China can only copy from the West
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#284 Feb 12, 2013
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>China indeed has purchased speed trains from both Siemens and Japan. But both countries were willing to sell China only the older models, but refused to sell the newest technology.
First Japan's allegation that China stole its technology was groundless because the China speed trains system which is so popular within China now is called Dong Che system but not magnetic system.
How come China's speed trains now run much faster up to 380 km/hr practically, and theoretically in experiment up to 500+ km. Japan and Siemens trains are much slower in applied speed. Is that a result of research and innovation within China because Germany and Japan cannot give China the technology. Is the new Chinese technology from God?
Safety.

That's why China has faster train services.

Japan has almost 50 years of high speed train operation. In that time there has been only one derailment and that was during an earthquake.

In comparison China has 6 years of high speed train operation. In that time there were 2 derailments with 40 reported deaths and instead of having a public enquiry to increase safety, the chinese government tried to cover it up.

So it isn't that Chinese trains are better, it's just the Japanese government care a lot more about their people.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#285 Feb 12, 2013
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>China indeed has purchased speed trains from both Siemens and Japan. But both countries were willing to sell China only the older models, but refused to sell the newest technology.
First Japan's allegation that China stole its technology was groundless because the China speed trains system which is so popular within China now is called Dong Che system but not magnetic system.
How come China's speed trains now run much faster up to 380 km/hr practically, and theoretically in experiment up to 500+ km. Japan and Siemens trains are much slower in applied speed. Is that a result of research and innovation within China because Germany and Japan cannot give China the technology. Is the new Chinese technology from God?
Its needle-nose design looks almost exactly like a Japanese Shinkansen bullet train, while the interior strongly resembles a German high-speed train. To add insult to injury in June 2011, China took out patents for its rapid-transit railway technology in places including Japan and Europe with technology that clearly had been borrowed form Japan and Europe.

JUST DIGUESTING SOPHISTICATED KNOCK OFF CHEATERS.

Just like cheap knock offs, China copied the technology of the supplied cars and claims it as original technology! Whats wrong with you communists, are you all theives that you stand on the side of such a con? Have you still no respect for intellectual property?

Zhou Yimin , a retired deputy chief engineer and head of China’s railway ministry's science and technology department, said that virtually all key components in the trains were still supplied by overseas firms. "Key equipment was all made by foreign companies such as Siemens.

Oh and why it is faster is because corners were cut as safety in China is unheard of and regulations are always thrown to the wind.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE this is how your patents are posted, through cheap thugry and shameless theft.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#286 Feb 12, 2013
Why is it so many CCP zombies hail from Canada, or is it you all use the same proxy at the office in Beijing?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#287 Feb 12, 2013
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>China indeed has purchased speed trains from both Siemens and Japan. But both countries were willing to sell China only the older models, but refused to sell the newest technology.
First Japan's allegation that China stole its technology was groundless because the China speed trains system which is so popular within China now is called Dong Che system but not magnetic system.
How come China's speed trains now run much faster up to 380 km/hr practically, and theoretically in experiment up to 500+ km. Japan and Siemens trains are much slower in applied speed. Is that a result of research and innovation within China because Germany and Japan cannot give China the technology. Is the new Chinese technology from God?
In June 2011, a former senior official at the ministry accused his ex-boss of covering up operational incidents and of exaggerating the technical capabilities of Chinese-built trains. Zhou Yimin , a retired deputy chief engineer and head of the ministry's science and technology department, told the 21st Century Business Herald that the 300km/h speed limit was necessary because the trains would be inherently unsafe at higher speeds.
RayH

Guangzhou, China

#288 Feb 12, 2013
dreadman82 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its needle-nose design looks almost exactly like a Japanese Shinkansen bullet train, while the interior strongly resembles a German high-speed train. To add insult to injury in June 2011, China took out patents for its rapid-transit railway technology in places including Japan and Europe with technology that clearly had been borrowed form Japan and Europe.
JUST DIGUESTING SOPHISTICATED KNOCK OFF CHEATERS.
Just like cheap knock offs, China copied the technology of the supplied cars and claims it as original technology! Whats wrong with you communists, are you all theives that you stand on the side of such a con? Have you still no respect for intellectual property?
Zhou Yimin , a retired deputy chief engineer and head of China’s railway ministry's science and technology department, said that virtually all key components in the trains were still supplied by overseas firms. "Key equipment was all made by foreign companies such as Siemens.
Oh and why it is faster is because corners were cut as safety in China is unheard of and regulations are always thrown to the wind.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE this is how your patents are posted, through cheap thugry and shameless theft.
You can now take that high speed railway from Bejing to Zhengzhou in 2 hours.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#289 Feb 12, 2013
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
You can now take that high speed railway from Bejing to Zhengzhou in 2 hours.
The annual operating costs of the Beijing-Tianjin bullet train have been 1.8 billion yuan since the line started running in August 2008. Operating losses of the Beijing to Guangzhou line will reach 700 million yuan every year.

In the meantime,and the Beijing-Shanghai high speed rails, have said they would slow down the trains.

