Comments
1 - 20 of 65 Comments Last updated Jun 23, 2014
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Janice

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 25, 2012
 

Judged:

8

6

3

I would like to start a debate on something dear to my heart. I am canadian born and I out of work since last year. My friends are also canadian women who are also out of work since last year. We are all educated and highly skilled but immigrants are being hired over us in the city of ottawa. We are being left behind. Two of use are bilingual but that still doesnt help. Its highly insulting when a foreign person whose new to canada gets a job over us when we are canadian. We are the age range of 38-45...
stop stealing our women

Richmond, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 30, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

you know yellow fever?

being an Asian man in Canada is humiliating and insulting too.

White guys are taking our women. we don't have a chance of getting any women.

therefore, Canada must stop immigration and stop stealing our women.

i hope our women (Asian women) all get deported back to our own countries so that we can have a chance.
Hmm

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

To Janice: Are you complaining about the public or private sector hiring? If it's private sector, I don't really see your point. Do you want affirmative action?
stop stealing our women

Richmond, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

of course, yellow fever you know. White guys like Asian women. that is why they hire Asian women.

immigration is hurting Asian men and then White women.
SHYKORA ARTs paul

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Janice wrote:
I would like to start a debate on something dear to my heart. I am canadian born and I out of work since last year. My friends are also canadian women who are also out of work since last year. We are all educated and highly skilled but immigrants are being hired over us in the city of ottawa. We are being left behind. Two of use are bilingual but that still doesnt help. Its highly insulting when a foreign person whose new to canada gets a job over us when we are canadian. We are the age range of 38-45...
...''agree'',here...eh..(+)..
SHYKORA ARTs paul

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Hmm wrote:
To Janice: Are you complaining about the public or private sector hiring? If it's private sector, I don't really see your point. Do you want affirmative action?
...you's are very...naiive and ignorant,here on dHis ...Issue...eh..

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

5

4

2

Hellywood wrote:
Here is your main problem bigot. Many uneducated White Canadians always assume that every person of colour is not Canadian. Many of the people you claim are "foreign" are not foreign or immigrants. The mere fact you can not use "white privilege" to your advantage speaks to your "education". So next time you see a Black, Brown, or Yellow person get a job over you, say "another Canadian person got the job over you". Thank you. Racist.
If they are hyphenated Canadians, they are not Canadians.

You can't be Canadian and also something else.

Hyphenated citizendry needs to go.

I only wave the Cdn flag, how about you?
Hun

Courtenay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 2, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Canadian women wanted equality with their male counterparts,now they have it.This form of discrimination against white males has been prevelant in this country since the 1980s.
Hmm

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 2, 2012
 

Judged:

4

2

2

So affirmative action is okay as long as it's for whites, I gather

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 3, 2012
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Hellywood wrote:
Here is your main problem bigot. Many uneducated White Canadians always assume that every person of colour is not Canadian. Many of the people you claim are "foreign" are not foreign or immigrants. The mere fact you can not use "white privilege" to your advantage speaks to your "education". So next time you see a Black, Brown, or Yellow person get a job over you, say "another Canadian person got the job over you". Thank you. Racist.
Spoken by one of the biggest racists here on Topix!

Education has nothing to do with these immigrants who are taking over jobs in this country, and it has nothing to do with racism. Many immigrants have a very low education and can't even speak English, so fckoff already.

You can't very well expect white Canadians to not bitch about this, just because they do, doesn't mean they are racist, or uneducated. Priority has been given to immigrants, and landed immigrants are offering jobs to other immigrants, not to white Canadians. That's discrimination. So piss off with your racist accusations. Nobody is buying your bullshit views on it anyway. Everybody has a right to voice their opinions without being called racist. So the next time you want to pull the race card, than try going to a KKK thread on this forum, you LOSER!

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

The 'Shwa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 3, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Hellywood wrote:
It was racist whites who demanded everything being "hyphenated". Its part of the "discourse of otherness".
Nice pretzel logic. It was racist to let immigrants "retain" their nationality as opposed to forcing them to assimilate.
Did you post that bit of dipshittery before or after medication time in your ward?
dontmessupmyorde r

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 3, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

stop stealing our women wrote:
of course, yellow fever you know. White guys like Asian women. that is why they hire Asian women.
immigration is hurting Asian men and then White women.
I have had sex with white, asian, black, native indian, east indian chicks at one time of another. I like a big buffet to choose from, based on my mood at the moment. Females are just sometimes really bitchy and nagging regardless of their ethnicity, social, family, or workplace relationship status to you. If they have a vagina, they will whine and nag about various things! This is very much true 1 time every month. Trying to mentally tune them out works with various success.
Haha

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 4, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

canadian women are lazy with no work ethic
HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM M

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Naturally Wired wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are hyphenated Canadians, they are not Canadians.
You can't be Canadian and also something else.
Hyphenated citizendry needs to go.
I only wave the Cdn flag, how about you?
Canadian = born here and in canadian culture. We are white native and black. The rest of you are all foreign and not canadian! You foreignors flag your flag over my flag anyday. You dont give a hoot about us or our country u only steal what u can from it. You were not invited here in case u ever wondered and by the way I am not racist you immigrants are the racists u dont change and are rude cocky liars, treat women as second class shit and form gangs.....
HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM M

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

stop stealing our women wrote:
you know yellow fever?
being an Asian man in Canada is humiliating and insulting too.
White guys are taking our women. we don't have a chance of getting any women.
therefore, Canada must stop immigration and stop stealing our women.
i hope our women (Asian women) all get deported back to our own countries so that we can have a chance.
Well at least your women get good jobs. Our canadian white women get leftover scraps and its our country. Why should a foreign person who is get a job over people born here there is no logical reason for it. Id love to stop immigration the only decent place left in canada now is the east coast because there are few foreign people there..........
Now we have no jobs left,and our wages are going down every day. Its unsafe in our streets. People are leaving toronto all the time due to the gangs. These men with 4 wives should been all deported immediately I dont care what your religion is its barbaric..........

