Africa wants $65 bln to meet climate change

Oct 12, 2009 | Posted by: The Truth Matters | Full story: news.yahoo.com

Two months before a crucial UN climate summit African leaders on Friday said the continent needs 65 billion dollars to deal with the effects of global warming .

"We think 65 billion dollars are needed to deal with the effects of climate change on a continental scale. That is to say that our expectations are very high," Salifou Sawadogo, Burkina Faso's environment minister said at the opening of a special forum on climate change. "We are all on the same planet so there is a duty of solidarity to help the most vulnerable countries, like we are, implement policies to adapt to climate change," Sawadogo said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Santa Rita Hunter

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2009

Judged:

"We think $65 billion dollars is just enough," said Salifou Sawadogo, "to ensure that most of my immediate family will be able to retire in opulent luxury while my nation slowly bleeds to death of self-inflicted wounds." "Surely most Americans must see the need for more sacrifice to enhance the status of my clan, and so that I may purchase more arms. Yes, with $65Bn dollars, we will crush those ADF-RDA running dogs, and see their carcasses fed to buzzards as befits all who resist one party rule."
Earthling

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2009

Judged:

This is what we get for admitting culpability, taxpayer's money that could be used for the betterment of our own countries.

Our grateful thanks go to, James Hansen, IPCC, Fat Al and all the others who've helped us get deeper into debt by advertising how evil we are.
Santa Rita Hunter

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Judged:

We're not there yet. Africa wants $65Bn. The US is bankrupt. Maybe they can get it from China. Heh. I stopped giving money to international charities precisely because of stupidity like this.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Judged:

I don't want to kill our economy, just so we can give Africa more aid.
Earthling

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Santa Rita Hunter wrote:
We're not there yet. Africa wants $65Bn. The US is bankrupt. Maybe they can get it from China. Heh. I stopped giving money to international charities precisely because of stupidity like this.
When our countries decide to give Africa money, some of it will be yours.
LOL
Santa Rita Hunter

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Probably so. Just saying I oppose it. I've already written to my congressman. But as he is some sort of Azatlinist commie I am sure he'll ignore me.
Earthling

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

I wouldn't blame him for ignoring you, would you?
LOL
Earthling

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Can you really blame him?
Santa Rita Hunter

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Judged:

You're PMSing, Earthling. Does your girlfriend know she's in a lesbian relationship?
Earthling

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

After 41 years, there isn't much about me she doesn't know.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Burkina Faso Discussions

Search the Burkina Faso Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
all Burkina faso Live TV and Radio Jul 4 mike 1
Bingo Music Thread Apr '14 Musikologist 1
how to do western union transfer (Oct '13) Mar '14 Marvin 6
4 in 1 penis enlargement creams and pills call ... Mar '14 muvvel 0
I have Genuine provider for currency exchange a... Feb '14 cnsltnt 1
used rail (Nov '07) Jan '14 waqas 135
welcome to the great temple of illuminati. (Aug '13) Dec '13 Francesco Sinibaldi 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••