Because of expensive tickets, trains running between Wuhan and Guangzhou, a section that was completed and went into operation earlier than the rest of the Beijing-Guangzhou line, often run with empty carriages.

Although the high-ticket prices cannot cover the costs of operating the line, passengers still complain about unaffordable pricesslow train speeds and lower ticket prices to make ends meet.
RayH

Guangzhou, China

#290 Feb 12, 2013
dreadman82 wrote:
<quoted text>
The annual operating costs of the Beijing-Tianjin bullet train have been 1.8 billion yuan since the line started running in August 2008. Operating losses of the Beijing to Guangzhou line will reach 700 million yuan every year.
In the meantime,and the Beijing-Shanghai high speed rails, have said they would slow down the trains.
Because of expensive tickets, trains running between Wuhan and Guangzhou, a section that was completed and went into operation earlier than the rest of the Beijing-Guangzhou line, often run with empty carriages.
Although the high-ticket prices cannot cover the costs of operating the line, passengers still complain about unaffordable pricesslow train speeds and lower ticket prices to make ends meet.
By the way, I was on that Wuhan-Guangzhou high speed railway many times last year. It's pretty full. That's the difference between a guy like you living in EU brainwashed by your "free" Western press and someone like me living in China and observing everything here first hand.

The point of having high speed railways is not selling tickets, but rather promoting economic growth and modernization in China. One Yuan spent building the high speed ralway generates 2 Yuan in economic growth on both sides of the tracks. The high speed railway system will accelerate China's overall modernization by 5 years, making China the world's largest developed country in 10 years. It's the big picture that matters.
RayH

Guangzhou, China

#291 Feb 12, 2013
What interests me is that one or two years from now, those impoverished Western provinces of China's interior (Guangxi, Guizhou, Yunnan, Sichuan, Gansu) will be connected to the prosperous coast via high speed railways, lifting their respective economies 3 times in this decade.
James D Spent

Richland, WA

#293 Feb 12, 2013
Pfff, the Chinese folks in this thread are in some serious, SERIOUS denial. Maybe if their government didn't utterly censor their Internet, they might realize that they're being utterly brainwashed by an self serving oligarchy that's selling their slave labor to the rest of the world while promising they'll soon be middle class citizens.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#294 Feb 13, 2013
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, I was on that Wuhan-Guangzhou high speed railway many times last year. It's pretty full. That's the difference between a guy like you living in EU brainwashed by your "free" Western press and someone like me living in China and observing everything here first hand.
The point of having high speed railways is not selling tickets, but rather promoting economic growth and modernization in China. One Yuan spent building the high speed ralway generates 2 Yuan in economic growth on both sides of the tracks. The high speed railway system will accelerate China's overall modernization by 5 years, making China the world's largest developed country in 10 years. It's the big picture that matters.
LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY, China will be lucky to grow these coming years, the economic model is outdated. Maybe you travelled at peak season. Those figures I gave are from your own railway ministry champ and so are undisputable even by you, so no I never make observations from the outside.

High speed trains even in the West and Japan are very noctorously expensive, requiring maintainance and around the clock professionals to maintain. And these are significantly shorter then the Chinese one so are mush cheaper and they are all straggling, even the German one.

The Chinese ones are all running at losses that will keep going up plus the cost of making them was done on public loans, these will never be paid back and the trillions of dollars that went into this. Operating losses of the Beijing to Guangzhou line will reach 700 million yuan every year according to Zhou Yimin , a retired deputy chief engineer and head of the ministry's science and technology department.

That is even if the ticket sales projection is met, which so far nation widee it will not.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#295 Feb 13, 2013
RayH wrote:
What interests me is that one or two years from now, those impoverished Western provinces of China's interior (Guangxi, Guizhou, Yunnan, Sichuan, Gansu) will be connected to the prosperous coast via high speed railways, lifting their respective economies 3 times in this decade.
OMG, the want to build more? Even after seeing that the existing ones are all running on losses? Wow!!!!!!

THIS CASE OF STUPID IN CCP IS MORE SERIOUS THEN I THOUGHT

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#296 Feb 13, 2013
RayH wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, I was on that Wuhan-Guangzhou high speed railway many times last year. It's pretty full. That's the difference between a guy like you living in EU brainwashed by your "free" Western press and someone like me living in China and observing everything here first hand.
The point of having high speed railways is not selling tickets, but rather promoting economic growth and modernization in China. One Yuan spent building the high speed ralway generates 2 Yuan in economic growth on both sides of the tracks. The high speed railway system will accelerate China's overall modernization by 5 years, making China the world's largest developed country in 10 years. It's the big picture that matters.
That is in the short run in terms of loans and building contracts, but as soon as they are finished these white elephants eat nothing but millions of $$$$, as seen on all the other High speed trains already in operation nationwide.
lct

Beijing, China

#297 Feb 13, 2013
dreadman82 wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, the want to build more? Even after seeing that the existing ones are all running on losses? Wow!!!!!!
THIS CASE OF STUPID IN CCP IS MORE SERIOUS THEN I THOUGHT
you just expose super stupidy and low iq.

