Sikh religion viewed unfavorably in B.C.

Sikh religion viewed unfavorably in B.C.

There are 11084 comments on the Vancouver Sun story from May 20, 2009, titled Sikh religion viewed unfavorably in B.C.. In it, Vancouver Sun reports that:

A new poll shows British Columbians are not nearly as favorably disposed to some religions, particularly Sikhism , as many would expect.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vancouver Sun.

PURELYCANADIAN

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#9970 May 3, 2013
Fateh wrote:
Real Canadians are open-minded and tolerant; especially when it comes to immigrants and immigration. Diversity is celebrated in Canada but these disgruntled "Canadians" will never realize how much harm can be caused by generalizing a whole community.
Sikhs are to fault for their negative attention, but it's our governments fault for not monitoring them, and other incompatible groups. White countries should be for white people, not for scummy trash like Sikhs, and other freaks of nature!

1USA1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 12

Tanner Flats

#9971 May 4, 2013
PURELYCANADIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sikhs are to fault for their negative attention, but it's our governments fault for not monitoring them, and other incompatible groups. White countries should be for white people, not for scummy trash like Sikhs, and other freaks of nature!
So that would apply to Cana, I'm presuming? What happen to the 'north east indian', has he been deported? LOL...

PURELYCANADIAN

Location hidden

#9972 May 4, 2013
1USA1 wrote:
<quoted text>So that would apply to Cana, I'm presuming? What happen to the 'north east indian', has he been deported? LOL...
It would apply! As for the other one, I can only hope:)
Cana

Burnaby, Canada

#9973 May 4, 2013
1USA1 wrote:
<quoted text>So that would apply to Cana, I'm presuming? What happen to the 'north east indian', has he been deported? LOL...
Dummy...i don't care about you, but please don't lesane to the not working sihk/muslims...
Cana

Burnaby, Canada

#9974 May 4, 2013
Do you two even know what we are speaching on...

1USA1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 12

Tanner Flats

#9975 May 4, 2013
Chi Com Cana wrote:
I can never tell what you're talking about, it usually consists of Blah blah blah USA bad Blah blah baby bush blah blah blah China great empire blah blah blah intelligible blathering blah blah blah... <¦-o

PURELYCANADIAN

Location hidden

#9976 May 4, 2013
Cana wrote:
You are clueless...really.

PURELYCANADIAN

Location hidden

#9977 May 4, 2013
1USA1 wrote:
<quoted text>I can never tell what you're talking about, it usually consists of Blah blah blah USA bad Blah blah baby bush blah blah blah China great empire blah blah blah intelligible blathering blah blah blah... <¦-o
That's about right, but speaching is a new one;) followed by blah, blah, blah...
fedup

Croydon, UK

#9978 May 4, 2013
True Tamil Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a main component of their religion, how can that addressed as lack of cultural assimilation? No one questions Orthodox Jews in America for donning yarmulkes...
<quoted text>
First Sikh Canadian military commander
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0IZsVTRq5rkXX
Guru Nanak's free kitchen service for the homeless in Vancouver
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Do not try and compare Jews and what they have accomplished in the western world with your people. Do not even go there asylum seeking terrorist runaway.

“Inveterate Islamaphobe”

Since: Jan 12

Canada

#9979 May 4, 2013
The Truth wrote:
I'm sure that Sikhs view themselves as favourable, but no one else does.
Sikhs are a militant, political, cult that is loyal to a "Sikh nation" just like the Islamists are loyal to Islam.
That is why Islamists and Sikhs cannot assimilate into modern society or act civilized.
Sikhs won't even fly the nations flag at their temples, probably the same for Islamists.
In what way are Sikhs disloyal to Canada?

“Inveterate Islamaphobe”

Canada

#9980 May 4, 2013
fedup wrote:
<quoted text>Do not try and compare Jews and what they have accomplished in the western world with your people. Do not even go there asylum seeking terrorist runaway.
Hindus in the U.S. and Sikhs in the UK, respectively, have been heralded "model minorities" and compare favorably with the Jews regarding socioeconomic status, political power, etc.

