Prophet not perfect, says Islamic sch...

Prophet not perfect, says Islamic scholar

There are 26 comments on the The Austrailian story from Oct 3, 2006, titled Prophet not perfect, says Islamic scholar. In it, The Austrailian reports that:

A LEADING adviser on Islam, Ameer Ali, has attacked Muslims who "blindly" follow their faith and fail to question the veracity of the Koran, saying that even Mohammed had "flaws". The chairman of John Howard's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Austrailian.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
theworldasweknow it

Pennant Hills, Australia

#1 Oct 3, 2006
Great to start to see some sense coming from the Muslim world
Sunshine

Frankston, Australia

#2 Oct 3, 2006
theworldasweknowit wrote:
Great to start to see some sense coming from the Muslim world
Ameer Ali had hit the nail on the head.
How in the world could anybody call islam a peaceful religion. With all this violence, intolerenc and hatred going on in the middle east.
The Truth is even if the whole world became islamic tomorrow there wouldn't be peace as the various islamic sect would be fighting each other. Like they are doing in Iraq and other islamic countries of the world.
Infact the world would be a miserable place to live, if islam took over.
theworldasweknow it

Pennant Hills, Australia

#3 Oct 4, 2006
Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Ameer Ali had hit the nail on the head.
How in the world could anybody call islam a peaceful religion. With all this violence, intolerenc and hatred going on in the middle east.
The Truth is even if the whole world became islamic tomorrow there wouldn't be peace as the various islamic sect would be fighting each other. Like they are doing in Iraq and other islamic countries of the world.
Infact the world would be a miserable place to live, if islam took over.
Islam seems to only have the ability to destroy and not to build. Everyone is its enemy - even itself. Islam is a self imploding myth.
Sunshine

Frankston, Australia

#4 Oct 4, 2006
<quoted text>
Islam seems to only have the ability to destroy and not to build. Everyone is its enemy - even itself. Islam is a self imploding myth.
Islam behaves more like a cult than a religion.
They blame everybody else and never accept responsibity for all it's wrong doings and in the world at this moment it is committing horrendous crimes against humanity.
They have problems living with themselves and simply haven't a clue how to live with people who have different beliefs to them.
As you know in OZ we have many religions, I think it around 50 different religions, all of whom seem to be able to get on with their lives and accept others religions and beliefs. Except islam who I personally class as the most racist, biggot bunch ever to set foot on the Australian shores.
theworldasweknow it

Pennant Hills, Australia

#5 Oct 4, 2006
Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Islam behaves more like a cult than a religion.
They blame everybody else and never accept responsibity for all it's wrong doings and in the world at this moment it is committing horrendous crimes against humanity.
They have problems living with themselves and simply haven't a clue how to live with people who have different beliefs to them.
As you know in OZ we have many religions, I think it around 50 different religions, all of whom seem to be able to get on with their lives and accept others religions and beliefs. Except islam who I personally class as the most racist, biggot bunch ever to set foot on the Australian shores.
I agree - as they say love it or leave it - if they cant embrace who we are then GO HOME because this is NOT where they belong.
theworldasweknow it

Pennant Hills, Australia

#6 Oct 4, 2006
I have heard that the government here accepts muslims who are polygamus and gives them social support for their wives and children - does anyone know if this is true.
Sunshine

Frankston, Australia

#7 Oct 5, 2006
I have heard that the government here accepts muslims who are polygamus and gives them social support for their wives and children - does anyone know if this is true.
What happens is they are married to only one of the women the 2nd and 3rd wife is more like a mistress but she claims the single mothers pension. That is how it works.
hi i am racist

Perth, Australia

#8 Oct 5, 2006
can some one please tell me what Jihard means?

i am lead to belive it is muslime word for Holy war but i am not sure.
Sunshine

Frankston, Australia

#9 Oct 5, 2006
hi i am racist wrote:
can some one please tell me what Jihard means?
i am lead to belive it is muslime word for Holy war but i am not sure.
It means a holy struggle for Islam
hi i am racist

Perth, Australia

#10 Oct 5, 2006
typo error jihad not jihard sorry
Sunshine

Frankston, Australia

#11 Oct 5, 2006
hi i am racist wrote:
typo error jihad not jihard sorry
geehard sounds better.
hi i am racist

Perth, Australia

#12 Oct 5, 2006

read on one of the signs the people are waving around.
Hi Im a DikHead

Auckland, New Zealand

#13 Oct 5, 2006
I always thought Jihad was simply a mechanism for solidarity amongst those with common ideas and beliefs - more a means of protecting each other and rallying together for that purpose. It seems that that's a wide concept that gets used by Muslim criminals (and in the overall scheme of things considering the number of Muslims in the world - a minority)to get violent. They should be treated as just that - criminals. The minority of criminally minded Muslims seem to have used it as a mechanism to commit terrorist activity - which is not that different from a number of other elements in society in the past.
hi i am racist

Perth, Australia

#14 Oct 5, 2006
Jihad, sometimes spelled Jahad, Jehad, Jihaad, Djehad or Cihad,(Arabic: &#1580;&#1607;&#15 75;&#1583;&#8206; &#487;ih&#257;d) is an Islamic term, from the Arabic root &#487;hd ("to exert utmost effort, to strive, struggle"), which connotes a wide range of meanings: anything from an inward spiritual struggle to attain perfect faith to a political or military struggle. Individuals involved in the political or military forms of jihad are often labeled with the neologism "jihadist" or "jihadi".

