BREAKING NEWS: Apparent Hostage Situation Unfolds In Burbank

Full story: NBC 5 Chicago

Police are at the scene of an apparent hostage situation in suburban Burbank at this hour.
Comments
1 - 20 of 98 Comments Last updated Mar 6, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Clear Cut

AOL

#1 May 19, 2008
My sister is a teacher in a nearby school. She was told by a gym teacher there that it might be a hostage situation. Their school is on lockdown.
Question

Atlanta, GA

#2 May 19, 2008
More stupid people in our world. Just go take him down already.
Where

New York, NY

#3 May 19, 2008
And where is Barack Obama at the moment?
any more news

Arlington Heights, IL

#4 May 19, 2008
I heard that there is swat all over the place.
Just My Opinion

Orland Park, IL

#5 May 19, 2008
Where wrote:
And where is Barack Obama at the moment?
what does that have to do with a hostage situation?
Just My Opinion

Orland Park, IL

#6 May 19, 2008
I hope they catch him and he doesn't get away. society does not need anymore violent people in the world. and I am glad that the school in the area is taking precautions because of this. Prayerfully everything will end as peacefully as possible.
Amanda

Glenview, IL

#7 May 19, 2008
I know someone who is at the scene. According to them they just threw tear gas through the windows. Just an FYI
tom

Eden Prairie, MN

#8 May 19, 2008
what school? also is the hostage situation at the school?
Clear Cut wrote:
My sister is a teacher in a nearby school. She was told by a gym teacher there that it might be a hostage situation. Their school is on lockdown.
Tina

Western Springs, IL

#9 May 19, 2008
No it is not at the school. I live across the street from the school, channel five said it is on rutherford and 81st, a few blocks over from me.
Dave

Chicago, IL

#10 May 19, 2008
The School Board President placed the schools on lockdown (nobody in / out) to protect the children... but none are in danger, it is a precautionary measure. The hostage situation is in a home at 81st and Rutherford.
After seeing how Burbank Police handle other situations... I just hope they get the help of a COMPETENT police department. They are still trying to solve cases that happened YEARS ago that everyone in town knows who committed the crimes!
Dave

Chicago, IL

#11 May 19, 2008
tom wrote:
what school? also is the hostage situation at the school?
<quoted text>
Knowing the Burbank Police as well as I do... I hope they got the right house!
Dave

Chicago, IL

#12 May 19, 2008
Amanda wrote:
I know someone who is at the scene. According to them they just threw tear gas through the windows. Just an FYI
Knowing the Burbank Police as well as I do... I hope they got the right house!
Clear Cut

AOL

#13 May 19, 2008
No, it isn't at the school itself. My sister is at the Jacqueline B. Kennedy school and as of ten minutes or so ago is still on lockdown.
Doug

United States

#14 May 19, 2008
Are all Burbank schools on lockdown?
Joe

AOL

#15 May 19, 2008
It's a shame Dave you're a "know-it-all" and have such negative comments when it comes to the police - why don't you try becoming one and find how how much fun it really is. I hope you remember your negative comments when you need one.
Raquel

Chicago, IL

#16 May 19, 2008
Yes, I called my daughters school (Byrd) and they are all on lockdown.
walska13

Brookfield, IL

#17 May 19, 2008
if its the house that i believe i heard the guy was having problems with his wife..
Burbank Parent

United States

#18 May 19, 2008
Don't fool yourself. The School Board President doesn't have that kind of authority! The Burbank Police Department had the Administration lock down the schools. The incompenent one is the superintendent of the elementary schools. The district has an automated phone system to notify parents of these things and after 4 hours, no one has received a call yet. We've gotten our information from the police and / or media.
deb

River Grove, IL

#19 May 19, 2008
Amanda wrote:
who do u know for the department? what are they doing now any updates?
pinky

Evanston, IL

#20 May 19, 2008
Question wrote:
More stupid people in our world. Just go take him down already.
I agree!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Canadian laboratory team evacuated from Ebola z... 1 hr no April Fools joke 1
Canada's jets edge closer to Russian airspace 1 hr UKRAINE in NATO 12
Canada's jets, part of NATO mission, edge close... 1 hr NAZI RUSSIA 4
Sen. Ted Cruz Formally Renounces Canadian Citiz... 2 hr Swedenforever 3
Russia's actions amount to 'invasion,' Canadian... 7 hr Former Marine 7
A bear in the streets of Toronto. Cab terrified 9 hr joe84849 1
A brear in the streets of Toronto, cab terrified 9 hr joez56757 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••