Is hockey melting away?

Is hockey melting away?

There are 25 comments on the Red Deer Advocate story from Jan 28, 2013, titled Is hockey melting away?. In it, Red Deer Advocate reports that:

One benefit of the National Hockey League strike: it gave people time to play outside on real ice! But outdoor skating could face the same difficulties as the NHL - a drastically shorter season or outright cancellation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Red Deer Advocate.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PHD

Overton, TX

#24 Jan 31, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay confused? That's funny. I haven't watched an NHL game since they started this season. After 3 lockouts/strikes since this "new era" of hockey, I've had it with a bunch of millionaires and billionaires fighting with each other over money.
There are a half dozen Junior A teams within very easy driving distance that also get frequent TV coverage. There's the AHL as well which quite honestly, are often times better than NHL games anymore.
So I still gets my hockey fix, I just don't have to pay the whore known as the NHL to get it.
No argument from me I do agree. They are free at this time but will they stay free? I would venture a guess that sooner or later there will be some type of fee attaced. Maybe they already charge you by way of property taxes.

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#25 Jan 31, 2013
Junior A and AHL games are not free. IF I wanna head to the arena to watch the local Junior A club play, I still have to buy a ticket.
PHD

Overton, TX

#26 Jan 31, 2013
So no such thing as free with any sports.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#28 Feb 3, 2013
So nobody cares when Chris or Santa or Noel [or?] has no home because of the Arctic melt!

Gifts melt, too.
PHD

Overton, TX

#29 Feb 4, 2013
More scientific science fiction from the spaced out spacedoutblues.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Indians will rule Canada by 2020 (Jan '11) 58 min Matilda 2,072
News From serious to schmaltzy, vote for Canada's 15... 7 hr Canuck Space Program 1
News Manitoba First Nations advocate says family ser... 11 hr The Prez of the Rez 4
Fight with furr on Carpet 14 hr edno 1
News Most print newspaper brands will be obsolete by... 23 hr Free Press Sucks ... 2
News Sikh religion viewed unfavorably in B.C. (May '09) Thu Anon 11,073
News Female Indo-Canadian lawyer defends men against... (Jan '15) Thu Anon 2
More from around the web