Mallick: Canadian anti-Idle No More racism grows online

Jan 13, 2013 Full story: The Toronto Star 174

It turns out that writing a column about Idle No More and the ongoing battle by Indians in Canada for fair treatment attracts racists the way a wet lawn calls out to worms.

Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
bullcrap

Edmonton, Canada

#1 Jan 17, 2013
If the indians have separate laws why shouldn't muslims have sharia law? This is racist to all muslims. If muslims blocked roads and threated their "wariors" on canadian citizens would the police stand idly by and watch?
Hun

Duncan, Canada

#2 Jan 17, 2013
"Fair" treatment is what every Canadian should get,it is not exclusive to natives.Heather Mallick is as stupid as Spence.
gino

Castlegar, Canada

#3 Jan 17, 2013
yes the cast society that FN's want is what is racist Canadians in General want complete equality
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Delta, Canada

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Canadians are racist...
Hun

Duncan, Canada

#5 Jan 17, 2013
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE wrote:
Canadians are racist...
Anyone who has read other postings by this person knows they are the most racist hateful person on Topix.Pot calling the kettle black.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Delta, Canada

#6 Jan 17, 2013
Hun wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone who has read other postings by this person knows they are the most racist hateful person on Topix.Pot calling the kettle black.
racist whites like you turned me into a racist
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

#7 Jan 17, 2013
4:17 pm, Thursday, January 17, 2013:
RE: Mallick: Canadian anti-Idle No More racism grows online
..... The Constitution says something about aboriginals of Canada, and this must be obeyed. So must all valid treaties. Payments out of the taxes paid pool to aboriginals should be regarded as rent payable to aboriginals for the use of their land. We are friends!
well

Hamilton, Canada

#8 Jan 17, 2013
No matter where sub humans live they will be poor and uneducated.
Hun

Duncan, Canada

#9 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Who said I was white,chink?

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 12

Tanner Flats

#10 Jan 17, 2013
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE IS RACIST COMMIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a racist because that's what the Bureau of propaganda tells you to be, slave. <-o
Anish

Istanbul, Turkey

#11 Jan 19, 2013
bullcrap wrote:
If the indians have separate laws why shouldn't muslims have sharia law? This is racist to all muslims. If muslims blocked roads and threated their "wariors" on canadian citizens would the police stand idly by and watch?
No, because Canada and it's citizens are the biggest hypocrites in the world. Maybe you ought to look at it this way. The colonial government came to Canada, imposed it's laws, took the land, gave land to the church, AND gave more freedom (and land) to the new comers. How is this any different than if Saudi Arabia decided to come to Canada next year, impose it's Sharia law, all land belonging to the Caliph, give land to the mosque, and more freedom for newcomers and followers?

Now, if this happened next year, what would you do? Would you fight back? What if they crushed you, and kept you suppressed for 150 years, then one day you and your fellow 'original' Canadians gained enough strength to have a voice, and fought back against the Caliph to gain your land and freedom back? Or would you just give in, and pray 5 times a day for the rest of your life like a good boy?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#12 Jan 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Racist Chinese like you are one of the very reasons I want immigration to stop!

Quit blaming everyone else for your mental illness...

Location hidden

#13 Jan 19, 2013
Anish wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because Canada and it's citizens are the biggest hypocrites in the world. Maybe you ought to look at it this way. The colonial government came to Canada, imposed it's laws, took the land, gave land to the church, AND gave more freedom (and land) to the new comers. How is this any different than if Saudi Arabia decided to come to Canada next year, impose it's Sharia law, all land belonging to the Caliph, give land to the mosque, and more freedom for newcomers and followers?
Now, if this happened next year, what would you do? Would you fight back? What if they crushed you, and kept you suppressed for 150 years, then one day you and your fellow 'original' Canadians gained enough strength to have a voice, and fought back against the Caliph to gain your land and freedom back? Or would you just give in, and pray 5 times a day for the rest of your life like a good boy?
According to Archeologists, Europeans were the first to settle in North America. Not Indians. Get your facts straight!
Anish

Istanbul, Turkey

#14 Jan 19, 2013
PURELYCANADIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Archeologists, Europeans were the first to settle in North America. Not Indians. Get your facts straight!
Get my facts straight?'According' to which Archeologists? Can you cite an acceptable reference? Are you referring to the Vikings who came to a small part of Newfoundland around 1000, only to fail and leave (or kicked out)? The same place that was inhabited by indigenous peoples 7000 years prior?

