Truth-seeker

Smithfield, RI

#41 Aug 26, 2009
Vicki Soederberg

Sweden

#42 Dec 21, 2009
89% of all pensioners in Australia are living under the existance minimum. Whats the government doing about it. NOTHING. As u say the r3fugees get better paid than the pensioners after working all there life to pay into a pensionfund and taxes etc. They are now supporting refugees that come to Australia. If the pensioners can´t demonstrat in large numbers then they must have help to do it. Nothing will happen until they start to react. All pensioners should go to centerlink and apply for jobs disrupt the system.
Piracy cons

Perth, Australia

#43 Dec 21, 2009
No wonder those Aboriginals tried to apply for UN refugee status. Pure genius.
thanks jack412

West End, Australia

#44 Jun 2, 2010
Jack412,Thank you so much, I received this email today (so it's still going around) so I went looking for more info because it really pissed me off (in the sense that it seemed incorrect, it is trying to inflame racism, and because I have known a number of refugees,all of whom are wonderful, contributing people with such difficult past experiences).

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for the link - I replied all to the email and sent the link you provided so that everyone who was sent the original email could also read that it is a hoax

Thanks so much
MIchelle
Max

Australia

#45 Jun 2, 2010
SUPERIOR AUSSIE wrote:
Everyone needs to be aware of this one.
God bless our seniors
Subject:
Australian Govt Refugee Allowances vs.Aust Pensioners !!
It is interesting that the Federal Government provides a Single Refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890.00
and each can also get an additional $580. 00 in Social Assistance, so a total of $2,470.00 per month.
Family of 4 can receive $9,880.00 per month or yearly $118,685
A single Australian pensioner who, after contributing to the growth and development of Australia for 40 to 50 years,
receives only a monthly maximum of $1,012.00 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement.(Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!)
*Let's send this to all Australians so we can all be ticked off and maybe we can get the refugees cut back to $1,012.00 and the pensioners up to $2,470.00 and enjoy some of the money we are forced to submit to the Government in taxes.
BULLSH*T.Refugees get reasonable allowance.You blockhead sub human.
Bridie Hall

Australia

#46 Jun 8, 2010
How much more can we take? I will be out on the street on 28th June because I cannot afford accommodation I can afford. Yet, when I go to the Housing Authority of NSW, I am usually the only Aussie there, all the others are new comers wearing hijab etc., I am 72 years old. My country has let me down in favour of the terrorists we allow into our country...I am not the racist is this what I am...I just want a fair go.
HarryPotter

Melbourne, Australia

#47 Jun 15, 2010
*** NOW, LET ME SEE IF I'VE GOT THIS RIGHT....

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOUR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND
YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO A POLITICAL
PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE AUSTRALIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET:
* A JOB,
* AN INTERPRETER,
* FREE LEGAL AID,
* A DRIVERS LICENCE,
* A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER,
* WELFARE,
* CREDIT CARDS,
* FREE EDUCATION,
* FREE HEALTH CARE,
* DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
* THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DO NOT
GET ENOUGH RESPECT.
Sensationalism? Then think about just this one [not so] small aspect...
The Australian Federal Government provides the following financial assistance:-
BENEFIT AUSTRALIAN AGED PENSIONER ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN AUSTRALIA
Weekly allowance $253.00 $472.50
Weekly Spouse allowance $56.00 $472.50
Additional weekly hardship allowance $0.00 $145.00

TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT $16,068.00 $56,680.00

If I were a refugee, why would I look for work? And the current Government is saying that 'elderly Australia ' is going to put the country $100 Bn into debt in the next few years?!
Chook

Melbourne, Australia

#48 Jul 5, 2010
This is all a hoax - check your facts before you go spreading incorrect information around that is created simply to inflame a racist situation - check out hoax slayer for a start and further internet searching will bring up additional facts on the matter
donna maria

Brisbane, Australia

#49 Jul 5, 2010
my father is 63 he has worked all his life and never got any money from the goverment he now has a crippling muscle diese and he gets nothing from the goverment yet people come here by boat and never worked in australia get a free house a free doctors and more money than penshioners what a joke on the australian people are we the biggest suckers in the world i say round them up and send them back to camel land
Judgejudy

Melbourne, Australia

#50 Jul 5, 2010
Chook wrote:
This is all a hoax - check your facts before you go spreading incorrect information around that is created simply to inflame a racist situation - check out hoax slayer for a start and further internet searching will bring up additional facts on the matter
Are you trying to tell us that Australian Taxpayers do not have to pay for Assylum seekers?

