multiculturalism was a mistake

Posted in the Australia Forum

Comments (Page 20)

Showing posts 381 - 400 of480
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Trucker

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#431
Apr 24, 2013
 
Rationalist Hindu wrote:
<quoted text>
Valid...will back off...with thoughts of respect, even apologies, since (upon a reread) my post does seem a bit one sided and presumptuous, perhaps even leading.
Accept our ways could mean either "take up our ways, give up your own", or "accept us as we are, give it a try sometime".
Personally I think it is fair to ask some people to give up some of their ways, if said ways are irrational or can be logically shown to be bad for individuals or society, like castism or honor killings for instance. Free speech is a good Aussie cultural practice an immigrant new to it might benefit from if they gave it a try. Free Speech is another thing Aussies have built and as important as roads and bridges you speak of, respect. Common sense and universal logic may work better than "my-country-my-way technique". That also goes up against peoples egos. There are a lot of such logical, capable people in Aus too I am sure. Becky might well be one such person.
I'll bugger off now.
much better !
Anglo-Saxon-Celt

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#432
Apr 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Politicians are responsible for multiculturalism.

They must be hung.
Rationalist Hindu

New Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#433
Apr 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

voices of reason wrote:
<quoted text>
dont attack me might
why dont you show me where Im wrong ?
you know why you cant ?
cos in that one post I perfectly summed up why Australia is a fucked up little place at the bottom of the world... filled with the scraps of the gene pool
Where you are wrong is you generalized negatively about ALL AUSTRALIANS (or all white Australians) based on the posts (or actions) of a few. If you added modifiers to your judgements with constraints like "a few australians" or "some australians", your post would have been so different (less offensive), maybe even more accurate.

And you did not reply back to the individual whose post you read, you replied back to the whole of australia instead!

What if most aussies are nothing like the racist trolls that abound here? What if most of the trolls aren't even aussies but others (on proxies) from elsewhere lying that they are (white) aussies.

Maybe some Aussies are racist (or xenophobic). But it also seems to me there are a lot of people who hate aussies and are hell bent at maligning them till kingdom come. Are you such a person? Do two wrongs make a right?

(Or are you pretending to an Indian, being purposefully obnoxious, and trying to malign Indians?)
Becky

China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#434
Apr 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

voices of reason wrote:
<quoted text>
lmao
I cant believe you can be so racist to the land youre in
Aussies shock me everyday with their numbnuts hillbilly routine
Farkin hell, you guys are disgraceful...
Go ahead little Hitler, throw some more filth out... sick shit
So, what is racist about agreeing that Woolies (a large supermarket chain in Australia for your information) should not have caved in to sectional religious demands and that China has enough backbone and self-confidence not to do the same?
You should think before you post such offensive material, moron.
Indian Man

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#435
Apr 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Looks like some people in China do not want chinese to emigrate to Australia, for obvious reasons.

LOL, its all a game of chess. Some are players, some are the pieces.
Aussie

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#436
Apr 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Becky wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what is racist about agreeing that Woolies (a large supermarket chain in Australia for your information) should not have caved in to sectional religious demands and that China has enough backbone and self-confidence not to do the same?
You should think before you post such offensive material, moron.
God you are stupid.

China is a country

Woollies is a buisness they have the right to sell to anyone they want!

You are a dictator!
Great Wolf

Sylvania, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#437
Apr 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Mel Gibson wrote:
All non-white immigrants do is put there hands out and say "give me give me".
Nothing but freeloading scumbag thieves and centrelink customers.
I agree with you 100%.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#438
Apr 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

thanks
dreams is part delusion..who care about money..i see one hand grab everything..kiss me if you could one allmighty finger can reject everything..
is that who can have everything..did you need centerlink..no..i hope you are not me..

i am as i am..i can be everywhere..who say that..not me..i just wrote to you..that money is nothing..ones implimented finish..
you try tell me
can i see that..look my arms how strong it is..
others side can say i can eat you just one smuch entire continent..is that so tiny thing which you look as global..he art every heart..
i try tell you delusion as well dream working sometimes together yep..
go on pelican island..screach your almighty hand..kiss me my love..who..where..how when..
oh
its dissapier now from me..o yes you can dream free without any money..is your ring purple and green..
me
my ring is deference
oh did i need pay your time..
Are you got or forgot?
so sad