Location hidden

#15 Jan 19, 2013
Anish wrote:
<quoted text>
Get my facts straight?'According' to which Archeologists? Can you cite an acceptable reference? Are you referring to the Vikings who came to a small part of Newfoundland around 1000, only to fail and leave (or kicked out)? The same place that was inhabited by indigenous peoples 7000 years prior?
North America has been inhabited a lot longer then 7000 years. There are archeological finds to support more then 20,000 years. And the tools found, support European technology!

The discovery of "Kennewick Man" is also evidence that Europeans were here before the Olmecs and Clovis people. The Solutrean theory is widely known now and lets face it....people like you are just pissed, cause you would rather throw around the invader bullshit! It's always whitey who gets the blame.
Wallflower

London, Canada

#16 Jan 19, 2013
PURELYCANADIAN wrote:
<quoted text>

You are right, Indians never settled in North America. They stayed in India. Native Americans have been here for 5000+years.

Location hidden

#17 Jan 19, 2013
Wallflower wrote:
PURELYCANADIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, Indians never settled in North America. They stayed in India. Native Americans have been here for 5000+years.
Native Americans? You mean the Clovis? Migrants from Asia, who were later dubbed Native Indians.
Anish

Istanbul, Turkey

#18 Jan 19, 2013
Hahah, you've established the Europeans were here first because of prehistoric skeletal remains of an indigenous person. Those remains are not of your ancestors, they are said to be of south pacific decent. Maybe you don't realize, but it really comes down to who has been living here and is STILL living here, and who committed the hideous acts of genocide to those people. If those remains are of south pacific decent, then maybe the indigenous people in NA are originally from there, who cares. The fact of the matter is, we are still here, and have been using this land longer than European settlers who came with a pre-established government and strategy, the one you whole-heartedly support with your open hand straight in the air. If you want to get into pre-historic theories, why don't you go try to take over Africa, oh wait, you did.

Besides the point, you love to pipe in with your pseudo-supremecy theories, even when I wasn't directing my questions towards you. Sounds like you have a bit of a problem. Maybe you should get out and contribute to society a little bit, 2,310 posts since July? 2 mins a post (minimum), that's like 70 days just making posts, you spend all your time just sitting on the computer ranting to strangers with your counter-theories don't you? Pathetic.

Location hidden

#19 Jan 19, 2013
Anish wrote:
Hahah, you've established the Europeans were here first because of prehistoric skeletal remains of an indigenous person. Those remains are not of your ancestors, they are said to be of south pacific decent. Maybe you don't realize, but it really comes down to who has been living here and is STILL living here, and who committed the hideous acts of genocide to those people. If those remains are of south pacific decent, then maybe the indigenous people in NA are originally from there, who cares. The fact of the matter is, we are still here, and have been using this land longer than European settlers who came with a pre-established government and strategy, the one you whole-heartedly support with your open hand straight in the air. If you want to get into pre-historic theories, why don't you go try to take over Africa, oh wait, you did.
Besides the point, you love to pipe in with your pseudo-supremecy theories, even when I wasn't directing my questions towards you. Sounds like you have a bit of a problem. Maybe you should get out and contribute to society a little bit, 2,310 posts since July? 2 mins a post (minimum), that's like 70 days just making posts, you spend all your time just sitting on the computer ranting to strangers with your counter-theories don't you? Pathetic.
The fact that you don't like these newer theories is your problem, not mine. And furthermore this has nothing to do with white Supremacy, although I know many white supremacists who are falling back on this theory. But Like I said, people like you enjoy throwing around the invader BS, blaming whitey for everything.

As for my posts, your just pissed that there is finally someone to counter your stupid fcking remarks! Like I've said before, you wouldn't be flapping your gums about, if we didn't have something that you want. You're just jealous of our accomplishments.

Location hidden

#20 Jan 19, 2013
Anish wrote:
And when the did Europeans ever take over Africa???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Video editing software (Apr '14) 2 hr Cory Trevor 2
Indians will rule Canada by 2020 (Jan '11) 2 hr Str8 gutter 2,064
Harper continues to resist calls for missing ab... 3 hr Duke of Westminster 7
Palestinians tell Canada to back Geneva Convent... 3 hr Grau 3
Catholic board trustees want report on possible... 9 hr WiFi 1
Councillor, MP differ on Town's stimulus share (Nov '09) 17 hr sounds like Wynne... 15
Stateless Yukon man, 60, ponders declaring refu... 21 hr Chief Sukdik 2
More from around the web