Are Finnish The Lost Mongolian Tribe ...

Are Finnish The Lost Mongolian Tribe Of Europe

Posted in the China Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
RASPUTIN

New York, NY

#1 Dec 8, 2010
They score exceptionally high in their IQ/Aptitude tests. They came in 2nd or 3rd place in 'Asian Only' divisions. Here's the secret to their smarts;

Are the Finns the Mongolians of Europe?

Thursday, 13 November 2008 16:08

By Edward Dutton

Most people are surprised when they discover that until as recently as the 1960s it was widely accepted that the Finns originally came from Mongolia. But the Mongolian ‘Origins of the Finns’ is a controversial topic in Finland. The Western-looking academic elite have done all that they can to suppress it and academics that still contend that Finns have ‘Mongoloid origins’ are cast into the wilderness in a ferocious dispute.
Are the Finns the Mongolians of Europe? Until very recently, Finns were encouraged to see themselves either as ‘eastern’ or at least ‘between east and west.’ It was in the 1790, when Sweden ruled Finland, that German anthropologist J. F. Blumenbach compared Finnish, Sami (the Arctic reindeer herders) and Mongolian skulls and concluded that the Finns were ‘mongoloid’ and not ‘white’ like the Swedes or Finland’s Swedish-speaking aristocracy. This was widely accepted and led to the Turanian theory – that both the Finns and Sami had originally come from the East – as well as strengthening the view, according to Finland-Swede sociologist Nina af Enehjelm, that Finns were somehow ‘other’ and even ‘inferior.’ The ‘Mongoloid look’ is widely noted in Finland today and, there has been research that has compared Finnish religion and history to that of the Greenlandic and Finnish behaviour patterns to those of the Japanese.
Finland-Swede linguist M. A. Castren added to this in 1840s when he investigated the Finnish language and tried to understand which languages were related to the seemingly isolated tongue. He found that Sami, Estonian and Hungarian were from the same family but so were a series of languages across Siberia such as Komi and Mari. And even languages like Mongolian and Greenlandic seemed to have a similar grammatical structure. This led to the ‘Migration Theory,’ arguing the Finns arrived in Europe from Mongolia around three thousand years ago and finally got to Finland 2000 years ago. The more recent discovery of genetics has added further evidence to the ‘Mongol’ claim. Geneticist Richard Kittles found in 1998 that Finns have ‘Dual Origins’ between Germanic and Mongoloid as measured by their ‘Y Chromosome Haplotype Variation.’ Other geneticists estimated that Finns have between 10 percent and a quarter mongoloid genes, more than any other European nation. Twenty-seven percent of Finns carry the eastern ‘Tat C’ marker compared to only seven percent in Norway...
Hmmm!
RASPUTIN

New York, NY

#2 Dec 8, 2010
Look at Finland's test scores; remarkably like the Chinese and other Asians. Those nations scoring the highest have a large Chinese presence in those countries like New Zealand, Canada, OZ.

Finns, like the Chinese, don't go all out for sports but rather go home and study while in high school and jr high. You can see the results.

By the numbers

Source: OECD, PISA 2009 Database

Shanghai-China 556 600 575
Korea-South 539 546 538
Finland 536 541 554
Hong Kong-China 533 555 549
Singapore 526 562 542
Canada 524 527 529
New Zealand 521 519 532
Japan 520 529 539
Australia 515 514 527
Netherlands 508 526 522
Belgium 506 515 507
Norway 503 498 500
Estonia 501 512 528
Switzerland 501 534 517
Poland 500 495 508
Iceland 500 507 496
United States 500 487 502
Liechtenstein 499 536 520
Sweden 497 494 495
Germany 497 513 520
Ireland 496 487 508
France 496 497 498
Chinese Taipei 495 543 520
Denmark 495 503 499
United Kingdom 494 492 514
Hungary 494 490
snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#3 Dec 9, 2010
the Chinese outscored second place by quite a bit. This is scary, brains are the biggest WMDs of all.
Giswatching

Chongqing, China

#4 Dec 9, 2010
snowflake wrote:
the Chinese outscored second place by quite a bit. This is scary, brains are the biggest WMDs of all.
WMDs, I see, why those anti-Chinese advocater's so keen on frame Chinese people.

Will there be an excuse to invade us???
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Maple Ridge, Canada

#5 Dec 9, 2010
I have read this before... and I was thinking of posting it....when you brought up the subject about the fins

but then I thought people would discount it and state the intermingling of the Fins over 2000 years...
the examiner

Montréal, Canada

#6 Dec 9, 2010
Finnish language and Korean language are of the same roots but different branches
FOR REALZ

New York, NY

#7 Dec 9, 2010
snowflake wrote:
Wow, youre right Snowie! That's a spread of over 1108 points from number two to number one. No one's even on their level. The Chinese must be aliens who came to Earth thousands of years ago.
Hmm GOOD POINT

New York, NY

#8 Dec 9, 2010
Hmmm –“Finnish educators believe they get better overall results by concentrating on weaker students”… but
"Finland separates students for the last three years of high school based on grades; 53% go to high school and the rest enter vocational school.”(and, as I understand, a much smaller share are "good enough" to be eligible for college…)

Is this selection bias accounted for in comparing high school standardized test scores across countries?

