Canadian POW cannot forgive Japanese atrocities

Posted in the China Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kelvin H

Canada

#1 Oct 1, 2012
Japanese government and many Japanese people totally denied any wrongdoings.

In an interview conducted by Ottawa Citizen, John Franken a former POW cannot forget and cannot forgive what the Japanese had done to the POWs and civilians in Japanese occupied areas - massacres, torture, and rape.

The following is excerpted from the report:

"...his memories of wartime “comfort stations” where he was put to work as a teenager, cleaning up the messes left by institutional rape. Women in conquered countries were rounded up and forced into service in comfort stations, a plan to keep Japanese soldiers relaxed. Franken says they were rape stations, and he has never been able to stop the memories of the screams.
Japanese scholars put the number of such women at 20,000, but Chinese scholars claim it was close to 410,000. Whatever the number, the academics seem to agree that three-quarters of them died, and most of those who survived were infertile due to sexual trauma."

*** Source: Brown: Japanese POW cannot forget, cannot forgive
By Dave Brown, The Ottawa Citizen August 12, 2012

Note: But any apology by the Japanese government is at best insincere. Politicians are playing games with the victims. Many Japanese politicians and officials say different things in different circumstances. Today they apology, they can deny everything - about ever invading any country, or any atrocity, or even that their country was finally defeated. They deny the tragedy of comfort women, and even deny the existence of any treaty signed for their surrender to the allied powers.

They already rewrote their high school textbooks many times to educate the young people that they never did anything wrong. They pretend to be victims - of atomic bombing and want an apology from the US government. That is how absurd and convoluted it is.

*** Go visit Amnesty International website about comfort women.

Every year the surviving Filipino comfort women protest for apology and compensation. But the Japan government reject them again and again.
BATAAN DEATH MARCH

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Oct 1, 2012
Remember Pearl Harbor!
Simon

Edmonton, Canada

#3 Oct 2, 2012
Informative and credible from our veteran.
Comfort Women

Indonesia

#4 Oct 2, 2012
BATAAN DEATH MARCH wrote:
Remember Pearl Harbor!
japanese also rape women in pearl harbor ???
it is quite surprisingly
SpongeBob

Toronto, Canada

#5 Oct 2, 2012
Comfort Women wrote:
<quoted text>japanese also rape women in pearl harbor ???
it is quite surprisingly
Learn more about 2WW, idiots! You shouldn't come up with that question in the first place if you leared well history.
BANZAAIII

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Oct 3, 2012
BATAAN DEATH MARCH wrote:
Remember Pearl Harbor!
Quoted For Truth!
Ulmi Incident

Jakarta, Indonesia

#7 Oct 3, 2012
what can we say, japanese has animal-sex behavior
Simon

Edmonton, Canada

#8 Oct 3, 2012
I believe the Canadians belonged to the Royal Canadian Regiment defending Hong Kong against the Japanese.

The rape victims should be Asians.

I read about it.
RayH

Shenzhen, China

#9 Oct 3, 2012
Where's that Leonard 68? I thought he loves Japs?
Simon

Edmonton, Canada

#10 Oct 3, 2012
RayH wrote:
Where's that Leonard 68? I thought he loves Japs?
Teaching in university now?
FA SHIZ

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Oct 3, 2012
Simon wrote:
<quoted text>Teaching in university now?
Univ of Phoenix.

tee hee
Vivek Golikeri

Hollywood, FL

#12 Feb 14, 2013
I would never justify the way the Japanese Empire behaved in that war. They were diabolical. But what about all the crimes that white people committed during that generation's lifetime? In the Tuskegee Project, when the US government injected blacks with syphilis and did experiments on them similar to medical experiments that Nazi doctors like Josef Mengele did on Jewish prisoners in the death camps.

America, Canada and Australia forcibly tore aboriginal children from their families and put them into residential schools to destroy their culture. Some were even sexually abused in those schools. Then, 4700 black American men were murdered by lynch mobs, and membership in the Ku Klux Klan soared into the millions.

