halal swimming pool day is coming
Islamisbad

Perth, Australia

#189 Sep 28, 2011
Just shoot the mussie sluts in the head......problem solved.
Supply me the bullets and I will do it....no worries!
cateyes

Carnegie, Australia

#190 Sep 28, 2011
Islamisbad wrote:
Just shoot the mussie sluts in the head......problem solved.
Supply me the bullets and I will do it....no worries!
The Muslim women are not 'sluts', there are sufficient prohibitive practices in place to ensure they never aspire to that inglorious title.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#192 Sep 28, 2011
cateyes wrote:
<quoted text>
The Muslim women are not 'sluts', there are sufficient prohibitive practices in place to ensure they never aspire to that inglorious title.
It's rather dreadful when you see grandparents or parents chasing their daughters with a bread knife trying to kill them because they spoke to somebody without permission or dared to go on a date.
Very sad.
cateyes

Carnegie, Australia

#193 Sep 28, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
It's rather dreadful when you see grandparents or parents chasing their daughters with a bread knife trying to kill them because they spoke to somebody without permission or dared to go on a date.
Very sad.
Yes it is, I'm all for raising children with some type of morale code, providing them with some guidance which will hopefully build and protect their self-esteem, but that kind of brutality just goes against human nature - where was the parents/grandparents love for those girls? How do you go from a place where your children are everything to you, to a place where they are nothing and what kind of faith would promote that?
cateyes

Melbourne, Australia

#194 Sep 28, 2011
I am a muslim by the way.
cateyes

Melbourne, Australia

#195 Sep 28, 2011
cateyes wrote:
I am a muslim by the way.
I imagine that for a person of limited intelligence, using another's post name is entertaining.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#196 Sep 28, 2011
cateyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is, I'm all for raising children with some type of morale code, providing them with some guidance which will hopefully build and protect their self-esteem, but that kind of brutality just goes against human nature - where was the parents/grandparents love for those girls? How do you go from a place where your children are everything to you, to a place where they are nothing and what kind of faith would promote that?
I know I get blamed for being the defender of islam on this forum (hardly the case). However one of the great misunderstandings is the confusion between cultural tradition and religious tradition in muslim countries. This is starkly illustrated with the position of women.
- Women and education
- women and burqas and headscarves
- women and family honor

Where women tend to be mistreated and the Quran is invoked to support the asserion, the reality is the treatment is largely arbitary or based on centruries old tradition predating islam.

In the case of honor killings the whole premise of killing girls who talk to boys is for instance prevelent in northern india in both muslim and non-msulim populations but completely abbhorent to south Indians of muslim and hindu background. In this case the manifestation is largely cultural.

“"Never say never"”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#197 Sep 28, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
........ is for instance prevelent in northern india in both muslim and non-msulim populations but completely abbhorent to south Indians of muslim and hindu background. In this case the manifestation is largely cultural.
I agree with this. Somewhere the line between culture and religion gets blurred. As for Islam I do think it needs to adapt to the changing times.
cateyes

Melbourne, Australia

#198 Sep 28, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I get blamed for being the defender of islam on this forum (hardly the case). However one of the great misunderstandings is the confusion between cultural tradition and religious tradition in muslim countries. This is starkly illustrated with the position of women.
- Women and education
- women and burqas and headscarves
- women and family honor
Where women tend to be mistreated and the Quran is invoked to support the asserion, the reality is the treatment is largely arbitary or based on centruries old tradition predating islam.
In the case of honor killings the whole premise of killing girls who talk to boys is for instance prevelent in northern india in both muslim and non-msulim populations but completely abbhorent to south Indians of muslim and hindu background. In this case the manifestation is largely cultural.
Yes, religion and then cultural manifestation of religion - I have seen starkly contrasting examples of both in my immediate area, the more educated people are, the less likely they are to practice these hideous religious/cultural atrocities.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#199 Sep 28, 2011
cateyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, religion and then cultural manifestation of religion - I have seen starkly contrasting examples of both in my immediate area, the more educated people are, the less likely they are to practice these hideous religious/cultural atrocities.
People (muslim or non-muslim) are far more complicated creatures than many give them credit for.

