Seeking Successful Immigration Stories.....

Posted in the Canada Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 120 Comments Last updated Apr 25, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Sunflower2nd

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 9, 2013
 
I am just curious to hear of Successful Immigration stories. It would seem as the borders tighten in a great deal of countries, immigration is becoming harder and harder to achieve. What I would love to know is, if there was success to immigrate to Canada, how long did it take and was it worth it?

Please, all opinions are welcome and hopefully they will offer information not just negative political comments!
romp_cherry

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 9, 2013
 
Well here I am too lol. I have no experience although believe you can "buy" their way into the country if they do not have their own means. It might take about $25,000 through immigration lawyers and several tries, even via marriage. Canada seems to want people who have the potential to earn money, meaning educated to a certain level and at the procreation age to up our population.
Sunflower, wise thread; it will be interesting to hear what other have to say and from what nationalities, etc. I believe you need the lawyers to really help you through it, and hopefully they would be wise enough not to gouge $$ if the effort is fruitless without them.
Good luck with the opinions on this thread.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

romp_cherry wrote:
Well here I am too lol. I have no experience although believe you can "buy" their way into the country if they do not have their own means. It might take about $25,000 through immigration lawyers and several tries, even via marriage. Canada seems to want people who have the potential to earn money, meaning educated to a certain level and at the procreation age to up our population.
Sunflower, wise thread; it will be interesting to hear what other have to say and from what nationalities, etc. I believe you need the lawyers to really help you through it, and hopefully they would be wise enough not to gouge $$ if the effort is fruitless without them.
Good luck with the opinions on this thread.
Buy or marry your way in? Really?!
Sunflower2nd

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 10, 2013
 
PURELYCANADIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Buy or marry your way in? Really?!
I think Romp is right, that happens at times, as it is the only way I think. And from what I understand, it can be quite costly.

You are "from" Canada?(Just assuming by your name). Did I interpret your comment right?
Sunflower2nd

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 10, 2013
 
I have also heard it is a very time consuming effort and am wondering if people that have taken part in it, have just wished they hadn't done so in the end? Or are happy they made that choice in the end?

Hopeful of hearing some happy endings, as all efforts hopefully would be worth the trials.
Doctor Stickdicky

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

2

The only successful immigrants are the one who take away Canadian jobs and those immigrants who dwell in organised crime. Those normal immigrants are having h--ll just like the locals. Jobs are scarce these days. Most went to China.
Sunflower2nd

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 10, 2013
 
Doctor Stickdicky wrote:
The only successful immigrants are the one who take away Canadian jobs and those immigrants who dwell in organised crime. Those normal immigrants are having h--ll just like the locals. Jobs are scarce these days. Most went to China.
That is a very unfortunate outlook, and perhaps a sad truth?

I think that it is difficult for anyone immigrating, they show up with the hopes of a better life and are confronted with many challenges such as, being un-welcome, language barriers, not having protected rights as most Canadians would where work is concerned...

And worst of all, opportunities that are felt to be taken from Canadians, would often times be offered to a Canadian to begin with, however, the ones most of my small business clients have worked with, don't actually want to work, those are the Canadians.

In my opinion, the job should be offered to the best candidate and the one who is willing to work the hardest for their pay. If that happens to be an immigrant, shame on the Canadians for not showing the ambition and feeling entitlement just due to their citizenship.

I see it too often and it is honestly embarassing. We should be judged on our merit, not our origin.

Although I understand your comments and appreciate your input, I have to say, that is the opinion I have formed where this is concerned.

yawn

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

The immigrants who were relatively comfortable and part of the middle or upper class back in their home countries often regret immigrating. But those who came from poor backgrounds are happy they left
LilTwig

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Immigration is a cruel joke in both America and Canada. I personally know many taxi drivers and labourers who were university professors and doctors in their home countries. If the Zionist America government wasn't bent on destabilising the 3rd world countries those immigrants would be happier in their homeland than coming to America and be treated as garbage. "Doctor" Stickdicky is right. The uberwealthy businessmen from 3rd world countries do far better because they have a network. As you can see the Asian money laundering in the Vancouver,Canada housing market bubble. Canadians are so gullible. The Asians made a mess of the Canadian economy in the early 1990s because of the Vancouver housing bubble, and again the Asians are allowed to mess with y'all. smh don
romp_cherry

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 11, 2013
 
LilTwig wrote:
Immigration is a cruel joke in both America and Canada. I personally know many taxi drivers and labourers who were university professors and doctors in their home countries. If the Zionist America government wasn't bent on destabilising the 3rd world countries those immigrants would be happier in their homeland than coming to America and be treated as garbage. "Doctor" Stickdicky is right. The uberwealthy businessmen from 3rd world countries do far better because they have a network. As you can see the Asian money laundering in the Vancouver,Canada housing market bubble. Canadians are so gullible. The Asians made a mess of the Canadian economy in the early 1990s because of the Vancouver housing bubble, and again the Asians are allowed to mess with y'all. smh don
Housing price are atrocious $$ here in Canada and while the interest rates are low for borrowing, you cannot make any $$ on your investments, so it's stiffling your future gain, forcing you to stay in your housing as a means of savings. The "system" has us landlocked so to speak. Also, the healthcare system is overburdened looking after many elderly canadians and older immigrant family members that get here and do not contribute anything to the economy. I just don't think we have the tax base in Canada to continue to support this system, as we do not have the jobs or we don't have enough people with purchasing power. It's a conundrum for sure.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 11, 2013
 
romp_cherry wrote:
<quoted text>
Housing price are atrocious $$ here in Canada and while the interest rates are low for borrowing, you cannot make any $$ on your investments, so it's stiffling your future gain, forcing you to stay in your housing as a means of savings. The "system" has us landlocked so to speak. Also, the healthcare system is overburdened looking after many elderly canadians and older immigrant family members that get here and do not contribute anything to the economy. I just don't think we have the tax base in Canada to continue to support this system, as we do not have the jobs or we don't have enough people with purchasing power. It's a conundrum for sure.
Wow! Are you ever narrow minded. Those elderly you speak of, have in fact contributed their whole lives to our economy. Now they live off their pensions of which they paid into for years. They've earned it! Unlike the elderly immigrants that come here and sponge off welfare. What the hell did they contribute?
Dumbazz!
romp_cherry

