Posted in the China Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
india

Central District, Hong Kong

#1 Aug 29, 2013
india population is 1.2 billion, China is 1.3 billion

india population growth is several times faster than China, in 10 years time, india population will reach 1.4 billion and surpass China..

india rapid population impact on environment, carbon emission, global warming...disease spread in society, un-educated ignorant, un-employment, poverty

India’s pre-budget economic survey declared that per capita carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions will increase by nearly three-fold to 3.5 tonnes by 2030.

From time to time, it has been suggested that if India implemented the one-child policy, it would have a marked benefit for the country.

enough is enough, america and europe, give money to feed india
india

#2 Aug 29, 2013
in 1950's india population is around 300 million compare to China 500 million.

see the difference, india is catching up to China fast and they do not have population control

300 to 500 is ratio 3/5

1.2 billion to 1.3 billion ratio is 12/13

it is getting close and will surpass and go un-control.....
india

#3 Aug 29, 2013
but they don't want one child policy, they don't want population control...

so their population will grow and reach 1.4 billion

1.7 2.0 billion

and they still don't want to control

so 3.0 billion in 2060
indiaAinu

#4 Aug 29, 2013
it is either one child policy and ten child policy for india

so if you were to choose

will you choose one child policy

or ten child policy
indiaAinu

#5 Aug 29, 2013
China population should have been 1.9 billion now instead of 1.3 billion if China did not control its population...

there is no sign that india is willing to control their population

so, let it grow, let it grow, let the earth hotter and hotter
indiaAinu

#6 Aug 29, 2013
this is how you destroy the earth

not by nuclear bomb

instead, use population

let it grow, let it grow and the earth will be destroy
indiaAinu

#7 Aug 29, 2013
according to some western scientist

the entire world population should not exceed
the 2.0 billion mark,

but now the world population has reach 7.0 billion already

this mean that more natural environment will be destroy by the population...

so the future generation will suffer
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#8 Aug 29, 2013
Only a completely heartless nation who treats their people like cattle would impose a law on people telling them they were only allowed one child.
indiaAinu

#9 Aug 29, 2013
I can read wrote:
Only a completely heartless nation who treats their people like cattle would impose a law on people telling them they were only allowed one child.
you are wrong, indian, they can choose one or allow for two maximum....

now you indian don't want to control your population, do you think america and europe will feed you.??

i already knew and expect you would attack me using human right etc....but this is a civilize world,...people should have small size family instead of big size family

so one child policy for india

i know you would attack me again...but i will debate with you...for your brain power is no match for me
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#10 Aug 29, 2013
indiaAinu wrote:
<quoted text>
you are wrong, indian, they can choose one or allow for two maximum....
now you indian don't want to control your population, do you think america and europe will feed you.??
i already knew and expect you would attack me using human right etc....but this is a civilize world,...people should have small size family instead of big size family
so one child policy for india
i know you would attack me again...but i will debate with you...for your brain power is no match for me
If you were in any way correct then every nation would adopt the same policies.

Instead it is only the massively oppressive CCP who has such an inhumane policy. One which doesn't even work.
eilgiosj

#12 Aug 29, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were in any way correct then every nation would adopt the same policies.
Instead it is only the massively oppressive CCP who has such an inhumane policy. One which doesn't even work.
can not understand why you call it inhumane, one child to two child, this is good, a small family is better than big family for China....China would have 1.8 billion now if they don't control.....then problem would come......un-employment, mal-nutrition, un-educated, environment pollution, global warming,...disease etc...
2 Cents

Taipei, Taiwan

#13 Aug 30, 2013
Poor Indians. I'd be very fearful if I were Bhutan, Nepal or a host of other border countries. When massive starvation and the resulting instability happens, millions upon millions of Indians will be pouring into your countries to find food. Its time you guys thought about closing up your open borders.
francis

