Government steals from inactive bank accounts

Posted in the Australia Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 45 Comments Last updated Apr 25, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Good Aussies

Anonymous Proxy

#1 Apr 24, 2013
Does anyone care that the government can out in the open steal your money straight from your bank accounts?

If you have any money in the bank I'd recommend swapping it for gold or silver or artwork.

http://www.news.com.au/money/banking/cash-gra...

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

#2 Apr 24, 2013
Good Aussies wrote:
Does anyone care that the government can out in the open steal your money straight from your bank accounts?
Yes we do, but how do you stop the lowlife scum from doing it?
They do whatever they want, doesn't matter what the people say.
Anglo-Saxon-Celt

Sydney, Australia

#3 Apr 24, 2013
People are lemmings. The government can do whatever they want to people today and the people wont complain. The lemmings think that everything is ok because they have TV and an iphone and a computer. They dont understand what real freedom is so they'll settle for anything. They're pathetic and a danger unto themselves and everybody else.

I say we exterminate the lemmings.
Quarry Worker

Brisbane, Australia

#4 Apr 24, 2013
What would u expect from Gillard--shes a suspect under investigation for the theft of a million dollars of AWU (Australian Workers Union) funds while shacked up with her AWU union boyfriend Bruce Wilson whilst she was employed by Slater and Gordon. Victorian Police are currently full on with this investigation. Why would she care about your old grandmothers or grandfathers bank account while he is in a nursing home or hospital. Shes the worst of the worst.

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

#5 Apr 24, 2013
Anglo-Saxon-Celt wrote:
People are lemmings. The government can do whatever they want to people today and the people wont complain. The lemmings think that everything is ok because they have TV and an iphone and a computer. They dont understand what real freedom is so they'll settle for anything. They're pathetic and a danger unto themselves and everybody else.
I say we exterminate the lemmings.
So you keep telling us.
Yet to see you come up with a solution though.

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Australia

#6 Apr 24, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So you keep telling us.
Yet to see you come up with a solution though.
Here's one idea:

1. Make a list of any & all financial institution accounts you have or manage in trust for children or family, including accounts that are mostly 'dormant'. Keep that list somewhere convenient.

2. DIVIDE that list into 2 parallel lists A & B of equal length as near as possible.

3. "pair off" accounts across those 2 lists.

4. Once every year on an easily remembered date (birthday, or beginning of the Financial Year or etc) swap (say)$10 from each account on list A to its paired-off counterpart on list B (and the next year vice versa).

5. Keep up this rotation yearly to demonstrate evidence of "activity" in all accounts, within the definition of this iniquitous legislation.
Breaking Newz

Brisbane, Australia

#7 Apr 24, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's one idea:
1. Make a list of any & all financial institution accounts you have or manage in trust for children or family, including accounts that are mostly 'dormant'. Keep that list somewhere convenient.
2. DIVIDE that list into 2 parallel lists A & B of equal length as near as possible.
3. "pair off" accounts across those 2 lists.
4. Once every year on an easily remembered date (birthday, or beginning of the Financial Year or etc) swap (say)$10 from each account on list A to its paired-off counterpart on list B (and the next year vice versa).
5. Keep up this rotation yearly to demonstrate evidence of "activity" in all accounts, within the definition of this iniquitous legislation.
Your account is safe. Your dole will be paid every second Thursday as it has for last 20 years as usual.

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Australia

#8 Apr 24, 2013
Breaking Newz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your account is safe. Your dole will be paid every second Thursday as it has for last 20 years as usual.
I'll have to take your word for that. I've never had to depend on handouts of any sort. I respect your long experience.
Anglo-Saxon-Celt

Sydney, Australia

#9 Apr 24, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So you keep telling us.
Yet to see you come up with a solution though.
I came up with a solution ages ago.

Put them all in a field somewhere and bomb the bastards!:)

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

#10 Apr 25, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's one idea:
1. Make a list of any & all financial institution accounts you have or manage in trust for children or family, including accounts that are mostly 'dormant'. Keep that list somewhere convenient.
2. DIVIDE that list into 2 parallel lists A & B of equal length as near as possible.
3. "pair off" accounts across those 2 lists.
4. Once every year on an easily remembered date (birthday, or beginning of the Financial Year or etc) swap (say)$10 from each account on list A to its paired-off counterpart on list B (and the next year vice versa).
5. Keep up this rotation yearly to demonstrate evidence of "activity" in all accounts, within the definition of this iniquitous legislation.
Yep, that's pretty much exactly what we've decided to do.
Might only be a handful of peanuts in each account but those thieves aren't getting it.
Foo

