Do you know 6.4 Tiananmen Square prod...

Do you know 6.4 Tiananmen Square prodemocracy protests?

Posted in the China Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
rinrin

Iruma, Japan

#1 May 7, 2008
Young activists who had demanded the democratization were massacred in Tiananmen Square in China.
Red military forces in China killed them.
This event is taboo now in China.

勿忘&# 20845;四 平反&# 20845;四
http://www.boxun.com/hero/64/52_1.shtml
LOL

Aliso Viejo, CA

#2 May 7, 2008
rinrin wrote:
Young activists who had demanded the democratization were massacred in Tiananmen Square in China.
Red military forces in China killed them.
This event is taboo now in China.
勿忘&# 20845;四 平反&# 20845;四
http://www.boxun.com/hero/64/52_1.shtml
It is regretaable such event had human cost to it. However, the death toll was far less than what the West had reported. In retrospect, such decision by the CCP may have saved the country, even those students at the protest now a days admitted that. Mistakes happens, such as the US kent state massacre during the 60s.
LOL

Aliso Viejo, CA

#3 May 7, 2008
You know what is funny, there is a Soka University by my house in Aliso Viejo, California that is founded by Japanese people. Wonder if you know anything about that, just curious.
rinrin

Iruma, Japan

#4 May 7, 2008
LOL wrote:
You know what is funny, there is a Soka University by my house in Aliso Viejo, California that is founded by Japanese people. Wonder if you know anything about that, just curious.
There is a purpose for me to have referred 6.4 Tiananmen Square prodemocracy protests.
There are a lot of people from whom a lot of Chinese who lives beyond the sea doesn't know this slaughter. China also restricts information also by a Chinese government, and is obstructing the thing that they know the truth.

By the way, is it true that Soka University is in California? Soka University ,in a word, SGI is a cult religion.
Please note it. They have taking in the person by a dirty means. The purpose is
money. Please note it.
rinrin

Iruma, Japan

#5 May 7, 2008
Soka,Japan is a name of a place. It is unrelated to Soka University.
Free Radical

Hattiesburg, MS

#6 May 7, 2008
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
It is regretaable such event had human cost to it. However, the death toll was far less than what the West had reported. In retrospect, such decision by the CCP may have saved the country, even those students at the protest now a days admitted that. Mistakes happens, such as the US kent state massacre during the 60s.
It is estimated that thousands died June 3-4, 1989.

At the quite tragic and regrettable Kent State shootings, 4 died.

It is not exactly the same.
Jesse

Nanjing, China

#7 May 7, 2008
OK.

1. It was not a pro-democracy protest. That does not make the loss of life or their cause any better or worse. It does not justify, trivialize, or condemn their protest. I'm just saying... if you bring this stuff up, try to learn about the real history in order to honor the people who went through this.

2. Everyone in China knows about 6/4. If people in the West do not know about it, its because a) they were too young to remember, or b) they don't care so forgot, or c) they didn't study history. It was all over the news, 24/7 etc just like any other big story.
rinrin

Iruma, Japan

#8 May 9, 2008
Jesse wrote:
OK.
1. It was not a pro-democracy protest. That does not make the loss of life or their cause any better or worse. It does not justify, trivialize, or condemn their protest. I'm just saying... if you bring this stuff up, try to learn about the real history in order to honor the people who went through this.
2. Everyone in China knows about 6/4. If people in the West do not know about it, its because a) they were too young to remember, or b) they don't care so forgot, or c) they didn't study history. It was all over the news, 24/7 etc just like any other big story.
In Japan and Europe and America.6/4 Tiananmen Square are recognized democracy movement in
China. It is not a problem in which there was a justice.
The activist demanded the democratization of China from Chinese Communist Party by using nonviolence and the conversation.
There are two tragic things.
First, red military forces, slaughtered ,suppressed, and arrested activists.
Though it is the home country people.
Secondarily, do not let free speech be admitted in China.
Free speech guarantees the right to praise the government of the home country and the right to criticize.
Chinese who lives in Japan says that free speech will have been secured in China. If 6.4 Tiananmen Square prodemocracy protests are considered, this must be a lie.

Of course, I will not deny the crime of a Japan
in WWII
luf

Cochrane, Canada

#9 May 9, 2008
Free Radical wrote:
<quoted text>
so ... your logic is, killing 1 is better guy than killing 2?

the nazi must be much better guys than Americans, because Americans killed much more people (natives) in history.

your arguments are always lack of basic logic and full of half truth or lies.

go home, learn some basic logic and basic history facts, keep it in mind - no cnn or bbc, they lie too much.

I was in Beijing that night and in next few days after Jun 4 1989, it is scary that I did hear gun fire and soldiers patro on street, but saying over a thousand people died is simply a cheap lie - so far there are many pictures, videos have been exposed including the famous man who stood in front of the tanks, but I haven't seens who were died.

The simple fact is, the PLA officers and soldiers simply didn't want to kill any one, other wise, the man who stood in front of the tanks would be a died meat.

I strongly against what CCP did in Jun 6 1989, but I also against those who make up stories to brainwash ordinary people.
luf

Cochrane, Canada

#10 May 9, 2008
rinrin wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a purpose for me to have referred 6.4 Tiananmen Square prodemocracy protests.
There are a lot of people from whom a lot of Chinese who lives beyond the sea doesn't know this slaughter. China also restricts information also by a Chinese government, and is obstructing the thing that they know the truth.
By the way, is it true that Soka University is in California? Soka University ,in a word, SGI is a cult religion.
money. Please note it.
6.4 is a very important event in medern China history. Without 6.4 there would be no current China - it would take long time to tell you why but keep this in mind - 6.4 is a prodemocracy movement and it was cracked down by CCP. But it is not that simple.

It is simply not true that that many Chinese don't know 6.4. Yes, everyone knows 6.4 and there are still many people are arguing the right and wrong of 6.4. My personal blog has a long article of my experience in 6.4 (Myself and I were in Beijing in 6.4), many people left their messages under that article.

You know China some, but very little. What you know about, is pretty much what media want you know, that is.
MyView

Minneapolis, MN

#11 May 9, 2008
rinrin wrote:
<quoted text>
The activist demanded the democratization of China from Chinese Communist Party by using nonviolence and the conversation.
You were misinformed.

I was one of the students in 1989 protest, though not in Beijing, we never tried to overthrow the Communist party. The protest was triggered by the corruption by high rank officers in the government, especially by their relatives.

After couple of weeks, the protestors started demanding more freedom of media and "west democracy" (the goddess statue of freedom), as we believed that there would be no corruption with free media and China would be much better with West democracy.

But, never in any time during the demonstration did we try to overthrow the government, this is clearly proved by one incident (I believe you never heard of it from west media):

A person threw eggs on Mao's picture on Tienanman square, he was arrested by several students and handed to police.

6.4 is a terrible tragedy, the role it played in chinese history will be evaluated in the future, and BY CHINESE ONLY.
luf

Cochrane, Canada

#12 May 9, 2008
Jesse wrote:
OK.
you and rinrin are both extreme - rinrin knows what his media wants him to know only, you know what CCP media wants you to know only.

6.4 is a prodemocracy and anticorrution protest. The protest had been justified by billion people in China. CCP of course doesn't believe the protest is justified but I guess you should learn something beside what CCP told you.

There are many discussions regarding the right or wrong of the protest, I believe most of them have good points including some of them argue that China might fall apart if CCP did crack the protest down. I would agree that China mightbe in chaos, or even fall apart if the protest spread all over the country. But every human should understand that the students had their good wishes to their country, they protest for a better future of their country.

Everyone becomes smarter in this 20 years but it is insane to blame the protest in your armchair 20 years after what had happened.

CCP was defintely wrong to crack down the protest with millitary - the armed force is for protect the people, not for kill our own people. It is a shame of PLA forever although many PLA officers and soldiers refused to kill anyone - I highly respect those PLA soldiers, officiers who refused.
rinrin

Iruma, Japan

#13 May 9, 2008
It demonstrates of not forgetting 6.4 in Hong Kong on June 4 every year.
On the other hand, do not you feel anything?
Jack

Fairfield, Australia

#14 May 9, 2008
rinrin wrote:
It demonstrates of not forgetting 6.4 in Hong Kong on June 4 every year.
On the other hand, do not you feel anything?
I do not understand what you are saying!

“Freedom isn't Free”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#15 May 9, 2008
Jesse wrote:
OK.
1. It was not a pro-democracy protest.
The whole world disagrees with you.

The videos and photos and testimony of the victims speak for themselves.
LOL

Aliso Viejo, CA

#16 May 9, 2008
The Great Wall of Whiner wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I agree with him, that kind of ruin your statment that the "the whole word diagree with you right"? You really should find out what the victims thought before you say the victims speak for themselves. Almost all of the 6/4 students regret taking part in the movement and most state they realized the need of the country wasn't another political movement but stability at the moment. I do regret any loss of life in the event, and do consider the CCP took too hard of a stance, but I do not consider the protest as beneficial tot he nation at the time. That was why common middle class like my father at the time did not get involved. Not because they were afraid, but because they just survived the cultural revolution, and do not consider any more revolution as good timing.
LOL

Aliso Viejo, CA

#17 May 9, 2008
Free Radical wrote:
<quoted text>
Using your exact word" Estimated". I beleive the actual death toll might be 100, which is the same as any massive riot in the west.

So the number of deaths might be different, but the idea is the same. Govrnments all make mistakes, whether its west or east. While Westerner are quick to dismiss their government's mistakes, they like to keep remind of China's mistakes in the past. Why is that?
LOL

Aliso Viejo, CA

#18 May 9, 2008
rinrin wrote:
<quoted text>
money. Please note it.
Dude, I had relatives living in Beijing at the time. I was in China at the time and Dad was a middle class government worker.
luf

Cochrane, Canada

#19 May 9, 2008
The Great Wall of Whiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "whole world" doesn't mean anything to us.

Stay in your cage, watch your banana.

“Freedom isn't Free”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#20 May 9, 2008
luf wrote:
<quoted text>Your "whole world" doesn't mean anything to us.
Stay in your cage, watch your banana.
You are just so rude, you know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How China's Debt Fix Could Make Things Much Worse 12 hr mar 2
News China sentences Hong Kong journalists to up to ... 18 hr THOUGHT CRIME 1
News 25 years on, no fading of Tiananmen wounds, ideals (May '14) 18 hr JUNE FOURTH MASSACRE 115
News Vladivostok lures Chinese - many of whom think ... 18 hr CHINAs LANDS 3
Rēng chūqù wò'ērmǎ Thu who needs this 1
why are chinese ugly? (Aug '13) Wed ChineseareEvil 11
News China's growth sucks in more debt bucks for les... Jul 25 CHINA CRASH 1
More from around the web