What a dump - Tela, Honduras

May 3, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TravelPod.com Recent Updates

Table of contents 26 votes rate it Visitors: 27836 - 318 this month A filthy polluted caribbean beach town. via TravelPod.com Recent Updates

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 87 of87
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
desertdudes420

Redondo Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

for those of you that don t have a citizen ship in the this world we live in...A QUESTION how did you get here and when are they sending YALL bacK??. now dont take it personal but dont you know were to go till you been everywere
Mike Murray

Boquete, Panama

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

I have been living in Boquete, Panama for the past 5 years and although this is a beautiful mountain rain forest climate, and a charming coffee town ... I miss living in Tela. Tela has always given me that "banana town" feel and the people have always been good and fair with me. The beaches and the ocean is pristine ... especially in front of Telamar. I miss the ballyattas too.
Looks like I will be heading back in my retirment yers now that I am 62. Rent hopefully will still be inexpensive. Here in Panama I pay $300 month furnished. I'm sure i can do this $150 less a month in Tela. Also ... helps alot if you speak Spanish.
Joe

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

I lived in Tela in 1948 until 1953. I was a kid and my Dad worked for the United Fruit Company. We lived right on the beach and I loved it. I left in 1953 and have never been back.I still think of Tela as my childhood home and have many fond memories of the town and the people. Of all of the places where we lived in Panama, Costa Rica and Honduras, Tela was the best. It sounds like it hasn't changed a lot and that's good. It is what it is and I hope to visit again someday. If you are fortunate enough to visit, take it all in for what it is and bring some of it with you when you leave.
ozgur jahn

Hamilton, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

i wish to visit the hondus for 3 weeks to study spanish so i was wondering how would be easy to find a school there and meet some local girls to hang out to practice ,
does any one give me some ideas ,please jahn
yikes

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

carlos a zuniga wrote:
tela still is one of the most beautiful places in central america.you can enjoy the wonderful beaches delicious food nice weather all of these at very good prices and the people is extremely friendly.what else do you want?
buzzards? in front of the hotel? how big are those birds? What about the children? safe?
Whatajoke

Nanaimo, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

I see a lot of "If you're not used to it" comments, not used to garbage and dead cows floating down the river?
No matter how much nostalgia you have if there are dead anythings floating down your river then it's a cesspool.
It's no wonder Honduras is considered one of the shittiest places on earth.
Allan

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jun 22

Im from tela What u want yo kno
Lisa wrote:
Hi Zuly,
I want to visit Tela since my boyfriend was from there and he was always telling me how beautiful the people and the place is, but since we have unfortuantely broken up (he was involved with other women) I still want to visit Tela. Of course I would never go alone, but can you tell me if you know of tour groups or a recommended place to stay. I speak very little espanol and I want to be safe. Any advice appreciated.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 87 of87
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••