Altona, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#440
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Voice wrote:
<quoted text>
Inferior to you?
Look you silly girl you can yell all the nationalistic rubbish you want but it doesn't change the fact that you define yourself by race and religion.
You are a coward who hides behind the collective!
The past doesn't exist, the future doesn't exist there is only now...
It's a pitty you haven grown up enough to realise that religon, culture and nationalism are prisons for the scared little child who clings to the past and there mothers skirt.
Grow up, stop being a sterotype and try actually being honest with yourself for once. Or do you need an Australian society to approve everything you Dk in this life.
What is there now but a hodge podge of competing interests, no unity, no cohesion, and no certainty other than goverment imposing more and more rules and regulations to deprive us of social freedoms, a growing population, more congestion, more pollution, less job security, rising cost of living. And whilst all this is going on we are told that we are racist and that we need to be more accommodating to foreigners who seem to think that we owe them something and that we are being intolerant by wishing to hold onto some semblance of a past in which we had some identity and shared values.

Agreed

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#441
Apr 25, 2013
 
Rationalist Hindu wrote:
<quoted text>
Where you are wrong is you generalized negatively about ALL AUSTRALIANS (or all white Australians) based on the posts (or actions) of a few. If you added modifiers to your judgements with constraints like "a few australians" or "some australians", your post would have been so different (less offensive), maybe even more accurate.
And you did not reply back to the individual whose post you read, you replied back to the whole of australia instead!
What if most aussies are nothing like the racist trolls that abound here? What if most of the trolls aren't even aussies but others (on proxies) from elsewhere lying that they are (white) aussies.
Maybe some Aussies are racist (or xenophobic). But it also seems to me there are a lot of people who hate aussies and are hell bent at maligning them till kingdom come. Are you such a person? Do two wrongs make a right?
(Or are you pretending to an Indian, being purposefully obnoxious, and trying to malign Indians?)
Great post. I do think that you definitely have some racists from all quarters on Topix, but I definitely think you have people who are basically trolling and representing themselves as a race/religion to malign that race/religion. Some of course, get on and stir from every direction because they, I assume, enjoy the ensuing side show.
Asia United

Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#442
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

so sad wrote:
<quoted text>
What is there now but a hodge podge of competing interests, no unity, no cohesion, and no certainty other than goverment imposing more and more rules and regulations to deprive us of social freedoms, a growing population, more congestion, more pollution, less job security, rising cost of living. And whilst all this is going on we are told that we are racist and that we need to be more accommodating to foreigners who seem to think that we owe them something and that we are being intolerant by wishing to hold onto some semblance of a past in which we had some identity and shared values.
Often unity is just between a section of people, unified by a common purpose, and standing up against another section of people. If their are no such clear sections of people, if people don't have too much to differ, then the very need to have UNITY of the kind that is relative to another group (like united we stand) is simply not there. The sense of unity is not there perhaps like people used to have in the past, but only because we have actual unity ever more then before and section boundaries have faded. No one is really there to be united against.

23 million people each confident and feeling free enough to be their own person, each different and speaking their differences out in the open without fear or threat - that is a sign of a mature society. Sure there is some perceived loss of the sense of comradery and unity, but you have something better.

You have actual individual freedom, you have true multiculturalism. Something worth coming together and defending, should the need ever arise.(that is you are attacked by monoculturalists who want to impose their monoculture on you and thus end your multiculture).
Undo multiculturalism

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#443
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Multiculturalism was a huge mistake.
Now we are burdened with millions of low class third world trash that just steal.
Plus a million 'temporary visa' holders that blatantly rort & steal our jobs and lower our living standard.
Make a phone call. Dob in an immigrant every day for the next year. If we all do this we can stop the invasion and get rid of hundreds of thousands of illegals that steal from us.

Today a massive crackdown on all the immigrants working here illegally & stealing Australian jobs was announced (below).
*
You can call 1800 009 623 dob in an illegal, or a company that is employing an illegal.
Please call now with your suspect illegals.
*
Here is the press announcement.
The Australian Taxation Office is cracking down on holders of 27 types of visas.

Details of one million Australian visa holders will
be compared with tax office records in a data-matching investigation targeting fraud and tax law breaches.

The Australian Tax Office has announced it will
seek and collect names and addresses and other details of the holders of 27 types of visas, including skilled workers under the contentious 457 program and students.

The Department of Immigration and Citizenship will provide the details for the 2012, 2013 and 2014 income years.

"These will be electronically matched and
analysed with certain sections of ATO data holdings to identify potential fraud, and other non compliance with lodgment and payment obligations under taxation law," the ATO said in
a notice in the government gazette.

