Police: Small plane crash in St. Croix kills 3

Oct 29, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fort Mill Times

ST. CROIX, U.S. Virgin Islands -- A small plane crashed into a field and burst into flames shortly after taking off Thursday in St.

Comments
81 - 88 of 88 Comments Last updated Feb 17, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Tim and Becky Wrighton

Kennesaw, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

David was a dynamic guy that could do just about anything- He will be missed. Once you met David he was a friend for life.
BULL

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2010

We just returned from the BVI. The entire vacation we were in the caribbean I couldn't help but think of David and the trips down to St Croix. Because of David and Alex, I and my entire family love the place. It has been some time since the accident but many of us still miss him and still keep him in our thoughts. While having a beer at the squadrons we often recall some of the great memories from the Islands. We still aspire to move to St Croix someday. To the good life! Thanks guys for showing us that.
Curt K

Dickinson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

lexi bentley wrote:
<quoted text>
you need to think twice about what you post online. David was my father and I personally think its VERY extremely RUDE to write anything negative about him. I am going thru a hard time enough and don't need to read horrible c omments from stupid people who have no respect. thank you very much for your consideration.
Dear Lexi,
I am so sorry - and shocked - to hear about the loss of your father. I just now found out about the accident. He was a good man. I knew him from 2003-2004 in STX when my company was doing business with him. You probably won't remember me, but your father took you, your brothers, and me to Jump Up one night. I have pictures I would like you to have, so please email me your email address and I will forward them to you:
curtwk2@gmail.com. God bless you and your brothers.
Curt.
stall_out

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

Judged:

great example of how not landing on airports is a risk for significant injury. playing fast and loose with 135 might make someone fast and loose with W and B too
Son of David

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Bill Bohlke wrote:
David Bentley’s Explanation of FAR Violation:
In July 2005, the FAA advised me that they were suspending my license based on documentary evidence that I was conducting Part 135 flight operations without the proper certificate and license. On September 9, 2005 I received an Order Of Suspension that suspended my license for 15 days retroactive from June 28th 2005 through July 13, 2005. The FAA never took my license and nothing further has come from this.
David Bentley’s Explanation of Accident:
On November 19th 1995 I was flying my aircraft, N54001, a Piper Aztec from CIC to TIW. On Approach we noticed that we did not have three green lights on the gear. After several attempts were made to put the gear down, I landed and the front nose gear collapsed causing prop strikes on both engines. The cause was found to be improper maintenance and the insurance company gave a CTL for 55K. No violations or incidents occurred from this accident.
I hope you reveal yourself. I know this isn't really bohlke or anyone associated with him, and I also know this was about 3 years ago. But me missing my father greatly and coming across something like this makes me sick to my stomach and I would love to get the chance to talk to you just to see what the fuck was going through your head when you said that.
beau bentley

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

jstone wrote:
The pilot crashed a light twin in St.Barths a couple of years ago...no serious injuries
he was a private pilot, not an FAA charter pilot with a 135 cert. The flight was a charter flight by a private pilot
Thats complete bullshit and I would love for you to come out of the shadows you and admit who you are. My father never crashed and plane in st. barths and it wasn't a charter flight it was him a mechanic and a student pilot who last minutes asked if he could come fly to receive more right seat hours. Wouldn't be surprised if Bill Bolke made this post, the biggest scumbag on st. croix
Alexandra Bentley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Beau - the St. Bart's flight in reference was a trip your dad and I made to the island to meet the Hickenbothams for a short getaway. A tire blew on landing and we had to get it changed. Things like that happen, especially on Caribbean runways where there is often some coral mixed into the asphalt and it's tough on tires. There wasn't a crash of any kind involved, nor was it a charter, nor were there any injuries whatsoever. I don't believe it was Bohlke who made those posts to this site. A certain former partner named after a squirrel that hangs out with a moose is much more likely to be the culprit. I hope you're enjoying Colorado! If you ever want to talk about your dad and the last six years of his life, just hit me up.
Gary Lloyd

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Can someone present the facts surrounding this story?
Is there a news article somewhere?
Who was "Captain King?"
Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••