Sikh religion viewed unfavorably in B.C.

May 20, 2009 Full story: Vancouver Sun 11,052

A new poll shows British Columbians are not nearly as favorably disposed to some religions, particularly Sikhism , as many would expect.

Full Story

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 12

Tanner Flats

#9578 Jan 31, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, who gives a fuck? It's not the job of the US administration to make sure people in other countries are happy, have jobs etc etc. Their job is to run America...period!
Barry-O on the other hand is a complete and total putz when it comes to statesmanship. He has consistently thumbed his nose at America's traditional allies to the point of insult.
And as for only being interested in our resources, what the fuck do you think China is doing here? They give FAR less of a flying shit about Canada than the US does. At least American companies provided jobs for millions of Canadians over the decades. We've already seen that Chinese investment in Canada's resource economy does little to provide jobs for Canadians.
Maybe Cana and RIF are the same person. LOL
John Doe

Abbotsford, Canada

#9579 Jan 31, 2013
I don't view Sikhs unfavorably. I find them to be law-abiding citizens. But I'm an American (Dutch/Italian ancestry). I find if you're colored in Canada, you're at a disadvantage. Therr are two reasons for this:

1. The concept of multiculturalism puts second-generation youth at a disadvantage. They are just as 'Canadian' as their white peers, but because of multiculturalism, they are seen as "brown" or "east indian" not simply Canadian. Here in America, you're an American FIRST then your ancestry after.

2. Canadians are reserved. If you don't mingle, you will see thr unknown as an enemy.

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#9580 Jan 31, 2013
John Doe wrote:
I don't view Sikhs unfavorably. I find them to be law-abiding citizens. But I'm an American (Dutch/Italian ancestry). I find if you're colored in Canada, you're at a disadvantage. Therr are two reasons for this:
1. The concept of multiculturalism puts second-generation youth at a disadvantage. They are just as 'Canadian' as their white peers, but because of multiculturalism, they are seen as "brown" or "east indian" not simply Canadian. Here in America, you're an American FIRST then your ancestry after.
2. Canadians are reserved. If you don't mingle, you will see thr unknown as an enemy.
America is gradually succumbing to the same progressive agendas, that spawned multiculturalism. The American first concept has been replaced with hyphenated Americans and in the case of Latinos, the hyphen and American part are dropped.
John Doe

Abbotsford, Canada

#9581 Jan 31, 2013
Yes, but we continue to remain a melting pot. As a result, there is way more social interaction between different races and cultures in the USA than Canada.
Piko

United States

#9582 Jan 31, 2013
John Doe wrote:
2. C
Your wrong right with your opening statement.
As a visible minority, Sikhs have the highest crime rate on a per capita basis of any of the visible minorities in the lower mainland. Everything from spousal killings, spousal abuse, forced arranged marriages, under the table cash dealings, gang crime etc etc. Sikhs are one of the worst minorities in Canada, as shown in the OP survey.
You obviously don't know what your talking about.
Piko

United States

#9583 Jan 31, 2013
John Doe wrote:
Yes, but we continue to remain a melting pot. As a result, there is way more social interaction between different races and cultures in the USA than Canada.
Like your previous post, your talking otta your as^hole. You have nothing to support this stupid statement. Cultures like E Indians and Muslims do not mix.
John Doe

Abbotsford, Canada

#9584 Jan 31, 2013
Piko, we can nuke the #%&* out of your country. Canucktard.
Piko

United States

#9586 Feb 1, 2013
John Doe wrote:
Piko, we can nuke the #%&* out of your country. Canucktard.
A piece of Sikh sh^t like you, the only thing you are capable of blowing is the fa^t in your pants, you useless piece of sh^t!!
Cana

Burnaby, Canada

#9587 Feb 1, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't around in 1979, were ya.
Truth be told, the "honour" hasn't flowed south very often either. Liberal MPs like Carrolyn Parish uttering in a public place, "Damn Americans, I hate those bastards". Respect is a two way street and there have been plenty of times where the disrespect was obvious on both sides of the border.
I'm not talking about some shrill jill cdn politician, who gives a shit what she said.

I'm talking about business/trade. There have been numerous times where the US has not liked how deals (that they signed onto) where not shaping up the way they planned, so they start reneiging on them.
This forces Cdn business/gov't to take action through NAFTA/WTO/LCIA...these are long expense challenges which benefits the accused more than the accuser.

Just look at the auto sector, after Canada gave those idiots money to survive. Once they get back on their feet, then they leave Ont/Que.
John Doe

Abbotsford, Canada

#9588 Feb 2, 2013
Cana, the money the Canadian government gave was peanuts compared to what the Obama administration gave the auto industry to bail them out. I heard last month that some plants are shutting down by 2015 and heading back to Detroit. Good news! Nothing personal but we have our jobs to protect first.

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#9589 Feb 2, 2013
John Doe wrote:
Cana, the money the Canadian government gave was peanuts compared to what the Obama administration gave the auto industry to bail them out. I heard last month that some plants are shutting down by 2015 and heading back to Detroit. Good news! Nothing personal but we have our jobs to protect first.
You're wasting your time. Cana turns every thread into a blame America thing or it's all Whitey's fault.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#9590 Feb 2, 2013
Yes, and I find it quite amusing how he can morph into a Scotsmen, then conversely turn right around and prey on the support of his East Indian "brothers" when his chips are down?

Lol he's a real character!
Chuck

Miami, FL

#9591 Feb 2, 2013
PURELYCANADIAN wrote:
Yes, and I find it quite amusing how he can morph into a Scotsmen, then conversely turn right around and prey on the support of his East Indian "brothers" when his chips are down?
Lol he's a real character!
What this low life scum Canadian maderchode is doing here.
The Truth

Abbotsford, Canada

#9592 Feb 2, 2013
This thread is in the Canadian forum, the Sikhs are viewed unfavourably here in BC, and that is what the threads about.

I have heard that it also shows up in the Sikh forum as well (a topix keyword perhaps)

The original topic is from a Canadian perspective and not from an Indian prospective.
Hope that helps
John Doe

Abbotsford, Canada

#9593 Feb 3, 2013
I read some of this thread just now. It gets depressing. I wonder how some you live with so much hate each and everyday.

Location hidden

#9594 Feb 3, 2013
John Doe wrote:
I read some of this thread just now. It gets depressing. I wonder how some you live with so much hate each and everyday.
What part of it was so disturbing? Was it the part where every Sikh thinks they are the "bomb", or was it when I called them all a bunch of pervs and gangsters?
Cana

Burnaby, Canada

#9595 Feb 3, 2013
John Doe wrote:
Oh don't worry about taking it personally...I for one welcome all the moves the US has been doing "since baby bush" on our trade deals!

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#9597 Feb 3, 2013
Cana wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh don't worry about taking it personally...I for one welcome all the moves the US has been doing "since baby bush" on our trade deals!
Were you born in India or Pakistan? Maybe Sri Lanka? <-o
John Doe

Toronto, Canada

#9598 Feb 3, 2013
Purely Canadian, every part. Include not just Sikhs, but White Canadians too. Hey, don't you Canucktards boast about being multicultural and look down on the USA for being a melting pot? Well, this is what you idiots get. Cultures who don't want to mix with the rest. Add the fact that Canadians are reserved. You're left with a society that does not promote social interaction between different groups. God bless Canuckistan!

Location hidden

#9599 Feb 3, 2013
John Doe wrote:
Purely Canadian, every part. Include not just Sikhs, but White Canadians too. Hey, don't you Canucktards boast about being multicultural and look down on the USA for being a melting pot? Well, this is what you idiots get. Cultures who don't want to mix with the rest. Add the fact that Canadians are reserved. You're left with a society that does not promote social interaction between different groups. God bless Canuckistan!
I think you must be listening to the lies our governments been perpetuating for some time now. Multiculturalism is actually a failure in all countries around the world. The only difference is here in Canada the people are too damn laid back and subdued to say anything. We pretty much need to have a fire lit under our azzes to get pizzed enough to voice our disdain over the matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Manitoba reserves the worst in Canada 6 hr Peter Ross 16
Ring of Fire road proposal to get $785,000 gove... 21 hr Medewiwin 1
New Halton drug strategy years in the making (Jun '14) Sun local letters not... 4
Two Corrections employees among 29 people arres... Sun cam 1
Halton police mark province-wide 'Protect Your ... Sat Kerry 1
Cornies: Distorted view of black history demand... Sat Sam 1
Adobe After Effects CC 2014 Portable Full Downl... Fri zarahkhan 1
More from around the web