It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103299 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#100844 Feb 23, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to get up pretty early in the morning..........
No you don't.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#100845 Feb 23, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg your pardon. I am not a parasite! She is my mother and I am deserving of everything she gives me. I have always been the perfect child!
Does my mother know I wish her dead. Only if she is reading this website. Shhh! Don't tell her.
After she goes to the great beyond, I am going to throw a big party in her house in Florida. You and wifey poo wanna come? I'm inviting everyone on here. Everyone has been so nice to me! Should be fun. I think it will be in April. Is that good for you? How do I know? I can't tell you that! Trust me. I know.
Tell wifey poo she can leave her halo at home. I have a few here and she can borrow one, if need be.
Oh, would you rather bring your girlfriend? I will not tell your wife! It will be our little secret.
Unless you are a teenager (which would actually explain a lot) or legal ward of your mother, if you do not work and are totally dependent on her, YES...you are a parasite. Or does MOOCH taste better going down? I'll pass on the party invite.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#100846 Feb 23, 2013
By the way, if your mother is terminal, and you are there helping her in her final days, you have my sympathy and apology.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#100847 Feb 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
By the way, if your mother is terminal, and you are there helping her in her final days, you have my sympathy and apology.
Thank you, kind sir.

My mother is not terminal. She is perfectly healthy - for the time being.

Draw your own conclusions.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#100848 Feb 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
She doesn't "have" me do anything. She handles the bathrooms. Kind of a pet peave of hers.
I have a feeling that when she says "JUMP," you say how high.

I bet YOU went food shopping today.

You are the kind of guy that would do anything to make wifey poo like you. Sweet.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#100849 Feb 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you are a teenager (which would actually explain a lot) or legal ward of your mother, if you do not work and are totally dependent on her, YES...you are a parasite. Or does MOOCH taste better going down? I'll pass on the party invite.
I'm having tons of really cold beer! Wanna change your mind?

I know! You don't want me to know you have a girlfriend. I swear I won't tell your wife. You know me, I always tell the truth AND I can keep a secret. Let me know.

I like MOOCH - it's a good word. Describes me perfectly.

What word would describe you?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#100850 Feb 23, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, kind sir.
My mother is not terminal. She is perfectly healthy - for the time being.
Draw your own conclusions.
So how are you going to kill your mother??

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#100851 Feb 23, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a feeling that when she says "JUMP," you say how high.
I bet YOU went food shopping today.
You are the kind of guy that would do anything to make wifey poo like you. Sweet.
1. I don't "jump" for anyone.
2. You would be wrong, as usual.
3. I don't have to do anything for her to "make" her like me. It was love at first sight. In fact, there are a couple things about me she really doesn't like. My gift of bluntness is one. The tone of my voice is another (she says I always sound angry....I'm not by a long shot). The former I refuse to change.(Don't ask me a question unless you are prepared for a very direct answer. No PC here.) The latter I can't change.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#100852 Feb 23, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm having tons of really cold beer! Wanna change your mind?
I know! You don't want me to know you have a girlfriend. I swear I won't tell your wife. You know me, I always tell the truth AND I can keep a secret. Let me know.
I like MOOCH - it's a good word. Describes me perfectly.
Mooch....parasite....different sides of the same coin.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>What word would describe you?
work-o-holic

And with my wife...I don't need a girlfriend.
levi

United States

#100853 Feb 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
So how are you going to kill your mother??
how do you think she's going to kill her mother? By boredom of course. lol
levi

United States

#100854 Feb 23, 2013
MalbarCACA Controllers wrote:
MalbarCACA GAYforASSbang wrote:
<quoted text>
I aM impotant DICKHEAD.
i too busy TROLLING, SPAMMING AND duplicate copy and pasting.
cute Real Indian levi, LEVI, Levi boy iM chickyladyrentboy obssessed with you. im impotant DICKHEAD.
ROFLMAO....
We know.
Impotent as well.
ROTFLMAOAY!!!
I aM impotant Dickhead. i too busy trolling, spamming and duplicate copy and pasting.
cute real indian levi, LEVI, Levi boy iM chichyladyrentboy obssessed with you im impotant dickhead.
roflmas
we know.
impotent as well.
rotflmaoay!!!

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#100855 Feb 23, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm having tons of really cold beer! Wanna change your mind?
I know! You don't want me to know you have a girlfriend. I swear I won't tell your wife. You know me, I always tell the truth AND I can keep a secret. Let me know.
I like MOOCH - it's a good word. Describes me perfectly.
What word would describe you?
You need to change your name from Guppy to Leech.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#100856 Feb 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
So how are you going to kill your mother??
First - I will try to kill her with kindness.

Second -???? Not sure. Have any ideas? No Gun! No knife!
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#100857 Feb 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to change your name from Guppy to Leech.
Do you think that's more appropriate? Yikes! Don't like to think about leech's.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#100858 Feb 23, 2013
levi wrote:
<quoted text>how do you think she's going to kill her mother? By boredom of course. lol
Self relating?
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#100859 Feb 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Mooch....parasite....different sides of the same coin.
<quoted text>
work-o-holic
And with my wife...I don't need a girlfriend.
I don't need a girlfriend - that's very, very cute.

work-o-holic translates to alcoholic.

now i am a parasite? stop flattering me.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#100860 Feb 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I don't "jump" for anyone.
2. You would be wrong, as usual.
3. I don't have to do anything for her to "make" her like me. It was love at first sight. In fact, there are a couple things about me she really doesn't like. My gift of bluntness is one. The tone of my voice is another (she says I always sound angry....I'm not by a long shot). The former I refuse to change.(Don't ask me a question unless you are prepared for a very direct answer. No PC here.) The latter I can't change.
Love at first sight? Was she blind? So she's a blind saint?

I agree with you wife about your personality. Blunt, tone and anger. Winning combination. Your wife picked a winner.

What's your name? I am prepared for a very direct, honest answer. Cedric?
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#100861 Feb 23, 2013
you = your

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#100862 Feb 23, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that's more appropriate? Yikes! Don't like to think about leech's.
Mooch/Leech/Sponge/Parasite... ...all the same.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#100863 Feb 23, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need a girlfriend - that's very, very cute.
work-o-holic translates to alcoholic.
now i am a parasite? stop flattering me.
If 1-3 drinks a week is an alcoholic in your book.....OK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are white people the most retarded and leas... (May '13) Thu Tatyana Lewis 23
News Abused girl shot, dimembered stepfather (Sep '12) Wed Concerned 11
News Scorching summer swelter hits southeast Wed tony briar mitchell 1
Wana trade nudes? (Jun '13) Wed jeff 7
why are arabs so racist against non arabs? (Jun '13) Jan 16 Meow101 22
How to get Quality Weed / Hashes & Meds in Pert... Jan 14 Jesse 4
How to get Quality Weed / Hashes & Meds in Melb... Jan 14 Jesse 6
More from around the web