Windaroo, Australia

#11 Apr 25, 2013
Good Aussies wrote:
Does anyone care that the government can out in the open steal your money straight from your bank accounts?
If you have any money in the bank I'd recommend swapping it for gold or silver or artwork.
http://www.news.com.au/money/banking/cash-gra...
You are one seriously idiotic hypocrit GA !.....(lol).....would you prefer that your "jewish bankers" kept that money , rather than using it to add to Australian internal revenue ?....the link you provided also states quite clearly , the if you want to claim the money back , in full , its no problem....I'd much prefer to see Australian revenue have , and use that money , than those bludging , parasite bank companies......you truely are a brain-dead moron GA.........(lol)

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

#12 Apr 25, 2013
Anglo-Saxon-Celt wrote:
<quoted text>
I came up with a solution ages ago.
Put them all in a field somewhere and bomb the bastards!:)
Lol, no Anglo.
That might work ok in dreamland but we need real solutions to stop these parasite politicians legislating garbage like this that is of no benefit at all to the people.
Challenge them without very deep pockets & they see you silenced, they just totally ignore the wishes of the voters like the arrogant pigs they are & until that problem is rectified nothing will change.

If anything I can see some legal challenges coming from this legislation.
Just because an account isn't used by the holder doesn't mean it's inactive.
There are interest payments, account keeping fees etc., which as far as I know are classed as transactions on a statement.
To me that says accounts are not inactive.
Depends on how they've worded the legislation I guess.

They say people can get any confiscated monies back from ASIC, ha ha, what a joke.
Everyone knows if the government believes you owe them money they hound you into oblivion for it, but if they owe you money, probably not a good idea holding your breath waiting for it.
Foo

Windaroo, Australia

#13 Apr 25, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we do, but how do you stop the lowlife scum from doing it?
They do whatever they want, doesn't matter what the people say.
This is in no way stealing your money. The government has obviously decided that the money , in safe keeping , is better off with the government , than parasite banks that won't even pass on interest rate cuts when they occur.....Stealing ? what a ridiculous thing to assume..... News.com is a blatant rightwing propaganda turn out that rarely tell the truth.....anyone who wishes tp claim their money after 3 years can most certainly do so......I'd rather see the government have it than the bludging bankers who give you nothing and charge you for everything.....wake up to yourself you idiot , and start using your own brain , instead of being a mule for the incessant lieing rightwing media knobs.....you pricks are becoming an embarrasment to all Australians........

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Australia

#14 Apr 25, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that's pretty much exactly what we've decided to do.
Might only be a handful of peanuts in each account but those thieves aren't getting it.
It's a simple enough plan, but irksome to have to take on board yet one more impost to safeguard our savings.

Typical of the moral bankruptcy of this government to predate upon the unwary.

Of course, if the Libs get in next, what's the betting that they do nothing to rescind this foul legislation?

"Never stand between a politician and a bucket of money!"
The SWAT TEAM

Anonymous Proxy

#15 Apr 25, 2013
[QUOTE who="The http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/system/prod... ;]<quoted text>
DELETED [/QUOTE]

GO AWAY

http://www.arrse.co.uk/gallery/files/1/3/7/8/...

We told you FUKINGAYHOMOSEXUAL Pilon Benders:

Enough of the BASTARD DELETERs Benders and the hordes of sock puppet SPAMalot MalbarCACA SPAMMERs, ID and posts KNICKERs, REAL AGITATORs, TROUBLEMAKERs, IMPOSTORs, SmellyARSIE MODERATORs, TRANNYs, PIMPs, NONCEs, FUCKTURD PHAGGOT SHEMALEs, F*CKWITs, IDENTITY THIEves, PLAGIARIZERs, ROBBERs, IMPOSTORs, FUCKTURDs, DANCING LADYBOYs, Bacha Bazi Dancing RentBoys, muffin munching pony multiple FUCKTURD PHAGGOT SHEMALEs, F*CKWITs, MalbarCACAs.

Return to your cesspool and pit latrine coward, yellow belly, piss weak wimp, Liar, con artist supreme, falsifier, fraud, lowlife poltroon, gutless lily-livered pansy weakling, cheat, charlatan, conniver, fake, reprobate, scallywag, shyster, scammer, deceiver, pretentious scallywag, worthless phony, charade and travesty.

For f*ck's sake get a life and FOOK OFF for good.

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Australia

#16 Apr 25, 2013
The SWAT TEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
GO AWAY
Why?
MalbarCACA Controllers

UK

#17 Apr 25, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
We told you NITWIT FUKINGAYHOMOSEXUAL Pilon Bender:

Enough of the BASTARD DELETERs Benders and the hordes of sock puppet SPAMalot MalbarCACA SPAMMERs, ID and posts KNICKERs, REAL AGITATORs, TROUBLEMAKERs, IMPOSTORs, SmellyARSIE MODERATORs, TRANNYs, PIMPs, NONCEs, FUCKTURD PHAGGOT SHEMALEs, F*CKWITs, IDENTITY THIEves, PLAGIARIZERs, ROBBERs, IMPOSTORs, FUCKTURDs, DANCING LADYBOYs, Bacha Bazi Dancing RentBoys, muffin munching pony multiple FUCKTURD PHAGGOT SHEMALEs, F*CKWITs, MalbarCACAs.

Return to your cesspool and pit latrine coward, yellow belly, piss weak wimp, Liar, con artist supreme, falsifier, fraud, lowlife poltroon, gutless lily-livered pansy weakling, cheat, charlatan, conniver, fake, reprobate, scallywag, shyster, scammer, deceiver, pretentious scallywag, worthless phony, charade and travesty.

For f*ck's sake get a life and FOOK OFF for good.

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

#18 Apr 25, 2013
Foo wrote:
<quoted text>This is in no way stealing your money. The government has obviously decided that the money , in safe keeping , is better off with the government , than parasite banks that won't even pass on interest rate cuts when they occur.....Stealing ? what a ridiculous thing to assume..... News.com is a blatant rightwing propaganda turn out that rarely tell the truth.....anyone who wishes tp claim their money after 3 years can most certainly do so......I'd rather see the government have it than the bludging bankers who give you nothing and charge you for everything.....wake up to yourself you idiot , and start using your own brain , instead of being a mule for the incessant lieing rightwing media knobs.....you pricks are becoming an embarrasment to all Australians........
Hit a nerve did I Foo?
If you bother to have a look around you'd find this story is on a lot more sites than just News dot com.

AFAIK we're talking about savings accounts etc. which has nothing to do with banks not passing on interest rate cuts.
The money does not belong to the government or to the banks.
It belongs to the account holder.

Taking someone's money from an account just because you claim they haven't used it in 3 years is stealing, no matter how you dress it up.
It's like you having $500 in your wallet for 3 years you haven't used and me taking it because I decide you haven't used it so it belongs to me.
Legislating themselves the power to do so is criminal & in no way is it in the best interest of the Australian public.

Give it to the government?
Why?
So they can waste a few more million on overseas welfare, refugees & feathering their own nests?

All this is is a cash grab, a political stunt, brought about because of the treasurer's inability to add up.
They're getting desperate & things like this show that quite clearly.

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

#19 Apr 25, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
Of course, if the Libs get in next, what's the betting that they do nothing to rescind this foul legislation?
Can't see them doing anything about it if they get in.
The legislation was rushed through, if the opposition wanted to do something about it they'd have kicked up a stink & brought it to the attention of as many people as they could.
I never heard anything about it until it was all over.

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Australia

#20 Apr 25, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like you having $500 in your wallet for 3 years you haven't used and me taking it because I decide you haven't used it so it belongs to me.
And how would anyone know how much money is in someone's wallet, and for how long?

Not unless they had been poking their nose in where it doesn't belong.

By the same token the government has no right to poke its nose into our Bank or Credit Union accounts without a warrant, and only then if the money is suspected of being the proceeds of crime.

So now, as usual, this government is happily prepared to treat the law-abiding public like suspected criminals. Nothing new there. All par for the Fabian Marxist course.

When this government came into office it hit the ground running, squandering money in all directions like a drunken sailor with hare-brained schemes that were not essential.

Now it's broke and wants all of us to foot the bill for its irresponsibility. So it cooks up feeble excuses to claw money off us under false pretenses.

Its headlong rush to lavish our money on newly arriving freeloaders while many lifelong Australians endure hardship only emphasizes the moral criminality of this government.:(

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Australia: MH370 may have turned south sooner 3 min first round 39
WAR India v Australia, who will win? 4 min fadu singh 3,426
Indians are filthy sex perverts 8 min pit 7
Indian Girls vs White Girls, Whose More Attract... (Aug '13) 11 min fadu singh 673
Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) 12 min Manbrahmos 44,358
Is foo a petrol sniffing abo 45 min Foo 8
Pakistani are million times Hansom then ugly In... (Oct '12) 58 min truth is blowing ... 189
i hate wogs? (Sep '12) 3 hr lol 264
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Australia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••