Cuban Americans In South Florida

Jan 17, 2007 Full story: Cbs4.com 5,865

“This is going to be a big thing."Alicia Forte told CBS4. "We only suspected he was dead and Calle Ocho went crazy and hopefully all Miamians will go crazy soon.”

LITTLE HAVANA, South Floridians continue to wonder what the fate of their homeland will be. via Cbs4.com

Full Story
Sandy

Miami, FL

#6361 Mar 20, 2013
Druid Oakes wrote:
Downtown Miami and South Florida are home to the largest concentration of international banks in the United States, and is home to many large companies both nationally and internationally. The Civic Center is a major center for hospitals, research institutes, medical centers, and biotechnology industries. For more than two decades, the Port of Miami, known as the "Cruise Capital of the World," has been the number one cruise passenger port in the world, accommodating some of the world's largest cruise ships and operations, and is currently the busiest in both passenger traffic and cruise lines. Miami has a Cuban American plurality that contributed to much of it's success!
We can thank the Miami Cuban politicians and THEIR voters for this-
"Miami Named Second Worst-Run City in America; Hialeah Fifth"

http://247wallst.com/2013/01/15/the-best-and-...

And this -

"Dario Moreno, a professor of political science at Miami International University, incurred the wrath of fellow Hispanics when he went on the CBS News magazine and criticized Miami's Cuban community for the city's corruption"

http://www.thesocialcontract.com/artman2/publ...
Druid Oakes

Newton, NJ

#6362 Mar 20, 2013
Sandy el MARIKITAS wrote:
<quoted text>
i wanna lewinski the whole football team!
Asyou please!
Hangman

Miami, FL

#6363 Mar 20, 2013
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>
No there is NO rift between the Mayor who we the MAJORITY voted for and the Vice Mayor, who is Mexican American , NOT Colombian.
Doral is not yours anymore so move on to Hialeah , LOL.
God Bless the Venezuelans as they realize the importance of recycling .
"American Tires Recycling: Venezuelans set standard in South Florida"
http://www.doralnewsonline.com/doralfinal/en/...
No hace ni dos meses que el nuevo alcalde del Doral el Venezolano luigi boria fue elegido para alcalde y ya tiene problema con la vice alcalde que es Cuulombiana o Mexiculicagada same shit different indigenous country, ja ja jaja ja, y la gitana india y la otra se creen que no va a ver corrupcion, ja jajaja.
Hangman

Miami, FL

#6364 Mar 20, 2013
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>
No there is NO rift between the Mayor who we the MAJORITY voted for and the Vice Mayor, who is Mexican American , NOT Colombian.
Doral is not yours anymore so move on to Hialeah , LOL.
God Bless the Venezuelans as they realize the importance of recycling .
"American Tires Recycling: Venezuelans set standard in South Florida"
http://www.doralnewsonline.com/doralfinal/en/...
Doral is not yours anymore so move on to Hialeah? Please, Doral was and always will be an industrial flood town, I used to travel to Doral back in the seventies before it was called Doral, I used to ride my dirt bike before it was called Doral and way before Venezuelans ever dreamed of living there, I wouldn't live there even if you paid me to, over priced real estate and traffic galour. I live in South Miami which is way better then Doral and just a few blocks from the Gables. Doral? Please.
Sarah

Miami, FL

#6366 Mar 20, 2013
The Obedience of Christ
by Henry Morris, Ph.D.| Mar. 20, 2013

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." (John 5:30)

Christ is our great example in all things--even in that of obedience to the Father and His will. As the perfect Son, He obeyed His Father in all things. "I do nothing of myself," He said, "but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. And He that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him" (John 8:28-29).

There are three specific references in the epistles to the obedience of Christ. One of the most profound passages in the Bible is Hebrews 5:8: "Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered." How could the omniscient Son of God have to learn anything? There are some things that cannot be learned in books but only by experience, and obedience in hard circumstances is surely one of these. Jesus learned obedience by actual experience.

Christ obeyed His Father even after praying that the bitter cup might be taken away. "Being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross" (Philippians 2:8).

Had He been disobedient, as was Adam, we could never have known salvation. "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous" (Romans 5:19). Jesus was, indeed, always perfectly obedient to His Father's word, "leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps"(1 Peter 2:21).

As our text emphasizes, His obedience consisted simply of seeking and following the will of His Father in all things. "Not my will, but thine" (Luke 22:42). HMM
Sarah

Miami, FL

#6368 Mar 20, 2013
Hangman wrote:
<quoted text>Doral is not yours anymore so move on to Hialeah? Please, Doral was and always will be an industrial flood town, I used to travel to Doral back in the seventies before it was called Doral, I used to ride my dirt bike before it was called Doral and way before Venezuelans ever dreamed of living there, I wouldn't live there even if you paid me to, over priced real estate and traffic galour. I live in South Miami which is way better then Doral and just a few blocks from the Gables. Doral? Please.
Matthew 24:35
New International Version (NIV)

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

“LORD OF DARKNESS”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#6369 Mar 20, 2013
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>
We can thank the Miami Cuban politicians and THEIR voters for this-
http://247wallst.com/2013/01/15/the-best-and-...
And this -
"Dario Moreno, a professor of political science at Miami International University, incurred the wrath of fellow Hispanics when he went on the CBS News magazine and criticized Miami's Cuban community for the city's corruption"
http://www.thesocialcontract.com/artman2/publ...
Thou shall come to the pits of Arallu!
Sarah

Miami, FL

#6370 Mar 21, 2013
Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 24:35
New International Version (NIV)
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
What am I trying to say when I am the first to admit that I hate and Envy Cubans, God I take everything I said prior back, for I am the first to say that I am mean and filled with hatred and envy, forgive me lord.
Druid Oakes

