Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Hotting up the NWO agenda perhaps?

----------

Beattie calls for states to be 'abolished'

1:38am January 2, 2013

Former Queensland premier Peter Beattie has called for the abolition of the states, saying they could be replaced by larger councils.

Mr Beattie has told The Australian newspaper the states needed to be redefined or abolished given a 2006 High Court decision that upheld the Work Choices laws.

He said in the wake of the federal industrial relations laws the states had become "hand maiden of the Commonwealth".

Mr Beattie is reported as suggesting that larger regional councils could in the long term erode the power of the states and lead to a new structure of government for Australia.

This would reduce duplication and provide better government services, the newspaper reported on Wednesday.

Mr Beattie said one of the reasons he quit state politics was because he thought the future of state governments was "dim".

The call comes after recent urgings from former prime minister Bob Hawke for state governments to be scrapped.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/01/0...
Liz

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Gottaliv wrote:
Hotting up the NWO agenda perhaps?
----------
Beattie calls for states to be 'abolished'
1:38am January 2, 2013
Former Queensland premier Peter Beattie has called for the abolition of the states, saying they could be replaced by larger councils.
Mr Beattie has told The Australian newspaper the states needed to be redefined or abolished given a 2006 High Court decision that upheld the Work Choices laws.
He said in the wake of the federal industrial relations laws the states had become "hand maiden of the Commonwealth".
Mr Beattie is reported as suggesting that larger regional councils could in the long term erode the power of the states and lead to a new structure of government for Australia.
This would reduce duplication and provide better government services, the newspaper reported on Wednesday.
Mr Beattie said one of the reasons he quit state politics was because he thought the future of state governments was "dim".
The call comes after recent urgings from former prime minister Bob Hawke for state governments to be scrapped.
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/01/0...
Peter Beattie is "HAS BEEN", and paved the road for Bligh to completely Fark Queensland. States will never be abolished , this is the kind of twisted Labor thinking that comes from the Labor Party. Gilliar will be gone in 10 months and her awful legacy will b revealed, and the debt not currently revealed by Swan and his TreaSURY lackies will send this country into recession. Labor is a sick dishonest Party controlled by Fraudsters like Gilliar , Roxon, Shorten and others. Hopefully the Victorian Gov Sets with a Royal Commission into Gilliars AWU Slush Fund Fraud.

“We don't have to take it”

Since: Jun 08

WhereTFamI?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Liz wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter Beattie is "HAS BEEN", and paved the road for Bligh to completely Fark Queensland. States will never be abolished , this is the kind of twisted Labor thinking that comes from the Labor Party. Gilliar will be gone in 10 months and her awful legacy will b revealed, and the debt not currently revealed by Swan and his TreaSURY lackies will send this country into recession. Labor is a sick dishonest Party controlled by Fraudsters like Gilliar , Roxon, Shorten and others. Hopefully the Victorian Gov Sets with a Royal Commission into Gilliars AWU Slush Fund Fraud.
This is what the New World Order agenda is all about. ONE government is just not on!!!

I really do fear for what is to become of Australia, we don't even own it anymore and the government is out of control selling us out to the highest foreign bidder.

If by some covert means labour does happen to achieve this, then we truly are under a very powerful rule and there'll be no stopping it then.

I was hoping I'd be dead before this happened, looks like I won't be if they get their own way!

Liberal is very quiet on this also.

THIS alone is the biggest and most important reason to NOT vote labour!
sid

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Gottaliv wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what the New World Order agenda is all about. ONE government is just not on!!!
I really do fear for what is to become of Australia, we don't even own it anymore and the government is out of control selling us out to the highest foreign bidder.
If by some covert means labour does happen to achieve this, then we truly are under a very powerful rule and there'll be no stopping it then.
I was hoping I'd be dead before this happened, looks like I won't be if they get their own way!
Liberal is very quiet on this also.
THIS alone is the biggest and most important reason to NOT vote labour!
Correction,the biggest and most important reason to NOT vote at all.
Foo

Capalaba, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

MWO ?...your desparation has led you towards a silly ,but predictable direction.....(lol)...ex-polit icians always have something to say. Maybe they just miss all the attention....the most corrupt form of government in Australia is at local council town planning level , and to increase their powers would be ridiculous. I doubt that it will ever happen.

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Foo wrote:
the most corrupt form of government in Australia is at local council town planning level , and to increase their powers would be ridiculous. I doubt that it will ever happen.
Their powers have already been increased in Queensland, parasite Beatty's party implemented the Local Government Act 2009.
You should read it, a real eye opener.
Even though as far as I know local councils are still not recognised by the Constitution, therefore have no powers to make or enforce laws.
Though our Constitution these days might as well be used for wiping our arses with, at least then it would be worth something...

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

sid wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction,the biggest and most important reason to NOT vote at all.
I see no point in not voting, all you do is hand them money in a fine.
People should vote for the 2 major parties last & 2nd last I reckon.
It's about time they got the message we're sick of their shit.
HighChair

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Vote for KAP and let bob katter have some real political power! If anybody can 'throw the cat among the pigeons' it is bob katter! Hell hold the two major parties to account unlike independance and greens. The greens are going for good! there policies are sh.t and are heading down the same path as the Democrats! I hope a 3rd political force can get in and fix some of the stuffup made by the two major parties!
Cool Bananas

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

HighChair wrote:
Vote for KAP and let bob katter have some real political power! If anybody can 'throw the cat among the pigeons' it is bob katter! Hell hold the two major parties to account unlike independance and greens. The greens are going for good! there policies are sh.t and are heading down the same path as the Democrats! I hope a 3rd political force can get in and fix some of the stuffup made by the two major parties!
Bob Katters party really is a great alternative, I would vote for him for sure. He is quite entertaining too, he is interesting to listen to, he has character unlike the other polititians who just drone on and on. I hope he becomes PM. I like his plan to open up crown land for outdoor sports and camping again too instead of it being locked up just for the greens.

WhereTFamI?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Foo wrote:
MWO ?...your desparation has led you towards a silly ,but predictable direction.....(lol)...ex-polit icians always have something to say. Maybe they just miss all the attention....the most corrupt form of government in Australia is at local council town planning level , and to increase their powers would be ridiculous. I doubt that it will ever happen.
There is no such thing as an ex politician, they are always slithering around in the background and tragically become mentors for present politicians.

That why the same mistakes are made over and over again.

Honestly Foo, people with your brainwashed mentality and hero worship of a corrupt government are really an enigma... it's beyond my comprehension why it is beyond your comprehension to see the real agendas behind all the spin and propaganda.

NOTHING the gov does should be taken on face value.

ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT is a reality and we're getting closer and closer to that happening now - and you can't see that?

Politicians have come out of the closet and are mentioning the wonderful New World Order by name now - it's no longer a thought conspiracy - it is now FACT.

It came out of Obama's mouth before he was re-elected, and out of Gillard's mouth a few months ago.

Get your head out of the proverbial and start 'really' listening to what is said, and start thinking for yourself!

WhereTFamI?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

HighChair wrote:
A Liberal party break-away is going to establish his own party now (can't remember his name) so we are slowly being given a few more choices.

But will the yo-yo voting sheeple vote any differently?
Cool Bananas

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Lots of idiots out there.
Some probably still try and vote democrat.
HighChair

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Cool Bananas wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob Katters party really is a great alternative, I would vote for him for sure. He is quite entertaining too, he is interesting to listen to, he has character unlike the other polititians who just drone on and on. I hope he becomes PM. I like his plan to open up crown land for outdoor sports and camping again too instead of it being locked up just for the greens.
Yes Bob Katter is not scared to speak his mind and has common sense policies! But i really think you or me could do as good of a job as Gillard is doing! The political talent in Canberra is bad at the moment and the alternative like Katter is likely to get more votes.
Foo

Capalaba, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Their powers have already been increased in Queensland, parasite Beatty's party implemented the Local Government Act 2009.
You should read it, a real eye opener.
Even though as far as I know local councils are still not recognised by the Constitution, therefore have no powers to make or enforce laws.
Though our Constitution these days might as well be used for wiping our arses with, at least then it would be worth something...
Read it quite some time ago....I interpretted it quite differently to you , it seems.....depends on any pre-concieved ideas you have or if you choose to see things that aren't there at all....
point

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

no it s opposite local councils should be abolished, state governmenets should be same.

the elitism of small groupos of autocrats people controlling australia is one of the reaosn for its mess

no anglo country has yet to break free from uk style autocratic governments and there policies because they were not democratic has ruined there countries demographically. as you see multiracial multiculturalism is in almost every english country now,uk,aus,usa,canada, yet it was never approved by the people, but forced on the people by tyranical autocratic closed governments
real democracy which means referendums on immigration types

referendums on military policy

if these things had of gone to the people, then the current immigration would of been rejected by the uastralian people and we w ould of had a moncultural society of europeans still, instead we have a multiracial multicultural mess, that can never be returned due tot he amount of different races here now who have been given citizenship.you bendover lefties can have it, im out of here.
HighChair

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Foo wrote:
Yes i have to agree that federal and state govt have a lot more 'check and balances' to stop rorting and corruption from occurring! Local govt are less monitered and the potiential for local govt to rippoff ratepayers and other money is higher!

WhereTFamI?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Foo wrote:
<quoted text>Read it quite some time ago....I interpretted it quite differently to you , it seems.....depends on any pre-concieved ideas you have or if you choose to see things that aren't there at all....
Q.

Would you be agreeable for the whole of Australia to be run by ONE government alone?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••