"Records relating to approximately 1,000,000
individuals who were granted visas under the above subclasses will be matched.

"The ATO may also provide information to assist the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to
maintain the integrity of the student and temporary working visa programs.
The ATO is legally able to provide this information."

The data exchange will include all international travel movements undertaken by the visa holder,
the listed educational institution where the person intends to study; information about immigration agents who helped process the visa; and any other visa information.
*
Call 1800 009 623 to dob in suspected illegal Immigrants.
Many will be illegal in some form, be it their visa or working conditions or fraud & criminal activities
they engage in.
Or call regarding their employer, be this mcdonalds, 711 or caltex, or pehaps it's an cleaning company.
Odds are the Immigrant is in breach of their
working conditions, is stealing Australian jobs and not paying tax.
*
Call now to dob them in.
It's your duty as an Australian.
Call 1800 009 623
It's anonymous.
Call Now !
*

“My shadow ran beside me...”

Since: Jun 12

Down Under

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#444
Apr 25, 2013
 
Prophetic Posers wrote:
Agree. Mostly. Then maybe we will learn. Humans have changed a lot over the years and we are changing a lot faster than before as religious rigidities and indoctrinations fall away.
Lol, I'm not sure we're learning anything to be honest, look at human's history up to the present day, a lot of violence & hatred in the past & present & most likely well into the future.
People just don't seem to be able to live & let live, they can't go about their lives without trying to take from someone else, or force some ideal or whacko religion down the throat of everyone else.
Not all people of course, but quite a lot of them still seem to think like that.

My guess would be any alien society that manages to live in relative harmony has had enough sense to outlaw religion altogether, if they even had any concept of something like religion to begin with.

.
Prophetic Posers wrote:
I think we are not all so stupid. For wisdom really starts with the realization of our own stupidities. So If people like you are around (or abound), we might learn better ways, and at least we will have hope.
Or maybe there will be the 'First Galactic War' anyway as the aliens were just as stupid as us before we wised up.
Thank you for your kind words.
I do agree that not all of humanity are idiots, though some definately are & those are the ones the world would be better off without as all they seem to be capable of is causing problems for everyone else.
If it ever came to an inter-galactic war I don't think we'd do very well, at least not at first, we'd be too busy squabbling with each other to fully unite against a common problem.

.
Prophetic Posers wrote:
Or maybe the alien beings would be made of huge dumb gas clouds spanning many lightyears, and would just gobble our soar system up like after-mint, earth planets moons and all, not even know we existed. Maybe we will survive even thrive in its gaseous tummy, a vacuole, like bacteria do in us.
-RH
Lol, or maybe they could be like a Budong?

http://farscape.wikia.com/wiki/Budong

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Repost this

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445
Apr 25, 2013
 
Undo multiculturalism wrote:
Multiculturalism was a huge mistake.
Now we are burdened with millions of low class third world trash that just steal.
Plus a million 'temporary visa' holders that blatantly rort & steal our jobs and lower our living standard.
Make a phone call. Dob in an immigrant every day for the next year. If we all do this we can stop the invasion and get rid of hundreds of
thousands of illegals that steal from us.
Today a massive crackdown on all the immigrants working here illegally & stealing Australian jobs was announced (below).
*
You can call 1800 009 623 dob in an illegal, or a company that is employing an illegal.
Please call now with your suspect illegals.
*
Here is the press announcement.
The Australian Taxation Office is cracking down
on holders of 27 types of visas.
Details of one million Australian visa holders will
be compared with tax office records in a data-matching investigation targeting fraud and tax law
breaches.
The Australian Tax Office has announced it will
seek and collect names and addresses and other
details of the holders of 27 types of visas, including skilled workers under the contentious 457 program and students.
The Department of Immigration and Citizenship will provide the details for the 2012, 2013 and 2014 income years.
"These will be electronically matched and
analysed with certain sections of ATO data holdings to identify potential fraud, and other non
compliance with lodgment and payment obligations under taxation law," the ATO said in
a notice in the government gazette.
"Records relating to approximately 1,000,000
individuals who were granted visas under the above subclasses will be matched.
"The ATO may also provide information to assist
the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to
maintain the integrity of the student and temporary working visa programs.
The ATO is legally able to provide this information."
The data exchange will include all international
travel movements undertaken by the visa holder,
the listed educational institution where the person intends to study; information about immigration
agents who helped process the visa; and any other visa information.
*
Call 1800 009 623 to dob in suspected illegal Immigrants.
Many will be illegal in some form, be it their visa
or working conditions or fraud & criminal activities
they engage in.
Or call regarding their employer, be this mcdonalds, 711 or caltex, or pehaps it's an cleaning company.
Odds are the Immigrant is in breach of their
working conditions, is stealing Australian jobs and not paying tax.
*
Call now to dob them in.
It's your duty as an Australian.
Call 1800 009 623
It's anonymous.
Call Now !
*
This is very good news.
Every Australian rejoice !!!
We are going to get rid of the Indians !
Yaajhhhhhhhhhh!
doo