Assylum seekers do not cost us money?

The Assylum Seeker Industry employs Australians who help them gain access to all sorts of freebies at our expense?

Yes you would have a vested interest wouldn't you?

Go and show some compassion towards our thousands of homeless and disadvantaged.
First Fleeter

Sydney, Australia

#51 Oct 7, 2010
Why is it that the most inferior of our whites talk the loudest of their own superiority?
This crap has been doing the rounds for 4 years it has purported to represent the situation in several countries.
The truth, a refugee arrives in a country usually only in the clothes on their back and they get assistance over the normal because their situation is that of exceptional circumstance.
Our people that have been through natural disasters (Cyclones, Bushfires, Floods and the like) receive similar payments.
Because of the small number of refugees this as a percentage of budget is so miniscule that it is almost immeasurable and definitly of no consiquence.
I have no doubt that these threads will continue pop up because of the love that thrives among the inferior people of this country, people that can’t take responsibility for their shortcomings and love to hate something new every day.
intriguing

Melbourne, Australia

#52 Oct 7, 2010

“Free Speech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

Australia

#53 Oct 7, 2010
Mux wrote:
Australia take about 10,000 refugees yearly as an signatory to various international treaties and conventions in comparison there are millions of old age pensioners and they have there own properties, household goods and investments in contrast refugees are very poor with no housing, employment or household goods. Once these refugees are settled and gain employment, they contribute more to the economy than pensioners.
There were found to be Muslim men and their families who have been in Australia for over 10 years and have never worked.
Pensioners have already contributed to our economy by working and paying their taxes.
goober

Australia

#55 Nov 26, 2010
well i dont know if the immigrants get more or less money alli know is that the aussie dsp is the road to a life in poverty and when you find a little happiness and aplace you can actually afford to live and have a family the government is only too willing to rip it off you and destroy any chance of having a bit of a life and some happiness they prefer you live in total poverty and be miserable while they with their overpaid wages and perky lifestyles can feel nice and superior I lost 3 houses in australia cause I could'nt keep up with raising my daughter rates mortgage and water electricity and food schooling the list goes on but I am expected to live on the tiny ammount that is allocated to me I didnt get any rent assistance no help whatsoever but I could rent and get them to help pay the landlords investments off for him not very fair now cant live in thailand with wife and child because of some overpaid pollies ..
HarryPotter

Melbourne, Australia

#56 Nov 26, 2010
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
There were found to be Muslim men and their families who have been in Australia for over 10 years and have never worked.
Pensioners have already contributed to our economy by working and paying their taxes.
I agree.

I know of a Muslim couple who raised their three children on Welfare whilst the husband has done cash in hand work as a muso.

He claims some disability pension and the wife gets paid to be his carer despite him running around every where making a buck on the side.

There are also many non Muslim migrants on the same band wagon and they all seem to be experts at knowing where all the freebies are despite their lack of English knowledge.

When is the government going to wake up to these crooks.
HarryPotter

Melbourne, Australia

#57 Nov 26, 2010
goober wrote:
well i dont know if the immigrants get more or less money alli know is that the aussie dsp is the road to a life in poverty and when you find a little happiness and aplace you can actually afford to live and have a family the government is only too willing to rip it off you and destroy any chance of having a bit of a life and some happiness they prefer you live in total poverty and be miserable while they with their overpaid wages and perky lifestyles can feel nice and superior I lost 3 houses in australia cause I could'nt keep up with raising my daughter rates mortgage and water electricity and food schooling the list goes on but I am expected to live on the tiny ammount that is allocated to me I didnt get any rent assistance no help whatsoever but I could rent and get them to help pay the landlords investments off for him not very fair now cant live in thailand with wife and child because of some overpaid pollies ..
It's not a life of poverty when you can work on the side and run businesses. To lots of migrants its pocket money. Many travel over seas regularly where they hide the money and have business there. This has been going on for years in this country and Australians just have been turning a blind eye.

