The adoption search

Full story: Newsday 38
'You must be short," Dave Mills, 42, of Napanee in Ontario, Canada, remembers saying to his birth mom in the first five minutes of a phone call he waited so long to have. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Toni

Hicksville, NY

#21 Oct 3, 2007
To Joan-
I don't know where you are, but I would like to find a birthmom from Long Island to speak to....I want to speak to a face....these websites are great, but I want a real person to speak to.....
Toni from Hauppauge, LI, NY.
joan

Phoenix, AZ

#22 Oct 14, 2007
Toni wrote:
To Joan-
Your points were wonderful and much appreciated...I will look up the website you mentioned...
Thank you for your support.
A BIRTHMOM FROM 1967.......WHO WAS FINALLY REUNITED IN 2005.....
GREAT!!! Join our group too.
We can always use people who can help others search and share feelings.
Joan
joan

Phoenix, AZ

#23 Oct 14, 2007
REGDAY NOV 10, 2007

WWW.ISRR.NET

print off the forms, and mail them in.

This is a mutual consent registry for Parents and adoptees to be reunited.
Ask about search help at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nyadoptees

We can help with other states too.

Joan
joan

Phoenix, AZ

#25 Oct 17, 2007
Hi, just wanted to let everyone know , We had three reunions on our search site this week.

Joan
joan

Phoenix, AZ

#26 Oct 17, 2007
Hi, I just saw this tonight.
If you come to our site, I will be glad to get you in touch with a real person to talk to.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nyadoptees
Joan
Toni wrote:
To Joan-
I don't know where you are, but I would like to find a birthmom from Long Island to speak to....I want to speak to a face....these websites are great, but I want a real person to speak to.....
Toni from Hauppauge, LI, NY.
joan

Phoenix, AZ

#27 Oct 17, 2007
We can find out if there is a search/support group to attend. I know there is one in nyc.
I know there has to be something on Long Island.
Joan
Nancy

Olympia, WA

#28 Jun 28, 2008
I have searched for my birthmother for 40 years. She is now 90--I'm running out of time. My intermediary spelled my birthfather's name wrong so, until the intermediary died and another intermediary was appointed, my birthfather's family was not located. They found him six,(6) years after he died. He is the only person who would know more about my birthmother. I guess maybe she gave false info on the documents. My birth wasn't even in the papers. Women change their names and there is just no way to locate. There should be open records to all parties who agree to meet.

My birth siblings from my father do not want to meet me because it will upset their mother--who was not even engaged to my birthfather until a month after I was born. This has haunted me my whole life. I was deathly ill at age 2 and have always wanted medical info. My children want nationality info. I want answers. I have tried open letters to Social Security, U.S. military, and the IRS with no luck. I have paid numerous search agencies over the years with no luck. I have posted on line numerous places. There seems to be nothing else I can do to locate my birthmother. Every week I enter her maiden name to see if anything shows up. WOMEN--REFUSE TO CHANGE YOUR LAST NAME. Why should our lives be so complicated because of this???
Amy

Hudson, NY

#29 Nov 22, 2008
I've wanted to know who my birth parents are since around 7/8 when I found out I was adopted. When I asked my adopted mom why there aren't any pictures of me before I was 3 she made me feel extremely guilty for even asking. I was told too many stories of why I was adopted. So still I have no idea what the reason was due to the fact that I never got along with her, and as of now don't talk to her. My adopted dad does help me out money wise because I have 2 young kids but I could never ask him to help me pay for an investigator or any online sites to find my birth parents. I have no resources other than my computer which I can't do anything because I have to pay for everything. I dont have any family that could help me out due to the fact that I've had to avoid contact with just about all of them. Everything is pretty much here-say so im not even sure if the names are correct. If ANYONE has any kind of advice on where to start or just anything please let me know.