The Finnish system has a lot of merit but does the US really want to model a system that limits opportunities for higher education? There are lot's of talented students who don't get things together until high school or beyond - why should they face barriers to higher education?"

The above was a post I gleaned from the comments section regarding why Finns do so well academically. I was shocked to learn that only 53% go on to high school and higher while 47% drop out or go to trade school.

I'll bet a study on the students would reveal that the majority of "Blue Butts" (Mongolian Spot) go on to higher education wheras the white butts do not.
Amanda

Chicago, IL

#11 Apr 18, 2011
This should be discussed at a more scientific level. Test scores, drop-out rates, and overall IQ are dependent on a multitude of factors outside of genetics.

I am 1/4 Finnish, and feel that what this should really boil down to is genetic similarities. I personally am not bothered by being considered "Mongolian".

I would like to further research my heritage, and not have it belittled and dissected in such an unscientific manner.

If I may, I would like to add that the Finnish are more likely to carry the ADH-22 gene, a gene which is uncommon is many Western cultures, but has a high frequency in both Native American and Asian cultures.
Otto

Finland

#12 Apr 29, 2011
the examiner wrote:
Finnish language and Korean language are of the same roots but different branches
Uhm,no
Otto

Finland

#14 Apr 29, 2011
Hmm GOOD POINT wrote:
Hmmm –“Finnish educators believe they get better overall results by concentrating on weaker students”… but
"Finland separates students for the last three years of high school based on grades; 53% go to high school and the rest enter vocational school.”(and, as I understand, a much smaller share are "good enough" to be eligible for college…)
Is this selection bias accounted for in comparing high school standardized test scores across countries?
The Finnish system has a lot of merit but does the US really want to model a system that limits opportunities for higher education? There are lot's of talented students who don't get things together until high school or beyond - why should they face barriers to higher education?"
The above was a post I gleaned from the comments section regarding why Finns do so well academically. I was shocked to learn that only 53% go on to high school and higher while 47% drop out or go to trade school.
I'll bet a study on the students would reveal that the majority of "Blue Butts" (Mongolian Spot) go on to higher education wheras the white butts do not.
Actually, in Finland the comprehensive school is all about basic knowledge, preparing the pupils, so they all have equal chances in future studies. Comprehensive school is divided to a lower comprehensive school (6 years, from the age of 7 to the age of 12) and a upper comprehensive school (3 years, from the age of 13 to the age of 16). After the upper comprehensive school all pupils can choose between a vocational school or a high school. If you went to a trade school you still have equal chances to go to college. That's if you're willing to study... So, it really comes down to the pupils what they want to do with their lives.
Ps. I'm sorry if there's any misspellings in my text, I'm only a fifteen-year
-old...
yasoo

Bandhagen, Sweden

#15 Aug 21, 2011
finnish people they are realy stupid people
Vikingphobia

Hinton, Canada

#16 Aug 21, 2011
There are many dormant killers there and Breivik of Oslo is just one of them.

They are more cruel than any Mongoloid tribes.

Racial hate and neo-Nazism is on the rise.
Vikingphobia

Hinton, Canada

#17 Aug 21, 2011
People there also have very low level of morality.
Truthsayer777

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#18 Aug 21, 2011
Tall

Glasgow, UK

#19 Aug 21, 2011
Well they don't in general look very Mogolian.
Andrez Lopez

El Paso, TX

#20 Aug 21, 2011
So, what if the Finns came from Mongolia?
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#21 Aug 21, 2011
I don't see any Asian in the Finnish, they are like us. They are not from Mongolia nor China.
Fatboy

Estonia

#22 Aug 21, 2011
Vikingphobia wrote:
There are many dormant killers there and Breivik of Oslo is just one of them.
They are more cruel than any Mongoloid tribes.
Racial hate and neo-Nazism is on the rise.
What have your username and Norwegians to do with Finns?
yasoo

Bandhagen, Sweden

#24 Aug 30, 2011
finnish people your never gonna be like swedish
your just stupid alcoholic
i hope you all die unknown virus

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Film screening highlights Taiwanese struggle fo... 5 hr TW_sugar_daddio 3
Poll Why Are Chinamen So Stupid? (Jun '10) Jun 26 China Sucks 238
Chinese people's eyes Jun 26 Zeta Reticuli 6
how would you destroy china? :d (Jul '12) Jun 26 Baba Vanga 1,704
News Chinese Film Week aims to boost cultural links,... Jun 25 Janusz Bugajski 1
White Male Privilege Jun 24 Kenneth 2
I want to say I hate the Korean,very very much! (Jan '13) Jun 22 A Fellow Korean S... 39
More from around the web