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 11, 2013
 
PURELYCANADIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Are you ever narrow minded. Those elderly you speak of, have in fact contributed their whole lives to our economy. Now they live off their pensions of which they paid into for years. They've earned it! Unlike the elderly immigrants that come here and sponge off welfare. What the hell did they contribute?
Dumbazz!
Well perhaps that is so, and I didn't quite mean it that way .. I meant those who had never contributed to the system, the welfar recipients who, for some reason, may have been able bodied to work. I know one person who was on welfare, mothers' allowance, then disability, now old age and subsidies who gets $1,400/month and never contributed anything .. and now is complaining that the dental ends at 65. Anyway, just my small view to vent, sometimes I get sick of the system I'm paying into here.
Sunflower2nd

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 12, 2013
 
yawn wrote:
The immigrants who were relatively comfortable and part of the middle or upper class back in their home countries often regret immigrating. But those who came from poor backgrounds are happy they left
So do you think a lot of them return Yawn?
Sunflower2nd

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 12, 2013
 
shoe maker wrote:
<quoted text>
Welfare is another way of buying votes. Ask Obama how that is working out in the United States of America.
Unfortunately as a great deal of possibly "good ideas", tend to go, once a lot of them using the supply find the ease of living on the welfare system, they tend to NOT want to work, society rules again.
Sunflower2nd

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I have tried to imagine the hardship of immigrating, possibly leaving family behind while you pave the road and the length of time it can take, enduring poor treatment, suffering minority hardships in a completely "foreign" country, far from the comforts of a lifestyle you understand, should be reason enough to respect why people would even bother.

I would like to think that most, come as they believe they will find a better life, perhaps it is often times the disappointment of what is actually found that drives the crime, the abuse of the welfare system and feeds the distrust and dislike of the native citizens.

I hope some people do find what they hoped they would, just a better life than where they were.
yawn

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 12, 2013
 
Sunflower2nd wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you think a lot of them return Yawn?
Yes, they do. A lot of family friends have returned and I know of many who are making plans to return, including my parents.
Forum User

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 12, 2013
 
Sunflower2nd wrote:
I have tried to imagine the hardship of immigrating, possibly leaving family behind while you pave the road and the length of time it can take, enduring poor treatment, suffering minority hardships in a completely "foreign" country, far from the comforts of a lifestyle you understand, should be reason enough to respect why people would even bother.
I would like to think that most, come as they believe they will find a better life, perhaps it is often times the disappointment of what is actually found that drives the crime, the abuse of the welfare system and feeds the distrust and dislike of the native citizens.
I hope some people do find what they hoped they would, just a better life than where they were.
The US-born citizens dislike Mexicans because the Americans believe that the Mexicans are taking away their jobs [but the corporations are giving them away to the Mexicans for cheap labor]. I doubt that a 50 year old man who has his life in Mexico will be willing to adjust losing everything to become a 2nd class citizen in a foreign country. The economy is collapsing in the G8 nations it will get worse for immigrants pursuing that American Dream but those immigrants who are getting jobs from corporations will be almost okay with those cheap paycheck. Immigration is not working anymore.
Sunflower2nd

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 12, 2013
 
yawn wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they do. A lot of family friends have returned and I know of many who are making plans to return, including my parents.
What did they find the worst to deal with, if you don't mind me asking? Was it the culture?
Sunflower2nd

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 12, 2013
 
Forum User wrote:
<quoted text>
The US-born citizens dislike Mexicans because the Americans believe that the Mexicans are taking away their jobs [but the corporations are giving them away to the Mexicans for cheap labor]. I doubt that a 50 year old man who has his life in Mexico will be willing to adjust losing everything to become a 2nd class citizen in a foreign country. The economy is collapsing in the G8 nations it will get worse for immigrants pursuing that American Dream but those immigrants who are getting jobs from corporations will be almost okay with those cheap paycheck. Immigration is not working anymore.
It doesn't seem to be as lucrative as it perhaps once was does it? Have to admit, I think it is mostly beneficial to the ones that are finding relief from poverty or political un-rest in their homeland? Perhaps that is the only time it is really of value any longer? You have raised some very valid points here, makes a person think...

Oddly enough it seems more often people from our country are re-locating to foreign places though, and I think that is mainly for the experience of living in a different country and culture. Kind of an odd spin isn't it?
Natty Dread

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Apr 13, 2013
 
Interesting Anology

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Canada Forum right now

Search the Canada Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What's Behind Canada's Troubled Relationship Wi... 31 min steve-o 17
Sikh religion viewed unfavorably in B.C. (May '09) 2 hr tommy 10,927
Underworld in Ottawa 6 hr santro 9
wholesale fashion brand handbags replica design... (Apr '09) 11 hr sunnycs2014 4
UFO over forest fire: Canadian news crew captur... 17 hr PAUL SHYKORA arts 4
...NDP...CHIEFS...Cozy.. 18 hr PAL SHYKORA arts 4
Faith is one Angy bigot. What makes her so angry? (May '13) 23 hr USA-1 374
•••
•••