“Continually Updated from Net”

Since: Jan 07

A PBS place in an MTV world

#30 Nov 23, 2008
maybe also Genealogy ???

http://www.topix.com/hobbies/genealogy
Mohammed

Satellite Provider

#31 Feb 9, 2009
It's really amazing that 25% of americans and europeans women go on adopting and still yet claim to be strong believers of there religion. What is the excess of your religion when you don't get what you want from it. why cry all night because you feel you are barren or impotent,why not try the Islamic Mohamed believe and have your own child,You don't have to be a Muslim to have your own child and no body is asking you to be, be a true parent yourself, Do contact me at mac4on4@yahoo.com if you are one out those who indeed needs a child of hers,your problem is solved,Do pass the good to others
Mohammed
Mohammed

Satellite Provider

#32 Feb 9, 2009
It's really amazing that 25% of americans and europeans women go on adopting and still yet claim to be strong believers of there religion. What is the excess of your religion when you don't get what you want from it. why cry all night because you feel you are barren or impotent,why not try the Islamic Mohamed believe and have your own child,You don't have to be a Muslim to have your own child and no body is asking you to be, be a true parent yourself, Do contact me at mac4on4@yahoo.com if you are one out those who indeed needs a child of hers,your problem is solved,Its a spiritual power above science and technology that brings your 9 month child in and delivered comfortably.
Mohammed
Mohammed

Satellite Provider

#33 Feb 9, 2009
It's really amazing that 25% of americans and europeans women go on adopting and still yet claim to be strong believers of there religion. What is the excess of your religion when you don't get what you want from it. why cry all night because you feel you are barren or impotent,why not try the Islamic Mohamed believe and have your own child,You don't have to be a Muslim to have your own child and no body is asking you to be, be a true parent yourself, Do contact me at mac4on4@yahoo.com if you are one out those who indeed needs a child of hers,your problem is solved,Its a spiritual power above science and technology that brings your 9 month child in and delivered comfortably.
Mohammed
Joan nyadoptees group

Scottsdale, AZ

#34 Mar 11, 2009
Hi, we have a lot of people who are searching or wanting to be found.

Also this past year, Maine opened their records to adoptees. So help spread the information.

For more about that:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theregistry
Anne Johnson

South Butler, NY

#35 Feb 1, 2012
Lisa Marie Kreuger(?) b. 3/14/57 Ogdensburg, NY searches for older sister and brother who may be in Ontario. <annehj2@yahoo.com>
Kerry

United States

#36 May 24, 2012
I am searching for my birth family, found that I have 3 siblings and my parents were married. It's hard to do from here in FL as I can't go to look through records and such in person. The non ID info was just enough to make you think you might find something, but I keep getting dead ends. Both my maternal grandparents were deceased before I was born and my father came from an orphanage, but was of Scottish descent. I did not get a date of birth or death for my grandmother, just that she died in an auto accident at age 48, my grandfather was born in England in 1902 and died in 1957, with a heart condition, he built a home and was good with plumbing and worked on televisions. My aunt left school to join the WACS and later married, the marriage was rocky and she committed suicide. My mother had three kids before me, the oldest born in 1957, then a sister in 1958, my youngest brother was born in 1959. There is more, but I should put it in an better format, it just drives me nuts to have so much, yet so little to go on. I don't know if they stayed in the West Islp area, or even if I was born in Good Samaritan hospital or another one. I don't know if my grandparents lived in Long Island or what.
Kerry

United States

#37 May 24, 2012
F ISO Birth family, Born March 16, 1967, West Islip, NY. 3 Siblings, M July 1957, F Sept 1958, M Sept 1959. BM listed as 30 in 1967, BF 37.
Lori - adopteee 8-16-1966

Saucier, MS

#38 Feb 12, 2013
Seeking birth family. Called Georgette, born in Islip,NY 8/16/1966. Placed into foster care at 4 days old, then adopted through Louise Wise. Mother, Jewish, born in 1932, sister born in 57 and adoption finalized through Louise Wise, brother born in 61 and and adopted through Louise Wise. and a brother born in 64, not adopted, I am told. Mother was a waitress/counter girl, not married to my father. Both were Caucasian. Mother was 33 when she had me.
Please see http://www.facebook.com/loris.adoptionpage for pictures.

Since: Apr 12

Willcox, AZ

#39 Mar 21, 2013
Hi, Adoptees and Birth Parents and siblings can reunite on a Mutual Consent registry.

Its called International Soundex Reunion REgistry.

www.isrr.org

Joan

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sikh religion viewed unfavorably in B.C. (May '09) 34 min HinduChowChow 11,033
do you need a loan 2 hr mr johnson 1
looking for grandview/galt training school for ... (Oct '08) 6 hr Lee McKay 182
On second thought: Why Canada is long overdue f... 7 hr yes 2
Assisted suicide: Canadian Medical Association ... 17 hr Jan Forrest 2
Diplomatica: Turkey needs assistance from allie... 19 hr sam 1
Canada faces new Cold War in Europe and hot war... 19 hr sam 1
More from around the web