Oh, and I'm neither a Sikh nor a terrorist nor an asylum seeker...but please carry on generalizing.:)
Serpent

Calgary, Canada

#9981 May 4, 2013
True Tamil Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a main component of their religion, how can that addressed as lack of cultural assimilation? No one questions Orthodox Jews in America for donning yarmulkes...
Like all other religions Sikhs can wear their head gear in their communities during religious holidays.
But they should adopt the Canadian dress code when in the public at large,,,,, just like it is stated in the Canadian immigration manual !!
True Tamil Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
First Sikh Canadian military commander
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0IZsVTRq5rkXX
Guru Nanak's free kitchen service for the homeless in Vancouver
This commander is only one Sikh, what about being equally represented like other religious groups. This just goes to show how great and accomodating Canadians are but in return the Sikhs just continue to show their arrogance!! I say fk em!!
Serpent

Calgary, Canada

#9982 May 4, 2013
True Tamil Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
In what way are Sikhs disloyal to Canada?
Where have you been? Do you know what it takes to build a great country,, obviously not,,, your a loser!!

Disloyal,, not supporting Canadian values, not in our military, Olympics, charities etc etc these fkrs can't even fly the Canadian flag on their Canadian Tax protected property!!

Get a life TT, your ignorance of country building is really showing!!

Why aren't you going back to build your sh^thole Tamil country??? Hahaha you Tamils can't build sh^t that's why and you think you know it all!!! Your just so very stupid TT!!

“Inveterate Islamaphobe”

Canada

#9983 May 4, 2013
Serpent wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have you been? Do you know what it takes to build a great country,, obviously not,,, your a loser!!
Disloyal,, not supporting Canadian values, not in our military, Olympics, charities etc etc these fkrs can't even fly the Canadian flag on their Canadian Tax protected property!!
Get a life TT, your ignorance of country building is really showing!!
Why aren't you going back to build your sh^thole Tamil country??? Hahaha you Tamils can't build sh^t that's why and you think you know it all!!! Your just so very stupid TT!!
I fail to note any "disloyalty" in any of that.....perhaps "incompetence" is the word you're looking for?

Disloyalty would be Muslims calling for Sharia in the west and bombing the civilians of their host countries.....while living off of welfare and dole.

PURELYCANADIAN

Location hidden

#9984 May 4, 2013
True Tamil Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hindus in the U.S. and Sikhs in the UK, respectively, have been heralded "model minorities" and compare favorably with the Jews regarding socioeconomic status, political power, etc.
Oh, and I'm neither a Sikh nor a terrorist nor an asylum seeker...but please carry on generalizing.:)
If you look hard enough, I'm sure there are plenty of good things to say about all immigrants, but it's unarguable that Sikhs in Canada have proven to be a regretful addition.

Not only have they been involved in terrorist activities, but they are gangsters to say the least. Now this seems to be isolated for the most part now to the B.C. area, but already in Alberta their numbers are growing strong, and with the numbers come the problems. All East Indian, and Pakistani people tend to lean towards organized prostitution activity in their host countries. Inducting our children, and using drugs to aid them in this disgusting pursuit of dirty wealth.

In fact all immigration seems to do is weaken Christian countries, perverting them with filth, and taking us further and further away from our beliefs and values. Like I've said before, immigration is ruining this and many other countries around the world. It's unnatural and it just takes the numbers to realize the impact. That is of course when we decide to wake up to it, and that is happening all too late!

