Wallabies escape from farm in Austrian a " yes, Austrian a " countryside

Apr 18, 2013 Full story: 680News

The kangaroo-like marsupials, which are smaller than "roos" and primarily found in Australia, escaped from a farm in the Upper Austrian countryside, about 180 kilometres northwest of Vienna.

Full Story
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#1 Apr 18, 2013
"VIENNA – Volunteers are searching for a pair of wallabies hopping through Austria — yes, Austria.

The kangaroo-like marsupials, which are smaller than “roos” and primarily found in Australia, escaped from a farm in the Upper Austrian countryside, about 180 kilometres (about 110 miles) northwest of Vienna. Thursday was the third day of the quest to find them.

There are actually three wallabies on the loose — owner Gabrielle Schrammel says the female has a joey in her pouch.

Austrians often express irritation at being confused for Australians while abroad, and mail meant for Australia occasionally surfaces in this central European Alpine country."

I hope these poor creatures fare well.
patron of darmocel

Henderson, NV

#2 Apr 19, 2013
Just put a few shrimps on the barbie and the odor will lure them back to their enclosure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Austria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is it about Mini that makes it so popular? (Aug '13) Oct 15 supersonic boom 55
THE AUSTRlAN MORON! Oct 11 CANADEZOS 1
World War I: How did the unthinkable happen? Oct 11 Lukashenko is Dr ... 22
Jesus Christ, the Son of God Oct 9 Son of God 1
Austria far-rightist's presidential bid draws i... (Mar '10) Oct 6 Swedenforever 83
Austrian Governemnt to immediately shelter 600,... Oct 6 JDs Place 1
Nothing has been changed in Ukraine Oct 3 Denisined 1

Austria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE