Afrikaners in Canada
Real African

Walsall, UK

#41 Feb 16, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the reading, it's actually comprehending which you obviously don't. I really don't understand your double standard here. I'm going to use your examples but for sake of argument, let's pretend their families have lived in the respective countries for several generations.
You claim that the Chinese guy born in Canada is still Canadian, but the White guy born in South Africa isn't African? Is he South African at least?
Also in Canada, while the term African-Canadian is used by the media and the left, their zeal to be PC is also incorrect. The VAST majority of Black people I know do NOT use that term for themselves. If you need to pidgeon-hole them, they'll refer to themselves as Black Canadians although they prefer to just be called Canadians. So in Canada, the term African-Canadian could be correctly used to "identify" Afrikaners living here.
However, I utterly disagree with ANY hyphenations. It just helps create divisions and special interest groups based on ethnicity or religion.
Of course they(The Afrikaners are South African) but they are NOT African I know an Indian from South Africa and he says he is South African but he told me he is not an African, as for Afrikaners being included as African Canadian, no damn way they should be inluded African Canadian becuase it is simply not right they are of European descent, supported apartheid and are a bunch of Nazis so they should NOT and NEVER be allowed to be part of the African Canadian community. Do you think they would show up any African Canadian events, of course not.

In South Africa you must tick one of these on any forms.

African
White
Coloured
Indian

So even in South Africa, Afrikaners are not officially classified as African.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#42 Feb 16, 2013
Real African wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not hatred why I and many other blacks call them the enemy its a fact, most of them hate blacks and make no secret of it, like hell they deserve to be included as African after the pain and suffering to my brethren in South Africa you will never understand. I dont give a damn how long they have been in South Africa, they are still Europeans and shall remain so. They are South Africans by nationality but NOT Africans. Blacks born in the UK NEVER call themselves Europeans they just call themselves British.
Stop expecting us true Africans to embrace and include the Afrikaner enemy as African, we dont want to claim them and we dont want them claiming African identity, they are not our brothers and sisters they are yours.
African Americans rightly embrace their African heritage the Afrikaners should do the same with their European one.

No that's right! You don't want to embrace them. Black Africans just want to embrace what the Afrikaners own. Strip all good from them, while they randomly slaughter them, and re-write the history books of SA. PATHETIC!

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#43 Feb 17, 2013
Real African wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they(The Afrikaners are South African) but they are NOT African I know an Indian from South Africa and he says he is South African but he told me he is not an African, as for Afrikaners being included as African Canadian, no damn way they should be inluded African Canadian becuase it is simply not right they are of European descent, supported apartheid and are a bunch of Nazis so they should NOT and NEVER be allowed to be part of the African Canadian community. Do you think they would show up any African Canadian events, of course not.
Personally, I don't think anyone living here should be labelled as anything other than Canadian. Hyphenating Canadians from other parts of the world is pure, unadulterated racism, brought to you by the same group of idiots who insist they are being politically correct when they do so.
I have no idea how anyone is supposed to feel included when they are labelled by their ethnicity, thereby distinguishing them from other Canadians.
too bad

Canada

#44 Feb 17, 2013
PURELYCANADIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're from Edmonton? I've never met any Afrikaners here yet. So how is it you know that? How many Afrikaners have you met?
How come? Do you stay home all the time?

Over the last 15 years, I have met 4 of them.

1). The first one is a friendly great guy. He was caring, gentle, soft-spoken and knowledgeable. He was my boss in a consulting firm. After I left the company, he also has left for other career opportunities. We managed to maintain our connection via email for at least 9 years and met a few times. I did not hear from him in the last 4 to 5 years.

2). A young woman from a different consulting firm assigned to Alberta government project 12 years ago. She was weak in her skills, but she learned from me and others. She back-stabbed many people (incl. me) to make herself outstanding. But she was not very capable. But she was white and a few of us techies are either Oriental or Indian. This one is bad.

3). A female student in an evening class in NAIT last year. She is in her 30's, originally from Johnnesburg, and now working for Alberta government. The professor was an foreign-born Asian. This girl would stopped him in the middle of his lecture, and questioned him about his pronunication of words. She ridiculed him in front of the whole class to humiliate him (for many times) for his inaccurate pronunciation and Asian accent.

Most local and foreign students felt astounded and got upset. Most of us think that she was very mean and rude. That is against the customs of multi-cultural Canada. This is a bad one.

