<quoted text>
Being Indian should be recognised as one too
haha !!
loverices

Australia

#215 Feb 7, 2013
Mer wrote:
<quoted text>
No contacts. No European ancestory that I am aware of. Also, black eyes look totally different to brown eyes. Many eyes are different shades of blue or brown around the globe but actual black eyes are one of the rarest kinds in the world...including in Asia.
my cousin actually has the darkest eyes I've seen. almost black. our ethnicity is a combo of south east Asian with Indian and Chinese. now me and my siblings have brown to hazel brown. ppl assume that I'm half cos of my big eyes and light brown in colour and my hair is naturally brown not black. My parents are as Asian as u can get but I don't know y we have these features...

ppl find it easier to stereotype and not accept the individual for who they are - visually or mentally.
mike

Saint Marys, Australia

#216 Feb 7, 2013
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
The gene for blue eyes actually evolved in central Asia just north of the black sea around what is today Uzbekistan.
http://occupycorporatism.com/blue-eyes-origin...
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/...
Have you ever been to any Scandinavian or Baltic countries?
mike

Saint Marys, Australia

#217 Feb 7, 2013
loverices wrote:
<quoted text>
my cousin actually has the darkest eyes I've seen. almost black. our ethnicity is a combo of south east Asian with Indian and Chinese. now me and my siblings have brown to hazel brown. ppl assume that I'm half cos of my big eyes and light brown in colour and my hair is naturally brown not black. My parents are as Asian as u can get but I don't know y we have these features...
ppl find it easier to stereotype and not accept the individual for who they are - visually or mentally.
Another thing common in Asia is it's considered a complement to say to someone that you look half caucasian. Instead of embracing their traditional natural features.

And they say they are not trying to look like Westerners lol.

But if you think Asians East Asians naturally have blue eyes than then I'm ok with you thinking that. It's a free country you can believe that if you want to.
mike

Saint Marys, Australia

#218 Feb 7, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you will find the most people with low levels of melanin both hair and eyes in the Baltic region.

Common sense says to me that people have spread with these traits (which encompass several genes btw) through natural selection and isolation in the baltic region some time ago.

Obviously there was a selection pressure driving the advantage of low melanin.

A lot of these people have migrated down to Western Europe and the UK and all over Europe and the places like the UK and Western Europe have kept a high percentage of these genes.

A chromosone has the potential for many gene sequences this is the result of just random variation in any generation of offspring.

This is selected for again and again and again, usually it is a result of people with the opposite characteristic not producing offspring that survive the next generation. For eg women with these features may have been able to absorb more vitamin D and have a better pelvis for giving birth.

Maybe we don't know the reason for it yet? One thing I can tell you is forget what you hear about people in Africa or Asia having blue eyes, it's bs the trait comes from Northern Europe and has spread from there.
loverices

Australia

#219 Feb 7, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thing common in Asia is it's considered a complement to say to someone that you look half caucasian. Instead of embracing their traditional natural features.
And they say they are not trying to look like Westerners lol.
maybe so, but how is receiving a compliment about your looks in any way not embracing their traditional looks?
I don't take it as anything bsides the fact that ppl are actually trying to find out what nationality I am.
I'm sorry I don't get what u are saying.
mike

Bankstown, Australia

#220 Feb 7, 2013
Whites may have come from those Eurasian and middle eastern regions across into scandinavia and Western Europe thousands of years ago. But the point to consider is the isolation that this early (thousands of years ago) group has undergone.

That is where the selection happens.

There may have been several migrations into Europe many thousands of years ago, but the Europeans have been isolated enough for these traits to evolve and be preserved.

I am highly critical of suggestion that blue eyes were selected for in "central" Asia.

There may have been early migrations from here.

But certainly the Baltic regions of Scandinavia is where this trait was selected! You only need to look at how prevelent light eyes and hair are there.

I consider the Black sea to be Eastern Europe/ Western Asia not "central Asia"!

I agree that Europeans probably came from this area once upon a time, but light eyes, no way that happened around the Baltic.

It's like saying blue eyes evolved in Africa.

