2 Disney ships will call Port Canaveral home in 2009

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Disney Cruise Line plans to make Port Canaveral home base for both its ships in 2009, ending a four-year adventure that sent one of them to distant waters in the Pacific and Mediterranean.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jan 17, 2008
pat of cocoa

United States

#1 Dec 5, 2007
THEY SHOULD GIVE FLORIDA RESIDENTS HALF OFF DURING SLOW TIMES.
Most likely not

Carle Place, NY

#2 Dec 5, 2007
who cares - the cruise industry is the playground of the fat and disgusting people who like to eat all day and do basically nothing...the industry should be shut down as a health risk...
Orlando

Fairport, NY

#3 Dec 5, 2007
I worked for Disney Development Company (now Disney Imagineering) in 1990/1991 and then WDW 1992-1995. Their plans at the time were cruise ships based in Seattle/Alaska, Southern California/Mexico, Tampa/western Caribbean, Canaveral/eastern Caribbean, and the Mediterranean.

Do you see a long-term strategic plan becoming reality?

Hey, most-likely-not: have you ever taken a cruise? Yes, many are fat and disgusting (sorry you are so prejudiced) but many are trim and healthy too.
Disney Is Corrupt

United States

#4 Dec 5, 2007
I quit going on Disney Cruise Lines because they abuse their employees. I have had several(a bunch) employees tell me how Disney works them long hard hours?? This sounded to me just like the people in China who work in the sweat shops making Disneys junk they sell at the parks?? Folks the Disney Cruise Lines need to be investigated for slave labor. The girl that cleaned our cabin was crying almost evertime we seen her. She wanted off the ship, but said she had a contract with Disney and could not leave. Disney and other Cruise Lines do NOT register their ships in America??? WHY WHY WHY??? Folks no lies here.. I can say that the people who work for Canival Cruise Lines were a lot more happy. Disney is so dame greedy. Folks buy the book" The Mouse Betrayed" . It was written by Peter and Rochelle Schweizer. It is published by Regnery.. It talks about Corruption Greed and Children at risk? And when you get time learn more about how Disney uses their lobbyist..

“Nothing clean”

Since: Jun 07

Palm Bay, FL

#5 Dec 5, 2007
pat of cocoa wrote:
THEY SHOULD GIVE FLORIDA RESIDENTS HALF OFF DURING SLOW TIMES.
That'd be awesome but I don't think Disney ever has a slow time. I know I'm gonna sound weird but I wish they had bigger/nicer gyms on ships. I went on one a few months ago and tried to work out (too much eating, gotta burn it off) but I had to just stick to the small circle track they had outside. There was like 2 bikes, 2 treadmills, and 2 elipticals, and very poor/old weight machines. I do love a cruise though just cause it's all inclusive and you don't have to worry about have $ around.
DVC Member

Dayton, NJ

#6 Dec 6, 2007
Most likely not wrote:
who cares - the cruise industry is the playground of the fat and disgusting people who like to eat all day and do basically nothing...the industry should be shut down as a health risk...
You are most likely in very good shape, considering all of the 'sour grapes' you seem to possess.
eltorro7382

Oviedo, FL

#7 Jan 17, 2008
all cruise lines register in either the Bahamas or Panama, just like nearly all corporations are incorportated in Wilmington, Deleware. Faverable tax conditions, etc. Disney has no exclusive on this practice. As to the employees...every company has employees who would rather not be there. They can leave if they choose. However, most will be relegated to serving or cleaning in a 3rd world hotel.
Disney Is Corrupt wrote:
I quit going on Disney Cruise Lines because they abuse their employees. I have had several(a bunch) employees tell me how Disney works them long hard hours?? This sounded to me just like the people in China who work in the sweat shops making Disneys junk they sell at the parks?? Folks the Disney Cruise Lines need to be investigated for slave labor. The girl that cleaned our cabin was crying almost evertime we seen her. She wanted off the ship, but said she had a contract with Disney and could not leave. Disney and other Cruise Lines do NOT register their ships in America??? WHY WHY WHY??? Folks no lies here.. I can say that the people who work for Canival Cruise Lines were a lot more happy. Disney is so dame greedy. Folks buy the book" The Mouse Betrayed" . It was written by Peter and Rochelle Schweizer. It is published by Regnery.. It talks about Corruption Greed and Children at risk? And when you get time learn more about how Disney uses their lobbyist..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

British Virgin Islands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BVI advice necessary in relation to BVI company... Aug 26 baltic-legal com ... 2
Tropical Storm Bertha approaching the Caribbean Aug 1 Go Blue Forever 1
BVI Music Thread (Nov '12) May '14 Musikologist 7
Club penguin password box non members only post... (May '10) Apr '14 oooo 85
bvi services- global corporate formations (Aug '13) Apr '14 Bvi service 13
Report links Chinese elite to offshore tax havens (Jan '14) Jan '14 CCP is LOOTING CHINA 9
Ukraine identifies low taxation countries for t... (Dec '13) Dec '13 name clara 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

British Virgin Islands People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••