“Inveterate Islamaphobe”

Canada

#9985 May 4, 2013
Serpent wrote:
<quoted text>
Like all other religions Sikhs can wear their head gear in their communities during religious holidays.
But they should adopt the Canadian dress code when in the public at large,,,,, just like it is stated in the Canadian immigration manual !!
<quoted text>
This commander is only one Sikh, what about being equally represented like other religious groups. This just goes to show how great and accomodating Canadians are but in return the Sikhs just continue to show their arrogance!! I say fk em!!
The Sikhs religion mandates that someone baptized is required to wear the turban at all times, so your suggestion makes it conflictual and further impedes the assimilation you wish to see.

Sikhs are a tiny minority nationwide, less than 1%, how is it sensible to expect equal representation in the army and other civil service sectors? Do you think there are tons of Christians serving in the Indian armed forces?

PURELYCANADIAN

Location hidden

#9986 May 4, 2013
True Tamil Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sikhs religion mandates that someone baptized is required to wear the turban at all times, so your suggestion makes it conflictual and further impedes the assimilation you wish to see.
Sikhs are a tiny minority nationwide, less than 1%, how is it sensible to expect equal representation in the army and other civil service sectors? Do you think there are tons of Christians serving in the Indian armed forces?
Ummm, the Indian army seems to like to attack Christians. So maybe they are biased towards Christians?

http://www.persecution.org/2011/03/31/christi...
Serpent

Calgary, Canada

#9987 May 4, 2013
True Tamil Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't give a sh^t what the Sikh religion mandates. If the Sikhs can't except Canadian values and culture, they should fk off back to where they come from to wear their rag. Canada is not for every one. You either adapt to the culture and values that made Canada a great country or you fk off!! It's really all that simple Tamil Tiger.
Of course I wouldn't expect you to understand because you know nothing of building great countries. Tamils are good at getting children to fight their battles and build a sh^thole country.

Christians carry far more than their weight in the Indian army,, that's a fact!!
Serpent

Calgary, Canada

#9988 May 4, 2013
PURELYCANADIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look hard enough, I'm sure there are plenty of good things to say about all immigrants, but it's unarguable that Sikhs in Canada have proven to be a regretful addition.

In fact all immigration seems to do is weaken Christian countries, perverting them with filth, and taking us further and further away from our beliefs and values. Like I've said before, immigration is ruining this and many other countries around the world. It's unnatural and it just takes the numbers to realize the impact. That is of course when we decide to wake up to it, and that is happening all too late!
Immigration to Canada has been good from most western counties as well as from China, Korea, Philippines and a few others.
But immigrants from the south Asian side or middle eastern and other such countries has been a big failure.

Canada must be a lot more selective in the countries it immigrates people from!!

PURELYCANADIAN

Location hidden

#9989 May 4, 2013
Serpent wrote:
<quoted text>
Immigration to Canada has been good from most western counties as well as from China, Korea, Philippines and a few others.
But immigrants from the south Asian side or middle eastern and other such countries has been a big failure.
Canada must be a lot more selective in the countries it immigrates people from!!
Nah, I have to disagree with all Asians. It's no secret western countries have been warning their people not to travel to the Philippines for example, and Taiwan and such places are not all that friendly to western tourists these days. Asians have a completely different backgrounds to westerners period, and I've experienced first hand racism from all those groups, although most are quit subtle experiences here compared to what one would experience in their countries. Again that takes me back to the numbers theory. At the risk of sounding selfish, I will also add in that white people no longer have a country to call their own. They have been forced to except immigration, and live with it. Like I said it's all about the numbers. Sadly, it is and always will be about the differences.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dogs, drones help detect invasive species 23 hr Take Off Eh 3
News What's on this week (Jul '14) Sat Peel in Halton again 59
News Canada's secret bid to stop Russian hackers Fri Tm Clm 7
Canada isn't safe place for me also. even in Ot... (Mar '15) Fri santro 27
News looking for grandview/galt training school for ... (Oct '08) Feb 11 conjer 207
News "Year of the Monkey": Chinese-Canadians ready t... Feb 11 The Ikea Ladys Mo... 1
10 American Marines and Sailors Crying after ... Feb 11 who needs this 1
More from around the web