Police: Small plane crash in St. Croix kills 3

Oct 29, 2009 Full story: Fort Mill Times 88

ST. CROIX, U.S. Virgin Islands -- A small plane crashed into a field and burst into flames shortly after taking off Thursday in St.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
jstone

Christiansted, Virgin Islands, U.S.

#1 Oct 29, 2009
The pilot crashed a light twin in St.Barths a couple of years ago...no serious injuries

he was a private pilot, not an FAA charter pilot with a 135 cert. The flight was a charter flight by a private pilot
Infiniti04

Columbus, MS

#2 Oct 29, 2009
Rest in peace David! We will most certainly miss you!
rachel

El Paso, TX

#3 Oct 30, 2009
My uncle was in that crash, RIP Captain King.
Mary Barnard

Kingstown, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

#4 Oct 30, 2009
Please accept our family's sincerest condolences. Captain King was one in a million. He was a gentleman with a huge heart.
We will miss him.
judy oren king

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

#5 Oct 30, 2009
Yes, RIP Elim, you would certainly be missed by your loved ones, friends.
Sandra FJ

Fort Campbell, TN

#6 Oct 30, 2009
I think my good friend Mark was on the plane. Is there a way to confirm who was on the plane? I don't want to call his parents yet - just in case the Red Cross has not been able to contact them.
Kornel StCroix

United States

#8 Oct 30, 2009
RIP Captain King, was a great guy, will be missed.
Steve C

Biloxi, MS

#9 Oct 30, 2009
Sandra FJ wrote:
I think my good friend Mark was on the plane. Is there a way to confirm who was on the plane? I don't want to call his parents yet - just in case the Red Cross has not been able to contact them.
Sandra,

Mark A. was on the plane, it was confirmed by the Red Cross as reported by a close friend. He was a dear friend of mine and is sadly missed. I believe that he was on guard duty in St. Croix, so the military will probably have contacted them.~ Steve
nw family friends

Portland, OR

#10 Oct 30, 2009
Deeply sorry for this tragedy! David you will be missed by many!! Our thoughts and prayers to the family!
mitzie

United States

#11 Oct 30, 2009
steve you are right mark was on that plane, my family is in shock of the loss of mark. please say many prayer's thank you.
mitzie

United States

#12 Oct 30, 2009
Sandra FJ wrote:
sandra it was mark and his parent's know...
Steve C

Biloxi, MS

#13 Oct 31, 2009
Mitzie or Sandra,

I would like to offer my assistance and condolences to the family. Mark and I were boating neighbors and I spoke with him just before he left for St. Croix. All I know is that his parents and family are in Tennessee. Please forward their contact information to my email at cadsigns@cableone.net. Thanks ~ Steve
Sandra FJ

Fort Campbell, TN

#14 Oct 31, 2009
Steve - I sent the information via your email address.
The Brights

Ocean Springs, MS

#15 Oct 31, 2009
Mark was a dear friend to us in Ocean Springs. We rode out Hurricane Katrina together, laughed, cried, broke bread,boated, fished, and lived life closely for the last few years. This is such a shock.
Our condolences to Rachel, Cris, and his family. We will miss him very much.
May peace be with you Mark.
Pls. Steve, Sandra or Mitzie, we would like to assist the family if possible--pls send family address to beehive1958@cableone.net
Thank you
Jimmy & Barbara
Bill Bohlke

United States

#16 Oct 31, 2009
David Bentley’s Explanation of FAR Violation:

In July 2005, the FAA advised me that they were suspending my license based on documentary evidence that I was conducting Part 135 flight operations without the proper certificate and license. On September 9, 2005 I received an Order Of Suspension that suspended my license for 15 days retroactive from June 28th 2005 through July 13, 2005. The FAA never took my license and nothing further has come from this.

David Bentley’s Explanation of Accident:

On November 19th 1995 I was flying my aircraft, N54001, a Piper Aztec from CIC to TIW. On Approach we noticed that we did not have three green lights on the gear. After several attempts were made to put the gear down, I landed and the front nose gear collapsed causing prop strikes on both engines. The cause was found to be improper maintenance and the insurance company gave a CTL for 55K. No violations or incidents occurred from this accident.
Aubrey

Ottawa, Canada

#17 Nov 1, 2009
Elim was the best. A man bestowed wih the most benevolent heart. There are not many like him left in this world. You would always remain in my heart God less your family
rachel

El Paso, TX

#18 Nov 2, 2009
So this guy was crashing plane left and right, and still a damn pilot. Is this what i'm reading?
Bill Bohlke wrote:
David Bentley’s Explanation of FAR Violation:
In July 2005, the FAA advised me that they were suspending my license based on documentary evidence that I was conducting Part 135 flight operations without the proper certificate and license. On September 9, 2005 I received an Order Of Suspension that suspended my license for 15 days retroactive from June 28th 2005 through July 13, 2005. The FAA never took my license and nothing further has come from this.
David Bentley’s Explanation of Accident:
On November 19th 1995 I was flying my aircraft, N54001, a Piper Aztec from CIC to TIW. On Approach we noticed that we did not have three green lights on the gear. After several attempts were made to put the gear down, I landed and the front nose gear collapsed causing prop strikes on both engines. The cause was found to be improper maintenance and the insurance company gave a CTL for 55K. No violations or incidents occurred from this accident.
Friends of Mark

Nashville, TN

#19 Nov 2, 2009
My fiance drills with Mark in the 228th in Knoxville. I had the great pleasure of meeting Mark finally this last past June at Keesler AFB. We had lunch and spent some time on his sailboat. What a great guy!He will so be missed!
I know that my fiance was looking forward to drilling with him one last time in two weeks in Knoxville.
Condolances and prayers go out to his family from the both of us. Please can you forward address of family to alan.deaton@gmail.com
KPG

Montgomery, AL

#20 Nov 2, 2009
rachel wrote:
So this guy was crashing plane left and right, and still a damn pilot. Is this what i'm reading?
<quoted text>
To defend David... OMG, how did you come to the conclusion he was "crashing planes left and right?" I'm a military pilot who's know David for many years. He was an experienced pilot who expertly landed an aircraft with a gear malfunction. Having your license suspended for 15 days is not an accident. Don’t know why someone would post that information – maybe the name Bohlke has something to do with it. Very petty….
Lexi Bentley

Buffalo, NY

#21 Nov 2, 2009
David Bentley is my father and I would really appreciate it if you people could keep the negative infomation out of any posts. This is hard enough dealing with his sudden death I don't need to read any posts online bashing my dad. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central America Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A haunting look at Cold War-era Cuban power plant 4 hr James 1
Reports from Cuba: Of jails in Cuba 4 hr John Grimbaldson 4
Cuban Cars for Tyro 7 hr John Grimbaldsun 11
Gay democracy activist in Cuba awaits sentencin... 7 hr John Grimbaldsun 22
I'M No Isis Point Man 11 hr Pasterd_NY_NY laT... 2
Venezuela's Election to UN Security Council Can... 11 hr John Grimbaldsun 21
Faced with US government embargo, Cuba's black ... 11 hr John Grimbaldsun 2

Central America People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE