Pomona's mayor-elect excited about new job

Tired but excited is how Pomona's mayor-elect and newly elected District 1 council representative described feeling Wednesday. Full Story
Concerned Taxpayer

Downey, CA

#1 Nov 6, 2008
Congratulations Pomona on electing a new mayor and defeating the utility tax...

1. You get what you pay for.
2. You get what you pay for.

Good Luck Pomona, you will need it !!
5thdistrictresid ent

Duarte, CA

#2 Nov 6, 2008
Congratulations Elliott!!
PROMISE

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3 Nov 6, 2008
Elliott Corona....exciting days on the horizon as the State Attorney's investigation unfolds!
Vesta Curry

United States

#4 Nov 6, 2008
I just keep wondering what kind of scandal will bring Rothman down.
There will be so many to choose from. Past indiscretions or future ones.
Start taking bets.
Zeke from Cabin Creek

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Nov 7, 2008
Congratulations Mayor Rothman. A big victory and the citizens have spoke that they want a real person and not a also ran who said he was for the people but really was a special interest puppet. If they investigate the Mayor, then just open one up for the old Mayor, Councilman who steal land and Councilwomen who use power for personal gains. Now with the new President we see citizens that are tired of the old politicians with the old ideas that only hindered the New USA and it's exciting new future. New idea
Duncan Hines

Brea, CA

#6 Nov 7, 2008
I just hope that Danielle Soto has more intelligence than what her idiot grandmother has displayed in her political "career"....
Longtime resident

Upland, CA

#7 Nov 8, 2008
Will Pomona create a new job position - "Designated Driver"? Does anyone know if Vegas has a line on how long it will be before the new mayor gets caught stepping on his thing again? These are questions that beg an answer!
artymom

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Nov 17, 2008
I am surprised that Elliott Rothman won the election. A mayoral candidate should hold the law in the highest regard! Mr. Rothman received a DUI just before the election! If "decision making abilities" should be the most important to Pomona residents! I have a teen that is just learning to drive and he's the one that told me the news! All of the Diamond Ranch kids knew about it! What message does this send to our new teen drivers that are most impressionable and will be hitting the streets soon? I am shocked at Mr. Rothman. He should have bowed out of the race. I am surprised at the residents who voted him in. I saw him 2 years ago in Kmart in his robe! with his wife and farting! No joke while he looked at the men's jackets! At Lorbeer a few years back he was supposed to give the school a check and got on stage (unprepared as is per usual - no speech ready), and then reached in his pocket to hand the check to the principle (in front of the entire student population) and forgot it! he's not organized, he is disheveled, gross and now this DUI? First of all why did he do the median on Village Loop? it crowded the lanes. To spend money just to make it prettier? the green belt makes it pretty already! I was shocked at that back in '99. He could have done something more useful with the money, like help Westmont or boost after school programs. Now people drive the loop and the cars are crowded very crowded - but that's an old issue. I have been watching him for many years, he is not fit to be mayor. Steven Atchley or someone new should be in that spot. I am not sure about George Hunter, but I do know that Mr. Rothman is embarassing. Pomona is trying to better it's reputation and we elect this guy? OMG....
Zeke from Cabin Creek

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Nov 20, 2008
Kmart? are you kidding me..where in La Verne that's the only one I knew of 2 years ago and they were closed down probably. This just shows that your either a comedian or a script writer for MAD TV because you are mad.

When did he get a DUI..I recalled he wasn't charge with it offense did you tell your child that he was not charge or did your child tell you since you seem not to have your facts straight. So what else do we believe from your writing.

The islands on Village Loop are much more attractive then a yellow line down the middle of the street. Most of the motorist who use the road are only driving it for a shortcut through the neighborhood. And it cuts down the speeders that travel at a 50mph speed down the loop.

Make sure your child knows the outcome of the DUI "charge" that he was not "charge" so he can tell all his fellow students at DRanch school. Please get your facts straight and give the man a chance before judging him.

Pomona does have a good reputation if your in a positive frame of mind and not mad at this great community but loving it like all of us have their entire life. If you don't love it...leave it and don't let a checkpoint stop you.
David

Kent, WA

#10 Nov 20, 2008
Maybe they will kick out all the scum illegals and clean up Poormona.
sdsd

Overland Park, KS

#11 Nov 25, 2008
David wrote:
Maybe they will kick out all the scum illegals and clean up Poormona.
?
ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL does

Brea, CA

#12 Nov 29, 2008
sdsd wrote:
<quoted text>
?
Ummmmm...what part didn't you understand?
Longtime resident

Upland, CA

#13 Dec 9, 2008
Zeke from Cabin Creek wrote:
Kmart? are you kidding me..where in La Verne that's the only one I knew of 2 years ago and they were closed down probably. This just shows that your either a comedian or a script writer for MAD TV because you are mad.
When did he get a DUI..I recalled he wasn't charge with it offense did you tell your child that he was not charge or did your child tell you since you seem not to have your facts straight. So what else do we believe from your writing.
The islands on Village Loop are much more attractive then a yellow line down the middle of the street. Most of the motorist who use the road are only driving it for a shortcut through the neighborhood. And it cuts down the speeders that travel at a 50mph speed down the loop.
Make sure your child knows the outcome of the DUI "charge" that he was not "charge" so he can tell all his fellow students at DRanch school. Please get your facts straight and give the man a chance before judging him.
Pomona does have a good reputation if your in a positive frame of mind and not mad at this great community but loving it like all of us have their entire life. If you don't love it...leave it and don't let a checkpoint stop you.
I'm sure that artymom saw farting "dressed to the nines as usual" Elliott at Kmart in Diamond Bar (still open, last I checked). Sounds like an accurate description. And while you are correct that the new mayor was not charged with a DUI, his BAL was .04, so it would have been correct to say that he was drinking and driving. I guess this sets a positive example in your mind. While I agree that the Village Loop medians are more attractive than double yellows, the medians are too wide and crowd the lanes - poor planning. And by the way, idiots still drive 50 mph (or more) regularly. I appreciate that the Pomona PD motor units try to get out occasionally with the radar guns. You can forget about ever seeing that again if the mayor and his cast of idiots dismantle PPD and bring in LASD.
johnny velasquez

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Dec 11, 2008
looks like he's getting some pay back for the DUI
johnny velasquez

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Dec 11, 2008
THE LAST GOVENOR DID SOMETHING STUPID WE GOT A NEW ONE POMONA SHOULD GET A NEW MAYOR YOUR POLICE CHEIF IS DOING HIS JOB AND HE GETS FIRED WHY DONT WE ALL GO TO POMONA AND DRIVE DRUNK WITHOUT LICENCE AND INSURENCE
ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL does

Brea, CA

#16 Dec 18, 2008
Pomona has been mis managed for quite some time...

Eddie Cortez sucked as mayor...

Norma Torres definitely sucked as mayor...

...and I'm most certain that Elliott Rothman will suck as well...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belize Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do You have traffic on Premium Rate Numbers Fri Shriparascorportion 1
CURE for HIV/AIDS.....Ambush (Nov '07) Jan 20 Milian 34
Belize City Music Forum (Mar '13) Jan '15 Musikologist 11
American considering move to Belize in retirement (May '09) Dec '14 Anon 288
Jesus Christ, the Son of God Oct '14 Son of God 1
Bringing all students of the caribbean them (May '14) May '14 Mr D 1
making money with international premium rate n... (Apr '14) Apr '14 premium rate numbers 1
More from around the web