Suri, India

#14 Aug 30, 2013
why yourll r so obsessed with india?? most of the bhutanese and nepalese come to india for search of jobs.we r feedind them. you should be worried about your country.i know its difficult when your jobs r taken by indian's. your brain's r worth penny for that reason yourll r unemployed! grow up frustrated morons !
Bogensexpat

Denpasar, Indonesia

#15 Aug 31, 2013
we don't need too much indians in this world, we've seen enough there are too much big huge smelly slums and people, even with birth control its not enough to reduce their population, becuz they rape their women they like sooooo if china and usa nuke india it will be conttribution to the world
AZN

Toronto, Canada

#16 Sep 1, 2013
I can read wrote:
Only a complete fool like you would encourage out of control demographic expansion.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#17 Sep 1, 2013
AZN wrote:
<quoted text>Only a complete fool like you would encourage out of control demographic expansion.
Me and every nation on earth except China.

I suppose you'll now be boasting about how you had a vasectomy as part of your moral crusade.

That makes you impotent by choice, right?
AAA

Waterlooville, UK

#18 Sep 1, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you'll now be boasting about how you had a vasectomy as part of your moral crusade.
Actually not just China. Singapore used to "encourage" 2 child policy, not imposed by will make things very difficult for third child like schooling etc. A responsible government will need to have a sound demographic plan in line with its national development in economy, resources and infrastructures. Now Singapore wants to expand and young people don't like having kids too early, so the policy has changed to "as many as you can afford". It even reward handsomely with money to produce babies.

On the contrary, if you look at India and Philippines, they are multiplying like cockroaches, but there is not enough resources to go around. The government or parents cannot provide enough for new borns, this not only adds problems to current generations but also next generation.

UK is different, we currently have very good replacement rate and middle class immigrants inflow, so there is no need for restriction on birth rate. I think you are applying our situation to other nations with different circumstances, and that is unfair, whether from religious perspective or not.
AAA

Waterlooville, UK

#19 Sep 1, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides your idea of China's "one child policy" is probably 10 years behind. Nowadays, if you are rich and pay a fee you can have second child, so it is not strict one child anymore. Kind of make sense to me, bottom line is still affordability, so this will promote sensible family planning. Of course single child does have an impact on society and child psychology, but that is a different line of discussion.

Our UK home office often got tricked by Chinese claiming asylum based on China's one child policy, not knowing there is flexibility in the system now. The real reason is of course to get residentship here in UK.
2 Cents

Taipei, Taiwan

#20 Sep 1, 2013
AZN wrote:
<quoted text>Only a complete fool like you would encourage out of control demographic expansion.
What is also interesting is that it is mainly poor uneducated folks who have a lot of kids. Apparently educated people are more concerned about career advancement than starting families so typically have less kids than the average unemployed welfare recipient. If this continues, humanity will on the whole become dumber and dumber. I wouldn't be surprised if the growing income disparity between the rich and poor and the growing concentration of wealth is a result of these demographic trends.

There's a movie called "Idiocracy" staring Luke Wilson that perfectly captures this dumbing of humanity. It's a great hilarious movie but it didn't do too well at the box office. I'm assuming it's because the social commentary hit too close to home for most viewers.
AZN

Toronto, Canada

#21 Sep 1, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're not getting enough to eat because there's too many mouths to feed, you'll become impotent anyways or give birth to malnourished children who have to live out their lives with some crippling disability along with being poor.

Not exactly a very attractive alternative to plans that balance demographic mass with availability of resources.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

China Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Germany's Merkel signals Japan could do more to... 3 hr IRADRUDAEGUMIDEBD... 385
News Tense China-Japan relations overshadow the case... 11 hr Ainu 286
how would you destroy china? :d (Jul '12) 16 hr Raj 1,690
News China's Great Wall 'is disappearing' Mon PAUL SHYKORA arts 2
Poll China + Pakistan vs. India + Russia, who WINS? (May '13) Mon Raj Chanani 881
India outpastes China becomes the fastest growi... Mon Raj Chanani 17
India to outpace China to be No.1 economy by 20... (Mar '12) Mon Human 131
More from around the web