Canadian native groups cancel CN Rail...

Canadian native groups cancel CN Rail blockade

There are 875 comments on the Dose story from Jun 28, 2006, titled Canadian native groups cancel CN Rail blockade. In it, Dose reports that:

Canadian aboriginal groups canceled a planned blockade of Canadian National Railway lines set for Thursday, after the company agreed to lobby Ottawa to help resolve natives' outstanding land claims, both groups ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dose.

Assurbannipal

Calgary, Canada

#844 Dec 6, 2011
Bobb and Meso Hohni are the same person.

Just a little disingenuous eh?
TreatiesDontMatt er

Toronto, Canada

#845 Dec 7, 2011
Treaties don't matter unless we say they do. Let's send these natives back to where they came from. Oh wait...
Dear dumb people

Canada

#846 Jun 11, 2012
Native candians pay taxes just like everyone else
In Canada unless they live on a reserve and buy specifically from that reserve or mall that is still under native ownership.they do not live off of tax payers money. I will agree that a lot are unmotivated and naive with their ways of thinking
As going to a native school is a horrible idea md not every square inch of Canada is native owned a very veerry small amount is and td usually the
Most polluted and desilated land. Natives fought for their rIghts and lands and actually SAVED white people who were too ignorant and dumb to fend for themselves when they first came others were tricked thinking a peace was made and entire villages raped and slaughtered/ brought into slavery. And FYI natives did build houses ever heard of a long house? It's made of wood...log snapped...dumbasses learn the facts before going on a racist tangent ignorant fucks.
Jonny Two Shirts

Winnipeg, Canada

#847 Jun 11, 2012
Dear dumb people wrote:
Native candians pay taxes just like everyone else
In Canada unless they live on a reserve and buy specifically from that reserve or mall that is still under native ownership.they do not live off of tax payers money. I will agree that a lot are unmotivated and naive with their ways of thinking
As going to a native school is a horrible idea md not every square inch of Canada is native owned a very veerry small amount is and td usually the
Most polluted and desilated land. Natives fought for their rIghts and lands and actually SAVED white people who were too ignorant and dumb to fend for themselves when they first came others were tricked thinking a peace was made and entire villages raped and slaughtered/ brought into slavery. And FYI natives did build houses ever heard of a long house? It's made of wood...log snapped...dumbasses learn the facts before going on a racist tangent ignorant fucks.
Right fuggin on eh?
scooter

Kingston, Canada

#848 Oct 1, 2012
Night Train wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know where you get "white trash racist idiot" from the name Harley Honey. I personally know natives whom I ride with that own Harley's and I've also known a few native women that were real "honeys". Just because some of us get fed up with Natives whining and crying about hundred or more year old treaties doesn't make us racist. Most hard working Canadians of any race color or creed get tired of being screwed over at every turn, from the gas pumps to the grocery stores, to the taxes for this and taxes for that. It leaves most of us empty of any sympathy for those who sit on their ass do nothing and cry foul regardless of their heritage.
If you are a protesting native blocking a public roadway you don't want to stand in front of my car cause I'll run you over. Plain and simple. That is not racist cause if you are a white fisherman protesting the government and blocking a public road, I'll run you over as well. Matter of fact if a persons beef isn't with me, I don't care what race color or creed they are, they don't want to bring their beef in my face and not expect retaliation. I don't think Harley Honey is a racist at. I think she is like the rest of us, just sick and tired of whining and crying of losers.
Right on, will said.
jason

Canada

#849 Dec 31, 2012
One word. Terrorists.
jean dubois

Moncton, Canada

#850 Dec 31, 2012
if anyone want to learn truth about where all money go read all article. world being lied to, native people reserves get mega monies. not everyone elses fault they live in poverties

where all money go

http://abearsrant.com/2012/12/where-is-the-mo...
JTF

Winnipeg, Canada

#851 Dec 31, 2012
@Dear dumb people

Nice of you to make that sh it up, but, the fact is, only natives that are employed pay taxes; the rest get money from the government through their reserves.

Isn't it about time you all stood on your own?

Isn't it about time you all realized their is no free ride?

Isn't it about time you all figured out that your culture must be more than dancing and banging on a drum?

I could go on but you get the point.
Bobby

Winnipeg, Canada

#852 Dec 31, 2012
TreatiesDontMatter wrote:
Treaties don't matter unless we say they do. Let's send these natives back to where they came from. Oh wait...
They came from Asia. I doubt if they would take them back though.
Student

Canada

#853 Jan 17, 2013
Why can't natives evolve? The rest of the world is leaving you guys behind. I can't think of any other culture that lives like a parasite off the government while remaining unmotivated to dig itself out of its hole and contribute to society. Why are natives getting such better treatment by the government? Where would you people be if the modern world didn't come and knock on your door and basically build the country for you? You people would be dressed with pretty feathers and living in teepees. Now you get all the best benefits and still struggle and whine. Instead of blaming the government for all the mistakes in the past, try looking to the future and bettering yourselves. I believe the reason why the government treats you guys with such distinction is because it knows that if it didn't, you guys would end up destroying yourselves and the rest of the country. Show me something that natives have achieved to make the world a better place, change my mind.
Bob

Winnipeg, Canada

#854 Jan 17, 2013
Q : Show me something that natives have achieved to make the world a better place, change my mind.

A : Bannock
JTF

Winnipeg, Canada

#855 Jan 17, 2013
The world is a better place because of bannock???

lol....point well taken Bob.
yeah yeah yeah

Winnipeg, Canada

#856 Jan 22, 2013
wronged wrote:
hey how about this my 52 inch tv was stolen by a native...all my ancestors from generations should get a new tv ...ive been robbed!!! it was taken from me...i want justice!!! free tvs for me and my ancestors for eternity thats fair isnt it ...and hell i think i deserve free cable and the tribal counsel should pay for it ...oh hell while were at it i dont want to pay taxes either!!!
lol yeah right so your saying if you owned land that was rightfully yours and even built your house on it was (lets say by your neighbor who had no rights to it) sold it and the people that bought it pushed you out of your own house and land and you didnt get nothing at all you would juss forget about it and move on??? i doubt it :P
yeah yeah yeah -_-

Winnipeg, Canada

#857 Jan 22, 2013
<3 Jesus loves all of you <3 may he get in the way of any hate, lies and anger...no matter what color or where you come from or what the struggle may be...May the grace of God pour out his everlasting mercy on us all

Since: Jan 13

Winnipeg, Canada

#858 Jan 24, 2013
Wow!!! I cannot believe the comments here!!!! Just shows, how much some non natives actually know! If you had been taught the truth in school....then just maybe you wouldn't be so flippant about it!

Winnipeg, Canada

#859 Jan 24, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
They came from Asia. I doubt if they would take them back though.
Ignorant much??

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#860 Jan 24, 2013
yeah yeah yeah wrote:
<quoted text> lol yeah right so your saying if you owned land that was rightfully yours and even built your house on it was (lets say by your neighbor who had no rights to it) sold it and the people that bought it pushed you out of your own house and land and you didnt get nothing at all you would juss forget about it and move on??? i doubt it :P
Not all land claims are genuine. The Six Nations claims come storming to mind.

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#861 Jan 24, 2013
Ronnie 73 wrote:
Wow!!! I cannot believe the comments here!!!! Just shows, how much some non natives actually know! If you had been taught the truth in school....then just maybe you wouldn't be so flippant about it!
And to who's version of the "truth" are you referring? I mean c'mon Ronnie, millions of people thoughout history have been conqurered and/or assimilated.
The Celts were one such group, yet you don't see me whining to the Italian govt over what the Roman Empire did to "my people".
Having said that however, I think Canada's biggest disgrace wasn't just the residential school system and the program of "adopting" Native children out to White families, but also that it was allowed to continue until the '70's.
Kind of ironic really, considering how often Canadians have thumbed their noses at America for being so racist towards Black people.

So to sum up, as far as conquest goes, no one needs to apologize. It was a different time with different values. The Natives need to learn to suck it up and move on with their lives like so many others had to.

As far as our more recent history goes, that's a little different. There's plenty to apologize for when it comes to the way some of the FN were treated.
JTF

Winnipeg, Canada

#862 Jan 25, 2013
Some very greedy Armani Indians are attempting to have the Treaties changed now to get a piece of the resources we Canadians own.

To those greedy SOBs, I say EAT MY SHORTS!!

That is what all this bull crap is about. Funny thing, the average Indian doesn't have a clue to what this is about.

Winnipeg, Canada

#864 Jan 26, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
And to who's version of the "truth" are you referring? I mean c'mon Ronnie, millions of people thoughout history have been conqurered and/or assimilated.
The Celts were one such group, yet you don't see me whining to the Italian govt over what the Roman Empire did to "my people".
Having said that however, I think Canada's biggest disgrace wasn't just the residential school system and the program of "adopting" Native children out to White families, but also that it was allowed to continue until the '70's.
Kind of ironic really, considering how often Canadians have thumbed their noses at America for being so racist towards Black people.
So to sum up, as far as conquest goes, no one needs to apologize. It was a different time with different values. The Natives need to learn to suck it up and move on with their lives like so many others had to.
As far as our more recent history goes, that's a little different. There's plenty to apologize for when it comes to the way some of the FN were treated.
. That's all???? Who's truth?? You can't seriously believe all that the Government tells you. If there was no truth to any of it, there would be no need for the healing Programs put into place by the Government, or the money paid out to RS Survivors. Which....FYI was not that long ago. My sisters and I were in one. And what was wrong with Native Children being adopted to white folks...as long as it was on the up and up. I also fall into that group. I'm not just talking....I have lived it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Manitoba Tory MPs asked to repay costs for flyers 18 min Alberta Home Scho... 1
News 'Tweeting class' pushing Winnipeg's cycling str... 22 min Fill Sheegles Wallet 2
News Longest-serving MP Bill Blaikie calling it quits (May '07) 34 min Hairy Shafransky 2
News Some Canadian cities embracing protected bicycl... 1 hr Rodney BlueBalls 2
News U.S.-style campaigns coming to Canada 2 hr what 2
News The centre of controversy: Where is Canada's mi... 6 hr Pierre Elliott Tr... 2
News Aboriginal kids in care: 4 approaches to improv... 6 hr Mick Chugger 10
More from around the web