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#446
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The chinese are a bigger problem. We need millions more Europeans in Oz
destroying freedom

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#447
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Asia United wrote:
<quoted text>Often unity is just between a section of people, unified by a common purpose, and standing up against another section of people. If their are no such clear sections of people, if people don't have too much to differ, then the very need to have UNITY of the kind that is relative to another group (like united we stand) is simply not there. The sense of unity is not there perhaps like people used to have in the past, but only because we have actual unity ever more then before and section boundaries have faded. No one is really there to be united against.

23 million people each confident and feeling free enough to be their own person, each different and speaking their differences out in the open without fear or threat - that is a sign of a mature society. Sure there is some perceived loss of the sense of comradery and unity, but you have something better.

You have actual individual freedom, you have true multiculturalism. Something worth coming together and defending, should the need ever arise.(that is you are attacked by monoculturalists who want to impose their monoculture on you and thus end your multiculture).
You are blind.Multiculturalism will destroy us. The current migration system is farked. The reality is that European Australians are increasingly marginalised. Soon we we be below 50% of the population. Then 40%. Then 30%. Then 20.

Total ethnic chaos. Separate societies. Police no-go areas in suburbia.
Asia United

Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#448
Apr 25, 2013
 
destroying freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
You are blind.Multiculturalism will destroy us. The current migration system is farked. The reality is that European Australians are increasingly marginalised. Soon we we be below 50% of the population. Then 40%. Then 30%. Then 20.
Total ethnic chaos. Separate societies. Police no-go areas in suburbia.
Don't know about the current migration system of Australia, might well be farked, or not.

But yeah, many of "us" as in groups or sections or conclaves;- will simply fade away as people come together and intermingle. If there are no more "us and them" then that solves a lot of our worlds problems quite effortlessly, as well as takes care of many past mistakes and injustices / atrocities difficult memories. And nullifies ideas of retribution, if there is no- "them" to seek revenge from.

As for freedom, being free to choose your religion or non religion is something that adds to ones freedom does it not?

Likewise would you rather not have the choice to adopt any culture or part culture of your individual choice? Or would it be OK for you to be denied that choice, be forced / indoctrinated into the culture of just one culture / lifestyle - that of your immediate birth culture.

Being rooted in a sense of 'identity' seems nice since all things are familiar, no uncomfortable surprises, less potential or perceived threats. But that is same with the religious too, once indoctrination / preconditioning has taken hold. If when exposed to another culture one does not get many nasty surprises, then multiculture is not such a bad word. Maybe multiculture was not done right in Oz. If you never had pizza before and the first one you had was stale and stinky, you may think pizza itself is bad.

Freedom of religion allows a society to enjoy a higher level of freedom. Freedom of culture will allow a STILL higher level of freedom. If the laws are rational and administration fair to all individuals of a society, where no one can infringe upon the rights of another person;- then such a society is much more evolved and mature with the highest levels of freedom while still being very civilized.

Yes the west is leading in this regard, and I am very envious. And bored. Mono-culture is boring.

