It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103340 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

EX-ADF

Elwood, Australia

#110767 Dec 3, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you can provide no proof that there were. Hmmmmmm
Your back, I thought you had run away to stroke your gun!

Australia had gun massacres right up until 1996 when we introduced our gun controls. Since 1996 we have had nil gun massacres whilst the US has how many?
Ex ADF is a liar

Sweden

#110768 Dec 3, 2013
EX-ADF wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to re-think your belief that there were no gun related massacres prior to the 70's.
So where and when was this big gun massacre before 1970 ? Cant seem to find one. Government soldiers and police fighting aboriginals is not the same thing.
EX-ADF

Elwood, Australia

#110769 Dec 3, 2013
Ex ADF is a liar wrote:
<quoted text>So where and when was this big gun massacre before 1970 ? Cant seem to find one. Government soldiers and police fighting aboriginals is not the same thing.
It seems i have annoyed some of the raving gun nuts; but thanks for the name copying, it's cute and lets me know I am getting to the nutcases!

So you have found pre-1907's massacres have you?
kissmenow

Johannesburg, South Africa

#110771 Dec 4, 2013

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#110772 Dec 4, 2013
EX-ADF wrote:
<quoted text>
Australia had gun massacres right up until 1996 when we introduced our gun controls. Since 1996 we have had nil gun massacres whilst the US has how many?
Monash University shooting - In October 2002 (2 dead, 5 injured)

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#110773 Dec 4, 2013
ex-ADF wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither does your opinion in Australia or on this Australian thread on Topic.
It is good to see you have finally decided not to try and argue comparable gun related death Australia versus the US.
There is nothing to argue about. You are comparing a country that is roughly the same size as the US (not including Alaska), and that only has a population equal to that of Florida. Not nearly as many over-crowded cities, or as diverse a population. Both of which are HUGE factors when talking about criminals with guns.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#110775 Dec 4, 2013
EX-ADF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you STILL haven't provided ONE instance of such an occurrence. WHY IS THAT?

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#110776 Dec 4, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
that's why they use per capita statistics... they probably didn't teach you about that in hillbilly high....
What LIEberal techniques on how to skew actual facts?

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#110777 Dec 4, 2013
EX-ADF wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me,'EX-thinker'. How well do you think the Aborigine peoples would have fared against you freaks had they been armed like you? Oh that's right! You have no problem with your 'masters' being armed.(And this due to your innate cowardice). Because you 'trust' them to not turn their weapons, WHICH YOUR TAX MONEY PAID FOR, on you. Despite history being replete with examples of governments doing that EXACT THING against their own populations.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#110778 Dec 4, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
2ndAmrightard doesn't like to be confronted with facts.... he is a delusional dolt stuck in the the 1800's with his his guns....
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4106/499209290...
Wow, freak. Your deluded state brought on by cowardice, has almost caused you total blindness. And just think, people used to be ashamed of being a coward....

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#110780 Dec 4, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
bwhahahahahhaha.... a graduate of hillbilly high.....bwhahhahahhahaahah... what an IDIOT...
Drooled the mindless spam-bot.
Yo Mama

London, UK

#110782 Dec 7, 2013
satanlives wrote:
Still giving Obama head?

:-))
Frank N Stein

London, UK

#110783 Dec 7, 2013
satanlives wrote:
Still giving Obama head?

:-))

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#110785 Dec 7, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
no, but your mom is servicing the homeless for xmas... congrats....
You act like a four year old child.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#110787 Dec 8, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah.... you tell us mental giant that you are... can't even comprehend the use of 'per capita'...bwhahhahahhahha
That's actually funny coming from an ignorama-troll.
Fantaire

United States

#110789 Dec 8, 2013
Satan Almighty wrote:
Still slithering in here and still getting your ass kicked I see.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#110790 Dec 8, 2013
Fantaire wrote:
<quoted text>Still slithering in here and still getting your ass kicked I see.
I actually think he/she likes being kicked around.

[Good usage of the word "slithering" by the way!]

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#110794 Dec 10, 2013
Satan Almighty wrote:
<quoted text>
IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT YOU COME IN CONTACT WITH 2ndamright OR ANY OF HIS MANY ALIASES including IrelandsOwn, DO NOT BEND OVER IN FRONT OF HIM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES . A panel of experts has recently determined that this poor INBRED’S complete inability to attract any attention from either sex has driven him to the rather bizarre behavior of impersonating Americans. He is doing this in the hope of attracting either reverend ted haggard or a priest with a tub of vaseline, to which he hasn’t been successful.
He has now resorted to trying to kornhole his own aliases. This creature can most commonly found on the TOPIX gun threads, erect, spinning around like a dog chasing it’s tail, while trying to get at his own butt. It is also highly recommended that in the case of accidental contact you rinse yourself off with bleach and burn the clothes you were wearing.
Horowitz at Heritage Foundation:'The Communist Party Is The Democratic Party'

"...Finally, said Horowitz, the American left “lie. And it's not like politicians spinning...you cannot be a leftist without lying about the most basic strategic facts about who you are.”
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/...

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#110797 Dec 13, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
only you need is some vaseline
We can't let this mindless post be the last on this thread.

Since: Aug 13

Winter Park, FL

#110798 Dec 14, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
We can't let this mindless post be the last on this thread.
uh, ok...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Perverts walking free from Vic courts 2 hr The Fonz 2
News Now Available: Australian Renewable Fuels Limit... 3 hr duck goose 5
News Experience the best of Sydney 3 hr duck goose 1
want to have a girlfriend. 4 hr Peter Hall 3
News antifa notes 21 hr Scoop 9
Poll Why are Indian men and white women relationship... (Aug '13) Sun Rob 9
News Australian ISIS recruiter Neil Prakash posts tr... Sun Scoop 2
More from around the web