Nicaragua: New "Friends" Lure Victims into Taxi Kidnappings

Jul 28, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WorldTravelWatch.com

The U.S. Embassy in Managua reported that nearly a dozen taxi kidnappings occurred in the past month in several areas, including around the international airport, along bus routes to and from San Juan del Sur, San Jorge, Granada, Managua, Esteli and Masaya, and in the city of Managua.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 44 of44
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
minerva

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

the problem in the whole world is that useless mother #$%^&* criminals are aloud to reproduce like roaches and this type of caveman plague is going to destroy the world at the end.
criminals are the @#$%^&* of the earth.
do what china does to whomever dares to steal or commit other crimes.
Randy

Baghdad, Iraq

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Yes Asia is a great place I have spent months there and will be going back
brinniewales

Managua, Nicaragua

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Kathy wrote:
We would like any comments on areas of to live in Nicaragua. We are senior citizens and would like to retire in a safe place with people our own age. We are not wealthy so we would be looking for moderate costs of rental housing and also close to good medical facilities. My husband and I would like to continue to work part time, any thoughts or ideas about employment?
Nicaragua is a wonderful country for retirees. There are numerous government perks (Law 306) for retirees who seek residency (a 90-180 day process). The colonial city of Leon, in the District of Leon (90 KM north of the capital city Managua) is a beautiful, inexpensive area in which to live. There are two beach communities within 20 KM and each has a great mix of Nicas, Canadians, Americans, Europeans. The foreigners vary in age from their 20s up to 80s. Crime is very low, cost of living is low, as is the cost of medical care. Medical facilities are nearby in Leon (university city) as well as in Managua (Vivian Pellas Metropolitano Hospital. Private clinics, hospitals, doctors, and dentists abound and, by North American/European standards, the fees are very reasonable.
A furnished two bedroom, one bath rental house (no A/C) in the beach community of Las Penitas is about USD $300/month. Utilities are approximately USD $25/month. The town sits on a direct bus line to Leon (hospitals, clinics, universities, 4-plex movie theater, numerous supermarkets (5 in the Walmart group). The bus service runs every 45 - 50 minutes from 5:30AM to 6:45PM. Managua is 90 minutes away on a 12 passenger mini-bus. This comfortable ride costs approximately USD $2. Taxis are slightly less than $1/per person in and around Leon.
Many people start their own businesses in Nicaragua or they continue with businesses they originated in their home countries (via computer). The government is very supportive of investors and offers numerous perks as encouragement.
Hope this helps. I don't know if this forum allows direct contact via email, but I'll try this: you can email beachpropertynicaragua@aol.com and I'll try to answer any further questions you may have.

Since: Mar 13

Berlin, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

So sad when people do such things and such a shame for the country of Nicaragua as a whole as it will put people off travelling there and I am sure it is lovely. Shows that you really need to be careful and use your common sense when travelling.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 44 of44
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••