Is Gillard the least impressive PM since McMahon?

Feb 4, 2012 Full story: The Age 50

WHEN Tony Abbott at the National Press Club invoked academic Robert Manne dismissing Julia Gillard as ''the least impressive prime minister since Billy McMahon'' last week, the Liberal crowd laughed loudly.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Galileo

Sydney, Australia

#41 Feb 5, 2012
Interesting that there has not been too much mention of the other candidates for "least impressive PM, since Mchahon. McMahon is generally derided for his speech impediment, and by the time he won the cap,most people thought it was "time for a change" from the Libs who had been in forever. And it wasn't long before most folks realized we should have left the Libs in ... just like now. Whitlam and his cronies the stupid Cairns and fool Connor et al, epitomized the ministry of silly walks. Whitlam in real life was an ego manic bombast ... Probably Keating was not quit as bad. But at least Keeting and Hawke had some economic sense. While Keating was always entertaining, Whitlam was just boastfully hot air and his governments did serious damage to the Australian economy ... just as Rudd now Gillard are doing now. Oh how we miss that whining little sod Howard and his terrier Costello. Actually, McMahon was quite a good treasurer and looked after the economy quite well when he was PM ... but he was not sexy (but his wife certainly was). So the bottom line is that the run off for least impressive PM is really between the bombastic incompetent Whitlam and the boring incompetent Gillard. Now that is a very difficult choice. It will probably be the case that Gillard will get the nod for least impressive PM ever, when she gets knifed by Rudd sometime in the next few weeks. And nobody will actually remember who she was.
Glen

Australia

#42 Feb 5, 2012
Menzies was the worst PM, for abandoning Australia in WWII. Howard comes next, partly because he was previously the worst ever treasurer but also because of the more than 30 proven lies he told while PM.
Douglas

London, UK

#43 Feb 5, 2012
Find it curious to see Tony Abbott is leading the polls over there; he is seen as a bit of a joke here. He is surely potential worst ever PM judging by his regular brain explosions.

Since: Dec 10

Canberra, Australia

#44 Feb 5, 2012
Blunt wrote:
<quoted text>No point obviously then......
Of course! I always have a point but first, my query is why it was you who asked the question and not Patrick Callioni?...
Are you tagging each other, or could you just not wait for my answer?.

Since: Apr 11

Roma, QLD

#45 Feb 5, 2012
Douglas wrote:
Find it curious to see Tony Abbott is leading the polls over there; he is seen as a bit of a joke here. He is surely potential worst ever PM judging by his regular brain explosions.
him and Gillard are on par in the retard department trust me.

Since: Dec 10

Canberra, Australia

#46 Feb 5, 2012
Douglas wrote:
And like your PMs havent given us a laugh from time to time...mind the last five have kept us in hysterics....

Since: Feb 12

Redwood City, CA

#47 Feb 5, 2012
34565757767646========hello, welcome to join us. hope you can

enjoy yourself here.---- Sugarcupid. coMIt is a personals

place where you can meet success'ful rich men, classy mature

women, rich women looking for marriage, or just meet

beautiful friends and singles.

“Free Speech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

Australia

#48 Feb 6, 2012
Douglas wrote:
He is not the PM
thor

Australia

#50 Feb 6, 2012
Mr Humbert wrote:
Least impressive PM? My ass. Gillard should tell Australians to look at the goddamn economic scoreboard. Dollar up economy up China asskissing wayup. WE ARE GODDAMN rich mates! We travel the world and ANNOY THE GODDAMN SHIT out of everyone we meet.
McMahon? What about that PM Holt. Went for a swim at the beach and never heard from him again. Shark chum. Whitlam? Didn't the Queen say YOUR FIRED. Now thats a loser.
Gillard should hold her head high. However her people, THE AUSTRALIANS, are really the most RACIST IGNORANT ANTIAMERICAN and misogynist people in the western world. Talk about least impressive. Its the Australian people.
I see you have once again been denied immigration to Australia , why dont you just fark off you mussi prick
Rakesh

Kellyville, Australia

#52 Feb 8, 2012
The Brown/Gillard/Rudd utterly failed minority government should be recorded as the worst government in Australian history. The proofs are glaringly there for all to see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white women crave for Lebanese men? (Nov '11) 14 min Sheela 87
(Sydney) Indian couple dump newborn baby in dra... 20 min Sheela 61
Australia out of step with new climate momentum 30 min animals against i... 1
Indians are liars and hos see beautiful Indian ... 44 min Hot Helen 2
Israel massacre civilians again 50 min Mohammed Khan 24
Family Feud show promoting race-mixing? 1 hr Digger 2
Australia shuts door on asylum-seekers in Indon... 2 hr Scott 166
South Australian firm DROPS Halal Accreditation! 4 hr fella 94
WAR India v Australia, who will win? 7 hr 21st Century 8,653
Pig's Mutilated Carcass Scattered Outside Austr... 7 hr Scott 31