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well at least your women get good jobs. Our canadian white women get leftover scraps and its our country. Why should a foreign person who is get a job over people born here there is no logical reason for it. Id love to stop immigration the only decent place left in canada now is the east coast because there are few foreign people there..........
Now we have no jobs left,and our wages are going down every day. Its unsafe in our streets. People are leaving toronto all the time due to the gangs. These men with 4 wives should been all deported immediately I dont care what your religion is its barbaric..........
Yeah, what a pissoff when someone else gets the job, just because they are a minority. It seems to be especially true in politics for being an eligible candidate these days.

The immigrant seems to have every advantage and then some to claim their right to the best of the best...and all just because they are a minority in one way or another.
Born in Canada

Woodbridge, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 18, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

2

I was born in Canada, educated with both a degree and post graduate training, certificates and have sociable personality yet I have been marginally employed because the immigrants that come to this country will be hired over me being a white male (a bad thing today). I can not even get an interview and have already lived along the poverty line my entire life so far, especially during University to be able to get good grades. It is impossible to live a normal life let alone think about starting a family. This country is a flipping joke and has betrayed its own born citizens. No wonder there is supposedly no "culture" in this country when the government turns a blind eye to its native "citizens".
Hobo

Courtenay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I applied for the RCMP.According to the rejection letter I received, because I was a white male anglo phone I did not meet hiring standards.WHAT? I thought it was illegal in Canada to openly discriminate against someone because of race age religion and language.I guess they left the "except for white men" clause out of the Bill of Rights.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

thats because you cry baby whites have bankrupted your western countries...

only reason why Canada isnt worst off is because we have massive amounts of resources...

btw a degree and post graduate training certificates is not as good as these immigrants coming here on a points system with their PHDs

to top it off living a inflated high standard of living we westerners have been running up our nations credit card bills...

and not having enough kids

we basically need these immigrants to wipe your whiney a$$$$es as they change your adult diapers,

and to pay taxes... to help pay down our debt we as Canadians had no problem to run up...

thats why our country needs these immigrants and Investments from countries like China...

as you can see from the whiney babies crying about employment where in Alberta or further north in our Provinces, they cant find enough people to work

we have massive amounts of resources 89% of the country untouched, we have neither the people or the people willing to work nor the money to properly take advantage of them
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Canada’s job market mismatch puts economy at risk: CIBC

Will Campbell, Canadian Press | Dec 3, 2012 8:22 AM ET
More from Canadian Press

BloombergThe CIBC report breaks down the labour market divide into 25 “have” and 20 “have-not” occupations.

We have people without jobs and jobs without people

TORONTO — A CIBC report released Monday suggests Canada’s economic prosperity is at risk due to a labour market split that sees high-demand positions go unfilled while lower-skilled workers languish in unemployment.

“We have people without jobs and jobs without people,” said author and deputy economist Benjamin Tal.

The mismatch of companies unable to hire and people unable to find work is “simply big enough to impact the economy as a whole, our productivity, our potential growth and therefore our standard of living in the future,” Tal said.

Related
Canada has lost its economic bragging rights
Five things to watch for in the Bank of Canada’s rate decision
The CIBC report breaks down the labour market divide into 25 “have” and 20 “have-not” occupations.

It says the health and science fields, natural resources extraction, plumbing, social work, psychology and even the clergy are among the sectors that have openings, but not the people to fill them.

The report says “traditional” occupations such as clerical work, manufacturing labour, teaching and food services are seeing a glut of workers chasing a limited number of jobs.

“(People) in these kind of professions are actually not in demand and unfortunately there are too many of them,” Tal said, noting many seeking work in those fields are over the age of 45.

He said this group accounts for nearly one in five of Canada‘s unemployed, who are increasingly sidelined for more than six months.

And their skills, he said, are getting rusty or being rendered obsolete by employers’ ever shifting requirements, adding that even economic growth is unlikely to help them find employment.

“It’s not a cyclical story … those people — in a good economy — cannot find a job because they don’t have the skill set that the economy needs.”

Meanwhile, Tal said that almost one in three businesses is facing a skilled labour shortage, a number that has doubled in two years. He said the problem is worst in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario.

His research suggests those working in the 25 high-demand job groups face an unemployment rate of only 1%, while their real wage growth is booming at 3.9% annually. Meanwhile, wages for those working in the lesser-skilled group had no wage growth last year, the report suggests.
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/story.html...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Canada Forum right now

Search the Canada Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What's Behind Canada's Troubled Relationship Wi... 4 min chugs are POS 10
Sikh religion viewed unfavorably in B.C. (May '09) 7 hr FACT 10,943
Indians will rule Canada by 2020 (Jan '11) 8 hr FACT 2,031
Failure not an option; Harper may need to compr... 10 hr Nonfiction 1
..CBC....10,000...Children.... 16 hr SHYKORA PAUL arts 1
Malaysian MH17 tragedy points to sloppy America... 23 hr John 2
Share a good site of good quality handbags,shoe... Mon JossyElla168 11
•••
•••