It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 4,630)

Showing posts 92,581 - 92,600 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Freedom and Liberty

Oaxaca, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Considering that most self defense situations happen at extremely close raange Ill bet on myself over a cop anytime. Why? Hands on experience with firearms since birth. Training instilled by a father who was a first rate military veteran with several confirmed kills in action plus vast experience with all types of firearms. Training acquired from an expert and Marine Colonel who personally signed my diploma. Innumerable hunting experiences in all types of terrain and adverse conditions. National Guard training. etc etc the list goes on and on. Now heres the real "killer". The average time for a reaction by a policeman is too variable to have any valuable meaning. My handloaded 45 ACP rounds leave the muzzle clicking at 1050 fps. Not much doubt about who Ill call. First it will be Samuel Colt@1911 and then 911 so they can come take pics of the perps because theyll still be hanging around! Hahaha!
Freedom and Liberty

Oaxaca, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Hey Tray its better those kind stay where they are. Someone kicks down the door to their house and their first reaction is to hide in a closet and call a MAN to come over and bring a GUN! Hahaha. I guess if you give the same stupid sob a staek he will need to call a man to bring him a knife too. Those poor bastards are to be pitied.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I do but it seems noongs like you, struggle somewhat....
I could spell it out for you line by line but your head is like concrete, set and not going anywhere.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Guns are the problem and not the human animal? Let's make a little wager. I will put a gun in reach of a few wild animals and let's see if they go on a killing spree with the gun. If the gun causes someone to suddenly become a cold blooded killer then it should work on any animal. How much do you want to put up?
You name the price...

No, only men go on killing spree's. You should know that. You are transfixed by guns. Pity.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

He laughs when he discusses killing other humans...

Who is nuts?
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Our elected have crossed the line in violating their Oath of Office:

The Resistance Begins: New York Gun Owners Refuse to Register; “Largest Act of Civil Disobedience To Attempted Tyranny in State History”

http://www.shtfplan.com/
Tray

New Albany, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Freedom and Liberty wrote:
Hey Tray its better those kind stay where they are. Someone kicks down the door to their house and their first reaction is to hide in a closet and call a MAN to come over and bring a GUN! Hahaha. I guess if you give the same stupid sob a staek he will need to call a man to bring him a knife too. Those poor bastards are to be pitied.
HELP come change the channel on my TV. Ha ha ha.
Tray

New Albany, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You name the price...
No, only men go on killing spree's. You should know that. You are transfixed by guns. Pity.
Only men? Then why not ban men? Oh wait, who would see what made that sound in the middle of the night. The problem is you claimed it was the guns. By your claim if you were to pick a gun up you would feel an irresistible urge to go on a killing spree. You pick the time and place and animal to place a gun near but make it worth my trouble. I am looking at a new .50 BMG so I'll need about $12,000.
Tray

New Albany, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Guppy wrote:
He laughs when he discusses killing other humans...
Who is nuts?
Some humans need killing. What? Do you think I should feel pity and cry for a dead rapist, child molester, murderer, or other low life? Hee Hee Hee.
holycrap

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

yeah i wish i guns were legal so i can shoot people. nuff said
Tray

New Albany, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

holycrap wrote:
yeah i wish i guns were legal so i can shoot people. nuff said
But murder is also illegal. To bad criminals don't follow either law. Let's make more laws surely that will work.
Dr Freud

Hatfield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> But murder is also illegal. To bad criminals don't follow either law. Let's make more laws surely that will work.
As you know: "No man-made law has ever stopped anything from happening." Author unknown.
And: "The essence of all law is power." Author unknown.
But some —it would seem— figure that if one does something repeatedly (not unlike masturbating), that a desirable result may eventually be had.
Now, we already know the results of masturbation, but it would seem that not a few are hoping to instead win whatever lottery!
;-)
Dr Freud

Hatfield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Some humans need killing. What? Do you think I should feel pity and cry for a dead rapist, child molester, murderer, or other low life? Hee Hee Hee.
That poster 'guppy' has pity for the violent criminals who daily wreak absolute havoc upon the innocent.
Yet she has nothing but total contempt for the victims of violence.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that be you?
How boring..
And scary ...
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Me nor any of my children have been slaughtered but of course we are capable of self defense. You mean like most smokers in their 80's that make a liar out of the anti rights crowd? You mean like car owners who die at much higher rates than gun owners but just refuse to give up the convenience of travel? Poor poor loser.
Het Sock puppet, I addressed the post to MaFrauder and you didnt notice.

LOL

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Tray wrote:
<quoted text>
Well history shows people killed each other just fine without guns and at higher rates than after the gun was invented.

A: Now you are being ridiculous.

The gun provided an equal chance for victims that previous weapons didn't. Guns provided police with a better ability to capture criminals. Prior to guns not many people wanted a law enforcement job it was too dangerous.

A: But it WAS safer being a law enforcer after the crims and the cops started using guns???? You dare to call me a loser, with nonsense like that.

However before guns tyrants were not in short supply. Kings or emperors ruled most countries and were basically uninfringed in their powers to oppress the citizens. WOW I love seeing how much a loser you continue to prove yourself to be.

A:Where is the change, now the tyrants are those that still do what they like and infringe on the powers to oppress citizens and they have most of your money, they head up big bussiness...
Dr Freud

Hatfield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just a complete arsehole!
Hey Condom puppet, I addressed the post to YOU and YOU didn't even notice.
LOL
Dr Freud

Hatfield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
Now I'm being just plain fucking ridiculous.
Yeah, we know. You do that all the time!
LOL!
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Only men? Then why not ban men? Oh wait, who would see what made that sound in the middle of the night. The problem is you claimed it was the guns. By your claim if you were to pick a gun up you would feel an irresistible urge to go on a killing spree. You pick the time and place and animal to place a gun near but make it worth my trouble. I am looking at a new .50 BMG so I'll need about $12,000.
I could put the $12,000 to good use, but I would feel terrible making you hand over that much money.

.50BMG is a gun? What a waste of money.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

The intelligent people marched in DC today.

Must have been really cold.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 92,581 - 92,600 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

138 Users are viewing the Australia Forum right now

Search the Australia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WAR India v Australia, who will win? 4 min Peter Hall 1,259
Australian dollar to drop to US86c in 2015 17 min Lower 4
Rising Alarm at Australia's Asylum Seeker Returns 20 min Allah Spoons 104
The Zionist PC crew are targeting the AFL? 38 min Mothman 2
White people are scum thieves of the world (Mar '13) 50 min ultimate sheit 140
Australia is drying out thanks to our emissions 1 hr SpaceBlues 41
The truth about the so called Ashkenazi jews 1 hr The Awakener 14
•••
•••