4). A middle-aged immigrants who is running a garage now. I meet him in Tim Horton's. Initially we did not know each other, but after we appeared in Timmy's for many times, we began to talk. He sometimes came with his workers (black and Asian). He seems to be polite to his workers and me. He likes to talk.

He treats me alright and we still come across each other in Timmy's once in a while. But once I mentioned that apartheid is not right, and he looked very unhappy. Since then I won't bring up racial issues of South Africa again, and we can talk about something else.

I do not know he is a good or bad one. This is an acquaintance only, and we continue to say hi when we see each other.
Cana

Burnaby, Canada

#45 Feb 17, 2013
too bad wrote:
<quoted text>How come? Do you stay home all the time?
1). The first one is a friendly great guy. He was caring, gentle, soft-spoken and knowledgeable. He was my boss in a consulting firm. After I left the company, he also has left for other career opportunities. We managed to maintain our connection via email for at least 9 years and met a few times. I did not hear from him in the last 4 to 5 years.
2). A young woman from a different consulting firm assigned to Alberta government project 12 years ago. She was weak in her skills, but she learned from me and others. She back-stabbed many people (incl. me) to make herself outstanding. But she was not very capable. But she was white and a few of us techies are either Oriental or Indian. This one is bad.
3). A female student in an evening class in NAIT last year. She is in her 30's, originally from Johnnesburg, and now working for Alberta government. The professor was an foreign-born Asian. This girl would stopped him in the middle of his lecture, and questioned him about his pronunication of words. She ridiculed him in front of the whole class to humiliate him (for many times) for his inaccurate pronunciation and Asian accent.
Most local and foreign students felt astounded and got upset. Most of us think that she was very mean and rude. That is against the customs of multi-cultural Canada. This is a bad one.
4). A middle-aged immigrants who is running a garage now. I meet him in Tim Horton's. Initially we did not know each other, but after we appeared in Timmy's for many times, we began to talk. He sometimes came with his workers (black and Asian). He seems to be polite to his workers and me. He likes to talk.
He treats me alright and we still come across each other in Timmy's once in a while. But once I mentioned that apartheid is not right, and he looked very unhappy. Since then I won't bring up racial issues of South Africa again, and we can talk about something else.
I do not know he is a good or bad one. This is an acquaintance only, and we continue to say hi when we see each other.
HH most likely has but mistook it for a British accent.

Afrikaners that I met, and saw in SA had a very rude demeanor with people that were serving them.

I flew four times on local carriers, and the number of times the assistance light went on was crazy; and the flight crews were not all Africans, some were Indian or Asian.
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#46 Feb 17, 2013
paul SHYKORA arts wrote:
..LONG LIVE the ... of the South African...mediun and LARGE-Business/industries...eh ...(+)...yad a u u
...LONG LIVE...now let us sing and dance...afrikaans...eh..(+)..

Location hidden

#48 Feb 18, 2013
too bad wrote:
<quoted text>How come? Do you stay home all the time?
Best way to get on the bad side of anyone from SA, is bring up Apartheid issues, for which people like you have NO FCKING CLUE! If you think a white SA can't see through your comments, your dead wrong!

As for the rest of your comments, well I'd like to hear the other side of the story? Just because you felt disadvantaged in some way, doesn't mean it was the fault of some white person. Maybe that Asian guy you speak of really did suck at English? One of the most frustrating things I find in dealing with immigrants, especially oriental, is this notion they have that they can speak perfect English, when in fact they often attempt speak it as fast as they do their own language. It always comes out sounding garbled. Same with Indians. My advice is to slow it down, so you can properly pronounce shit.
Hobo

Duncan, Canada

#49 Feb 18, 2013
Nearly every doctor in this town is someone that has left SA because of persecution and the on going crumbling of society.I think they call it the brain drain.My doctor,who is a white SA,said that apartied is alive and well in SA it has just switched sides.

Location hidden

#50 Feb 18, 2013
Hobo wrote:
Nearly every doctor in this town is someone that has left SA because of persecution and the on going crumbling of society.I think they call it the brain drain.My doctor,who is a white SA,said that apartied is alive and well in SA it has just switched sides.
Yes! So they may as well be appreciated somewhere, where they aren't having to constantly sow back together the asses of people who don't appreciate them.