There is strong evidence to suggest all non africans did infact come from africa once upon a time ago, but they were selected in their own environments Asia, Europe, The pacific islands, The Americas etc once they left Africa.
mike

Sydney, Australia

#221 Feb 7, 2013
loverices wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe so, but how is receiving a compliment about your looks in any way not embracing their traditional looks?
I don't take it as anything bsides the fact that ppl are actually trying to find out what nationality I am.
I'm sorry I don't get what u are saying.
People in Asia are obsessed with looking white, white skin etc. To say that someone looks half (half white) is literally a complement. I'm plain white, typical western features if someone told me I looked half Asian I would be like WTF yeah whatever.
But in Asia it is considered "better" more beautiful to be half white or look half white/ caucasian and people actually say this to one another like a complement.

If a caucasian person who had never seen an Asian person said to me "what does an Asian person look like?" I would say straight black hair, dark smaller eyes, flatter wider nose. Generally shorter in height. Thats generally speaking and one Asian might have big eyes or be tall, but generally thats going to destinguish between an Asian and a Caucasian.
mike

Sydney, Australia

#222 Feb 7, 2013
Personally I sometimes wish I was black and didn't get sunburnt and get a head ache when I don't wear shades. I don't see being white as any advantage at all. It amazes me why so many Asians try so hard to look as "white" as possible. They look so much better natural.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#223 Feb 7, 2013
Winnie Blue wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Arabs have green eyes, some are even blue..
Yeah like Lawrence of Arabia
The Professor

Sydney, Australia

#224 Feb 7, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
People in Asia are obsessed with looking white, white skin etc. To say that someone looks half (half white) is literally a complement. I'm plain white, typical western features if someone told me I looked half Asian I would be like WTF yeah whatever.
But in Asia it is considered "better" more beautiful to be half white or look half white/ caucasian and people actually say this to one another like a complement.
If a caucasian person who had never seen an Asian person said to me "what does an Asian person look like?" I would say straight black hair, dark smaller eyes, flatter wider nose. Generally shorter in height. Thats generally speaking and one Asian might have big eyes or be tall, but generally thats going to destinguish between an Asian and a Caucasian.
That's because they have been brainwashed by the media.

Same goes for the whities
loverices

Australia

#225 Feb 7, 2013
mike wrote:
Personally I sometimes wish I was black and didn't get sunburnt and get a head ache when I don't wear shades. I don't see being white as any advantage at all. It amazes me why so many Asians try so hard to look as "white" as possible. They look so much better natural.

Its funny how westerners like to have that sun kissed glow tan complexion but its the opposite for asians. whiter u are, better. I don't think its cos we want to be white like Europeans, man we wont/ can't but I think its cos we try to achieve a clearer cleaner complexion.

we always want what we don't have. man I wish I had curly hair and didn't tan like a m@#%&* f-*&%# everytime I stepped outside. doesn't mean I want to b white.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#226 Feb 7, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the links? 6-10,000 yrs ago a handful of blue-eyed individuals migrated from central Asia to scandanavia and propogated to the point that 95% of scandanavians have blue eyes. Apparently one Asian man with this mutation was the ancestor of all Scandis.
Yep

Australia

#227 Feb 7, 2013
mike wrote:
It's because all the heros in the western movies are obviously white 'manly' men. All the romance portrayed in movies grabs every woman's heart and are lead to belive all white men are herotic as well as full of romance and sweetness. Asian men have been stereotyped as nerds, feminine- and all that yahoo. It's really a shame because many are very manly and caring but aren't portrayed in blockbuster movies that aired worldwide.

“Ruler of Topix Australia .. ”

Since: Feb 12

the Holy City

#228 Feb 8, 2013
If I may throw in my 2 cents

Its a funny thing, because back in the day the only white guys with Asian girls were the cliche of the nerdy one or the old guy looking for a hot young Asian playmate

But now, you look around and its asian girl with all kinds

I even saw a chubby Indian brethren with one. I dont know if he was a millionaire but I respect his game

Asian girls are sweethearts for the most part. They may scare easily and keep to themselves a lot but they wanna meet people.

Granted my mind only changed about em last year but hey
steve

Australia

#229 Feb 8, 2013
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the links? 6-10,000 yrs ago a handful of blue-eyed individuals migrated from central Asia to scandanavia and propogated to the point that 95% of scandanavians have blue eyes. Apparently one Asian man with this mutation was the ancestor of all Scandis.