as i said long time ago, chinese gov. owns banks. they can write off any public debt any time they want.
china development bank is a policy bank, not a commercial bank, idiot.

the key for the economy development is not money. it is human enjoyment of technology development. money is served for human need, not human suffer for money's need. idiot.
lct

Beijing, China

#298 Feb 13, 2013
after HSR network all finished in next few years, HSR system will lower ticket price.

so the old trian will disappear, the old railways will become logistic transport only, that way, will hugely lower matrials transport expense. lower
the pressure on national highway too.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#299 Feb 13, 2013
lct wrote:
after HSR network all finished in next few years, HSR system will lower ticket price.
That just means the public pay more in taxes to cover the revenue lost in tickets.
lct wrote:
so the old trian will disappear, the old railways will become logistic transport only, that way, will hugely lower matrials transport expense. lower
the pressure on national highway too.
If your old networks become freight only they will have the same track maintainence costs but less trains to split the costs between.

That increases the cost to run each train. What makes you think it will lower the costs?
James D Spent

Richland, WA

#300 Feb 13, 2013
Really? You folks are bitching over trains? I think you've drifted a bit downriver from the point of this discussion.

And so I present this query to all Chinese supporters in here. If the west copies from China as much as they do from us, I ask you this. Why is it that I can buy counterfeit Rolex's, Armani suits, Gucci Handbags, iPhones, Blackberries, software and films of all kinds, etc, from China, but that I've never once seen a Chinese product or brand counterfeited by a western nation, or hell, anywhere for that matter.

If China comes up with so many fantastic products, innovations and brands, why is it that they're the only major nation who feels the need to rip off the intellectual property of others to make a profit?

Please feel free to answer my question, rather than deflecting and and talking more about trains.
James D Spent

Richland, WA

#301 Feb 13, 2013
lct wrote:
<quoted text>
you just expose super stupidy and low iq.
as i said long time ago, chinese gov. owns banks. they can write off any public debt any time they want.
china development bank is a policy bank, not a commercial bank, idiot.
the key for the economy development is not money. it is human enjoyment of technology development. money is served for human need, not human suffer for money's need. idiot.
No, they really can't. If china just defaulted on any public debt it didn't want to pay it would totally destroy the economy. Do you understand how currency works?
lct

Beijing, China

#302 Feb 13, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
That just means the public pay more in taxes to cover the revenue lost in tickets.
<quoted text>
If your old networks become freight only they will have the same track maintainence costs but less trains to split the costs between.
That increases the cost to run each train. What makes you think it will lower the costs?
other idiot.
if the building cost was write off, all HSR makes money.

the old network will run same amont trians, just move goods transport from costly highway transportation to railways tranportation. it will lower transportation price hugely.
RayH

Guangzhou, China

#303 Feb 13, 2013
James D Spent wrote:
Pfff, the Chinese folks in this thread are in some serious, SERIOUS denial. Maybe if their government didn't utterly censor their Internet, they might realize that they're being utterly brainwashed by an self serving oligarchy that's selling their slave labor to the rest of the world while promising they'll soon be middle class citizens.
Now the FACTS of Life: China's poor are joining the middle class at the rate of 20 million per year, while middle class in U.S. is shrinking and joining the poor. Deal with it.
RayH

Guangzhou, China

#304 Feb 13, 2013
dreadman82 wrote:
<quoted text>
LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY, China will be lucky to grow these coming years, the economic model is outdated. Maybe you travelled at peak season. Those figures I gave are from your own railway ministry champ and so are undisputable even by you, so no I never make observations from the outside.
High speed trains even in the West and Japan are very noctorously expensive, requiring maintainance and around the clock professionals to maintain. And these are significantly shorter then the Chinese one so are mush cheaper and they are all straggling, even the German one.
The Chinese ones are all running at losses that will keep going up plus the cost of making them was done on public loans, these will never be paid back and the trillions of dollars that went into this. Operating losses of the Beijing to Guangzhou line will reach 700 million yuan every year according to Zhou Yimin , a retired deputy chief engineer and head of the ministry's science and technology department.
That is even if the ticket sales projection is met, which so far nation widee it will not.
I already explained to you the "big picture" behind high speed railways in China. Don't waste cyberspace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russia Losing Out on Chinese FDI... 2 hr RESISTANCE IS FUTILE 40
News China Arrests The Short Sellers - All Is Well? 2 hr RESISTANCE IS FUTILE 10
India outpastes China becomes the fastest growi... (Feb '15) 8 hr slumdog indian 35
India to outpace China to be No.1 economy by 20... (Mar '12) Thu slumdog indian 139
News Germany's Merkel signals Japan could do more to... Aug 25 IRADRUDAEGUMIDEBD... 396
News Oil drops to record low as China's 'Black Monda... Aug 25 CHINA CRASH 1
News Beijing appears to wind down share-buying _ now... Aug 25 CHINA CRASH 1
More from around the web