First Australian gay couples to legally marry

Dec 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion

A state lawmaker and his partner plan to fly 3,500 kilometers across Australia to become one of the nation's first same-sex couples to legally marry at an after-midnight ceremony in the Australian capital.

Comments
821 - 840 of 1,735 Comments Last updated May 10, 2014

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom cannot, per se, be "sacrificed". One merely opts to not exercise it.
The rest is force, and threat of force, imposed from the outside. Coercion.
It has been demonstrated that a tiger raised in a cage it's entire life will continue to pace back and forth behind bars that have been removed, and now only exist in it's mind.
In that case, we 'opt' not to exercise our freedom in countless situations, we exchange absolute freedom for the benefits of living in a society - in as much as a lack of freedom may be only a perception, so is freedom often only a perception, negated again and again by the realities of life. I wonder how much of a benefit 'innate freedom' is to people living lives of unbelievable hardship - I think freedom exists in its exercise, not in theory.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

Judged:

sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
Babies do not exhibit any gender preference - that happens much later, I think there is no reason to refer to a baby as 'gay' as there is no way of ascertaining that - for goodness sake, babies are just babies.
"gender preference"? There's that language again.

I agree that it's not yet possible to accurately identify a gay kid earlier than age 5.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

Judged:

sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case, we 'opt' not to exercise our freedom in countless situations, we exchange absolute freedom for the benefits of living in a society - in as much as a lack of freedom may be only a perception, so is freedom often only a perception, negated again and again by the realities of life. I wonder how much of a benefit 'innate freedom' is to people living lives of unbelievable hardship - I think freedom exists in its exercise, not in theory.
I think that freedom is absolute, and anything else is an illusion.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"gender preference"? There's that language again.
I agree that it's not yet possible to accurately identify a gay kid earlier than age 5.
Ok, it's not a preference,- and I would have thought it was not possible to accurately identify a child as homosexual at all - and what purpose would that serve? The thought of anyone trying to identify a six year old as 'gay' or otherwise does not sound quite right to me.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that freedom is absolute, and anything else is an illusion.
I think that's how it should be - but we don't really see that happening - I mean if your freedom is taken from you - literally - then that is not an illusion surely? Regarding the different political systems of America and England, in terms of the English having developed under a monarchical system and America having been founded on a rejection of English concepts - if you were to go and live in the UK, in what ways would that difference impact on your life? And again, in America, do all people feel that they are truly free, as intended by the founding fathers - are they truly free?
MOOSE

Regents Park, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Snyper you have a great vocabulary and it's a pleasure to read your comments. But aren't you homosexual? Most everyone here seems to think you're supposed to be stupid if you are.
LOL you're the fairy!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>\
No, Ben Franklin's words were used in a discussion of the principles of Freedom that are foundational to American political thought, in contrast to the Australian.
You've again committed the Red Herring Straw Man Fallacy.
Lose 1 point.
(You're getting shrill)
Misapplied principles.

I get 20 points.

Smile.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, it's not a preference,- and I would have thought it was not possible to accurately identify a child as homosexual at all - and what purpose would that serve? The thought of anyone trying to identify a six year old as 'gay' or otherwise does not sound quite right to me.
In reality there are cross gender children being discovered even earlier than age six.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
In reality there are cross gender children being discovered even earlier than age six.
How could that be possible? What criteria is used to determine this? Most importantly - why would anyone do this? Children should be left to develop as they do, if they are heterosexual, homosexual, cross gender or whatever, they will understand that in good time - I would have some reservations about people who start looking for this is small children, it sounds quite unhealthy.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
How could that be possible? What criteria is used to determine this? Most importantly - why would anyone do this? Children should be left to develop as they do, if they are heterosexual, homosexual, cross gender or whatever, they will understand that in good time - I would have some reservations about people who start looking for this is small children, it sounds quite unhealthy.
A wise parent who sees it is how. They don't have to "do" it, they just have to be wise enough to accept it when it is present. And it's happening.
gheynew

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
My nephew approached his parents two weeks ago and told them he was gay. The relief he felt was palpable and we were all like "what took you so long"? He was stunned we knew and thought he'd kept it hidden. Family....in the true sense of the word.
Lock up the kids!
gheynew

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
My nephew approached his parents two weeks ago and told them he was gay. The relief he felt was palpable and we were all like "what took you so long"? He was stunned we knew and thought he'd kept it hidden. Family....in the true sense of the word.
I can smell a rock spider..........
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

Great news for "Aryan Lion" aka Afghan Homo and his little butt pal, Paki-Jatt-P**sy.
gheynew

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

Faith wrote:
Great news for "Aryan Lion" aka Afghan Homo and his little butt pal, Paki-Jatt-P**sy.
still doesn't help the inherent gheyness of Rabnew......
gheynew

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

lowprofile wrote:
<quoted text>
After this little gem we have a deeper understanding of why it's so pro f*ggot.
yep! this queer will be freeing the refos soon & hugging trees and haunting public toilets etc etc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
A wise parent who sees it is how. They don't have to "do" it, they just have to be wise enough to accept it when it is present. And it's happening.
Yes, I can understand that - with an adolescent - but a small child?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes it's obvious to the child themselves, though they do not have the vocabulary to describe it. Obviously, the erotic dimension of gay orientation has not yet manifested.

I've known hetero boys that were "girl crazy" when they were 4-6. No doubt in anyone's mind that they were hetero. lol

It's best to wait before making assumptions, and definitely before assigning labels.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
One remains absolutely Free, regardless. There are an awful lot of caged tigers, though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that's how it should be - but we don't really see that happening - I mean if your freedom is taken from you - literally - then that is not an illusion surely? Regarding the different political systems of America and England, in terms of the English having developed under a monarchical system and America having been founded on a rejection of English concepts - if you were to go and live in the UK, in what ways would that difference impact on your life? And again, in America, do all people feel that they are truly free, as intended by the founding fathers - are they truly free?
Let's review ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
gheynew

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your contribution to society? Not much me thinks.
If thinking I'm a gay male makes you feel good then I'm happy for you. You seem infatuated with me. You're the one with a problem.
such a ghey response..... s'pose it beats being infatuated with kiddy fiddlers & perverts like you are?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

143 Users are viewing the Australia Forum right now

Search the Australia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WAR India v Australia, who will win? 2 min Harini returnz 2,028
Aussie beer is the worst thing ever made 4 min Aussie Bloke 3
We Need To Get Organised 7 min Ashturn 11
Aussies enjoy beastiality 9 min Mike Litoris 6
Queenslander I love u babe 9 min Mohammed Khan 1
Why do Australian men like asian women so much (Mar '11) 10 min Wise_One 1,280
Why White Women loves Indian Men? (Oct '11) 19 min Martin 16,473
Israel has put up with a lot. 41 min fadu singh 155
Whites should have more kids 2 hr Queenslander 105