This is not real science. This mans ideas are just that, his ideas not many agree with him. Look at any kind of trait it is never just bang there you go a man is born with bright blue eyes. bang a man is born white skinned. bang a man is born six feet tall. These traits, all traits are selected for. The first people, not one man but many men would have had a selection pressure. Lets say seeing in the dark, people with light eyes see particularly well in the dark. lets say not being able to find your way back home in the dark is the cause of many deaths in northern europe thiusands of years ago. so the people with dark eyes are dying , they cant see as well. over a couple of thousand years of this happening (not just a single generation) but thousands of years you end up with people going from dark brown eyes to light brown then blues and greens. There is much variation in eye colour in europe light blues and greens to light brown, not just light and dark. Eye colour is the product of many genes not just one.. at least many DNA sequences not just a small srction. This is simply not real science. As someone with a science background, it's disturbing ..i ll say this much, dont believe everything you read! This "study" is very poor. The people entering europe would have been brown skinned like arabs. The low light conditions of Scandinavia is where the selection took place. This mans ideas of one man from Asia are just daft.
steve

Australia

#230 Feb 8, 2013
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>

You are obvoiusly a person who believes everything you read, no matter who proposes the idea, you have been taken for a ride here. Selection happened in scandinavia no doubt at all. look at other places of high selection and isolation the pacific islanders, they have some unique traits selected in the island environment.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#231 Feb 8, 2013
steve wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not real science. This mans ideas are just that, his ideas not many agree with him. Look at any kind of trait it is never just bang there you go a man is born with bright blue eyes. bang a man is born white skinned. bang a man is born six feet tall. These traits, all traits are selected for. The first people, not one man but many men would have had a selection pressure. Lets say seeing in the dark, people with light eyes see particularly well in the dark. lets say not being able to find your way back home in the dark is the cause of many deaths in northern europe thiusands of years ago. so the people with dark eyes are dying , they cant see as well. over a couple of thousand years of this happening (not just a single generation) but thousands of years you end up with people going from dark brown eyes to light brown then blues and greens. There is much variation in eye colour in europe light blues and greens to light brown, not just light and dark. Eye colour is the product of many genes not just one.. at least many DNA sequences not just a small srction. This is simply not real science. As someone with a science background, it's disturbing ..i ll say this much, dont believe everything you read! This "study" is very poor. The people entering europe would have been brown skinned like arabs. The low light conditions of Scandinavia is where the selection took place. This mans ideas of one man from Asia are just daft.
There is no evidence that blue eyes improve night vision. There would have been selection pressure based on lower melanin that allowed greater absorption of Vit D from the low sunlight preventing illness and birth defects.
The
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#232 Feb 8, 2013
steve wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obvoiusly a person who believes everything you read, no matter who proposes the idea, you have been taken for a ride here. Selection happened in scandinavia no doubt at all. look at other places of high selection and isolation the pacific islanders, they have some unique traits selected in the island environment.
They are scientific papers that underwent peer review. It's valid scientific research, not tabloid journalism.

“Ruler of Topix Australia .. ”

Since: Feb 12

the Holy City

#233 Feb 8, 2013
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence that blue eyes improve night vision. There would have been selection pressure based on lower melanin that allowed greater absorption of Vit D from the low sunlight preventing illness and birth defects.
The
lol if blue eyes improved night vision, the US military would only hire blue eyed people to be snipers and covert ops

lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aborigines lives in 4th world poverty due to ra... 10 min Black dogshyt 23
Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) 11 min MUQ1 45,515
WAR India v Australia, who will win? 27 min Mr Peter Hall 6,664
The original greeks were fair? 28 min stink white convi... 4
shaving pubes 36 min Goats milk Australia 18
jewish conspiracy to destroy white races.USA pr... 46 min Anglo-Saxon-Celt 5
Recycled Dunny Paper feels like sand paper on y... 1 hr The Anti-Muhammad 1
Woolworths criticised for 'If you don't love it... 1 hr dreamer78 91
Australian police charge teens over 'racist' tr... 2 hr Baa Baa Black sheep 111
PC gone mad 7 hr Pissed off Mother 53