Love Australia BTW.
Prophetic Posers

New Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#449
Apr 25, 2013
 
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, I'm not sure we're learning anything to be honest, look at human's history up to the present day, a lot of violence & hatred in the past & present & most likely well into the future.
People just don't seem to be able to live & let live, they can't go about their lives without trying to take from someone else, or force some ideal or whacko religion down the throat of everyone else.
Not all people of course, but quite a lot of them still seem to think like that.
My guess would be any alien society that manages to live in relative harmony has had enough sense to outlaw religion altogether, if they even had any concept of something like religion to begin with.
Outlaw religion altogether?
.
I'm not a great fan of outlawing any idea, no matter how loony it seems to me. And religion IS VERY LOONY (to me). But then the religious might think the same way about me / us. The Religious considered Galileo to be loony and that was OK but they had to ban his ideas and torture him too till he acceded to their point of view. And now the non religious seem to be capable of doing the same to the religious.
.
Maybe it is just the majority that gets to suppress the minority, the more powerful over the less. Now do the non religious get to stuff non-religion down the throats of the religious?
.
You are right about us not yet learning our lessons:-
.
Pluralism?
.
.
.
INDEPENDENCE OF THOUGHT or FREEDOM OF THOUGHT is the most important right of man.
.
Independence of thought equals a free mind, a mind (a thought machine) that is free to think along any lines it chooses. To form hold or discard any opinion anytime, at free will and free from any external duress or imposed bias. 1- Free speech and 2- Right to unrestricted information, together guarantee us our mental freedom. While indoctrination is done mostly by restricting information available to a mind (individual). Like the religious do to their children. Result- a biased mind, closed to anything that is different to what was put in it earlier. That component of religion SHOULD BE BANNED surely.
.
The fact that we humans are susceptible to indoctrination and even very smart young children will fall to such a process, is perhaps a lessen to learn? Allow for all ideas, BUT DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE IDEA OF INDOCTRINATION which is denial of anyone's mental freedom. That is a one way ticket to mental slavery. We should be very wary.
.
In short freedom of thought is TRUE FREEDOM. NO matter how loony, offensive or insulting anyone else thinks your thoughts and opinions are...lesson we still have to learn perhaps. Guarantee all people this right to think freely, and different thoughts, ideas, threads of logics, will have to compete equally across minds and within minds too. And soon enough the loonier ideas will die their natural deaths. Without any need for a ban.
.
Thank you for your kind words.
You are most welcome. Just being truthful though.
I do agree that not all of humanity are idiots, though some definately are & those are the ones the world would be better off without as all they seem to be capable of is causing problems for everyone else.
If it ever came to an inter-galactic war I don't think we'd do very well, at least not at first, we'd be too busy squabbling with each other to fully unite against a common problem.
Or maybe we will come together if just for a while, for the fight, and later go back to our old squabbling ways, assuming 'we' still exists.
.
Lol, or maybe they could be like a Budong?
http:// farscape. wikia. com/wiki/Budong
LOL
-RH

“My shadow ran beside me...”

Since: Jun 12

Down Under

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#450
Apr 25, 2013
 
Prophetic Posers wrote:
Outlaw religion altogether?
I'm not a great fan of outlawing any idea, no matter how loony it seems to me. And religion IS VERY LOONY (to me). But then the religious might think the same way about me / us. The Religious considered Galileo to be loony and that was OK but they had to ban his ideas and torture him too till he acceded to their point of view. And now the non religious seem to be capable of doing the same to the religious.
Maybe it is just the majority that gets to suppress the minority, the more powerful over the less. Now do the non religious get to stuff non-religion down the throats of the religious?
Outlawing or banning something rarely works on this planet & something as ingrained in the human psyche as religion would never be outlawed here.
I also think it's loony, makes no sense at all to me to spend your life worshipping some fictional entity with promises of this or promises of that but having no proof whatsoever any of it is true.
Taken in another context that behaviour could almost be described as insanity.
I also believe it's responsible for a lot, if not most, of the conflict between humans throughout most of human history.

The more powerful always do their best to supress the rest of the population, usually for their own bebefit.
I think it's more a case of the powerful minority doing their best to suppress the majority of not-so-powerful.

.
Prophetic Posers wrote:
Now do the non religious get to stuff non-religion down the throats of the religious?
Imagine the outcry if everyone non religious carried on the fanatical way a lot of the religious nuts do?

.
Prophetic Posers wrote:
You are right about us not yet learning our lessons:-
Pluralism?
In an ideal world I guess so, but this world is far from ideal & the lack of tolerance between humans means pluralism would most likely remain as it is now, something the entire world needs but will probably never have.

.
Prophetic Posers wrote:
INDEPENDENCE OF THOUGHT or FREEDOM OF THOUGHT is the most important right of man.
Independence of thought equals a free mind, a mind (a thought machine) that is free to think along any lines it chooses. To form hold or discard any opinion anytime, at free will and free from any external duress or imposed bias. 1- Free speech and 2- Right to unrestricted information, together guarantee us our mental freedom. While indoctrination is done mostly by restricting information available to a mind (individual). Like the religious do to their children. Result- a biased mind, closed to anything that is different to what was put in it earlier. That component of religion SHOULD BE BANNED surely.
The fact that we humans are susceptible to indoctrination and even very smart young children will fall to such a process, is perhaps a lessen to learn? Allow for all ideas, BUT DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE IDEA OF INDOCTRINATION which is denial of anyone's mental freedom. That is a one way ticket to mental slavery. We should be very wary.
In short freedom of thought is TRUE FREEDOM. NO matter how loony, offensive or insulting anyone else thinks your thoughts and opinions are...lesson we still have to learn perhaps. Guarantee all people this right to think freely, and different thoughts, ideas, threads of logics, will have to compete equally across minds and within minds too. And soon enough the loonier ideas will die their natural deaths. Without any need for a ban.
Agree about that component of religion being banned, we should be wary and I think a lot of us are, it's not just religion either, governments & activist groups etc. are constantly trying to influence the way we think to suit their agendas, usually fairly subtly so it's hard to notice but it all seems to add up.
Sometimes it doesn't click until you hear someone you know well talking about something & realise they've been influenced in some way to other ideals they'd never normally aspire to.

Ctd. below...

“My shadow ran beside me...”

Since: Jun 12

Down Under

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#451
Apr 25, 2013
 
Prophetic Posers wrote:
Outlaw religion altogether?
I'm not a great fan of outlawing any idea, no matter how loony it seems to me. And religion IS VERY LOONY (to me). But then the religious might think the same way about me / us. The Religious considered Galileo to be loony and that was OK but they had to ban his ideas and torture him too till he acceded to their point of view. And now the non religious seem to be capable of doing the same to the religious.
Maybe it is just the majority that gets to suppress the minority, the more powerful over the less. Now do the non religious get to stuff non-religion down the throats of the religious?
Outlawing or banning something rarely works on this planet & something as ingrained in the human psyche as religion would never be outlawed here.
I also think it's loony, makes no sense at all to me to spend your life worshipping some fictional entity with promises of this or promises of that but having no proof whatsoever any of it is true.
Taken in another context that behaviour could almost be described as insanity.
I also believe it's responsible for a lot, if not most, of the conflict between humans throughout most of human history.

The more powerful always do their best to supress the rest of the population, usually for their own bebefit.
I think it's more a case of the powerful minority doing their best to suppress the majority of not-so-powerful.

.
Prophetic Posers wrote:
Now do the non religious get to stuff non-religion down the throats of the religious?
Imagine the outcry if everyone non religious carried on the fanatical way a lot of the religious nuts do?

.
Prophetic Posers wrote:
You are right about us not yet learning our lessons:-
Pluralism?
In an ideal world I guess so, but this world is far from ideal & the lack of tolerance between humans means pluralism would most likely remain as it is now, something the entire world needs but will probably never have.

.
Prophetic Posers wrote:
INDEPENDENCE OF THOUGHT or FREEDOM OF THOUGHT is the most important right of man.
Independence of thought equals a free mind, a mind (a thought machine) that is free to think along any lines it chooses. To form hold or discard any opinion anytime, at free will and free from any external duress or imposed bias. 1- Free speech and 2- Right to unrestricted information, together guarantee us our mental freedom. While indoctrination is done mostly by restricting information available to a mind (individual). Like the religious do to their children. Result- a biased mind, closed to anything that is different to what was put in it earlier. That component of religion SHOULD BE BANNED surely.
The fact that we humans are susceptible to indoctrination and even very smart young children will fall to such a process, is perhaps a lessen to learn? Allow for all ideas, BUT DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE IDEA OF INDOCTRINATION which is denial of anyone's mental freedom. That is a one way ticket to mental slavery. We should be very wary.
Agree about that component of religion being banned, we should be wary and I think a lot of us are, it's not just religion either, governments & activist groups etc. are constantly trying to influence the way we think to suit their agendas, usually fairly subtly so it's hard to notice but it all seems to add up.
Sometimes it doesn't click until you hear someone you know well talking about something & realise they've been influenced in some way to other ideals they'd never normally aspire to.

Out of characters, continued below...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 381 - 400 of480
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

159 Users are viewing the Australia Forum right now

Search the Australia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Funny Jokes on Turdskins. 2 min Indians lol 13
Benefits of multiculturalism (Jan '11) 3 min gary 40
nwo 9 min sid 1
Hitler should have eliminated indians 10 min Jatt 8
Post your Favourite Quote here 15 min Theo 76
Speed limiting vehicles 17 min Nevill 32
First Australian gay couples to legally marry 30 min KiMare 1,693
•••
•••
•••
•••