Irish people don't weep about Hitler bombing the British. Jewish people don't get upset about Stalin attacking Nazi Germany. Likewise, don't expect non-whites to empathize with your anger about Pearl Harbor.
LOVE CHINA DESTROY CCP

Surrey, Canada

#13 Feb 14, 2013
Atrocities Against American Pows In Korean War - Page 1
U.S. SENATE REPORT NO. 848 ON ATROCITIES

American military troops were starved, beaten, and tortured by their Korean and Chinese captors. Every rule set forth in the Geneva Convention was broken when thousands of Americans died at the hands of barbaric Communists in the Korean War. Thus is the conclusion of Senate Report No. 848 on atrocities committed against American troops in Korea in 1950-51. This page of the Korean War Educator reveals the contents of Report No. 848, which was published by the United States Government Printing Office in Washington in 1954.

Text of Senate Report No. 848
83d Congress
2nd Session

KOREAN WAR ATROCITIES
REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS
MADE THROUGH ITS PERMANENT SUBCOMMITTEE ON INVESTIGATIONS BY ITS SUBCOMMITTEE ON KOREAN WAR ATROCITIES

INTRODUCTION
On June 25, 1950, the North Korean Peoples' Army, without warning, attacked the Free Republic of South Korea. During the ensuing 3 years of warfare, the Communist enemy committed a series of war crimes against American and United Nations personnel which constituted one of the most heinous and barbaric epochs of recorded history. When the American people became aware war atrocities had been committed against American troops, thousands of letters were sent to Members of Congress by parents, wives, and relatives of servicemen, requesting an immediate investigation.

LOVE CHINA DESTROY CCP

Surrey, Canada

#14 Feb 14, 2013
The War Crimes Division in Korea has already opened more than 1,800 cases of crimes committed by the enemy involving many thousands of victims, including American, South Korean, British, Turkish, and Belgian troops, as well as many civilians. The subcommittee limited its inquiry to atrocities committed against American personnel. When it became apparent numerous cases involving American servicemen were under current investigation, exclusive of hundreds of cases completely documented by evidence, the subcommittee decided to further limit its investigation to illustrative types of war atrocities.

A total of 29 witnesses appeared before the subcommittee in public hearings on December 2, 3, and 4, 1953. Of this number, 23 were American servicemen who were either survivors or eyewitnesses of Communist war crimes. The remaining witnesses were former Army field commanders in Korea and officials of the War Crimes Division. Corroborative evidence consisting of affidavits, statements, photographs, and other official records from the files of the United States Army, Judge Advocate General's Division, and from the official records of the War Crimes Division in Korea, was also received.

LOVE CHINA DESTROY CCP

Surrey, Canada

#15 Feb 14, 2013
First reports of war crimes committed by the North Korean armies in Korea against captured United Nations military personnel began to filter into General Headquarters, United Nations Command, early in July of 1950. When the facts were disclosed, Gen. Douglas MacArthur, Commander in Chief, United Nations Command, set up the machinery for the investigation of war crimes committed by Communist aggressors.

Initial responsibility was assigned to the Army Staff Judge Advocate of the Far East Command. On July 27, 1950, field commanders were advised as to the procedures to be followed. In early October 1950, the immediate responsibility for war-crimes investigations was transferred to the Commanding General, Eighth Army; on September 1, 1952, responsibility was transferred to the Commanding General, Korean Communication Zone, where it presently rests.

The purpose in establishing the War Crimes Division was to avoid the difficulties experienced after World War II, when little effort was made to investigate the commission of a war crime until some time after the war had ended. In order to define and clarify the limits of the investigations in Korea, war crimes were defined as those acts committed by enemy nations, or those persons acting for them, which constitute violations of the laws and customs of war, and general application and acceptance, including contravention of treaties and conventions dealing with the conduct of war, as well as outrageous acts against persons or property committed in connection with military operations.

LOVE CHINA DESTROY CCP

Surrey, Canada

#16 Feb 14, 2013
11. TYPES OF WAR ATROCITIES COMMITTED AGAINST AMERICAN PRISONERS
The evidence before the subcommittee conclusively proves that American prisoners of war who were not deliberately murdered at the time of capture or shortly after capture, were beaten, wounded, starved, and tortured; molested, displayed, and humiliated before the civilian populace and/or forced to march long distances without benefit of adequate food, water, shelter, clothing, or medical care to Communist prison camps, and there to experience further acts of human indignities. Communist massacres and the wholesale extermination of their victims is a calculated part of Communist psychological warfare. The atrocities perpetrated in Korea against the United Nations troops by Chinese and North Korean Communists are not unique in Communist history, nor can they be explained away on the grounds that inhumanity is often associated with so-called civilized warfare. The House Select Committee to Conduct an Investigation of the Facts, Evidence, and Circumstances of the Katyn Forest Massacre in its final report.

LOVE CHINA DESTROY CCP

Surrey, Canada

#17 Feb 14, 2013
The Communist forces in Korea flagrantly violated virtually every provision of the Geneva Convention of 1929, as well as article 6 of the Charter of the International Military Tribunal at Nuremberg, Germany.

III. SHOOTINGS AND KILLINGS OF AMERICAN PRISONERS OF WAR SHORTLY AFTER CAPTURE
The following cases presented by the subcommittee represent but a few of numerous similar atrocities committed by the North Korean and Chinese Communist armies:

A - THE HILL 303 MASSACRE
On August 14, 1950, a group of 26 American soldiers was surprised and captured by North Koreans whom the Americans had reason to believe were reinforcements. The men were stripped of their combat boots and personal belongings and their hands were tied behind their backs. The second day after capture, several other American prisoners joined their group, bringing the total number to approximately 45. On the third day all of the prisoners were led to a ravine, and without warning, while their hands were tied, were shot in cold blood. Only four survived.

B - THE SUNCHON TUNNEL MASSACRE
In October of 1950, at Pyongyang, when the fall of that city appeared imminent, the Communists loaded approximately 180 American war prisoners into open railroad cars for transport northward. These men were survivors of the Seoul-Pyongyang death march and were weak from lack of food, water, and medical care. They rode unprotected in the raw climate for 4 or 5 days, arriving at the Sunchon tunnel on October 30, 1950. Late in the afternoon, the prisoners were taken from the railroad cars in alternate groups of approximately 40 to nearby ravines, ostensibly to receive their first food in several days. There they were ruthlessly shot by North Korean soldiers, using Russian burp guns.

One hundred and thirty-eight American soldiers lost their lives in this atrocity; 68 were murdered at the tunnel, 7 died of malnutrition while in the tunnel, and the remainder died of pneumonia, dysentery, and malnutrition while in the tunnel, and the remainder died of pneumonia, dysentery, and malnutrition on the horror trip from Pyongyang.
LOVE CHINA DESTROY CCP

Surrey, Canada

#18 Feb 14, 2013
So where is the apology from the Chinese Communist Party dictatorship and the DPRK criminal regime?

We're waiting........
LOVE CHINA DESTROY CCP

Surrey, Canada

#19 Feb 14, 2013
Maybe more information will jog their memories....

C - TAEJON MASSACRE
On September 27, 1950, approximately 60 American prisoners who had been confined in Taejon prison were taken into the prison yard in groups of 14, with their hands wired together. These men were forced to sit hunched in hastily dug ditches and then were shot by North Korean troops at point blank range, with American M-1 rifles, using armor-piercing ammunition. Of the 2 seriously wounded survivors, only 1 lived to recount the gruesome details. Unnumbered civilians estimated at between 5,000 and 7,000, as well as soldiers of the Republic of Korea, were also slaughtered at Taejon between September 23 and September 27, 1950.

D - THE BAMBOO SPEAR CASE
In late December 1950, five American airmen in a truck convoy were ambushed by North Korean forces. Their bodies, discovered shortly after by a South Korean patrol, showed that the flesh had been punctured in as many as 20 different areas with heated, sharpened bamboo sticks. The torture was so fiendish that no one perforation was sufficient to cause death by itself.