Newton, NJ

#6371 Mar 21, 2013
Forgive our trespasses
As we forgive those that trespass against us
And lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil
Rata

Miami, FL

#6372 Mar 21, 2013
Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>What am I trying to say when I am the first to admit that I hate and Envy Cubans, God I take everything I said prior back, for I am the first to say that I am mean and filled with hatred and envy, forgive me lord.
The REAL Sarah (not you)is none of the regs , I do not know who she is but none of us are religios nor know or care to know scriptures.
abc

United States

#6373 Mar 21, 2013
Yeah envy parasites and lechees
That's it, specially leeches who live of the government, people that doesn't work and got everything free from tax payers
What's great about that?
Envy and admire the lazy?
You need therapy
Go to Jackson hosp and who are the majority being seey by psychiatrist?
Sarah

Miami, FL

#6374 Mar 21, 2013
Rata wrote:
<quoted text>
The REAL Sarah (not you)is none of the regs , I do not know who she is but none of us are religios nor know or care to know scriptures.
I didn't ask you Rat!! Religous? Of course not, even if you wanted, you wouldn't be able to, God has a line where he doesn't allow crap into his Heaven.
Druid Oakes

Newton, NJ

#6375 Mar 21, 2013
abc wrote:
That's it, specially leeches who live of the government, people that doesn't work and got everything free from tax payers
What's great about that?
You need therapy
Amen
Sandy

Miami, FL

#6376 Mar 21, 2013
abc wrote:
What's great about that?
You need therapy
You mean like all the free stuff that Miami Cuban REPUBLICANS give in terms of corporate welfare to their millionaire compadres.

Hmmmm not only does the football stadium which they want hotels to pay for come to mind but so does the Marlins stadium which they soaked the people for.

'Thanks' Miami Cuban republican politicos -

"Marlins Park a Perfect Example of How Not to Build a Publicly-Funded Stadium"

But here's the thing: According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel (via Deadspin), Marlins Park will eventually cost $2.4 billion, and that's all on the public.

Such things happen when the public is tasked with picking up 70 percent of the cost for a new stadium, particularly during hard economic times. Miami-Dade county officials sold $500 million worth of public bonds to get Marlins Park built, and these bonds were financed in poor market conditions.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1504922-ma...
Sandy

Miami, FL

#6377 Mar 21, 2013
Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't ask you Rat!! Religous? Of course not, even if you wanted, you wouldn't be able to, God has a line where he doesn't allow crap into his Heaven.
So you hypocrite ,ethnic voting , incapable of gvmt ,separatists won't be getting in?

How sad for you but perhaps it is best as we don't want any corruption up there .

"Cuban-Americans have “perfected [corruption in government] in many ways to a fine art.” That is not correct, however, because if corruption is done that well, it is unnoticed and subtle. Corruption in Miami’s Cuban-American government has been crude, blatant and openly defiant"

http://www.popularsovranty.org/mdc.shtml
Druid Oakes

Newton, NJ

#6378 Mar 21, 2013
Sandy EL MARIKITAS wrote:
<quoted text>
metemela duro Rodolfin!
LOL!
Damnliberals

Miami, FL

#6379 Mar 21, 2013
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like all the free stuff that Miami Cuban REPUBLICANS give in terms of corporate welfare to their millionaire compadres.
Hmmmm not only does the football stadium which they want hotels to pay for come to mind but so does the Marlins stadium which they soaked the people for.
'Thanks' Miami Cuban republican politicos -
"Marlins Park a Perfect Example of How Not to Build a Publicly-Funded Stadium"
But here's the thing: According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel (via Deadspin), Marlins Park will eventually cost $2.4 billion, and that's all on the public.
Such things happen when the public is tasked with picking up 70 percent of the cost for a new stadium, particularly during hard economic times. Miami-Dade county officials sold $500 million worth of public bonds to get Marlins Park built, and these bonds were financed in poor market conditions.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1504922-ma...
Besides every critic you have had for the past years toward Cubans, you and I know fact that they have succeeded and have helped to make Miami into metro. mecca before all you liberals, dykes, and new thinking newbies started arriving.
Cherokee

United States

#6380 Mar 21, 2013
Damnliberals wrote:
<quoted text>Besides every critic you have had for the past years toward Cubans, you and I know fact that they have succeeded and have helped to make Miami into metro. mecca before all you liberals, dykes, and new thinking newbies started arriving.
Well said!
Cherokee

United States

#6381 Mar 21, 2013
Druid Oakes wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
LOL!
Sandy

Miami, FL

#6382 Mar 21, 2013
Damnliberals wrote:
<quoted text>Besides every critic you have had for the past years toward Cubans, you and I know fact that they have succeeded and have helped to make Miami into metro. mecca before all you liberals, dykes, and new thinking newbies started arriving.
hmmmm que PesteaMiamiCubano.

'Thanks' To Miami Cuban politicos who RUN BOTH Miami-dade and Hialeah-

Congratulations, Miami-Dade! You're home to two of the five worst-run cities in the country.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2013/0...

Actual link - http://247wallst.com/2013/01/15/the-best-and-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central America Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Protesters: "Not the time" to change Cuba relat... 1 hr USMail XXXII 143
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 2 hr xxxraytred 328
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 5 hr TimeForTheCastros... 157
Detente spawns Cuban worry on US migration rights 5 hr TimeForTheCastros... 2
Raul Castro: Don't expect detente to change Cub... 5 hr TimeForTheCastros... 12
Detente spawns Cuban worry on US migration rights 19 hr John 6
China's First Lady gives pragmatic donation to ... Sat Francesco Sinibaldi 1
More from around the web