It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 4,748)

Showing posts 94,941 - 94,960 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Longwarry, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. I am shallow and you are a deep/mature thinker.
Woe is me.
Never practice sarcasm on an Aussie. We wrote the book.:)

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Tory II wrote:
<quoted text>
The only people who brag about themselves the way you do are cops, former cops, or pig-lovers (and all of them are antigun copy-and-paste addicts).
You're a proven antigun communist:
See post #1132:
http://www.topix.com/forum/guns/T3U415K99MGTL...
Well hello, Noid. Was wondering when you were going to crawl out from under your special cop. Find those microphones yet???

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they would be banning guns for the welfare of ALL people. Sounds logical.
Onlyin your warped little mind, Mooch.

So how is disarming the law-abiding citizens, leaving them as disarmed sheep for the wolves (criminals that won't abide by ANY gun ban, never have & never will) good for the welfare of ALL people? Are you naive enough to think that the criminals will just lay down their guns, too? Hasn't ever worked in the history of this planet.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
I think I should leave now. Everyone picks on me and I can't defend myself. Limited capability.
Bye...
Your not being picked on. And if your stance on the issues was valid, it wouldn't be difficult for you to defend it. But alas, it's not.
Besara

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they would be banning guns for the welfare of ALL people. Sounds
Yeah, women should just take their chances with a 230 lb. rapist. You wouldn't want her shooting him.
Besara

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

jase wrote:
A woman with a little education can turn a 230lb. would be rapist into a 230lb. blob. A 230lb. rapist is a 230lb. coward to start with.
A woman with a gun can neutralize the rapist.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

tinydropthestickgooddog wrote:
here at Wayne state Uni, just off motown drive - our student body have formed a Repeal the 2nd amendment working group for social action - I addressed their annual general gathering the other night .
Funny thing about classrooms and the outside world. Classrooms are a controlled environment and the real world is not. Perhaps someday you will figure out that the classroom bullshit generally fails in the real world where the posibilities are endless, and not just the one or two you entertain in your little classroom my child. Classrooms are but mere theory honey. The real world is, well, real.

BTW, you forgot to include the word "envelopes" between the word "gathering" and "the" in your last sentence.
Ahomona

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

I have an infection on my left meat curtain.
don russell

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

all right, lets not be stupid here. no way in hell we are giving a bunch of little kids guns, ok?
what should be done, tho, is run 3-4 of the teachers thru the SAME gun training as cops, and buy ammo and guns, holster for them, and then they don't get paid to provide protection for kids. ONE or more is to be at school ALWAYS. if one of our guys is sick or has to leave, he MUST arrange for another one to be there, or he's FIRED for not doing so.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You should take a leaf out of your own book only get some knowledge before you hit the Aussie forums, we are educated here! BTW the Oscars Loved Seth McFarlanes sexist, racist and anti semetic jokes nice to see the yanks doing what they do best.....should have stuck with Hugh Jackman, he is an Aussie and one of the nicest people on the planet and an all rounder, he would never have embarrassed America or anyone in such a way but too late now....are you getting why we think a good deal of you yanks need a labotomy?
http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2...
Don't need to..I don't go to any Australian Forums
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

A three year old boy shot and killed his father.

Good aim.
levi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

A government that tries to ban guns is a govt afraid of its citizens.
Americans are getting tired of the govt whittleing away at their freedoms, and the govt knows this, thats why they are yelling gun control.
With all the talk of secession and revolution they are simply trying to head it off.

Just remember, if there had been control, the american revolution would have never happened and we would be flying the union jack.

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

levi wrote:
A government that tries to ban guns is a govt afraid of its citizens.
Is this you?:)

http://www.topix.com/member/profile/levi
The Fixers

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

levi wrote:
DELETED.
No MalbarCACA IMPOSTOR, IDENTITY THIEVES, Gallahs KAKA LIKI idiotic 1 monkey moronic Chokra chickyladyrentFAGBOYTWIT LOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER post or discussion will be tolerated.

I virgin levi the DESI dalit midget coolie with the Undersized little ladysboy d^k I play and play with him but he just hangs there. I think he's dead----------Help!, my dicken died, I have nothing I'am a loser, born a loser, and will die a loser. I have nothing, I wanna cry Condemn, Reprehend, admonish cute Real Indian levi, LEVI, Levi boy ti IndoMauritian pilon IMPOSTOR (ID #13 hide my ASS! United States, Australia chickyladyrentboy monkey of The
ADELAIDEANs) for being deranged, obssessed and delusional and Not only dumb but a fraud, a liar, an impostor, a fraudster, a troll for hire and rent by his own admission but more importantly a farcical clown and jerk and a total I wanna cry doorknob Stupif DICKHEAD chimp and IDENTITY THIEF.

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

The Fixers wrote:
<quoted text>
No MalbarCACA IMPOSTOR, IDENTITY THIEVES, Gallahs KAKA LIKI idiotic 1 monkey moronic Chokra chickyladyrentFAGBOYTWIT LOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER post or discussion will be tolerated.
[DRIVEL DELETED]
Catalogued.
levi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this you?:)
http://www.topix.com/member/profile/levi
No,I couldnt use 'levi' it was already taken,I'll go sign in, but dont laugh at my post name, its the only thing I could think of, but Im going to chnage it asap. Im haveing all kinds of comp problems, i can only type a few words at a time b4 it freezes up.
I have ran scans from norton and it says all is ok, but it isnt. I think I got a virus.
The RATifiers

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

levi wrote:
<quoted text>DELETED

I virgin levi the DESI dalit midget coolie with the Undersized little ladysboy d^k I play and play with him but he just hangs there. I think he's dead----------Help!, my dicken died, I have nothing I'am a loser, born a loser, and will die a loser. I have nothing, I wanna cry Condemn, Reprehend, admonish cute Real Indian levi, LEVI, Levi boy ti IndoMauritian pilon IMPOSTOR (ID #13 hide my ASS! United States, Australia chickyladyrentboy monkey of The
ADELAIDEANs) for being deranged, obssessed and delusional and Not only dumb but a fraud, a liar, an impostor, a fraudster, a troll for hire and rent by his own admission but more importantly a farcical clown and jerk and a total I wanna cry doorknob Stupif DICKHEAD chimp and IDENTITY THIEF.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

jase wrote:
Guppy a bottom feeding sucker. A three year boy shit his pants and a 230lb. woman wiped his ass.
j ass - you are so funny. Where you talking about yourself and your mama?
don russell

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

why can't you punks stick to the topic of discussion, or go insult each other on some moronic, know nothing forum where idiots like you belong?
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

don russell wrote:
why can't you punks stick to the topic of discussion, or go insult each other on some moronic, know nothing forum where idiots like you belong?
The trouble is Don, it has been proved statistically that it doesnt matter how many theatres, schools or temples get shot up.

Only about 8 or 9 people per 100,000 get killed each year.
It would have to be 60 or 70 for anyone to advance the argument that the firearm industry is a liability.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 94,941 - 94,960 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••