Australia

#58 Nov 26, 2010
HarryPotter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a life of poverty when you can work on the side and run businesses. To lots of migrants its pocket money. Many travel over seas regularly where they hide the money and have business there. This has been going on for years in this country and Australians just have been turning a blind eye.
About 4000 Muslims went to Mecca this year from Australia
I would like to know if any new arrivals travelled.

“Ngali”

Since: Jun 08

Perth

#59 Nov 26, 2010
SUPERIOR AUSSIE wrote:
Everyone needs to be aware of this one.
God bless our seniors
Subject:
Australian Govt Refugee Allowances vs.Aust Pensioners !!
It is interesting that the Federal Government provides a Single Refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890.00
and each can also get an additional $580. 00 in Social Assistance, so a total of $2,470.00 per month.
Family of 4 can receive $9,880.00 per month or yearly $118,685
A single Australian pensioner who, after contributing to the growth and development of Australia for 40 to 50 years,
receives only a monthly maximum of $1,012.00 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement.(Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!)
*Let's send this to all Australians so we can all be ticked off and maybe we can get the refugees cut back to $1,012.00 and the pensioners up to $2,470.00 and enjoy some of the money we are forced to submit to the Government in taxes.
Yet another internet hoax/urban myth with no basis in truth.

There are versions of this hoax circulating in Candadian and American sites and forums and have done so since 2004 according to Snopes.

For a start the numbers are totally incorrect.

From Centrelink;

These Age Pension payment rates are effective from 20 September 2010.

Status Pension rate per fortnight
Single $658.40*
Couple $496.30* each

*These amounts exclude the Pension Supplement[2] amount which is currently a maximum of $57.70 a fortnight for singles and $87.00 a fortnight for couples (combined).
END QUOTE

So a single pensioner can get $1,432.20 a month.

Media Reports from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship say,

DIAC refutes internet claims on refugee paymentsDIAC refutes internet claims on refugee payments 07 Sep 2007
The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) has refuted false claims circulating on the internet that refugees settling in Australia receive more in benefit payments than Australian pensioners.

‘The figures quoted in the email bear no resemblance to income-support payments to pensioners, or to payments to refugees settling in Australia,’ DIAC spokesman Sandi Logan said today.

’The text and figures in the email appear to have originated in Canadian emails, websites and internet chatrooms. We suspect that the email circulating here has been cut and pasted from these sources.

’In Australia, refugees granted permanent visas may gain access to benefits on the same basis and at the same rates as other Australian permanent residents.

END QUOTE

Another obvious hoax that can only take in those who share the prejudices of the authors.

Australia

#60 Nov 26, 2010
HarryPotter wrote:
<quoted text>
Australians who moved to Papua New Guinea have done similar.
I met a fellow who married there and had two daughters.
When the children came of secondary education age he returned to Australia and declared to centrelink he was a single parent and demanded assistance because of his little girls.
He transferred his Papuan assets into his wife's name, and she visits every few months .
This fellow expects everything to suit him over that of us,and when he can't get it he cries out,how can I look after my little girls.
The last time I saw them,the eldest girl could have played forward for the Qld. Cowboys.

“Ngali”

Since: Jun 08

Perth

#61 Nov 26, 2010
Judgejudy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to tell us that Australian Taxpayers do not have to pay for Assylum seekers?
Assylum seekers do not cost us money?
The Assylum Seeker Industry employs Australians who help them gain access to all sorts of freebies at our expense?
Yes you would have a vested interest wouldn't you?
Go and show some compassion towards our thousands of homeless and disadvantaged.
It's a hoax. Simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Farmers own milk to be made banned 6 min Health news 1
Buddhist statues? 13 min Freefow 60
Punjabis are not Indians. Please don't hate on ... (Nov '13) 19 min Harvinder 191
The wonders of diversity 20 min Balkaner 160
Is Nova Peris Murri or Indian (Jan '13) 23 min World abo associa... 46
Indians are all liars 24 min Helen8809 3
What do you think of POMS in Oz? (Jan '13) 24 min Pete 251
Do Aussies Really Want Immigration? (Mar '14) 1 hr Balkaner 458
WAR India v Australia, who will win? 1 hr normal Aussie 7,374
Gay Meet Ups in Melbourne (Oct '13) 2 hr Dude94101 321
Australias Population Limit, What should it be? 2 hr BigRabbit 92

Australia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE