Obama meets with the Dalai Lama over ...

Obama meets with the Dalai Lama over China's objections

There are 12 comments on the CBS News story from Feb 21, 2014, titled Obama meets with the Dalai Lama over China's objections. In it, CBS News reports that:

The Dalai Lama speaks at the American Enterprise Institute during a panel discussion on "Happiness, Free Enterprise, and Human Flourishing" in Washington, D.C., February 20, 2014.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

idiots united

Seattle, WA

#1 Feb 21, 2014
Why is it that the chinks are always the forerunner in expressing outrage, when will the western free world punish the chinks for being so greedy crabby tyrannic chinky?
litesong

Everett, WA

#2 Feb 21, 2014
chinese communists(always small letters) need to object to & delineate their sins. Since they won't, I will:
chinese communists(always small letters, even at the beginning of sentences) murdered, tortured, & starved to death 100 million of their own BROTHERS, SISTERS, CHILDREN & BABIES, the greatest concentrated genocide ever perpetrated on & under the Earth. To crush any chinese territory that didn't love Mao, chinese communists(always small letters, even at the beginning of sentences) traded food from those regions to other countries & left the territories to starve to death. To trade with chinese communists is twice as reprehensible as trading with Hitler & Stalin combined.

Since: Feb 14

Tejgaon, Bangladesh

#4 Feb 22, 2014
litesong wrote:
chinese communists(always small letters) need to object to & delineate their sins. Since they won't, I will:
chinese communists(always small letters, even at the beginning of sentences) murdered, tortured, & starved to death 100 million of their own BROTHERS, SISTERS, CHILDREN & BABIES, the greatest concentrated genocide ever perpetrated on & under the Earth. To crush any chinese territory that didn't love Mao, chinese communists(always small letters, even at the beginning of sentences) traded food from those regions to other countries & left the territories to starve to death. To trade with chinese communists is twice as reprehensible as trading with Hitler & Stalin combined.
So much hate... Geez, that was like 50 years ago... I am sure the Chinese and Other countries has changed. there has been plenty of Genocides, even in this Century there might be couple of New ones. You cannot blame the chinese, you can blame their crappy leader.
FREE CHINA FREE TIBET

Surrey, Canada

#5 Feb 24, 2014
Elixz wrote:
<quoted text>
So much hate... Geez, that was like 50 years ago... I am sure the Chinese and Other countries has changed. there has been plenty of Genocides, even in this Century there might be couple of New ones. You cannot blame the chinese, you can blame their crappy leader.
So according to you, mass-murders from decades past are to be blithely ignored, and only Hitler is to blame, personally, for the holocaust, and all his willing executioners and twisted opportunists are blameless?

Geez, you are remarkably shallow and foolish!

Tejgaon, Bangladesh

#6 Feb 25, 2014
FREE CHINA FREE TIBET wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to you, mass-murders from decades past are to be blithely ignored, and only Hitler is to blame, personally, for the holocaust, and all his willing executioners and twisted opportunists are blameless?
Geez, you are remarkably shallow and foolish!
Don't twist my Words, I said their leaders, and who gives anyone the right too blame People who doesn't even have anything to do With the genocides? It's like blaming all the germans because hitler and his undermen was reponsible for killing so many jews in the 2nd world war.
FREE CHINA FREE TIBET

Surrey, Canada

#7 Feb 25, 2014
Elixz wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't twist my Words, I said their leaders, and who gives anyone the right too blame People who doesn't even have anything to do With the genocides? It's like blaming all the germans because hitler and his undermen was reponsible for killing so many jews in the 2nd world war.
Nobody is blaming all Chinese, unless you are trying to "twist MY words", you dishonest fool.

Literally THOUSANDS of MASS-MURDERERS walk free in CCP China, and you are PERFECTLY FINE WITH THAT by you own statements.

Nobody is "twisting your words", just pointing out your venial idiocy.

Tejgaon, Bangladesh

#8 Feb 28, 2014
<quoted text>
Nobody is blaming all Chinese, unless you are trying to "twist MY words", you dishonest fool.
Literally THOUSANDS of MASS-MURDERERS walk free in CCP China, and you are PERFECTLY FINE WITH THAT by you own statements.
Nobody is "twisting your words", just pointing out your venial idiocy.
I am sure the Chinese had their share of bloodshed like any other country(maybe more), I do not think the Chinese kill too many People in this Century, yes they might have some kinds of exeutions like the USA has, and some are even innocent, but that's just how it starts, yes eventually. I just said it's in the freakin' past, no need to think to much about the Things which happened several decades ago.
FREE CHINA FREE TIBET

Surrey, Canada

#9 Feb 28, 2014
Elixz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure the Chinese had their share of bloodshed like any other country(maybe more), I do not think the Chinese kill too many People in this Century, yes they might have some kinds of exeutions like the USA has, and some are even innocent, but that's just how it starts, yes eventually. I just said it's in the freakin' past, no need to think to much about the Things which happened several decades ago.
So you make apologies for Adolf Hitler's Nazi dictatorship and the 10 million people they killed in the death camps too?

WOW! That's REALLY LOW!

Perhaps you are just totally ignorant of Chinese history. Most historians estimate that at least 70 MILLION Chinese were killed by the CCP regime through political terror and idiocy, and that was all within the last 65 years! NOT LONG AGO AT ALL!

Here, learn something about the CCP mass-murders and you won't appear so ignorant:

Land reform and the suppression of counterrevolutionaries
The first large-scale killings under Mao took place during land reform and the counterrevolutionary campaign. In official study materials published in 1948, Mao envisaged that "one-tenth of the peasants" (or about 50,000,000) "would have to be destroyed" to facilitate agrarian reform.[111] Actual numbers killed in land reform are believed to have been lower, but at least one million.[110][112]
The suppression of counterrevolutionaries targeted mainly former Kuomintang officials and intellectuals suspected of disloyalty.[113] At least 712,000 people were executed, 1,290,000 were imprisoned in labor camps and 1,200,000 were "subject to control at various times."[114]
The Great Leap Forward
Benjamin Valentino says that the Great Leap Forward was a cause of the Great Chinese Famine and that the worst effects of the famine were steered towards the regime's enemies.[115] Those labeled as "black elements" (religious leaders, rightists, rich peasants, etc.) in any earlier campaign died in the greatest numbers, as they were given the lowest priority in the allocation of food.[115] In Mao's Great Famine, historian Frank Dikötter writes that "coercion, terror, and systematic violence were the very foundation of the Great Leap Forward" and it "motivated one of the most deadly mass killings of human history."[116] His research in local and provincial Chinese archives indicates the death toll was at least 45 million, and that "In most cases the party knew very well that it was starving its own people to death."[117] In a secret meeting at Shanghai in 1959, Mao issued the order to procure one third of all grain from the countryside. He said:“When there is not enough to eat people starve to death. It is better to let half of the people die so that the other half can eat their fill.”[117] Dikötter estimates that at least 2.5 million people were summarily killed or tortured to death during this period.[118]

The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution
Sinologists Roderick MacFarquhar and Michael Schoenhals estimate that between 750,000 and 1.5 million people were killed in the violence of the Cultural Revolution, in rural China alone.[119] Mao's Red Guards were given carte blanche to abuse and kill the revolution's enemies.[120] For example, in August 1966, over 100 teachers were murdered by their students in western Beijing alone.[121]

From wiki.

Not to mention the thousands killed every year in CCP China's concentration camps to this day, or the thousands murdered in 1989 on Tiannanmen square!

See? You are being a fool.

You're welcome.

Tejgaon, Bangladesh

#10 Mar 1, 2014
FREE CHINA FREE TIBET, like I first said so much hate... Yes the chinese politicians did some terrible, but as you said that is 65 years ago! And those politician are probably all dead. Yes some remain, some still remember what happened in their childhood and the terrible things Mao and his Gang of evil lords went through to make the People in China suffer. I get the point you have issues With that, but it has nothing too do With you whatsoever, if you weren't part of it or were those who suffered that kind of life. But who is to blame? Can you punish the dead?

I get the idea, those kind of nazi style concentration camps is something messed up, just as much as the torture camps in 3rd world countries like Pakistan, Somalia, USA and Russia(well, how do you think they interigate terroists?) and so on. In the end it's just to forget about he sad Things move on, and try to change China how it is for the better.
FREE CHINA FREE TIBET

Surrey, Canada

#11 Mar 3, 2014
1989 was 65 years ago? Try math.

So your approach is to let the mass-murdering regime stay in power because maybe some of its actual mass-murderers are dead now?

So "Elixz", you would be fine with the Nazi Party still in power in Germany, so long as all the actual mass murderers are "probably dead"?

Good luck in your efforts to hide and excuse crimes against humanity, you will need it!

Tejgaon, Bangladesh

#12 Mar 5, 2014
So your approach is to let the mass-murdering regime stay in power because maybe some of its actual mass-murderers are dead now?
So "Elixz", you would be fine with the Nazi Party still in power in Germany, so long as all the actual mass murderers are "probably dead"?
Good luck in your efforts to hide and excuse crimes against humanity, you will need it!
I do not support their kind of view, I was from a democratic country, Norway that is, and I am the type that hate country which oppress their country, but if the majority of people do not agree and is, OK, then who gives anyone the right to meggale their style of life? The west tried too mess around in Syria and other countries, well you can see what is going on With their country now right?

Just give it time, and evetunally you'll see it'll be better. And if you really think it's messed up out there, leave the country and forget it, simple, but if you wanna feel the same as Your fellow country men then just stay there. Or try to do something more then protesting, more then bombing someone car, yes something more then something useless and furtile.

Maybe one amazing day the chinese government will just hire bunch of technocracts who cares about china to fix corrupt and other stuff which isn't really needed
AAA

UK

#13 Mar 5, 2014
I am always bemused by the fact that people who are unrelated to to 1989 crackdown are more agitated that the people who are directly affected by it. In London, I have spoken to Chinese who ran away post 1989 event , got educated and works here, but have chosen to move on and seek to contribute to the future prosperity of China in the way in which we would like them to contribute, in particular the relation between China and Britain. They talk sensibly and objectively on how to improve China, non of those irresponsible, senseless remarks like yours.

China has moved on since 1989, and you should too. But if are not even Chinese, but some stupid westerners or flips or Japs, then you will lose all credibility trying to instigate hatred and violence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Why Are Chinamen So Stupid? (Jun '10) Jun 26 China Sucks 238
Chinese people's eyes Jun 26 Zeta Reticuli 6
how would you destroy china? :d (Jul '12) Jun 26 Baba Vanga 1,704
News Chinese Film Week aims to boost cultural links,... Jun 25 Janusz Bugajski 1
White Male Privilege Jun 24 Kenneth 2
I want to say I hate the Korean,very very much! (Jan '13) Jun 22 A Fellow Korean S... 39
Filipinos Are Poor Because They Are Lazy and Dumb! (Jan '13) Jun 22 InTheKnow 110
More from around the web