Hahaha my POSTS Above are ENOUGH to prove The Philippines SovereigntyAustronesian Guy and assoicates always use flawed logic and hearsays to confound the issue further.
May I suggest you to do the following:
1. Find the pages of the several treaties and your constitutional documents which prove your sovereignty claims of the Spratlys.
2. Or find the pages of such documents which say the 118 degree line does not exist.
** Then show the evidence to everyone here.
If you are a Filipino you should have access to such documents in your libraries or govt archives. If you don't and you have no knowledge of such documents, you should shut up.
I have access to these documents in university libraries overseas.
You logic is flawed.
1. You also try to justify your claim by resorting to the proximity of Scarborough Shaol/Huang Yan Island to the Philippines. But proximity is only one of so many factors to consider to determine sovereignty. Otherwise, why the Falklands belong to Great Britain but not Argentina, and why Alaska does not belong to Canada but to the USA.
2. Many people in the Philippines deliberately twisted the meaning of UNCLOS. In fact, UNCLOS does not replace restropectively the evidence of sovereignty established before UNCLOS is enacted. It has no authority to address such land claims made by the Philippines since PR of China and ROC/Taiwan have made explicit and consistent claims decades or centuries ago (during dynastic rule) while the Philippines did the opposite. The constitutional documents of the Philippines explicitly said that the border for the Philippines is at the 118 degree east longitudinal line. The Philippines did nothing to address this legal basis for the land claim until 2009 while China and Taiwan have already made explicit and consistent claims in their legal documents of the Spratlys for decades. PR China and ROC have much stronger continuous legal basis for their land claims.
3. In fact, UNCLOS has no authority over the land conflicts involving the Philippines which was willing to sign/endorse the UNCLOS only after including major modification paragraphs. Such modifications explicitly restricted the legitimacy of UNCLOS whenever land claims arise against the Philippines.
Filipinos, you cannot have things both ways. You cannot have it your way all the time to maximise your benefits at the expense of your neighbours.
That is why despite your negative campaign all over the world against China, not many countries support you in this incident. You have lost credibility.
The Philippines is NOT ONLY BASING ITS CLAIM ON PROXIMITY (UNCLOS)
The Philippines bases its Scarborough claim on "4" international laws
1. EFFECTIVE JURISDICTION
2. CESSION - Transfer of the Philippine Islands from the spanish to the americans, and the transfer of the americans of the isalnds to the FILIPINOS.
3. UNCLOS (Proximity)
4. Archipelagic Doctrine - CHINA IS NOT AN ARCHIPELAGO, THE PHILIPPINES IS AN ARCHIPELAGO
other than that
the Philippines also can base its claim on:
1. History ACCEPTED WORLDWIDE - The Austronesians (ancestors of the filipinos, malaysians, and indonesians) ruled the South China Sea. The Chinese were thousands of years late comers to the south china sea
FYI: the Ancient name of the south china sea according to history books is "THE CHAMPA SEA" named after the powerful AUSTRONESIAN KINGDOM OF CHAMPA.
south china sea was named by the EUROPEANS to describe that the sea is in the south of china and NOT because CHINA owns it.
2. Modern Archaeological, Anthropological and other Scienctific studies contradict that CHINA DISCOVERED THE ISALNDS/SHOALS FIRST.
3. Old European and American MAPS named the ISLANDS their FILIPINO NAME and not Huangyan or Nansha.
See International Laws, TRUE HISTORY, OLD MAPS, and SCIENTIFIC studies SUPPORT THE PHILIPPINES
HOW BOUT CHINA??
You only have your fake INVENTED history!