market by ... Apr 21 The diplomat 1
More from around the web