Sikh religion viewed unfavorably in B.C.

May 20, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Vancouver Sun

A new poll shows British Columbians are not nearly as favorably disposed to some religions, particularly Sikhism , as many would expect.

Comments
8,781 - 8,800 of 10,934 Comments Last updated Yesterday

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 12

Tanner Flats

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Cana wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I...you are ranting like an idiot!!!
I've said it before you're not the sharpest pencil in the box.
<-o
Cana

Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was already asked you illiterate moron, TWICE!
Maybe if you'd quit skimming posts to find just enough info for you to build your idiotic strawmen and instead actually comprehend the content, you wouldn't come across as such a fool.
Lol...all I hear you say is...Cana has a double standards.

What the Fuck...does that mean.

I have been posting on this thread for a long time, there are three other posters along with myself that have the same theme running through our posts. We are kind of on the same page, but I have taken all of them to task over the years; as my disagreement with immigrants revolves around fairy-tale assholes.

I liked your knock down on Canadian war battles with that poster on another thread!

If you think the US is our friend...then you need to re-visit the past.
Cana

Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

1USA1 wrote:
<quoted text>I've said it before you're not the sharpest pencil in the box.
<-o
hi...sadistfided
Cana

Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

edit...satistfied...don't play with fire!
Roger

Mesquite, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

The next Sikh I see...I'm gonna kill the b@stard. They are an absolute waste of life. Scum bags.

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

The 'Shwa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Cana wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...all I hear you say is...Cana has a double standards.
What the Fuck...does that mean.
I have been posting on this thread for a long time, there are three other posters along with myself that have the same theme running through our posts. We are kind of on the same page, but I have taken all of them to task over the years; as my disagreement with immigrants revolves around fairy-tale assholes.
I liked your knock down on Canadian war battles with that poster on another thread!
If you think the US is our friend...then you need to re-visit the past.
I never said the US was our friend. I have said many times though that we're SUPPOSED to be friends but we're more like family instead. Trust me, if there was anyone in Canada that had reason to hate Americans, it would be me or anyone else that spent the better part of 20+ years living across the river from Detroit. But I also grew up. Unless someone from the US is going out of their way to be a complete and utter twat, I try and distinguish my dislike for the American administration(present and several past ones) from my like of the country and its people.

When it comes to the US govt, the relationship with Canada has been pretty rocky at times, but when it comes to Americans, it's amazing the generousity they have when helping others. You see a history of issues between our administrations, which there no doubt is, but what you don't see very often in the news, are the private relations between non-govt entities and/or individuals.

For example, the histories of Windsor and Detroit are inextricably intertwined, from the days before the War of 1812 right up to today. There's even a two week celebration called the Detroit/Windsor Freedom Festival that culminates in what was one of the largest and longest fireworks displays in North America until the introduction of the huge international fireworks competitions.
The mile wide river would be so thick with personal watercraft on fireworks night that you could walk across them from one city to the other.
There have been several examples(pre-9/11 anyway) where the two cities would try and work with the border services to try and streamline the flow of direct business between them. On other occasions, emergency and medical services have helped each other out.
During the Detroit riots of 1967, firemen and paramedics from Windsor risked their lives to help their brothers in Detroit.
Years later when the Ontario govt let the Windsor area down as far as having proper access to chronic heart care, Detroit hospitals stepped up and offered their services and took OHIP AS PAYMENT at the rates OHIP paid Ontario hospitals for the same services.

Govts suck, it's the actual people that matter. And I'll tell you something I've told many others, there's over 200 countries I'd rather NOT be neighbours with.

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said the US was our friend. I have said many times though that we're SUPPOSED to be friends but we're more like family instead. Trust me, if there was anyone in Canada that had reason to hate Americans, it would be me or anyone else that spent the better part of 20+ years living across the river from Detroit. But I also grew up. Unless someone from the US is going out of their way to be a complete and utter twat, I try and distinguish my dislike for the American administration(present and several past ones) from my like of the country and its people.
When it comes to the US govt, the relationship with Canada has been pretty rocky at times, but when it comes to Americans, it's amazing the generousity they have when helping others. You see a history of issues between our administrations, which there no doubt is, but what you don't see very often in the news, are the private relations between non-govt entities and/or individuals.
For example, the histories of Windsor and Detroit are inextricably intertwined, from the days before the War of 1812 right up to today. There's even a two week celebration called the Detroit/Windsor Freedom Festival that culminates in what was one of the largest and longest fireworks displays in North America until the introduction of the huge international fireworks competitions.
The mile wide river would be so thick with personal watercraft on fireworks night that you could walk across them from one city to the other.
There have been several examples(pre-9/11 anyway) where the two cities would try and work with the border services to try and streamline the flow of direct business between them. On other occasions, emergency and medical services have helped each other out.
During the Detroit riots of 1967, firemen and paramedics from Windsor risked their lives to help their brothers in Detroit.
Years later when the Ontario govt let the Windsor area down as far as having proper access to chronic heart care, Detroit hospitals stepped up and offered their services and took OHIP AS PAYMENT at the rates OHIP paid Ontario hospitals for the same services.
Govts suck, it's the actual people that matter. And I'll tell you something I've told many others, there's over 200 countries I'd rather NOT be neighbours with.
Yeah I suppose after watching a couple of episodes of Hardcore Pawn, I could see what you mean about living across from Detroit, but those brainless uneducated troglodytes, arnt a good representations of America in general.
The Truth

Abbotsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

3 more East Indians shot and killed in the last week or so, the last one was shot last night I think that makes six since the beginning of January.

What kind of Sikh/Indian gang war is going on in Surrey?

It's back to the same killing rate as it was in the late nineties.

Must be the latest wave of East Indian gang bangers.
Guru Gobind Singh

Surrey, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

When will the towel-heads in Surrey throw in the towel ?

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Cana wrote:
edit...satistfied...don't play with fire!
I wouldn't exactly consider you equating to fire by any stretch of the imagination. <-o

“Seriously guys...”

The 'Shwa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

1USA1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I suppose after watching a couple of episodes of Hardcore Pawn, I could see what you mean about living across from Detroit, but those brainless uneducated troglodytes, arnt a good representations of America in general.
No, they sure aren't. I loved Minnesota though. The people are very similar to Canadians except some of them conceal carry lol.
The American Indians in the Dakotas are really cool, or at least they have been to me.
Texas used to be a GREAT place to visit if you were Canadian, these days, not so much.
"Hillbillies" are pretty interesting people though. For a group of people that certainly wouldn't be considered the smartest people in America, they sure are friendly as all git out and know how to have fun. It's funny too cuz while some of them may not have much, they do have manners.
I think my biggest surprise was New Jersey. Omg that damn accent is an assault on the ears. It's like getting hit in the head with a frying pan LOL but the people I met were really friendly and very well educated.
Btw, parts of that state really DO smell funny O.O

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they sure aren't. I loved Minnesota though. The people are very similar to Canadians except some of them conceal carry lol.
The American Indians in the Dakotas are really cool, or at least they have been to me.
Texas used to be a GREAT place to visit if you were Canadian, these days, not so much.
"Hillbillies" are pretty interesting people though. For a group of people that certainly wouldn't be considered the smartest people in America, they sure are friendly as all git out and know how to have fun. It's funny too cuz while some of them may not have much, they do have manners.
I think my biggest surprise was New Jersey. Omg that damn accent is an assault on the ears. It's like getting hit in the head with a frying pan LOL but the people I met were really friendly and very well educated.
Btw, parts of that state really DO smell funny O.O
I'm a concealed carry guy myself, I know what you're saying on the Jersey accent, but as far as insulting the ears go, it pales in comparison to that whiny undertone within the Boston accent, which is really hard to take. As far as Hillbillies go, it depends on the bread. I can't remember which state, but I think it was either Kentucky or North Carolina that the Tar Heels came out and they wound up in Washington and Oregon, due to the logging industry. I have found from my personal experience living in a log in town, that they are definitely a xenophobic bunch, typically very hostile to outsiders.
Cana

Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
History aside...the US has never honored Canada.

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Cana wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because everyone in America, hates you Cana. <-o
Cana

Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

1USA1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's because everyone in America, hates you Cana. <-o
Ok dummy...you have my question.

911...inside\outside...why didn't baby bush hunt down the small group shit heads?

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Cana wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok dummy...you have my question.
911...inside\outside...why didn't baby bush hunt down the small group shit heads?
How can I respond to your incoherent babbling, that makes absolutely no sense at all, fool. <-o

“Seriously guys...”

The 'Shwa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Cana wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't around in 1979, were ya.

Truth be told, the "honour" hasn't flowed south very often either. Liberal MPs like Carrolyn Parish uttering in a public place, "Damn Americans, I hate those bastards". Respect is a two way street and there have been plenty of times where the disrespect was obvious on both sides of the border.

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth be told, the "honour" hasn't flowed south very often either. Liberal MPs like Carrolyn Parish uttering in a public place, "Damn Americans, I hate those bastards". Respect is a two way street and there have been plenty of times where the disrespect was obvious on both sides of the border.
I think Cana was probably born somewhere around that time, in India or Pakistan.
Cana

Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
USer's are only interested in resources...period

Look no further that softwood...

This isn't about US people...dummy...
Athiest

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Roger
Phoenix, AZ

The next time I see a dikh, pedo and phudoo I would like to shot them dead. All three religions are scum.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Canada Forum right now

Search the Canada Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Underworld in Ottawa 3 hr santro 6
looking for grandview/galt training school for ... (Oct '08) 6 hr kimmy 162
Crime rate in Canada falls 8% in 2013 but child... 7 hr Spazz 2
Canada's ambassador to Israel draws fire over t... 8 hr lots not told to many 1
Share a good site of good quality handbags,shoe... 13 hr JossyElla168 9
What are the cheapest days to fly in Canada? Ka... 18 hr smells of Himmler 1
Charities may be asked for donor lists under CR... 18 hr smells of Himmler 1
•••
•••