Location hidden

#51 Feb 18, 2013
PURELYCANADIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! So they may as well be appreciated somewhere, where they aren't having to constantly sow back together the asses of people who don't appreciate them.
Oops, that was sew:)
Cana

Burnaby, Canada

#52 Feb 18, 2013
Hobo wrote:
Persecution, or opportunism...Professionals would have an easy time fast tracking into EU, UK, US,Cdn make eleven times more than in SA, but take that money and buy up all the prime real estate. Once you arrive in SA your money goes a long way, and the service is the best!
Real African

Walsall, UK

#53 Feb 25, 2013
Some of them are living in the UK which is a suprise considering how the British treated them during the Boer war.

As for the Boer war I am glad the EUROPEAN Afrikaners suffered at the hands of the British. Afrikaners are Nazis.

Lord Kitichener was right.

Location hidden

#54 Feb 25, 2013
Real African wrote:
Some of them are living in the UK which is a suprise considering how the British treated them during the Boer war.
As for the Boer war I am glad the EUROPEAN Afrikaners suffered at the hands of the British. Afrikaners are Nazis.
Lord Kitichener was right.
That was BS propaganda. Nothing but a disguise for their true motivations. Diamonds, gold etc.

You should know that!
Ruby

Walsall, UK

#55 Mar 11, 2013
I am so called coloured (mixed race) women originally from Zimbabwe but raised mainly in Britain since the age of two. I say coloureds(Mixed race) South Africans who choose to make Canada their home should definately be included as African Canadian becuase 'coloured'South Africans were oppressed and suffered under apartheid I think it would be wrong and unfair for them to be denied an African Canadian identity after what they endured, they have suffered enough so I urge African immigrants in Canada to include them as part of the African Canadian community.
Real African

Walsall, UK

#56 Mar 12, 2013
Ruby wrote:
I am so called coloured (mixed race) women originally from Zimbabwe but raised mainly in Britain since the age of two. I say coloureds(Mixed race) South Africans who choose to make Canada their home should definately be included as African Canadian becuase 'coloured'South Africans were oppressed and suffered under apartheid I think it would be wrong and unfair for them to be denied an African Canadian identity after what they endured, they have suffered enough so I urge African immigrants in Canada to include them as part of the African Canadian community.
I agree, those racist apartheid laws hurt and effected the lives of the mixed race South Africans, they too had their basic human rights violated by those Nazikaners which is why if any coloured from South Africa claimed African identity I would not mind one bit, I wont object at all becuase of what they went through.
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#57 Mar 12, 2013
..THE WHITE/Engish/Afrikaner's ...''still'' own some ..70% of all Medium and Big BUSINESS/iNDUSTRY ,here,...eh..(+)...$$shalom..
Jasbinder

Canada

#58 Mar 12, 2013
PURELYCANADIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
No that's right! You don't want to embrace them. Black Africans just want to embrace what the Afrikaners own. Strip all good from them, while they randomly slaughter them, and re-write the history books of SA. PATHETIC!
nonsense. Those Dutch fools are racist as hell. Just like you dummy.

Location hidden

#59 Mar 12, 2013
Jasbinder wrote:
<quoted text> nonsense. Those Dutch fools are racist as hell. Just like you dummy.
No you are the racist pig....so much so you want the genocide of whites. Don't you lie!

Location hidden

#60 Mar 12, 2013
Jasbinder wrote:
<quoted text> nonsense. Those Dutch fools are racist as hell. Just like you dummy.
Racist or not, segregation was necessary for their survival you FOOL! Black people have more than proven their savagery in both Africa and the US. Now do you want to argue statistics?
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#61 Mar 12, 2013
Real African wrote:
I am fed up with Afrikaners saying to me they are as African ,it is utter bullshit they are not and never will be, I don't want any of them claiming an African identity not in Canada,the US, Britain not anywhere.
Afrikaners are even now claiming African Canadian identity I mean what a bloody cheek, these people are Europeans and always will be.
You are not British and you never will be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Canada-U.S. relations 'significantly better' on... 5 min Pow Wow Chef Poun... 2
News Custom Truck Sales Marks 50th Anniversary as Ke... 5 hr Steve MacQueen 2
Replica handbags original quality bag women bag... 6 hr Peter 1
News Inside the mind of an IS sympathizer 6 hr Leon Fountaine 5
News 'We need to rebuild:' Residential school report... 18 hr Prez of the Rez 27
News Clark announces B.C.'s lofty goal to become Can... (Oct '12) Mon mike 3
News Kinder Morgan says $100-million investment will... Mon mike 2
More from around the web