The term "jihad" is often used to describe purely physical and military "religious war", through physical struggle. Some Muslim scholars say that this only makes up part of the broader meaning of the concept of jihad. The denotation is of a struggle, challenge, difficulty or (frequently) opposed effort, made either in accomplishment or as resistance. A person who engages in any form of jihad can be called a mujahid (in plural: mujahidin)(Arabic: striver, struggler). Such a person might engage in fighting as a military struggle for religious reasons, or for example, struggle to memorize the Qur'an. Jihad has gained a negative connotation and reputation in much of the West because of its usage by various groups classified by the United States of America as terrorist organizations as part of its War on terror.

i did me reserch funny they use their own religion as an escuse to go nuts. and i say the schoole is correct but should say muslims not perfect
Hi Im a DikHead

Auckland, New Zealand

#15 Oct 5, 2006
Well exactly!. to exert utmost effort, to strive, struggle could just as easily be applied to the most neo-liberal ideologue or good clean living follower of Howard or Bush. OR indeed half the ideologically driven fukwits that spout sh*t on this site. I wonder how many of them ever stop to consider the crap they accuse ppl of is just as applicable to them. But then I'm a Dikhead
theworldasweknow it

Pennant Hills, Australia

#16 Oct 5, 2006
Hi Im a DikHead wrote:
Well exactly!. to exert utmost effort, to strive, struggle could just as easily be applied to the most neo-liberal ideologue or good clean living follower of Howard or Bush. OR indeed half the ideologically driven fukwits that spout sh*t on this site. I wonder how many of them ever stop to consider the crap they accuse ppl of is just as applicable to them. But then I'm a Dikhead
You are because you continue to fail to see the point people are making. Sure theres a minority islamic element involved in terrorism but the islam majority supports them and thats been shown over and over again on these forums factually. There are no freedoms for non muslims in muslim society. So get over your poor me head space and get a reality check.
theworldasweknow it

Pennant Hills, Australia

#17 Oct 12, 2006
Islam and what they show on their own TV channels

http://video.google.com/videoplay...
GoodGod

Merewether, Australia

#18 Oct 12, 2006
I have to say I'm disappointed in the lack of thought behind the comments on this page. The sweeping stereotypes and lack of information are astounding. People are people all over the world, and we certainly know that there are plenty of bad Christians, and there have been plenty of Christian wars. Islam can be a beautiful religion and had a golden age while most of Christendom was a dark, evil place. The troubles in the Gulf states have more to do with current political and social conditions than with the religion itself. Us Christians deserve some of the blame, bcs we control the current world order and have undermined (even overthown) legitimate goverments in the Middle East, propped up violent dictators (including Sadam), kept the people under the thumb and extracted as much oil as we could. Let's all take a deep breath and try to find common ground with other people in the world rather than attack them.
theworldasweknow it

Pennant Hills, Australia

#19 Oct 12, 2006
GoodGod wrote:
I have to say I'm disappointed in the lack of thought behind the comments on this page. The sweeping stereotypes and lack of information are astounding. People are people all over the world, and we certainly know that there are plenty of bad Christians, and there have been plenty of Christian wars. Islam can be a beautiful religion and had a golden age while most of Christendom was a dark, evil place. The troubles in the Gulf states have more to do with current political and social conditions than with the religion itself. Us Christians deserve some of the blame, bcs we control the current world order and have undermined (even overthown) legitimate goverments in the Middle East, propped up violent dictators (including Sadam), kept the people under the thumb and extracted as much oil as we could. Let's all take a deep breath and try to find common ground with other people in the world rather than attack them.
If there is a lack of thought it is in your comments - if you took the time to read what people have written on different posts then you would see that your feel good mentality is baseless crap that does nothing to address reality or the current issues facing the world. May I suggest you educate yourself before putting others down.
theworldasweknow it

Pennant Hills, Australia

#20 Oct 12, 2006
As an example;
EleWM wrote:
[<quoted text>
I think that you are missing the point…..
You have to read the Qur’an, Hadiths etc to understand the theology and doctrine.
When there is a contradiction between the theology/doctrine and what is said… then look at the deeds.
For example Muslims will say that jihad is not a war of aggression for the purpose of spreading Islam. Now the Qur’an says it is. The Hadiths say it is and so does Sunni Shari’ah say it is.
So do we believe the Holy Books or the guy on the internet who is saying that jihad is only an inner/personal struggle?
Well let’s look at actions.. the Actions of Muhammad, the Caliphates, the Ottoman empire and the radical Muslims today supports the holy literature.. Islam has used violence since day one to advance its cause. Radical Muslims today lay out their support form the holy books very clearly on why they are following Islam correctly in using Jihad as a violent aggression to spread Islam. Few moderate Muslims will stand up against such an interpretation of jihad because to do so is blasphemy and can even be called apostasy.. and they loose their head.
Now in Christianity… we cannot find one place in the NT that advocates the use of violence as aggression. It’s use as self defense can even be very limited. There is no command in Christianity to fight holy wars until Christianity is the only religion and all the world is for God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Teen wolf' girl dragged from court after tryin... 33 min Library Card 3
Poll Why do Indians look like shit? (May '10) 8 hr ml AD 105
Do Indian and Pakistani look same to you Anglos? (Jun '12) 10 hr Grassclipper 8
News Mining downturn boosts Pilbara tourism opportun... 10 hr Grassclipper 6
China , India and Indonesia to dominate the wor... (Jun '13) Mon Raj Chanani 34
I laugh when turdskins die in heatwaves Mon Pebble1111 2
I like having sex with Fijian boys (Sep '12) Mon poly808boy 16
More from around the web