While we ponder the terrible cultural practices in North Africa, the middle east and South Asia lets not forget that closer to home miscegenation was a punishable offence till only relatively recently in Australian history. As the song goes, "You never know just how you look through other people's eyes"

Since: Mar 11

Newcastle

#200 Sep 29, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
People (muslim or non-muslim) are far more complicated creatures than many give them credit for.
While we ponder the terrible cultural practices in North Africa, the middle east and South Asia lets not forget that closer to home miscegenation was a punishable offence till only relatively recently in Australian history. As the song goes, "You never know just how you look through other people's eyes"
Again. Please provide links to evidence regarding your claims about anti miscegenation. You were aware that one of the stated purposes of the alleged stolen generation was to absorb the aboriginal children into white society, hardly anti-miscegenation.
cateyes

Burwood East, Australia

#201 Sep 29, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
The past is something to hopefully learn from, and apply to the present moment - I am more concerned with what is happening in the world today; but in any case I was not aware that miscegenation was an offence in Australia, particularly since the grand plan had at one time been to intermarry Aborigines with whites in order to eradicate their genes - Mr Neville I believe was the proponent of this scheme.

Since: Feb 10

Australia

#202 Sep 29, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
So female genital mutilation,'honour killings', forced marriage (often of underaged girls to perverts old enough to be their grandfathers), stoning for sexual misconduct, gang rape as punishment etc is on a par with nasty comments and/or social exclusion for people who practised 'miscegenation'?
cateyes

Melbourne, Australia

#203 Sep 29, 2011
Muslim community in Australia can only grow as it has been established and gets stronger every day. Soon we can start to use loud speaker to broadcast our prayer in arabic like in muslim countries waking up people from their beds at 4 AM in the morning.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#204 Sep 29, 2011
Another Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Again. Please provide links to evidence regarding your claims about anti miscegenation. You were aware that one of the stated purposes of the alleged stolen generation was to absorb the aboriginal children into white society, hardly anti-miscegenation.
It was illegal for a darkie to marry an Australian.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#205 Sep 29, 2011
cateyes wrote:
<quoted text>
the grand plan had at one time been to intermarry Aborigines with whites in order to eradicate their genes - Mr Neville I believe was the proponent of this scheme.
Unfortunately the segregation laws pertaining to where aborigines could live, sit in a bus, drink water, served beer, hotels or use public facilities mean't it was impossible for legalised marriage between a black and white person to take place until the mid 1960s.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#206 Sep 29, 2011
Yes Yes Yes....the world is angry place. Time out I think for a little humor:)

&fe ature=related

Iam sure there not all bad:

Enjoy!

EVO
cateyes

Burwood East, Australia

#207 Sep 29, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately the segregation laws pertaining to where aborigines could live, sit in a bus, drink water, served beer, hotels or use public facilities mean't it was impossible for legalised marriage between a black and white person to take place until the mid 1960s.
Elias, I am unable to find any evidence that laws existed preventing miscegenation in Australia - if you have any links to provide, please do so - note, I am not saying you are wrong, my understanding is that miscegenation in respect of Aborigines and white Australians was complicit in the 'stolen generation'. As you have claimed that miscegenation was an offence in Australia until relatively recent times, please indicate sources for this claim.

Since: Mar 11

Newcastle

#208 Sep 29, 2011
cateyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Elias, I am unable to find any evidence that laws existed preventing miscegenation in Australia - if you have any links to provide, please do so - note, I am not saying you are wrong, my understanding is that miscegenation in respect of Aborigines and white Australians was complicit in the 'stolen generation'. As you have claimed that miscegenation was an offence in Australia until relatively recent times, please indicate sources for this claim.
You won't find any evidence. There was undoubtably social & cultural pressure against miscegenation, but no actual laws. Elias has brain farts like this from time to time, making all sorts of unsupported sensationalist claims, never backing them up with evidence. I suppose it shows the truth about how our friend truly regards this country & most of its citizens. No racism of course, only whites are guilty of that.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

#209 Sep 29, 2011
Another Dave wrote:
<quoted text>You won't find any evidence. There was undoubtably social & cultural pressure against miscegenation, but no actual laws. Elias has brain farts like this from time to time, making all sorts of unsupported sensationalist claims, never backing them up with evidence. I suppose it shows the truth about how our friend truly regards this country & most of its citizens. No racism of course, only whites are guilty of that.
You might want to take of your rose coloured glasses
http://www.abc.net.au/federation/fedstory/ep4...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
deport all indians (Jan '11) 1 hr Indian_guy21 182
Poll Are Aussie worse than both Nazi Germans & IS co... 8 hr Kahn 0
Why I hate Indians 17 hr Matilda 5
Do white women really have sex with dogs? (Dec '12) 17 hr Matilda 43
Who are the most uncivilised countries in the w... (Jul '12) 17 hr Matilda 21
Poll Is Rolf Harris a rock spider? (Jan '14) 18 hr Rolf Harris 12
Why are Indians so brown and ugly? 21 hr Matilda 1
More from around the web