Bone Loss Due To Alcoholism May Be Reclaimed By Abstinence From Alcohol Plus Physical Exercise

Sep 18, 2012 Full story: MediLexicon

Osteoporosis, or reduced bone mineral density , is defined by an absolute decrease in total bone mass, caused mostly by an imbalance between osteoclastic bone resorption and osteoblastic bone formation.

Full Story
Rain

United States

#1 Oct 11, 2012
Some studies suggest that alcohol decreases estrogen and can lead to irregular periods. As estrogen declines, bone remodelling slows and leads to bone loss. If you’re in the menopausal years, this adds to the bone loss that’s naturally occurring. However, the public may need to be aware that when patients take Fosamax, which is used to treat bone loss, they are risking the development of osteonecrosis of the jaw. This uncomfortable disease causes severe pain that result from the jawbone tissue dying. You should seek medical attention right away if you start to notice this. Those who have suffered from these serious side effects caused by Fosamax have filed personal injury lawsuits. You may also refer at http://www.fosamaxfemurfracturelawsuit.com for more information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Austria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Probability Concepts in Engineering Emphasis on... 5 hr mark 1
SOLUTIONS MANUAL: Advanced Engineering Thermody... Sat mark 1
SOLUTIONS MANUAL: Quantitative Chemical Analysi... Sat mark 1
weed, cannabis, grün, mjay Sep 12 BillyB 1
Austria far-rightist's presidential bid draws i... (Mar '10) Sep 10 Swedenforever 79
Humans now the major cause of alpine glacier me... Sep 9 Eman 2
Immediate Cause of World War One Sep 5 Tomica Teklic 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Austria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••