Chinese hackers a growing threat to US

Chinese hackers a growing threat to US

There are 53 comments on the www.bbc.co.uk story from May 20, 2013, titled Chinese hackers a growing threat to US. In it, www.bbc.co.uk reports that:

Chinese state sponsored cyberattacks have recomenced against US companies, says the New York Times.Unit 61398 of the Chinese army is said to be the source of the cyberattacks on US companies and federal gov agencies.A Us cyber defence company originally made the claims.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.bbc.co.uk.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
grte

Ascot Vale, Australia

#43 May 21, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Steal the technology from others who invested in the development and research and pay your workers 3 dollars an hour to build it.
Why do those american companaies allow internet acces, close the www internet access and the chinese can,t steal
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#44 May 21, 2013
grte wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do those american companaies allow internet acces, close the www internet access and the chinese can,t steal
It's not the internet so much. They will simply buy a product and reverse engineer it.

When a company manufactures products in China, it has to enter into a partnership with the Chinese company thereby giving that company access to the technology.

Since: Dec 12

Sydney

#45 May 21, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Steal the technology from others who invested in the development and research and pay your workers 3 dollars an hour to build it.
Absolutely.

http://overwatchreport.com/issue/the-overwatc...
Myth Buster

Kuching, Malaysia

#46 May 22, 2013
USA is the king in industrial espionage and is doing it openly everyday.
Heard of the ECHELON?

[wiki] British journalist Duncan Campbell and New Zealand journalist Nicky Hager asserted in the 1990s that the United States was exploiting ECHELON traffic for industrial espionage, rather than military and diplomatic purposes.[10] Examples alleged by the journalists include the gear-less wind turbine technology designed by the German firm Enercon[6][11] and the speech technology developed by the Belgian firm Lernout & Hauspie.[12] An article in the US newspaper Baltimore Sun reported in 1995 that European aerospace company Airbus lost a $6 billion contract with Saudi Arabia in 1994 after the US National Security Agency reported that Airbus officials had been bribing Saudi officials to secure the contract.[13][14]

In 2001 the Temporary Committee on the ECHELON Interception System recommended to the European Parliament that citizens of member states routinely use cryptography in their communications to protect their privacy, because economic espionage with ECHELON has been conducted by the US intelligence agencies.[6]

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#47 May 22, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
THEY ARE NOT FECKIN' HACKERS...they are CRACKERS, GET EDUCATED...in Aussies speak this means feck off, now you know what that means, how about you learn about the difference between Hackers vs Crackers..you ignorant morons.
http://www.website-guardian.com/what-is-the-d...
Was it a full Moon yesterday?
Peter Hall

Sydney, Australia

#48 May 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
China F*ck America up for me !
Did you get refused your green card??

Since: Dec 12

Sydney

#49 May 22, 2013
grte wrote:
<quoted text>
how did you get uk citizenship when you are obviously anti western and anti anglo, what a joke uk immigration must be.
It is a joke. This is one of many similar cases.

"No iPod allowed for terror suspect student"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/apr/12/no-i...

“Will Blog For Food”

Since: Jun 08

Cleveland

#50 May 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
I am not from Pakistan I am from a superior country than Australia called Turkey .
Aaaaaa.... ha, ha, ha, ha......

http://estquodest.com

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#51 May 22, 2013
Republican Eagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it a full Moon yesterday?
Why, Did your family morph?

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#52 May 22, 2013
grte wrote:
<quoted text>
How...NOONE on earth can do that successfully there is always a way to get in..if you have the patience and know how...or are you suggesting closing it down completely?
grte

Melbourne, Australia

#53 May 23, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the internet so much. They will simply buy a product and reverse engineer it.
When a company manufactures products in China, it has to enter into a partnership with the Chinese company thereby giving that company access to the technology.
well if you know this then its your own fault, or its that the rich in the usa do as they please to satisfy there greeds, and in doing so have become sought of traitors to the united states, same as athe rich australians who sold out oz land and assets to rich commies and muslim arabs or malaysians or singaporaeans. Traitors seems to be from the rich, the stalwalt defenders from the poor. yet who gets all the breaks and favours?
Dan

Roseville, Australia

#54 May 23, 2013
chinese hackers treat to whole world OZ not exclude
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#55 May 23, 2013
grte wrote:
<quoted text>
well if you know this then its your own fault, or its that the rich in the usa do as they please to satisfy there greeds, and in doing so have become sought of traitors to the united states, same as athe rich australians who sold out oz land and assets to rich commies and muslim arabs or malaysians or singaporaeans. Traitors seems to be from the rich, the stalwalt defenders from the poor. yet who gets all the breaks and favours?
Moving toward a free enterprise system without government corporatism and protectionism is one of the tea party motives. These politicians are in bed with the fat cats you mentioned. A symbiotic relationship, if you will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Astronomer rules our solar causes of Cooma's my... 5 hr Master Renjii 1
Why are Pakistani men so gorgeous but Pakistani... (Nov '14) 8 hr Pebble1111 41
News This Orphaned Tree Kangaroo Was Raised by a Sur... 12 hr Grassclipper 2
I laugh when turdskins die in heatwaves 12 hr Grassclipper 4
News DLA Piper Expands Perth, Australia Office 16 hr happy times 1 1
News Suitcase hid missing safe Thu Graeme Russell 1
i hate italians from italy (Oct '12) Thu I hate Italians 83
More from around the web