MacKillop exposed pedophile priest

Posted in the Australia Forum

“No carbon dioxide tax”

Since: Feb 10

bullet-proof tiger

#1 Sep 24, 2010
A NEW documentary about the life of Mary MacKillop claims she was excommunicated from the Catholic Church partly as revenge for helping to expose a South Australian pedophile priest.
The documentary for the ABC's Compass program claims sisters in MacKillop's Josephite order of nuns attracted the ire of a South Australian priest for telling authorities that a Father Keating, of Kapunda, was molesting children at the local church school.

The sisters reported the abuse to the vicar-general and disciplinary action was taken against Keating, humiliating him and angering a Father Charles Horan, who was close to the bishop of Adelaide, Bishop Shiel, Fairfax newspapers say.

Horan is believed to have harboured a grudge against MacKillop and the whistleblowers in her order, and used his influence over the bishop to manipulate him into throwing the nun out of the church in 1871. Bishop Shiel reversed the excommunication on his deathbed.
read more-
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-new...

“Capitalistroadst er”

Since: Sep 07

Canberra

#2 Sep 24, 2010
SupaAussie,

Thanks for posting. Will post to news.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loan offer: (Jun '13) 1 hr Mr Beastly 9
Bali 9 duo given 72 hours notice 2 hr Indian gutter rat 1
News Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) 3 hr Serpent 46,827
why are Australian men so hot (Nov '08) 15 hr WantsanAussieman 139
I found some muslim piece of shit and bashed him 19 hr Wsaste muslim f_u... 1
Is it wrong to eat Turkish Pizza on 25/4? Fri EZ Rider 5
News Wilson Storage Opens Third Self-Storage Facilit... Fri Arbin Larfin 2
More from around the web