Cuba cracks down on dissidents on Rights Day

Dec 10, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Miami Herald

Cuban police have detained more than 100 dissidents and put another 100 to 150 under house arrest in an island-wide crackdown to block any gatherings marking International Human Rights Day on Monday, according to government opponents.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Dec 11, 2012
Compassionate One

Selma, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 11, 2012
 
If this is true - shame on Cuba!
Roberto

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 11, 2012
 
Compassionate One wrote:
If this is true - shame on Cuba!
You know is true...don't you??
Compassionate One

Selma, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 11, 2012
 
Roberto wrote:
<quoted text>
You know is true...don't you??
Yes! Just like I know it is "true" that U.S. military drones are killing innocent women and children in Afghanastan!
Liger BFF

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 11, 2012
 
Roberto wrote:
<quoted text>
You know is true...don't you??
Your idol, Batista killed 20,000 innocent people but yet when I speak to your junta they not only play it down but many say that those killed had it coming.

You are a disgusting right wing fascist monster .

""Fulgencio Batista murdered 20,000 Cubans in seven years "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulgencio_Batist...
Liger BFF

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 11, 2012
 
Compassionate One wrote:
<quoted text>Yes! Just like I know it is "true" that U.S. military drones are killing innocent women and children in Afghanastan!
This is a known picture of one of "Roberto's" family members who at the time was enjoying the Batistian fascist regime.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
Compassionate One

Selma, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 11, 2012
 
Liger BFF wrote:
<quoted text>
Your idol, Batista killed 20,000 innocent people but yet when I speak to your junta they not only play it down but many say that those killed had it coming.
You are a disgusting right wing fascist monster .
""Fulgencio Batista murdered 20,000 Cubans in seven years "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulgencio_Batist...
Yo are correct! And the U.S. supported Batista and stood by and watched this happen! Why? Batista allowed U.S. corporate businsses have control in Cuba not to mention the U.S. mafia!
Liger BFF

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 11, 2012
 
Compassionate One wrote:
<quoted text>Yes! Just like I know it is "true" that U.S. military drones are killing innocent women and children in Afghanastan!
Can you imagine if not for the USA federal gvmt what the majority of Roberto's Miami Cuban politicos would have turned Miami into?

As is with the federal gvmt ,it is ranked as worse run and one of most corrupt places in USA.
Roberto

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 11, 2012
 
Compassionate One wrote:
<quoted text>Yes! Just like I know it is "true" that U.S. military drones are killing innocent women and children in Afghanastan!
I really can't understand why you people always mix one thing with the other?
Me neither agree with the unfortunstely kiling of children,but we must remembee that this is the Cuba forum not the Afghanistan forum!
Merry Christmas CG!
Compassionate One

Selma, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Liger BFF wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine if not for the USA federal gvmt what the majority of Roberto's Miami Cuban politicos would have turned Miami into?
As is with the federal gvmt ,it is ranked as worse run and one of most corrupt places in USA.
Yes! And the politicians sent to Washington from South Florida are the reason the Embargo is kept in place. It is to their advantage to keep the status quo - radio and t.v. Marti are prime examples of millions of U.S. taxpayer $$$$ going down a Cuban American rathole in Miami!
Liger BFF

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 11, 2012
 
Roberto wrote:
<quoted text>
I really can't understand why you people always mix one thing with the other?
Me neither agree with the unfortunstely kiling of children,but we must remembee that this is the Cuba forum not the Afghanistan forum!
Merry Christmas CG!
Chico tienes razon ,se lo fue la mano ,pero el problema es la falta de respecto que le tienes a cherokee y por eso tenemos todos los problemas que tenemos en este foro.
Roberto

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 11, 2012
 
Compassionate One wrote:
<quoted text>Yes! And the politicians sent to Washington from South Florida are the reason the Embargo is kept in place. It is to their advantage to keep the status quo - radio and t.v. Marti are prime examples of millions of U.S. taxpayer $$$$ going down a Cuban American rathole in Miami!
But the dissidents have nothing to do with that!Cuba's solution will be wgen the Castros die and a new Cuban generation take the power,which I hope will happen under Omaba presidency!
Liger BFF

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 11, 2012
 
Compassionate One wrote:
<quoted text>Yes! And the politicians sent to Washington from South Florida are the reason the Embargo is kept in place. It is to their advantage to keep the status quo - radio and t.v. Marti are prime examples of millions of U.S. taxpayer $$$$ going down a Cuban American rathole in Miami!
100% FAILED Cuba libre charades , ALL USA TAX Payer funds while a selective few Miami Cubans line their pockets , all friends of the Miami Cubab political mafia.

"Congress Freezes Funding For Cuba Group Accused of Theft"

Congress has put the U.S. Agency for International Development’s $45 million Cuba program’s 2008 funding on hold, following a series of troubling audits and cases of massive fraud, The Miami Herald has learned.

In a quest to get the funding hold lifted, U.S. AID on Friday ordered a bottoms-up review of all its Cuba democracy programs and suspended a Miami anti-Castro exile group that spent at least $11,000 of federal grant money on personal items.

Rep. Howard Berman, D-Calif., ordered a hold on the U.S. AID Cuba program funding last month, in part in response to a $500,000 embezzlement at the Center for a Free Cuba in Washington disclosed earlier this year, federal officials said.

Rep. Howard Berman continued to amp up the pressure today, saying the amount embezzled amounts to $700,000.

Berman’s been pushing for a “fresh ideas” in the U.S. policy toward Cuba

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/200...
Liger BFF

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 11, 2012
 
Roberto wrote:
<quoted text>
But the dissidents have nothing to do with that!Cuba's solution will be wgen the Castros die and a new Cuban generation take the power,which I hope will happen under Omaba presidency!
I pray that Cherokee is the new Cuban president after the Castro's are gone and my good frind WJDC and I are able to sit side by side at Cherokee's inauguration.

I see this as the only possible hope for Cuba.
Liger BFF

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 11, 2012
 
Roberto wrote:
<quoted text>
But the dissidents have nothing to do with that!Cuba's solution will be wgen the Castros die and a new Cuban generation take the power,which I hope will happen under Omaba presidency!
Raul has everything in place to leave Cuba ASAP but it looks like he has not been able to get citizenship in France where he has family.

He can not find a country that is stable as far as having a friend stay in power .

He is having a hard time holding power and even the block spies are gone.

“MonoLechuza Idiota”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 11, 2012
 
Compassionate One wrote:
If this is true - proud of Cuba!
AAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!! me no wanna die and go to hell with che and lucifer...AAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!. ...Me wanna live and be comandante & presidente....me kiss crucifix.....me very scared of going to eternal damnation.....AAAAYYYYYY!...fi delisimo say he would save me.....he cut my azz off and gave a plastic bag on my stomach to move my bowels........he cut me up for nothing!! AAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!..the kaposi is everywhere...me gonna die....me no wanna die!...me afraid of what waits on the other side.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••