Lt. Col. James T. Rogers, formerly in the Medical Section of the First United States Army Corps in Korea, testified:

COLONEL ROGERS: I made a medical examination of those five men and they suffered multiple superficial and deep spear wounds over the body, the face, the chest, and the abdomen. By the nature of the wounds I am of the opinion that the instrument of torture had been previously heated….

SENATOR POTTER: Had been heated?

COLONEL ROGERS: Yes. That after torturing them with the superficial wounds that then they bayoneted them with the same instruments and these fellows were allowed to bleed to death.
LOVE CHINA DESTROY CCP

Surrey, Canada

#20 Feb 14, 2013
E - THE NAEDAE MURDERS
Twelve American soldiers captured near Naedae on October 13, 1950, were imprisoned in a Korean hut and later shot without warning by North Koreans. Although wounded, five managed to survive by feigning death. Ironically, the killings took place in front of a Communist propaganda bulletin board showing posters condemning alleged United Nations war atrocities

KOREA PLAQUE BY WAYLAND MAYO

F - THE CHAPLAIN - MEDIC MASSACRE
The North Korean Communists surprised and slaughtered approximately 20 seriously wounded American soldiers. These soldiers were being administered aid by the regimental surgeon wearing the Red Cross armband, and an Army chaplain wearing the Christian cross, neither of whom were armed. The chaplain was also slain and the surgeon, although wounded, managed to survive and escape.

G - KAESONG MASSACRE
A patrol of 13 American soldiers was ambushed and captured by a large force of North Koreans near Kaesong on November 6, 1950. The prisoners were stripped of their belongings and taken to a small hut, where they were confined for about 3 hours. They were then ordered to march, purportedly to a nearby prison camp. After traversing a distance of approximately 2 miles, they were shot without warning from behind. One survived by feigning death.

H - OTHER EXAMPLES OF SHOOTINGS OF AMERICAN PRISONERS
An American lieutenant who was captured by North Koreans on September 10, 1950, was tied to a tree and shot 4 times, 3 of the bullets entering his head and neck. 1st Lt. Henry J. McNichols, formerly with Company E, 5th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division, testified:

LIEUTENANT MCNICHOLS:… A North Korean officer pulled out some cloth, rice linen… and took it and tore it into small strips and tied my hands behind my back and he told me to sit down and he further tied me to a tree.

SENATOR POTTER: In other words, he tied your hands behind your back first and then tied you to a tree?

LIEUTENANT MCNICHOLS: Yes. About that time this American unit started up the hill…just a straight infantry attack. Immediately all the enemy soldiers ran out with the exception of this lieutenant. As he reached this tree he reached into his pocket, grabbed his pistol, cocked it and I remember it going off once. However, later I found out that I was shot four times that time….

SENATOR POTTER: Where were you hit, Lieutenant?

LIEUTENANT MCNICHOLS: One of them through the mouth, two of them in the neck, one through the shoulder.
On August 30, 1950, four American soldiers were captured and after being forced to carry North Korean ammunition for 1 day, were shot in the back. Two men survived.

A can opener which was on a dog tag hanging around my neck. They inserted that into the wound in my left shoulder and give them a half twist, and one of them said, "ptomaine poison". After he inserted this into my wound then, I took it out. He slapped me and hit me on my shoulder, on the wound, with the butt of his rifle, and put it back in there. Well, I decided it would be best if I left it in there.

Near Hoensong, three Americans were captured by North Koreans on February 10, 1951. After being marched to Hoensong they were taken out on the road and while running, were shot from behind. Two lived.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free Tibet! Taiwan Independence! Democracy Now! 5 min RayH 43
China President wants to revive ancient route a... 16 min RayH 1
Why are chinese people dirty and so unhygienic (May '12) 1 hr John the Wildman 838
Can China solve its pollution problem? 3 hr Ghengis Khan 6
Hong Kong rethinks rules after Alibaba IPO loss 10 hr kute bill 1
Remembering Tibet as an independent nation in Asia 10 hr McGold 133
Is China headed for a wider anti CCP insurgency? 10 hr Triple C 69
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

China People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••