Botany, Australia

#3 Sep 17, 2011
no joke wrote:
swimming pool for muslim only in australia
your funny

Since: Mar 11

Newcastle

#4 Sep 17, 2011
As long as they build it themselves & pay for its upkeep & don't expect us to subsidise their superstitious bigotry, I don't care.
The Caring Therapist

Botany, Australia

#6 Sep 17, 2011
Another Dave wrote:
As long as they build it themselves & pay for its upkeep & don't expect us to subsidise their superstitious bigotry, I don't care.
We can see you know your subject - its Third Gender Volunteer Week at our famous establishment, time to come home, don the yellow sari, and entertain our guests.

We will be expecting you.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#7 Sep 17, 2011
The Caring Therapist wrote:
<quoted text>
We can see you know your subject - its Third Gender Volunteer Week at our famous establishment, time to come home, don the yellow sari, and entertain our guests.
We will be expecting you.
Poor beady has descended to stealing the name of his innocent former therapist, what could be more pathetic and indicative of severely upgraded nutter status - give us a call harpoonrexie, you score 10 out of 10 on the derangement scale and are sorely in need of treatment, rest and an increased medication regime.
The Caring Therapist

Botany, Australia

#8 Sep 17, 2011
The Caring Therapist wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor beady has descended to stealing the name of his innocent former therapist, what could be more pathetic and indicative of severely upgraded nutter status - give us a call harpoonrexie, you score 10 out of 10 on the derangement scale and are sorely in need of treatment, rest and an increased medication regime.
come home to MHMM, where the caring doctors & nurses r waiting anxiously to lock u -- er --'to welcome u'. we'll have a nice welcome home party with fairy bread & bananas, wont that be good?
Elias

Heathridge, Australia

#9 Sep 17, 2011
no joke wrote:
Link please

Since: Mar 11

Newcastle

#10 Sep 17, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
Link please
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/hef...
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/under-the-c...
2nd one is from Dandenong. So you might be familiar with it. Muslims might have shot themselves in the foot with that one.'Culturally appropriate clothing' could very well set a legal precedent for banning the burqa.
cateyes

Newport, Australia

#11 Sep 17, 2011
Another Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
2nd one is from Dandenong. So you might be familiar with it. Muslims might have shot themselves in the foot with that one.'Culturally appropriate clothing' could very well set a legal precedent for banning the burqa.
Recently there was a move by council here to provide a session at our local swimming pool for Muslim women who had requested this so that their cultural needs could be met - no men allowed during the session. The session time was granted, however the Muslim women, after requesting this service, were not attending, so their spokeswoman made a public 'invitation' to other women, saying they would also be welcome - very nice, we were invited to use our own facilities. Needless to say,the invitation was not accepted, they wanted their own session, they got it and didn't utilize it and when the managers of the pool were losing money keeping it open for a specific group, they went into damage control to recuperate their losses, it didn't work.

Since: Feb 10

Pyrmont, Australia

#12 Sep 17, 2011
cateyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Recently there was a move by council here to provide a session at our local swimming pool for Muslim women who had requested this so that their cultural needs could be met - no men allowed during the session. The session time was granted, however the Muslim women, after requesting this service, were not attending, so their spokeswoman made a public 'invitation' to other women, saying they would also be welcome - very nice, we were invited to use our own facilities. Needless to say,the invitation was not accepted, they wanted their own session, they got it and didn't utilize it and when the managers of the pool were losing money keeping it open for a specific group, they went into damage control to recuperate their losses, it didn't work.
another political move -'requested by muslim women', I'll bet!
blue eyes

Australia

#13 Sep 17, 2011
Ocean is free, we can all swim in it...

God supplies generously to all without discriminating against us..

pity some human beings can't learn to do the same thing...

we should not discriminate against the local resident to feed the prejudices of a people who may assume they are different or better.
hmmm

Newport, Australia

#15 Sep 17, 2011
no joke wrote:
you prefer to swim in the same pool as muslims or be seperated and have them pay for their own too.
Elias

Heathridge, Australia

#16 Sep 17, 2011
Another Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting conundrum. Like the Burqa issue the women in question are in danger of psychological isolation and so womens only session in the pools may alleviate this potential psychological stress.

This has to be weighed up against public access and imposition of a taxpayer subsidised lockout to Australian people.
Elias

Heathridge, Australia

#17 Sep 17, 2011
blue eyes wrote:
Ocean is free, we can all swim in it...
God supplies generously to all without discriminating against us..
pity some human beings can't learn to do the same thing...
we should not discriminate against the local resident to feed the prejudices of a people who may assume they are different or better.
I wouldn't be so precious, we have womens and men only toilets, this seems (in reality) quite silly given cubicles are private and can be partitioned.

I used to have this problem when I would go to shopping centres with my daughter (when she was a toddler) and have no choice but to go into the women's loo. There was never any invasion of privacy and there was nothing to see.
cateyes

Newport, Australia

#18 Sep 18, 2011
Tiger7 wrote:
<quoted text>
another political move -'requested by muslim women', I'll bet!
Yes Tiger, it was; I have to say that some of these Muslim women are not very nice, our local bus service has had to deal with them to, one of the drivers, an Australian woman, was helping an elderly couple with their shopping on to the bus, there were two Muslim women with a double stroller with two babies, one of the women began shouting at the driver to assist them to board the bus, when the driver said that she thought they could manage between them while she helped the elderly couple, the Muslim woman who had shouted said the other woman was pregnant,(which was not obvious), the driver said that she had not been aware of that and was just trying to help those who seemed less capable. The Muslim woman accused her of racism and threatened to report her, which she later did; now the buses carry a sign saying that the driver has no obligation to assist passengers and will do so at their own discretion. The driver is a great lady and would never mistreat passengers; it was just so wrong.
No Idiots

Rochedale, Australia

#19 Sep 18, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting conundrum. Like the Burqa issue the women in question are in danger of psychological isolation and so womens only session in the pools may alleviate this potential psychological stress.
This has to be weighed up against public access and imposition of a taxpayer subsidised lockout to Australian people.
No "conundrum" idiot.
I don't care whether foreign parasites "are in danger of psychological isolation" or any other problem the creeps have.
The solution is to THROW THESE ANIMALS OUT.
cateyes

Newport, Australia

#21 Sep 18, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't be so precious, we have womens and men only toilets, this seems (in reality) quite silly given cubicles are private and can be partitioned.
I used to have this problem when I would go to shopping centres with my daughter (when she was a toddler) and have no choice but to go into the women's loo. There was never any invasion of privacy and there was nothing to see.
Elias, gender specific toilets are a far different issue than the one being discussed, as you well know, and by the way, the cubicles may be private but women tend to use the outer area where basins and taps are to reapply make-up, adjust clothing etc; there are good reasons for segregated toilet facilities.
Realist Australian

Henley, Australia

#20 Sep 18, 2011
Muslim demands will be small potatoes for now until they get a proper foot hold and sizeable demographic to ferociously start pushing their agendas.

I believe we are already seeing special toilet facilities in some universities for muslims only.

Its funny how hindus, budhists, catholics etc are not afforded such special treatment and would get laughed out of town. Perhaps the squeeky wheel does get the most oil or as I see it a tenacious willing to violently protest minority will always conquer an apathetic majority.

Pyrmont, Australia

#22 Sep 18, 2011
cateyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Tiger, it was; I have to say that some of these Muslim women are not very nice, our local bus service has had to deal with them to, one of the drivers, an Australian woman, was helping an elderly couple with their shopping on to the bus, there were two Muslim women with a double stroller with two babies, one of the women began shouting at the driver to assist them to board the bus, when the driver said that she thought they could manage between them while she helped the elderly couple, the Muslim woman who had shouted said the other woman was pregnant,(which was not obvious), the driver said that she had not been aware of that and was just trying to help those who seemed less capable. The Muslim woman accused her of racism and threatened to report her, which she later did; now the buses carry a sign saying that the driver has no obligation to assist passengers and will do so at their own discretion. The driver is a great lady and would never mistreat passengers; it was just so wrong.
I meant that males were probably behind the 'request' esp since the women didnt attend the sessions. how important is swimming to them, just another way to divide society and enforce their backward customs onto others.

Pyrmont, Australia

#23 Sep 18, 2011
Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should they be in danger of 'psychological isolation' when they have a tightly knit Islamic sisterhood to support them?

And why should anyone care that their own customs isolate them from mainstream society?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are white people the most retarded and leas... (May '13) 8 hr Tatyana Lewis 23
News Abused girl shot, dimembered stepfather (Sep '12) Wed Concerned 11
News Scorching summer swelter hits southeast Wed tony briar mitchell 1
Wana trade nudes? (Jun '13) Wed jeff 7
why are arabs so racist against non arabs? (Jun '13) Jan 16 Meow101 22
How to get Quality Weed / Hashes & Meds in Pert... Jan 14 Jesse 4
How to get Quality Weed / Hashes & Meds in Melb... Jan 14 Jesse 6
More from around the web